Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it people really feel that Bruce Arians was like a God here in Indianapolis?

I'm sick of people giving him all the credit or saying luck will fail cause he left for Arizona

Hang on a minute TK  Bruce Arians God  ?  No   18 :manning:   is  God like in Indianapolis  hence all the brand new Bronco fans last season  ..   I liked B.A BUT  I was happy to see him go once I realized Pep Hamilton would be the new OC & I expect very lil from him in Arizona in 3 years he'll be back to his old job IMO OC ..

Andrew Luck will do better under Pep Hamilton no doubt in my mind . Anyone thinking he'll fail without B.A can look no further than Tom Moore . Was'nt B.A 18's coach the first year ? Or am I having 70's flashback that alter the mind ..

Khaled Holmes being carted off with a right leg issue is worrisome... Hope it's not too serious. If he's out, do we have a backup center? We traded Shipley away this offseason...

We have that C from Purdue named schemg or something like that I believe

Hang on a minute TK  Bruce Arians God  ?  No   18 :manning:   is  God like in Indianapolis  hence all the brand new Bronco fans last season  ..   I liked B.A BUT  I was happy to see him go once I realized Pep Hamilton would be the new OC & I expect very lil from him in Arizona in 3 years he'll be back to his old job IMO OC ..

Andrew Luck will do better under Pep Hamilton no doubt in my mind . Anyone thinking he'll fail without B.A can look no further than Tom Moore . Was'nt B.A 18's coach the first year ? Or am I having 70's flashback that alter the mind ..

B.A was the QB coach in 1998  my bad

I don't think that TK85 is saying that Bruce Arians doesn't deserve credit for his contributions in INDY last year Gabriel. He's just knows what everybody else knows. Coordinators & coaches keep a team focused, calm, & they know when to encourage players & when to crack the whip & be firm.

Overall, what really infuriates INDY fans is the most is lazy NFL analysts looking for an easy answer for our success last year without getting off their caboose & realizing that coaches & coordinators leave teams all the time & that HC Pagano who hired Arians in the 1st place will keep strengthening this team just fine with the gym rat GM Ryan Grigson. INDY won't crumble & collapse just because Bruce Arians left for AZ. What a bleeping joke. LOL!  :lol:  :funny:  lmao

I love being under the radar anyway with lowered expectations that most analysts believe was a fluke anyway. Jeff Saturday knows the truth & so does Tedy Bruschi. That's all that matters to me. 

I am with you my old friend! (Not old...but.. :))  

I am ready, however for the Colts NOT to be "under the radar anymore."  I want to put the fear of 'the devil' into opposing teams. I want 35-0 vs 41-39......lets be the Monster not just play "Build the Monster!"  WOW!  I feel much better now.....Bring on Oakland!  I am ready!   :)

indianapolis-colts-dock.jpg

I don't think that TK85 is saying that Bruce Arians doesn't deserve credit for his contributions in INDY last year Gabriel. He's just knows what everybody else knows. Coordinators & coaches keep a team focused, calm, & they know when to encourage players & when to crack the whip & be firm.

Overall, what really infuriates INDY fans the most is lazy NFL analysts looking for an easy answer for our success last year without getting off their caboose & realizing that coaches & coordinators leave teams all the time & that HC Pagano who hired Arians in the 1st place will keep strengthening this team just fine with the gym rat GM Ryan Grigson. INDY won't crumble & collapse just because Bruce Arians left for AZ. What a bleeping joke. LOL!  :lol:  :funny:  lmao

I love being under the radar anyway with lowered expectations that most analysts believe was a fluke anyway. Jeff Saturday knows the truth & so does Tedy Bruschi. That's all that matters to me. We are gonna do some serious damage this year. Houston, batten down the hatches...We want the division this year & we will take it "by any means necessary" [Malcolm X] if we have to.  :hat:

Good  explanation SW1    IMO B.A also gets the credit for 12's passer rating  & all the abuse our QB took holding on to the ball behind a joke of a offensive line . Being young & able to run for your life is must in B.A's system ..

