Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick vs Luck (NFL.com)

Andy

the td by forsett that should have never counted

It happened in the third quarter. Anything could have happened between then and the end of the game, and considering that the Lions weren't up to the task of beating us in OT, I think it's safe to say we deserved that win.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaepernick is the TRUTH, he has a cannon for an arm, he is fearless, i think on turf he is just as fast and dangerous as RG111, and he is big and sturdily built and will hold up...The knocks I have on him are his touch passing needs to improve a lot, and the simple offense he runs...Still take LUCK, but Kap is as dynamic a player as I've ever seen at the QB position and can hurt you real fast...

And he can throw a 96 mph fastball....for that he gets a point :)

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 20, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, May 20, 2013 - personal argument

Texans fans are like that dog crap that gets stuck in the crevices of your shoes and is impossible to get rid of....

That's kind of you. I think of something much worse when I see your outrageous statements and posts come up...

It happened in the third quarter. Anything could have happened between then and the end of the game, and considering that the Lions weren't up to the task of beating us in OT, I think it's safe to say we deserved that win.

cant deny it impacted the whole game. it was a change of pace game to watch on thanksgiving though so that was fun.

he got tore to shreds due to our salvation army o line and still came down to a couple dropped passes from beating the eventual super bowl champs... and yours?

Yes, it was the drops, the line, the RBs and the weather too I'm sure. Come on man, you have to put at least some of the blame on 12, right? But to answer your question Schaub threw 2 TDs in two games, threw for 605 yards, and posted a 70.8 completion percentage with 2 INTs.

cant deny it impacted the whole game. it was a change of pace game to watch on thanksgiving though so that was fun.

I had a feeling something crazy was going to happen on our first Thanksgiving Day match-up. It was the old Texan bad luck thing lol...but somehow we pulled it out and got lucky when crazy Schwartz went commando and launched a flag. He took blame for the loss after the game, at least he owned up like a man.

That's kind of you. I think of something much worse when I see your outrageous statements and posts come up...

Don't troll on a Colts forum and expect anything nice to be said about the OILERS...

Don't troll on a Colts forum and expect anything nice to be said about the OILERS...

I'm not a troll, no idea where you keep getting this from. If anything the generally held view around here is that you are the troll, ironically enough. And who cares about the Titans? I never say nice things about them.

I'm not a troll, no idea where you keep getting this from. If anything the generally held view around here is that you are the troll, ironically enough. And who cares about the Titans? I never say nice things about them.

Speaking of the Titans they will be our closest competition in the division this year....Colts 12-4, Titans 10-6, Texans 7-9...The steady decline back to the cellar is creeping up on the No QB having Texans....Should have drafted Matt Barkley at least, I had E.J. Manuel pegged as your savior , but Buffalo was smarter than I realized..Now you have nothing...Guys just keep getting older, a terrible coach, and a PURE BUM at QB...It would really be sad to be a Texans fan, I don't blame you for being on a real team's forum....smh

Well considering that I was joking and merely having fun with your wow, it's one game comment....and a game that Kaep needed to win to get to the SB, coming down from 17-0...but if you're in the mood to play today...

How should we have lost to the Lions? The score was 34-31 if I'm not mistaken, nothing there indicates we should have lost unless you want to say the same about all those close games against inferior teams that the Colts lost. And we swept the Jaguars...while you guys lost with Blaine starting. Kaep made due with what he had as well, are you blaming the guy for having a good team? 12 had a good back in Ballard and a journey WR in Wayne and a fast, ST beast in Hilton so not sure where you're going here.

OK I got that you were joking with the comments but then you go and call Wayne a "journey" WR?  I know I haven't seen eye to eye with you on some stuff, but this one I am calling you out on.  Calling him a "journeyman" WR is a joke.  Dude will be in the hall after all is said and done.  Has some of the best hands in the league and one of the most durable players in the game.  Poor word choice bro!  Poor word choice!

I think the imbalance of just saying advantage comes the size of the advantage.  For example, Kaepernick has a slight edge over Luck in athleticism and maybe arm strength (though that's debatable), but Luck has a huge advantage in managing a game/reading a defense/the mental aspect of the game.  This isn't to say Kap isn't smart; I'm sure he is very intelligent and has good football IQ.  Luck is just insane when it comes to football IQ.  So while Kap has a 2-1 advantage if you do those three categories, Luck's total talents are higher.

OK I got that you were joking with the comments but then you go and call Wayne a "journey" WR?  I know I haven't seen eye to eye with you on some stuff, but this one I am calling you out on.  Calling him a "journeyman" WR is a joke.  Dude will be in the hall after all is said and done.  Has some of the best hands in the league and one of the most durable players in the game.  Poor word choice bro!  Poor word choice!

haha I was debating whether or not to put HoF WR but then I thought back about that thread that was on here a while ago. I think Supes put up a few posts detailing the numbers that Wayne would have to put up in the next few years in order to reach that Hall potency and many think that it can't be done as his decline is inevitable but then again, who knows. Maybe he and 12 can put something together to help the guy's case. He is a very good wideout and I didn't know what else to say besides journey lol. Right now at this point in time though I'm not sure if he'll be in or not though.

