Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick vs Luck (NFL.com)

Andy

Better than any other QB that's earned the right to play with the worst team in the league from the previous year.  He's actually so far ahead he's in uncharted water.

What you did there....I see it. :)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Journeyman in most contexts means someone who has been around a long time, but was never that good or elite, just good enough to hang around for an extended period of time.

None of which, in that context, describes Reggie lol.

I would say that Wayne in his prime was among the best in the league. I didn't know what else to say in my OP though because I didn't want to over-do things and call him a HoF'r lol. So maybe journeyman was the wrong choice...how about guy that is very reliable? haha

Oh Qwizboy, say it ain't so. I know you don't follow the colts but c'mon. That was a very popular game

Yeah I kind of spaced out with that comment. I'm ashamed of myself.  A complete kersplat on my brain's part. :D

I would say that Wayne in his prime was among the best in the league. I didn't know what else to say in my OP though because I didn't want to over-do things and call him a HoF'r lol. So maybe journeyman was the wrong choice...how about guy that is very reliable? haha

I know you didn't mean it in a disparaging way, just trying to explain why some seem to take it in a very negative tone lol.

Lets have them run at each other as hard as they can.......hit each other head on....and see who gets up first.  Like playing chicken.....

chicken-etfs.jpeg

Hey Brent, speaking of chickens & getting ready to rumble, what's Foghorn Leghorn think of all this NFL gridiron business? LOL!

There's a problem with comparing QBs in general, especially with such limited data. We've only seen Luck in 1 season and Kaepernick in a hand full of games, which is not enough to go on. Also, you would have to consider the talent levels on their respective team, the defenses that they've faced, the offensive systems that they run, etc...

What we can say is that Alex Smith had a 104 passer rating before obtaining a concussion and then subsequently being benched. And that Kaepernick finished the season with a 98.8 passer rating. So Alex Smith was actually doing better in this system. It also would make me think that in no way do NFL fans consider Alex Smith to be anything other than a game manager, and a "play it safe" (Captain check down) type of QB, but statistically performed better than Kaepernick. I would then ask myself, how would Luck have done in that system, some of which he's very used to from his time at Stanford.

Luck played on a team that previously went 2-14, has been completely revamped, filled with rookies in supporting roles and led them to an 11-5 record. Arian's offense is a vertical attacking offense, and statistically, Luck threw passes of 20+ yards better than Roethlesberger had in the same offense, (I can't find the stats now, but I was shocked reading this because Roethlisberger is a 2-time superbowl winning QB and Luck outperformed him in this regard). So, how would Kaepernick have done in this type of offense?

The truth is that we will never really know how one QB would fair in the other's shoes. We can only go by what we've seen and up until this point, it may not be enough to form a solid conclusion. I would think; however, that if we were to start the league all over again and had a re-draft, Luck would be chosen before Kaepernick. Whether that would be the right choice or not, it would be the safer bet.

Not really fair to compare a rookie to a 2nd year player, but my money is still on Luck... Kap is big and fast, smart and cool under pressure, but so is Luck. Luck was more clutch last year, had much less to work with, but made more mistakes... 

I'd say that its nearly a wash, but Luck is going to emerge next season as the better player at QB, even if CK1 and the Niners post a better record... Who knows... I really wish that Kap was in the AFC because he would make the perfect rival for Andrew... Indy would have gotten him in the 2011 draft had he been available...

Right now I'm having a hard time imagining who Andrew's  :brady:  is going to be... Maybe Andy Dalton, but it looks like the lion's share of the young QB talent is in the NFC, with the AFC elites getting near the ends of their careers. Maybe Luck will be Dalton's Brady or maybe the analogy just doesn't fit at all... Either way, it will take a few years before anyone can definitively rank Kap, RGIII, Wilson, Newton, Tannihil, and Luck, but I like Luck and Kap chances to be at the top because they work for organizations that care about winning above all else...

Yeah I kind of spaced out with that comment. I'm ashamed of myself.  A complete kersplat on my brain's part. :D

First time for everything Quiz...happening with each post today?  Been there...its%20not%20fair.gifBut it happens.....:)  Just kidding Quiz!!

First time for everything Quiz...happening with each post today?  Been there...its%20not%20fair.gifBut it happens..... :)  Just kidding Quiz!!

Hahaha yeah it's not fair at all Brent...I make mistakes sometimes too, however sparingly. :)

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - quoting removed post

I have 1 warning post already because of this troll. I bet I will get another after this post. Boy is able to troll this site without reperurcussions. Question him and all the young Colt fans come to protect him and you are politically incorrect. This is typical America now. Wake Up people. Get lost troll boy. Reggie Wayne is a journeyman WR? Ignorant at best...............journeymen by defenition means switching teams,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Reggie is all Colt thru and thru.....(1 team his whole career) Get lost boy.

This post is riddled with hyperbole lol.

Oh Qwizboy, say it ain't so. I know you don't follow the colts but c'mon. That was a very popular game

QuizBoy was just being sarcastic Narcosys. I thought it was well timed intentional amnesia with a flawless comedic delivery. "Who in 2006?" Comedic genius with impeccable  timing.

At least, that's precisely how I pictured QuizBoy saying it in my mind anyway. Bravo! 

Hahaha yeah it's not fair at all Brent...I make mistakes sometimes too, however sparingly. :)

This is exactly why I cut people, especially my friends, considerable slack because we all have brain fart days when the neurons misfire & I would hope that when my bad days arrives on here & it inevitably will people will let it slide. Besides, any man that dislikes the Cowboys as much as me, is aces in my book. JMO naturally. 

There's a problem with comparing QBs in general, especially with such limited data. We've only seen Luck in 1 season and Kaepernick in a hand full of games, which is not enough to go on. Also, you would have to consider the talent levels on their respective team, the defenses that they've faced, the offensive systems that they run, etc...

What we can say is that Alex Smith had a 104 passer rating before obtaining a concussion and then subsequently being benched. And that Kaepernick finished the season with a 98.8 passer rating. So Alex Smith was actually doing better in this system. It also would make me think that in no way do NFL fans consider Alex Smith to be anything other than a game manager, and a "play it safe" (Captain check down) type of QB, but statistically performed better than Kaepernick. I would then ask myself, how would Luck have done in that system, some of which he's very used to from his time at Stanford.

Luck played on a team that previously went 2-14, has been completely revamped, filled with rookies in supporting roles and led them to an 11-5 record. Arian's offense is a vertical attacking offense, and statistically, Luck threw passes of 20+ yards better than Roethlesberger had in the same offense, (I can't find the stats now, but I was shocked reading this because Roethlisberger is a 2-time superbowl winning QB and Luck outperformed him in this regard). So, how would Kaepernick have done in this type of offense?

The truth is that we will never really know how one QB would fair in the other's shoes. We can only go by what we've seen and up until this point, it may not be enough to form a solid conclusion. I would think; however, that if we were to start the league all over again and had a re-draft, Luck would be chosen before Kaepernick. Whether that would be the right choice or not, it would be the safer bet.

A very well written post & I agree 100% with every word of prose typed here Flash777. Nice work! 

This is exactly why I cut people, especially my friends, considerable slack because we all have brain fart days when the neurons misfire & I would hope that when my bad days arrives on here & it inevitably will people will let it slide. Besides, any man that dislikes the Cowboys as much as me, is aces in my book. JMO naturally. 

haha that's one of the best things we have in common my friend.

Qwiz your getting blasted for your fraudian slip bud.  Its time to run and hide!!!!!!! 

Gene Wilder was the perfect Willy Wonka, and as much as I think Johnny Depp is a great actor, him and Tim Burton took it that movie to a dark creepy almost pedophile place. . . .The one oompa loompa still gives me nightmares!

my how this has steered off course. . . .

What's wrong with the word journeyman?

Nothing.   When you use it properly on a journeyman.    

But when you use it on someone who is at worst, a near Hall of Famer, and who some see as a lock for the Hall of Fame,  it's a misuse of the highest order.

Put another way,  if nothing changes for the guy, and he has 5 more years like the one he had last year,  then 5 years from now I'd be calling Donnie Avery a journeyman.   

And Donnie Avery pales in comparison to Reggie Wayne.

Qwiz your getting blasted for your fraudian slip bud.  Its time to run and hide!!!!!!! 

Gene Wilder was the perfect Willy Wonka, and as much as I think Johnny Depp is a great actor, him and Tim Burton took it that movie to a dark creepy almost pedophile place. . . .The one oompa loompa still gives me nightmares!

Who likes on-topic threads anyway. :clap:

Nothing.   When you use it properly on a journeyman.    

But when you use it on someone who is at worst, a near Hall of Famer, and who some see as a lock for the Hall of Fame,  it's a misuse of the highest order.

Put another way,  if nothing changes for the guy, and he has 5 more years like the one he had last year,  then 5 years from now I'd be calling Donnie Avery a journeyman.   

And Donnie Avery pales in comparison to Reggie Wayne.

Alright. Reliable pass-catcher. Sounds good to me.

uh-ohhhhhh. . . . here we go again. . . . kinda like Arian Foster is just a decent running back :thmup: lol  we gonna go round and round!

Lol yep it never ends my friend. The Circle of Life. Or maybe the Circle of Football would be more fitting haha. :monkeydance:

Alright. Reliable pass-catcher. Sounds good to me.

Of course, I didn't call Wayne any such thing.    You just did.    After I had to spoon-feed to you what 'journeyman' means.  As if you didn't already know?

I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt, Maria....

Not any more.    You and I are done.    If anyone else wants to deal with you,  I think you'll find it much, much less pleasant.

Good luck to you.....

Of course, I didn't call Wayne any such thing.    You just did.    After I had to spoon-feed to you what 'journeyman' means.  As if you didn't already know?

I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt, Maria....

Not any more.    You and I are done.    If anyone else wants to deal with you,  I think you'll find it much, much less pleasant.

Good luck to you.....

What do you mean? You didn't have to spoon-feed me anything, I know perfectly well what a journeyman is. You don't like that term so I called him a reliable pass-catcher instead. Sheesh, I guess I just can't win. :dunno:

What do you mean? You didn't have to spoon-feed me anything, I know perfectly well what a journeyman is. You don't like that term so I called him a reliable pass-catcher instead. Sheesh, I guess I just can't win. :dunno:

Don't play innocent.   You're laughing your *** off knowing full well how annoying you're being -- deliberately so.

Of course you knew what journeyman means.   And yet you used it wrongly with Reggie Wayne and then had to ask what was wrong with using it?    As if you didn't know.    

On this website,  I've defended you,  I've defended Matt Schaub,  I've defended Arian Foster,  I've even defended JJ Watt......

Now?    You're on your own......   

You didn't know when to quit.    And you went several bridges too far.....

Good luck....

Don't play innocent.   You're laughing your *** off knowing full well how annoying you're being -- deliberately so.

Of course you knew what journeyman means.   And yet you used it wrongly with Reggie Wayne and then had to ask what was wrong with using it?    As if you didn't know.    

On this website,  I've defended you,  I've defended Matt Schaub,  I've defended Arian Foster,  I've even defended JJ Watt......

Now?    You're on your own......   

You didn't know when to quit.    And you went several bridges too far.....

Good luck....

You're overthinking this way too much. As I've said numerous times throughout this thread I didn't mean the term journeyman as an insult. I've even used my own perception of the word to explain the reasoning behind my using of it. But sure, think that I have some sort of ulterior motive here. I'm not Loki man.

You're overthinking this way too much. As I've said numerous times throughout this thread I didn't mean the term journeyman as an insult. I've even used my own perception of the word to explain the reasoning behind my using of it. But sure, think that I have some sort of ulterior motive here. I'm not Loki man.

Right.    Sure.

Which is why after several exchanges on the issue of "journeyman"  you tried to douse the fire by up-grading to the term....

Reliable pass catcher.

Were you trying to douse the fire with gasoline?

Reliable pass catcher might play well on the Houston Texans fans board,   but how do you think it'll play with Colts fans on this website,  most of whom think the guy is headed for the Hall of Fame?

Reliable pass catcher is not much better than journeyman.

The person who is being too clever by half is staring at your right in the mirror!    Hello?!?

Right.    Sure.

Which is why after several exchanges on the issue of "journeyman"  you tried to douse the fire by up-grading to the term....

Reliable pass catcher.

Were you trying to douse the fire with gasoline?

Reliable pass catcher might play well on the Houston Texans fans board,   but how do you think it'll play with Colts fans on this website,  most of whom think the guy is headed for the Hall of Fame?

Reliable pass catcher is not much better than journeyman.

The person who is being too clever by half is staring at your right in the mirror!    Hello?!?

Well it seems that trying to douse the unnecessary and quite dramatic fire only caused an explosion. Must have used gasoline instead of water. Not sure how it's possible. But not everyone here thinks that Wayne is a HoF'r at this point. I'm one of the ones who doesn't. Why should I call him one in passing and in a not so important post at that? Heck, this thread is not even about Wayne! Feel free to dig up the one or two where this issue is discussed and see the arguments people use and why some believe that he isn't a HoF'r yet.

It happened in the third quarter. Anything could have happened between then and the end of the game, and considering that the Lions weren't up to the task of beating us in OT, I think it's safe to say we deserved that win.

Did you mention that we played 5 quarters of football with over 900 yards of offense just 4 days prior, and that we were on the road? And our LB corps was torn to shreds? And that Suh kicked Schaub in the nads??? That TD was god giving us a break.