The person who deserves the credit for all things Colts related is the Top Dog Ryan Grigson our Exec of the year he's the puppet master whether coachs or players he has made great moves starting with the 2012 draft putting players & coachs in a position to WIN & surprise all the doom & gloomers who either jumped ship or just said in a chorus the Colts would be celler dwellers . :funny:

Well the joke was on them ..          :thmup:

Bring on the "Cut Vinateri" thread again :facepalm:

@andrewmishler: DOINK. Vinatieri attempts a 52-yard field goal that hits the bottom crossbar and bounces out.

I will never say I want AV cut, but the McManus kid can kick.  if there ever was a time to go...or retire, I believe mcManus is going to be a VERY good kicker in this league.... :td:

I am with you my old friend! (Not old...but.. :))  

I am ready, however for the Colts NOT to be "under the radar anymore."  I want to put the fear of 'the devil' into opposing teams. I want 35-0 vs 41-39......lets be the Monster not just play "Build the Monster!"  WOW!  I feel much better now.....Bring on Oakland!  I am ready!   :)

indianapolis-colts-dock.jpg

I have no problem exorcising diminished expectations Brent. I was actually referring to NFL pundits more than teams actually. I love watching "liars & rats" [to quote former GM Bill Polian] claim that they were on the bandwagon since Grigs & Pagano were hired even though several of them had their doubts. I have no problem with people making mistakes as long as you admit you made them initially. If you refuse to admit that, then SW1's forgiveness completely fades away & disappears. 

One slight difference of opinion Brent. I wanna win too. Just like you, but tighter, grind it out games favors us in the post season. "Run the ball; stop the run" early & often IMHO buddy!  :thmup:

I will never say I want AV cut, but the McManus kid can kick.  if there ever was a time to go...or retire, I believe mcManus is going to be a VERY good kicker in this league.... :td:

he'll probably make the ps

I will never say I want AV cut, but the McManus kid can kick. if there ever was a time to go...or retire, I believe mcManus is going to be a VERY good kicker in this league.... :td:

Yeah, but we all know that thread is coming once the season starts

Good  explanation SW1    IMO B.A also gets the credit for 12's passer rating  & all the abuse our QB took holding on to the ball behind a joke of a offensive line . Being young & able to run for your life is must in B.A's system ..

The person who deserves the credit for all things Colts related is the Top Dog Ryan Grigson our Exec of the year he's the puppet master whether coachs or players he has made great moves starting with the 2012 draft putting players & coachs in a position to WIN & surprise all the doom & gloomers who either jumped ship or just said in a chorus the Colts would be celler dwellers . :funny:

Well the joke was on them ..          :thmup:

Well said Adonis1! Grigs singlehandedly released aging players with large salaries who were past their prime & rolled up his sleeves & went to work bringing in stout, strong, smart, and sophisticated players making INDY a place veterans want to flock to in droves. I ran out of likes already my friend. Here are 4 thumbs up for you.  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:

I've had my issues with Grigs talking double speak & telling fans nothing. That's why I call him Jack Ryan from Tom Clancy best selling novels, but even I cannot deny the talent & tough mindset that Ryan Grigson has created in INDY & Grigs deserves full credit for that crucial fact. 

Tom James @TribStarTJames 18m

Official Tuesday afternoon injury list: Sergio Brown (hamstring), Holmes (ankle), Luttrus (knee).

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts 6m

Josh McNary: "I was kind of concerned if I was going to be overly rusty. But it turned out to be pretty smooth, a smooth transition.”

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks 21m
Bjoern Werner had a great practice...but he's still a rookie. instagram.com/p/cZ3nGnKpo0/

I want to say a quick thank you to Superman for starting daily training camp threads.  It will be interesting to look from day to day and see who continues to impress (Fleener and Whalen...Davis and Toler for example) and some that may not be living up to expectations. (Nobody so far that we know of)

It also makes it easy to follow and get all notifications!  Thank to everyone who is either there at camp or following on Twitter with all of the great Colts info!   :thanks: !!!!!  

My personal favorites of today....Conner putting out some big hits as well as better coverage and Htowns picture of Josh McNary being "coached up" by Coach Pagano!!!!  That kid is a chiseled 251....(not to be confused with ripped  :spit: )   :nfl:  :coltsfb:  :coltshelmet:  :pass: !!!!!!!!