Andrew Luck took a 2 win team to 11 wins and a playoff game a rookie.

Kaepernick spent his rookie year backing up a bust who was brought back to life by the amazing talent around him. Had it not been for an injury to said bust, Kaep would still be a back up.

Oh well, I guess we should crown Kaepernick as the new Tom Brady. haha

Kap isn't on Lucks level coming into this year IMO.

Quite easy to look elite with an A+ defense backing you up, just ask Sanchez.

Not just an A+ defense but one of the top offensive lines, and a top running back as well.  

Lets not forget this is a group that made Alex Smith look good.  

haha I was debating whether or not to put HoF WR but then I thought back about that thread that was on here a while ago. I think Supes put up a few posts detailing the numbers that Wayne would have to put up in the next few years in order to reach that Hall potency and many think that it can't be done as his decline is inevitable but then again, who knows. Maybe he and 12 can put something together to help the guy's case. He is a very good wideout and I didn't know what else to say besides journey lol. Right now at this point in time though I'm not sure if he'll be in or not though.

I c. . . .well then we will just call A. Johnson an "above average height WR"  :thmup::funny:   I have faith that 87 will have a place in canton, just like 18 and hopefully 12 :goodluck:

So, "Mr. I'm not a troll", who do you put ahead of Luck...everybody?  Obviously Kap and RGIII.  Do you put Wilson ahead of Luck?  Is Luck the 10th best QB in last year's draft?

I c. . . .well then we will just call A. Johnson an "above average height WR"  :thmup::funny:   I have faith that 87 will have a place in canton, just like 18 and hopefully 12 :goodluck:

Hey, Andre put up 3 1500 yard, 4 100-catch seasons playing for us...come on now, gotta give him credit for that haha Yeah for sure 18, no doubt about that one CF. Make sure to save some space for 87 and 80, PM! :D

Andrew Luck and Kapernick should not even be mentioned in the same sentence. Luck is a pure drop back QB where Kapernick thrives in that gay kinda pistol college crap. Kapernick may be more atheletic as far as speed but Luck is much bigger and stronger. As far as clutch I have never seen a rookie QB more clutch then Luck and I believe he set a record for come backs.

Give me Andrew over Kapernick any Sunday. Fight in a bar? I'll take Andrew.

haha I agree

So, "Mr. I'm not a troll", who do you put ahead of Luck...everybody?  Obviously Kap and RGIII.  Do you put Wilson ahead of Luck?  Is Luck the 10th best QB in last year's draft?

Are you implying that I exhibit trollish behavior because I don't think the kid breathes rainbows? But to answer your question, no, I don't put everyone ahead of 12. I actually consider Kaep and 12 kind of even, except for the whole postseason success in first year starting thing. When it's all said and done, he may be the best or second-best QB when it comes down to wins and rings. Heck, with Wilson in the equation, there could be a case made for third best as well. We can never project SB wins. But this was a good class of QBs, so I would expect at least one or two of them to make the big game at least once. Who will those two be? Wilson has a good squad to lead but faces adversity in the Packers, 49ers, Saints, etc. Same with Griffin. But they also have teams geared to win right now, and Grigson is trying to do the same for 12 of course. I can't say with certainty who I think will win the big one first.

Are you implying that I exhibit trollish behavior because I don't think the kid breathes rainbows? But to answer your question, no, I don't put everyone ahead of 12. I actually consider Kaep and 12 kind of even, except for the whole postseason success in first year starting thing. When it's all said and done, he may be the best or second-best QB when it comes down to wins and rings. Heck, with Wilson in the equation, there could be a case made for third best as well. We can never project SB wins. But this was a good class of QBs, so I would expect at least one or two of them to make the big game at least once. Who will those two be? Wilson has a good squad to lead but faces adversity in the Packers, 49ers, Saints, etc. Same with Griffin. But they also have teams geared to win right now, and Grigson is trying to do the same for 12 of course. I can't say with certainty who I think will win the big one first.

Good answer.  

PS.  I don't know about rainbows, but lollipops do magically appear when he's around.

They are in no way even on arm talent. And no way is Kap a better manager than Luck

Kap- arm talent, and its really not close.

Luck-game managing, and its not close.

All in all, I prefer Luck. Hopefully he stays healthy and keep getting better.

Come on now....

You're much better and smarter than that.....   there is no rational explanation for calling Reggie Wayne a journeyman WR.   And I say that even if you don't think he'll ever make it to the Hall of Fame.    He's so far above a journeyman.    Not only should the name Reggie Wayne and the word 'journayman' never be used in the same sentence,  they shouldn't be in the same paragraph.

You undercut everything else you've ever said with a silly word like that, and then make it worse by trying to defend it.....

Just say 'brain cramp'  and move on....    we've all had those....   

But don't defend the indefensible....

