Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ell_chrisso

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

I know you're just kidding; 63% isn't garbage. But I tend to think of this as a positive. I think it says something about our secondary that this offense isn't quite clicking just yet. Both Luck and Hasselbeck were reportedly a little off early on.

Yeah.. Darius Butler continuing his ball-hawking ways from last year.... I've been saying all offseason that he is very underrated... I forget what opposing QBs ratings were when throwing at him last season, but it was ungodly awful... Darius is a bona fide, top flight corner... He hasn't the size of a Toler or Davis, but he's got guts and hands. I don't see how people can diss our secondary when the nickel corner is good enough to be the 2nd corner on most NFL teams...

@KBowenColts: Andrew Luck a strong finish to 11-on-11 work, with a string of 8 straight passes but Darius Butler gets the last laugh with a goal line pick

@KBowenColts: T.Y. Hilton the highlight offensively on Day Two with several catches, including an over the shoulder diving grab near the far sideline.

@KBowenColts: On the other side of the ball, Butler and Kavell Conner had their hands in multiple pass deflections

The great news to me here is Conner.....better at the run, but making plays in coverage.  Great news!!!  :)

@gmbremer: Andrew Luck finishes 27-43 with no TDs and an INT. Darius Butler got the INT again. #ColtsCamp

Butler was one step away from not being in the league....Grigs snagged him and he just continues to handle the situation at hand....loving Butler in this secondary!!!   :colts:  :colts:

Darius Butler got me thinking about changing my username from TKnight85 to TKnight20

haha

I'm not concerned about the passing numbers, our secondary will be one of the best in the league this year. It's been awhile since we had the combination of talent and coaching back there we do now.

Fleener's going to make a lot of people eat crow this year. If he's healthy, he will develop into a force and really put the overreaction to his rookie season in perspective.

I 'v believed  from the git go as soon as Pep Hamilton was on board all our Stanford players would shine ..

@TribStarTJames: Post practice injury report: NT Martin Tevasue (shoulder), TE Justice Cunningham (cramps), NT Montori Hughes (cramps). DT KHeard not serious

Thank you it's just cramps mostly, don't know how severe Tevasue shoulder is though, with McKinney sitting out for now we need the bodies at NT for practice

Will be using much more 2TE sets this year then 3WR sets because Fleener/Allen is more consistent duo then DHB/TY. It also makes us a better running team and keeps Luck completion % high because both of the TE's have great hands. Arians rarely used 2TE sets last year but this year with Pep i think it'll be 70/30 ratio of 2Te's being on the field. Even if we go 5WR sets , Fleener and Allen will be on the field together.The offense will look very similar to what the Patriots was last year and here are some of the formations you'll most likely see us in.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8298aeb2/article/two-tight-end-formations-will-hit-nfl-by-storm-in-2012

I know you're just kidding; 63% isn't garbage. But I tend to think of this as a positive. I think it says something about our secondary that this offense isn't quite clicking just yet. Both Luck and Hasselbeck were reportedly a little off early on.

Yeah to quote Allen Iverson, "We talking' bout practice?"

I'm not worried.

Is it 1pm today that practice gets underway? Anyone know if NFL Network are showing bits & bobs?

They should change NFL network to Redskins network. That would make more sense because thats all they're showing.

Was just read SB Nation - Ryan Grigson's interview  1 question was about our diamond in the rough I still have'nt heard how the Colts found  Adongo but he's a lump of clay with at this point no bad habits to unlearn . Just tell him to smear the guy with the ball this should be fun to watch .. :blueshoe:

Q: How steep a curve does Adongo have?

A: Well, right now he's the 90th man on the roster. He's a guy we brought in that has a very raw skill set, obviously. You watch him throw the football for the first time, in about a nanosecond you say, 'Well, he's not a quarterback.' He had never thrown a football before. But once you start seeing him move around with those long limbs, and you see the type of competitor and really the traits he has as a human being and just as an athlete, you have something to work with. You basically have a lump of clay for these coaches to work with and it's really gratifying to see. We brought him in for a work out, 17 hours from Johannesburg - that's before the connection - [and] you see those coaches kinda beaming, knowing that they have a completely, like our linebackers coach said, a truly blank canvas, because it's not like he came from a small school or he came from a guy that hadn't played since high school. We're talking about a guy that hasn't been able to learn any bad habits because he's never played. I told him anything he's doing that's "a bad habit", he must learn from [the media].

Yes, that last sentence was a joke, for those that need help with humor.

They should change NFL network to Redskins network. That would make more sense because thats all they're showing.