Did you mention that we played 5 quarters of football with over 900 yards of offense just 4 days prior, and that we were on the road? And our LB corps was torn to shreds? And that Suh kicked Schaub in the nads??? That TD was god giving us a break.

lmao I was honestly thinking the same thing or maybe even karma after the ball-kick and the other cheap shots Suh was taking. We earned that TD! haha

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory...You just transported me back in time to Mrs. Frye's literature class coltsfanmilyman. Next week, J. D. Salinger's “The Catcher in the Rye.”

Final analysis: The world is full of milk chocolate & phonies? P.S. Watch your back John Lennon. Mentally unstable people tend to use this book as a motivating tool for committing unspeakable acts of violence against American Presidents & famous Beatles entertainers sadly.  Thanks for the stroll down memory lane my friend. 

Went on NFL.com and saw that Luck vs Kaepernick was the headline, with Bucky Brooks breaking it down.

He had:

Kaepernick being more athletic

Even on arm talent

Luck on pocket presence

Kaepernick on game management

Even on clutch factor

He concluded that he would rather have Kaepernick. 

What do you guys think of this? I laughed at a couple of his conclusions, but that's just me. 

Ok...  Kap has a far better arm...

On pocket presence?   Really?  this is a question?  

Game management?   Luck 7 come form behinds,....      Kap?  

And CLUTCH?   the fact this is even a serious question on NFL.com says a lot.....  

WOW....   

I'm so glad Andrew Luck is the QB of my team.

How is Luck more clutch than Kap?  Did anyone watch the playoffs?  Kap came back from 17 on the road vs the #1 seed Falcons.  Luck led us to 9 points (only 3 in the 2nd half) vs the Ravens.  How did Kap do vs the Ravens?  

Coming from behind vs scrub teams and doing it in the playoffs are 2 different things.

Don't play innocent. You're laughing your *** off knowing full well how annoying you're being -- deliberately so.

Of course you knew what journeyman means. And yet you used it wrongly with Reggie Wayne and then had to ask what was wrong with using it? As if you didn't know.

On this website, I've defended you, I've defended Matt Schaub, I've defended Arian Foster, I've even defended JJ Watt......

Now? You're on your own......

You didn't know when to quit. And you went several bridges too far.....

Good luck....

We are burning bridges already & it's not even August & the Preseason yet. I prefer to napalm the rivers actually. I still need to drive to work man. Just Kidding NCF!

In all seriousness, I respect fans that can give props to other NFL squads especially if they are a division rival & a dangerous AFC South Champion at that to boot.

Wow...  I just don't know where to start...

Sigh...  re read your statement and then go BACK through the Colts game log.....    

and report back like a good soldier.. .        

or go AWOL...   as I expect.. .

How is Luck more clutch than Kap?  Did anyone watch the playoffs?  Kap came back from 17 on the road vs the #1 seed Falcons.  Luck led us to 9 points (only 3 in the 2nd half) vs the Ravens.  How did Kap do vs the Ravens?  

Coming from behind vs scrub teams and doing it in the playoffs are 2 different things.

Wow...  I just don't know where to start...

Sigh...  re read your statement and then go BACK through the Colts game log.....    

and report back like a good soldier.. .        

or go AWOL...   as I expect.. .

define clutch then.  when does clutch count?  Kap did it in the playoffs..Luck did not.  is there any other way to put it?

greenbay wasn't a scrub and luck led us from 18 back to beat them. The lions were a playoff team last year and their dline harassed us all game yet luck led us from 12 down in the forth quarter to get the win. The Vikings actually finished with a good record and made the playoffs yet luck led a game winning drive against them. How are those three teams scrubs? Also the ravens would have blew the 49ers out if it wasn't for poweroutage.

How is Luck more clutch than Kap? Did anyone watch the playoffs? Kap came back from 17 on the road vs the #1 seed Falcons. Luck led us to 9 points (only 3 in the 2nd half) vs the Ravens. How did Kap do vs the Ravens?

Coming from behind is still coming from behind whether the teams we faced were deemed "scrubs" or not. Everyone on both lines is paid to neutralize the guy across from them regardless of what month it is & CK had fantastic protection all season long. Don't forget that please. The Falcons just barely beat the Seahawks in the Playoffs. Not exactly a ringing endorsement there from my vantage point. The Falcons don't scare me in the slightest. Winning is all about believing that you have a seat at the Playoffs table: Confidence. Atlanta is still lacking in the mental toughness Dept.

Let's level the protection playing field & have a lethal ground game & then Luck & company will do some serious INDY damage that will resonate & ricochet across this league like a naval cannon fired across the bough of an aircraft carrier IMO colts_mp.