Holy Sour Skittles Qwizboy!  He breathes rainbows and something about lolipops!  Where is Willy Wonka when you need him.  LOL I think I opened the floodgates, :woah:

Hey, Andre put up 3 1500 yard, 4 100-catch seasons playing for us...come on now, gotta give him credit for that haha Yeah for sure 18, no doubt about that one CF. Make sure to save some space for 87 and 80, PM! :D

I give that "above average height WR" his cred.  Boy can ball!  Just got on the wrong jersey!  Heck the Texans are the only thing positive about football in TX.  Cowboys can't get out of their own way. . . .and I wont begin on the FO

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - baiting

I have 1 warning post already because of this troll.  I bet I will get another after this post.  Boy is able to troll this site without reperurcussions.  Question him and all the young Colt fans come to protect him and you are politically incorrect.  This is typical America now.  Wake Up people.  Get lost troll boy.  Reggie Wayne is a journeyman WR?  Ignorant at best...............journeymen by defenition means switching teams,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Reggie is all Colt thru and thru.....(1 team his whole career)  Get lost boy.

Come on now....

You're much better and smarter than that.....   there is no rational explanation for calling Reggie Wayne a journeyman WR.   And I say that even if you don't think he'll ever make it to the Hall of Fame.    He's so far above a journeyman.    Not only should the name Reggie Wayne and the word 'journayman' never be used in the same sentence,  they shouldn't be in the same paragraph.

You undercut everything else you've ever said with a silly word like that, and then make it worse by trying to defend it.....

Just say 'brain cramp'  and move on....    we've all had those....   

But don't defend the indefensible....

What's wrong with the word journeyman?

Holy Sour Skittles Qwizboy!  He breathes rainbows and something about lolipops!  Where is Willy Wonka when you need him.  LOL I think I opened the floodgates, :woah:

Oh yes, Willy Wonka, one of the best movies of all time...not the one with Michael Jackson, the first one haha I seriously just went to the store and had some candy because of these posts lol.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - quoted removed post

I have 1 warning post already because of this troll.  I bet I will get another after this post.  Boy is able to troll this site without reperurcussions.  Question him and all the young Colt fans come to protect him and you are politically incorrect.  This is typical America now.  Wake Up people.  Get lost troll boy.  Reggie Wayne is a journeyman WR?  Ignorant at best...............journeymen by defenition means switching teams,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Reggie is all Colt thru and thru.....(1 team his whole career)  Get lost boy.

So it's my fault that you can't get along with others? Lol okay. But when I use the term 'journeyman' I think of it as a player who has been through and seen everything. I don't think he necessarily has to switch teams and be all around the league. When you go on a journey you see things. Hence the term.

And it's not about being politically correct, it's called having common courtesy and not being a * because you're on the internet.

I give that "above average height WR" his cred.  Boy can ball!  Just got on the wrong jersey!  Heck the Texans are the only thing positive about football in TX.  Cowboys can't get out of their own way. . . .and I wont begin on the FO

Don't get me started on the Cowboys...I think their fans are still in the 90s as we speak...

They should have had neck beard v tattoos as the tie breaker. Ridiculous....

:funny:  :lol: Yes, it is BHC. But, who would the judges be & how do you critique the thickness & fullness of a beard vs the the vibrant color & clarity of a sophisticated design? Apply food coloring & glitter to the facial hair? Just Kidding! 

Who in 2006?

Some unknown dude with dreads affectionately called "the human missile" I think, but don't quote me on that 1 QuizBoy AKA Bob Sanders.  haha Like Lawrence Taylor in NY, Bob singlehandedly restored our defensive prowess & fear almost overnight upon his return to the football field. 

What's wrong with the word journeyman?

Journeyman in most contexts means someone who has been around a long time, but was never that good or elite, just good enough to hang around for an extended period of time.

None of which, in that context, describes Reggie lol.

:funny:  :lol: Yes, it is BHC. But, who would the judges be & how do you critique the thickness & fullness of a beard vs the the vibrant color & clarity of a sophisticated design? Apply food coloring & glitter to the facial hair? Just Kidding! 

Some unknown dude with dreads affectionately called "the human missile" I think, but don't quote me on that 1 QuizBoy AKA Bob Sanders.  haha Like Lawrence Taylor in NY, Bob singlehandedly restored our defensive prowess & fear almost overnight upon his return to the football field. 

Yeah, the Colts overcame 18 points against Tom Brady. Asking that question around here will get me flayed haha I can't believe that game didn't come to mind when I typed what I typed

Luck took a 2-14 team with one of the worst offensive lines and won 11 games. Kaepernick is a good player but he also has the best offensive line in the league, a great RB and 2 great offensive playmakers in Crabtree and Davis. He's also playing in the read option which helps him because there's usually only 2 reads. Luck is asked to do much more with alot less once teams figure out how to stop the read option, Kaepernick will struggle because he'll have to look for his 3rd or 4th option which he isn't good at doing. The 49ers offense made Alex Smith look great but before he was one of the worst QB's in the league. Kaepernick and  RG3 have the same problem once thier 1st and 2nd option isn't open, they take off running which will eventually get them injured. If Luck 1st or 2nd option isn't open he'll stay in the pocket because he has great pocket awareness and look for his 3rd or 4th option. Luck is a better QB then Kaepernick and i would put Russell Wilson 2nd because he's the only read option QB smart enough to go through his full progressions and reads in a traditional offense.