Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@gmbremer: Tight end Coby Fleener was the star of #ColtsCamp today with seven catches from Luck and a couple of big gains.

Fleener is gonna be a beast in this new offense. Pep Hamilton's offense is what turned him into one of the best tight ends in the 2012 draft.

Just came back from Practice, I forgot my glasses and couldn't make out a lot of players. Fleener was great, TY Hilton was great, Griff Whalen was good (when he got his chances)

Sat right in front of the Cornerback practice, Josh Gordy had an awesome 1 handed grab

Just came back from Practice, I forgot my glasses and couldn't make out a lot of players. Fleener was great, TY Hilton was great, Griff Whalen was good (when he got his chances)

Sat right in front of the Cornerback practice, Josh Gordy had an awesome 1 handed grab

Wearing Beer Goggles ? :rock:

So its looking like DHB is already putting himself in a tight spot with drops and the Pads aren't even out yet. I mean drops are gonna happen but when it should easily be a catch then its a concern. And when the Pads come with Toler, Davis, Laundry and Bethea flying around its only gonna be more difficult. If he's having trouble now its a cause for concern. Hopefully he will clean it up.

im hoping ben ijalana and brandon mckinney make a statement in training camp two of my favorite colts who if they can get healthy can really be great this team any updates on them would be greatly appreciated also itching to see ahmad bradshaw in action for us my favorite free agent addition in a long time

im hoping ben ijalana and brandon mckinney make a statement in training camp two of my favorite colts who if they can get healthy can really be great this team any updates on them would be greatly appreciated also itching to see ahmad bradshaw in action for us my favorite free agent addition in a long time

McKinney has a swollen knee & Bradshaw said he'll be out about 2 more weeks then he'll be ready

So its looking like DHB is already putting himself in a tight spot with drops and the Pads aren't even out yet. I mean drops are gonna happen but when it should easily be a catch then its a concern. And when the Pads come with Toler, Davis, Laundry and Bethea flying around its only gonna be more difficult. If he's having trouble now its a cause for concern. Hopefully he will clean it up.

Yep, if he can't catch now.... I feel sorry for him when Landry will be able to knock the snot outta him coming across the middle

Good to hear about Fleener though. I really think it was the mental aspect that held him up last year. I think he played with a lot of unsurity which creates a lack in confidence. Now in a system he knows for the most part he should come alive. The skill is there. Also good to hear about Hilton making catches. Luck should definatley have a number of options.

Yep, if he can't catch now.... I feel sorry for him when Landry will be able to knock the snot outta him coming across the middle

Yeah no joke!! You know he's gonna be salivating at the mouth when the Pads come on just looking for anyone and everyone that he can knock the snot out of.On another front though I'm glad to see Kelly has looked good so far and been consistent. But I wanna hear how he does in Pads. I wouldn't mind him making the Roster somehow. But its gonna be tough with Whalen and Brazil who the we still wanna stick with and Palmer.

McKinney has a swollen knee & Bradshaw said he'll be out about 2 more weeks then he'll be ready

thanks alot tknight knew bout bradshaw but didnt know bout mckinneys knee crap but heard tevaseu was injured too but whoever if either makes the 53 i hope its the best decision for the team just have my specific underdogs im rooting for (mckinney,ijalana,sheldon price etc.)

Colts camp today...

Reggie, T.Y., Whalen and Fleener looked REALLY good.  Reggie had a tapped ball to himself that was awesome, Whalen just plan looks impressive great hands and QUICK.  DHB better find a set of hands, had a couple of balls that got dropped that you just have to catch.  One was a TD.

Josh Chapman is a horse...  he had a couple of double teams on today that he moved back.

Toler, Davis, Bethea and Landry just look REALLY good out there.  This defense is inexpressive 

Luck is working out his timing on throws...  Couple of long balls today

Justice Cunningham was limping around after 1 play by us, didn't look like it was real serious

REALLY excited for this team, great energy today...   

why is everyone so down on dhb? I heard he made a "slick" catch in traffic

I think he's working out rust, he had some good catches today no question.  Just had a couple of dropped balls today that had everyone I was sitting with scratching our heads

I think he's working out rust, he had some good catches today no question.  Just had a couple of dropped balls today that had everyone I was sitting with scratching our heads

I cant be there so I can only go with what I hear on here. tomorrow will tell a lot. thats when the big boy pants are put on.

A lot of places are reporting that Luck didnt have a TD today, but this was on the official site.

PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS

Andrew Luck led a crisply-paced practice and hit 27-of-43 passes (not counting a spike) for one touchdown.  He hit Coby Fleenericon-article-link.gif for a score.  Luck is 49-of-77 for three TDs in 7-on-7 or 11-on-11 drills in two days.  Luck hit nine straight passes in 11-on-11 work near the end of practice.  Luck hit Reggie Wayneicon-article-link.gif on a checkdown play late in practice with Wayne being at least the third option, a goal of Pep Hamilton’s this season.

why is everyone so down on dhb? I heard he made a "slick" catch in traffic

He has a reputation for not having great hands, and he's reportedly dropped five passes in two days, plus he fumbled on a reverse. Those kind of reports just reinforce the perception that already exists.

A lot of places are reporting that Luck didnt have a TD today, but this was on the official site.

I don't care if he had 1 or 5. It's training camp, and that's what it's for. To make mistakes NOW, and correct them. I have all the faith in the world that Luck will be just fine once the bullets start flying. You can't get a "real" feel for someone based on training camp. Let's at least wait until we play someone in preseason with a different colored jersey.

He has a reputation for not having great hands, and he's reportedly dropped five passes in two days, plus he fumbled on a reverse. Those kind of reports just reinforce the perception that already exists.

its training camp. this is the time to make mistakes so you can prepare for the real thing. besides its just practice. lets wait and see what happens in a real game.

its training camp. this is the time to make mistakes so you can prepare for the real thing. besides its just practice. lets wait and see what happens in a real game.

Do you think it's easier to perform in practice, with no pads, or in a real game?

I'm not jumping ship on DHB. I'm just pointing out why he's getting some negative comments thrown his way.

Do you think it's easier to perform in practice, with no pads, or in a real game?

I'm not jumping ship on DHB. I'm just pointing out why he's getting some negative comments thrown his way.

course not but its still early

Cunningham looked to suffer some cramping or injury to what looked like his right lower leg, He eventually got up after laying down for a bit near the right side line, he was limping around a tad before the actually incident

As mentioned in the this thread above, Whalen when thrown to has looked very impressive, has not dropped a pass yet that I recall, good at accelerating after the catch to, I spoke to Jeff Linkenbach, he mentioned practice in pads tomorrow, Andrew has overthrown a couple deep and medium range passes, Our running game looked good, I tried to get Hugh Thornton and Vick Ballards autograph but just missed