HA HA!  I said that last year...another day...another......:)

Was just read SB Nation - Ryan Grigson's interview  1 question was about our diamond in the rough I still have'nt heard how the Colts found  Adongo but he's a lump of clay with at this point no bad habits to unlearn . Just tell him to smear the guy with the ball this should be fun to watch .. :blueshoe:

Q: How steep a curve does Adongo have?

A: Well, right now he's the 90th man on the roster. He's a guy we brought in that has a very raw skill set, obviously. You watch him throw the football for the first time, in about a nanosecond you say, 'Well, he's not a quarterback.' He had never thrown a football before. But once you start seeing him move around with those long limbs, and you see the type of competitor and really the traits he has as a human being and just as an athlete, you have something to work with. You basically have a lump of clay for these coaches to work with and it's really gratifying to see. We brought him in for a work out, 17 hours from Johannesburg - that's before the connection - [and] you see those coaches kinda beaming, knowing that they have a completely, like our linebackers coach said, a truly blank canvas, because it's not like he came from a small school or he came from a guy that hadn't played since high school. We're talking about a guy that hasn't been able to learn any bad habits because he's never played. I told him anything he's doing that's "a bad habit", he must learn from [the media].

Yes, that last sentence was a joke, for those that need help with humor.

everyone must also remember that DA is only 23

nice read

Thats because RG3 is the ROY there boy they can't resist his locks & his cute socks .. Yesterday they were the Saints  & Giants Network , Which day do ya think will it be " The Colts Network ? "

:blueshoe:

The pads should be coming on tomorrow, other teams put the pads on starting the 3rd day of camp.

Time to seperate the men from the boys.

Is there anyway we can see coverage of colts camp somewhere? NFL network has been showing the same 6 teams smh

Is there anyway we can see coverage of colts camp somewhere? NFL network has been showing the same 6 teams smh

that is why I have been watching The Mother-in-Laws, The Carol Channing Show, Land's End and Barnaby Jones.

@mchappell51: By the way, #colts allowed to wear full pads for Tuesday afternoon work. Always seems to geek things up a bit.

How do you not throw a td in practice? How is Butler getting all these picks?

Ask Blaine Gabbert why butler gets picks

Most likely spot is if somebody post a vid on YouTube(which there is one up from yesterday)

@mchappell51: By the way, #colts allowed to wear full pads for Tuesday afternoon work. Always seems to geek things up a bit.

Yea that's what I had thought because every other team put the pads on the 3rd day, can't wait for tomorrow

Anyone wanna guess who gets cut tonight to make room for Josh Mcnary?

I say likenbach haha

New O, DHB dropping 5 passed in the first 2 days...     one a SURE TD BOMB.

Slow start, it will improve.

I say likenbach haha

RB Megget or kellen Heard

I say likenbach haha

who has had the least amount of reps

Phillip B Wilson @pwilson24 1h

#Colts' best offensive player today couldn't be more obvious. TE Coby Fleener has been exceptional.

Phillip B Wilson @pwilson24 1h

Can't help but be bothered by a Darrius Heyward-Bey drop of deep ball today. Just one play, but #Colts WR had two drops Sunday.

Kyle J. Rodriguez @ColtsAuth_Kyle 2h

DHB basically was handed the #2 spot. Not impossible to play his way out of it.

Heyward-Bey is more talented than Donnie Avery, but that doesn't mean he'll frustrate fans any less.

That being said, they like to move Hilton around, use him in the slot. Don't think they want to use him in the X role.

@gmbremer: Tight end Coby Fleener was the star of #ColtsCamp today with seven catches from Luck and a couple of big gains.

So far, favorite part of whole thread is Mathis's tweet about Landry ready to lay the snot bubbles knock out on someone! Lol, fricken hilarious!

Andrew Luck led a crisply-paced practice and hit 27-of-43 passes (not counting a spike) for one touchdown. He hit Coby Fleener for a score. Luck is 49-of-77 for three TDs in 7-on-7 or 11-on-11 drills in two days. Luck hit nine straight passes in 11-on-11 work near the end of practice. Luck hit Reggie Wayne on a checkdown play late in practice with Wayne being at least the third option, a goal of Pep Hamilton's this season.-colts.com

So far, favorite part of whole thread is Mathis's tweet about Landry ready to lay the snot bubbles knock out on someone! Lol, fricken hilarious!

12-kid-blows-snot-bubble-funny-kids-216x

I say likenbach haha

No. It's probably going to be a linebacker, Lutrus, Spears, Rayford.

Thats because RG3 is the ROY there boy they can't resist his locks & his cute socks .. Yesterday they were the Saints  & Giants Network , Which day do ya think will it be " The Colts Network ? "

:blueshoe:

I don't know but I'll stay tuned in everyday to see. Hopefully soon.  :colts: