Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Such Incredible Potential!

OldSchoolColt

I have never seen a Colts team, or any team, with sooo much potential.

po·ten·tial [ pə ténshəl ]   

1. possible but as yet not actual: having a latent possibility or likelihood of occurring, or of doing or becoming something
  2. expressing possibility: describes a verb or verb form that expresses possibility, e.g. "may" or "might" in English
  3. capacity for development: a capacity to develop, succeed, or become something

Which player has the most potential to play at a higher level than his current level and make a big impact on this team? Toler? Chapman? Thorton? .... Which unit has the most potential to gel and improve the team significantly? CBs? O-line? D-line? .... Why?

I believe it is DHB has huge potential this year. If he turns out as good as hoped when drafted, he will keep the defense honest with his deep ball threat which will better open up our WCO. We need to keep both safeties deep. The front seven on defense is the unit I choose as having the most potential to be better than analyst expect and stopping the run at will. This is so important with our division foes being so good at running the ball.

I'm going with Greg Toler. Didn't really have much help in Arizona and was making way more tackles than a CB should be making. So hopefully with this Defense he can focus on covering and only making tackles when needed like how Vontae did last year.

It's been nothing but great words about Toler since he's arrived here in Indianapolis (aside from the foot injury). But I'd definitely say him on Defense

Offense, my pick is Griff Whalen and that speaks for itself. Old OC is now in town and its also been nothing but great news coming from him

Can't wait for the season to start :colts:

Coby Fleener out of last years draft picks, Out of the FA's this year DHB

I have a question.. coming into the draft, who was ranked higher in their respective seasons? Fleener or Eifert? or like the same?

Because Bengals fans are saying he was much more highly rated but I'm not too sure about that. 

potential? Vontae Davis for me, this guy can potentially be a top 5 corner in the NFL, he has all the physical tools needed, so hopefully he can put it all together, however Greg Toler and Coby Fleener both look like they have a lot of potential, Toler is 28 but I feel like he will perform very well in this defense as a #2 corner, and Fleener had a slow rookie season, but with him being a bigger target in our offense next season, I think his numbers should be a lot bigger

I'm stoked about this team right now. I'm mean if our new O line can gel and keep somewhat healthy because injuries happen we could be really dangerous. I mean we got Wayne, Hilton, DHB and Whalen who I think is really going to make a name for himself then you Add or TEs in Allen and Fleener plus I wouldn't count out Cunningham. I think he could have an impact. Maybe not every game but in certain situations I could see him being big. Ohh and let's not forget Bradshaw as long as he stays healthy and then Ballard and Brown for your cruisers and bruisers. When you look at at we gots lots of weapons for Luck, that O line just needs to give him time.

Then Defense with Werner, Toler, Hughes, Boyette, Davis, Freeman, Chapman and others there is a lot of youth and a nice mix of experience. I think having Redding on that D line is huge being he knows how Pagono wants that front to work and what needs to happen. I think he's gonna be a good leader for those young guys. And hopefully Franklin can help there too. Were just filled with a lot of potential. But now we gotta see them grow into their roles and then start killing it out there. Some very exciting years ahead my friends.

Boy do I wish I could just retire and have season tickets to the colts games. This is an awesome time to have season tickets or tickets to a game period.

I have a question.. coming into the draft, who was ranked higher in their respective seasons? Fleener or Eifert? or like the same?

Because Bengals fans are saying he was much more highly rated but I'm not too sure about that. 

Eifert was ranked higher than Fleener.   Eifer was a solid 1st round pick.   Fleener was a borderline low 1st/High 2nd round pick.

But, in the grand scheme of things,  what difference does it make?     Not sure I follow?      :dunno:

had him

Some said Eifert could be a first round pick, Not all, NFL Draft Scout.com had Fleener anywhere from late 1st to as low as 2-3. I think its close to who is better or not, I see Eiffert having a similar season to what Fleener did, Not because he is not as good or better but more because the Bengals already have an established TE target in Jermaine Gresham. Anyway you look at it, it dont matter what round your drafted in, your expected to produce at your given role on the team, whether that be a starting TE or a special teams late round pick, I expect Fleener will...I expect Fleener to......I dont however expect Fleener to be the next Rob Gronkowski, Fleener was not as polished as Gronk at many aspects coming out, Fleener is not the blocker Gronk is and plays like he is scared to get hit, Could be just rookie jitters and probably was but as we all know Gronk appeared to have no such jitters....Then again he was playing with Tom Brady and that certainly will help any receiver

Some said Eifert could be a first round pick, Not all, NFL Draft Scout.com had Fleener anywhere from late 1st to as low as 2-3. I think its close to who is better or not, I see Eiffert having a similar season to what Fleener did, Not because he is not as good or better but more because the Bengals already have an established TE target in Jermaine Gresham. Anyway you look at it, it dont matter what round your drafted in, your expected to produce at your given role on the team, whether that be a starting TE or a special teams late round pick, I expect Fleener will...I expect Fleener to......I dont however expect Fleener to be the next Rob Gronkowski, Fleener was not as polished as Gronk at many aspects coming out, Fleener is not the blocker Gronk is and plays like he is scared to get hit, Could be just rookie jitters and probably was but as we all know Gronk appeared to have no such jitters....Then again he was playing with Tom Brady and that certainly will help any receiver

It also probably helps that Gronk is also a little bit crazy and Coby is....   well....   not!

You know what I mean?!?      

OK....   maybe Gronk is a lot crazy!     :loco: 

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing....    but, I'm just sayin!       :thmup:

Good night.....   see you all in the morning!     :funny:

The team has been put together with such balance that I can't pick a unit above another. Maybe the defensive front. Player? Allen may have a different role this year, but I think he is one of our most talented players and should be a perennial pro bowler but we will see how he is used.

I think that T.Y. is going to continue to defy all labels, limit his drops, and have a monster year.

The defensive secondary is the unit that I think will have a huge impact on all phases of the defense, all can cover, all can tackle, all can blitz. More size and better physical play (jamming) at the line, as well.. All in all, I think the secondary improvements will contribute to more sacks from the LBs and more turnovers in general. This D will be scary from day 1 if you ask me.

Eifert was ranked higher than Fleener.   Eifer was a solid 1st round pick.   Fleener was a borderline low 1st/High 2nd round pick.

But, in the grand scheme of things,  what difference does it make?     Not sure I follow?      :dunno:

Fleener had a higher grade on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/coby-fleener?id=2532838

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyler-eifert?id=2540148

It also probably helps that Gronk is also a little bit crazy and Coby is....   well....   not!

You know what I mean?!?      

OK....   maybe Gronk is a lot crazy!     :loco:

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing....    but, I'm just sayin!       :thmup:

Good night.....   see you all in the morning!     :funny:

Yo soy fiesta

Gavin took my two!  Great choices Gav!  I am going to go against the traditional 'sexy position' grain:

• Potential:  Anthony Costanzo.  So many naysayers in the forum saying AC is not a strong LT although he has been solid.  This year he becomes an All Pro LT.  Why?  He is already a very good run blocker, and with Luck taking 2 and 3 step drops.....the sky's the limit for this big fella reaching a higher status of play.  I will not go as far as to say 'elite' status, but 1st Pro Bowl.
  • Which Unit?:  I am going with defense.  The front 7 should be SOLID!  What does this mean?  It allows the secondary to COVER, and actually make better plays on the ball.  Instead of leaning forward to protect the run and getting beat over the middle or down field, the secondary may be the most improved in the league thanks to better run stoppers.   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!!!

Good topic by the way OldSchoolColt!!!  :thmup:

I'm going with DHB and Fleener on offense.

Teams know what to expect from Luck,Wayne,Hilton and now Allen. I look for Coby to create separation and he should be able to create mismatches down the field. DHB is a big receiver with amazing speed. Having #12 throwing you the pig skin is a lot different than whatever he had in Oakland.

Where could you begin ,I like Chapman on the DL but many other key additions there that should play big my sleeper is Hughes look out guys he could be the steal of the whole draft!!! Offense Fleener should really make an impact but how can you over look the OL .Think Cunningham brings depth to the TE position in more ways than one! Could go on an on but wont. Exciting time IMO  GO :coltslogo:

JMO but I would say the secondary has the highest potential to excel. Meaning a Big Leap over last season.
And that would be most likely because I expect that the D-Line & pass rush will be Much more sound..

The O-Line should be improved in run blocking and pass protection, with the primary concern that Castanzo will get beaten off the snap in pass protection as badly as he was last season. Bradshaw will be a big asset tho in covering for him and Satelle.

I'd probably have to go with Toler. I feel like he has the potential to be better than Davis, if he's healthy, and we all know how much potential Davis has. On offense I'll go with the Oline. Castonzo should continue to improve and Thomas is one of the best run blockers in the league, so the left side run blocking should be nasty. Play action bootlegs could be really effective. Add Cherilus and Thornton on the right side and our Oline looks to be much better than years past.

Bottom line if this team meet the potential thats there,it will be the Beast weve all been looking for   :rawr:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:

I want to add to this....I am rooting big time for Walden to succeed after the pummeling he has taken here, and I will go on record as saying I am hoping the improvement in the front 7 benefits a guy like Vaughn whom I have critiqued/slammed more than any other....Unleash the Beast Jay...makes everyone play better!!!   :highfive:

I want to add to this....I am rooting big time for Walden to succeed after the pummeling he has taken here, and I will go on record as saying I am hoping the improvement in the front 7 benefits a guy like Vaughn whom I have critiqued/slammed more than any other....Unleash the Beast Jay...makes everyone play better!!!   :highfive:

Your right Brother, W alden did get hammered not by us tho,I trust Pagano and Grigson to know what they are looking for,just waiting to watch the pieces fall together!

Your right Brother, W alden did get hammered not by us tho,I trust Pagano and Grigson to know what they are looking for,just waiting to watch the pieces fall together!

Can you believe I mentioned Vaughn?  Can I rescind that comment?   :spit:

Naaahhhh!  put on the pads...if he beats someone out...he deserves the spot simple as that!!!  :)

Of players who played last year: Coby Fleener

runner up: Vontae Davis

Of players who did not play last year: Josh Chapman

runner up: Griff Whalen

Of FA additions to the team this year: DHB

runner up: Greg Toler

Of Rookie additions to the team: Bjoern Werner

runner up: Montori Hughes

Favorites of who might be gone: Justin Hickman (OLB), Drake Nevis (DT), Donald Brown (RB) 

He seemed to be playing more with the number 1s than Conner, for whatever little it means at this point.

Sheppard is better at pass coverage...Conner is the better run stopper.  I also look forward to seeing Conner hit a QB on a blitz...the kid needs a shot at blitzing in what will be a well disguised defense.  The heat will come from anywhere at anytime!

OK...just got myself pumped up :):coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

Can't argue Fleener with Pep aboard.  I would love for DHB to break out to open up single coverage on Wayne and Fleener.  Again with a improved running attack this will be the case anyway. I feel defensively is where we will improve tremendously.  Lots of playmakers on board.

Can't argue Fleener with Pep aboard.  I would love for DHB to break out to open up single coverage on Wayne and Fleener.  Again with a improved running attack this will be the case anyway. I feel defensively is where we will improve tremendously.  Lots of playmakers on board.

Love your username!  Welcome to the forum....let the STORM begin....offensively and defensively...(And my personal favorite SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!)

welcome-y.jpg

Landry will make the biggest impact in the 2013 season, stopping the run will be huge and when taking a close look of our front 7 on the Defensive line I can see Landry playing lights out and clean up against the run and pass.'AKA' we got our Bob back with Landry. When I thank of a unit that stands out it would be the D-line, this line is solid with a number of guys who can get the job done. I really like our depth, size and stregth along this line with guys like Chappy NT, Redding DE, Franklin NT, Guy DE,Hughes DL, Francois DL, McKinney NT, Nevis DE, Mathews DE,Moala DE and Tevaseu NT and Heard DL. I think that this will be the first year that our D could be just as good as the offense.

Hey GA(-ls) + (-gu)YS,

Only one person has mentioned specifically Ricky Jean. BTW you guys should ask him to do the PEANUT BUTTER JELLY. He's been great with the 9ers, and he's been solid filling in on their front 7. Now with him starting, he's definitely gonna improve the RUN DEF. Hopefully he can get a lot of TACK 4 Loss, couple of SACKS, and a FF

Kerwynn Williams. His breakaway capabilities on punt and kick returns and 3rd down plays could provide Colts with an offensive weapon which can change a game in an instant. KW or Kilowatt due to his potential electricity may not be involved in the game too often, but could be a real gamechanger.