Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick vs Luck (NFL.com)

Andy

the ravens got hot at the right time and ty Hilton, vick ballard, and donnie avery dropped key passes that would have extended drives and gotten a td

Come on now.....    The Colts didn't lose because we dropped passes that could've extended drives...

We lost because the Ravens were the better team --- period.

I never once thought the Colts were the better team in that game.    I always thought Baltimore was the better team.

We got to the playoffs in the first year of Grigson/Pagano.    As a fan, I'm very satisfied.

We've spent heavily this off-season and had what we hope will be a productive draft.   I look forward to seeing a better team on the field this year.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That woman's as cold as a nudist on an iceberg."  :lol: I gotta remember that one. A great line for a disastrous 1st date encounter or a person that never gives you a moment of piece & quiet IMO. 

It reminds me of the Titanic disaster too.

titanic_iceberg.jpg

Hey Brent, speaking of chickens & getting ready to rumble, what's Foghorn Leghorn think of all this NFL gridiron business? LOL!

Hey one can never go wrong with a Warner Bros reference . . . I do love me some Foghorn Leghorn . . .

I like both QBs . . . but would take Luck over Kap . . . although it is nice to see that a running QB succeed in the sport . . . we will have to wait and see how Kap does in his first full season as a starter . . .

Although I do like Luck, some of your comments remind me of the old Brady v. Manning debates . . . my guys on a bad team, we can't win without him and the other guy has all the players under the Sun . . . lol . . .

surely we'll get a better picture over the next year and beyond . . . Kap or Luck may come down to earth . . .but as it stand now I think Luck is a keeper . . .

It must be an exciting and great feeling to have a young QB with so much promise . . . that is the cool thing . . . and be able to kick around fun debates like this one . . .

Thanks Yehoodi! I appreciate people like yourself who are objective & honest, especially outside of NE & your favorite NFL squad.  :thmup:

Hey one can never go wrong with a Warner Bros reference . . . I do love me some Foghorn Leghorn . . .

My dad loves him too. Plus, he does a spot on impersonation of "I say boy...I say boy." Come to think of it he could probably do an excellent "Yosemite Sam" varmit voice too since the same person does both voices for Warner Brothers. 

That broke my heart....NOT....but it WAS the first day in my life I was proven to have one.....thank%20god.gif

A true shame of epic proportions...the Beli-blunder poor fella...could not have happened to a nicer guy.big%20smile.gif

In the words of his good friend Bob Knight...."Don't I look happy?"  :funny:

d60fcd78681ef3b2ed9d6f362b4d95fd.jpg

I really respected Bill for trusting Tom Brady & the offense enough to get a 1st down & win the game. To be honest with ya I though the Kevin Faulk catch could have gone either way. I also respect that Tom didn't throw Bill under the bus too. "I love my coach & I failed to get the 1st down not Bill. I appreciate that Bill had the confidence in the offense to get the job done." [Paraphrasing here actually] I respect the Patriots who take calculated risks. That's why they are my 3rd favorite team in the NFL to watch...#1: Colts, #2: Broncos, #3 Patriots, #4 Giants & #5 Texans...

Come on now.....    The Colts didn't lose because we dropped passes that could've extended drives...

We lost because the Ravens were the better team --- period.

I never once thought the Colts were the better team in that game.    I always thought Baltimore was the better team.

We got to the playoffs in the first year of Grigson/Pagano.    As a fan, I'm very satisfied.

We've spent heavily this off-season and had what we hope will be a productive draft.   I look forward to seeing a better team on the field this year.

I thought the game was much closer than the final score. Few big plays by rice and Boldin was really the difference in the game.

I still think barring another injury or 6, it will still be Luck vs. RG3 due to draft selection.  

Kaep seems to me like he may end up a one hit wonder/or at least more likely to become one than Luck ...they talk about a sophomore jinx?  He in my opinion is more likely to have one than Luck.  Why?  Defenses have spent the entire off season targeting the Zone Read/Pistol Offense as Public Enemy Number 1......

widget_cBsZJw7SXm-BWGjXCYg2n8.jpg

You're comparison between Luck vs RG3 seems logical Brent, but I view the primary rival as a battle between Andrew Luck vs Russell Wilson. Seattle's defense is tough as nails & Russell Wilson is so elusive, smart with the ball, & he never throws in the towel ever. I saw all Wilson's home games at Camp Randall Stadium at UW-Madison. Believe me Brent, that kid is gonna be a superstar & an annual Playoffs contender IMO. 

You're comparison between Luck vs RG3 seems logical Brent, but I view the primary rival as a battle between Andrew Luck vs Russell Wilson. Seattle's defense is tough as nails & Russell Wilson is so elusive, smart with the ball, & he never throws in the towel ever. I saw all Wilson's home games at Camp Randall Stadium at UW-Madison. Believe me Brent, that kid is gonna be a superstar & an annual Playoffs contender IMO. 

Right now I see Wilson as a modern day Doug Flutie. Undersized and scrappy. Until I see more of him, I'm going to hold off saying he will lead them for many years.

The thing with these rivalries is that they will not be facing each other very much of course due to the conferences, even if they all dominate and win their divisions for years to come. Griffin and Wilson have that chance of duking it out with each other a lot though. So in order for #12 to have a "rivalry" with either, it will probably just be comparisons throughout their entire careers. And in that case, Griff and 12 are obviously going to be locked together, and until they retire the question is going to always be asked if the team that picked number one made the right decision. They will be looked at and measured in SBs and overall career success. Just what my take on the subject is anyway.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - discussing other member and moderation
Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - discussing other member and moderation

I have 1 warning post already because of this troll.  I bet I will get another after this post.  Boy is able to troll this site without reperurcussions.  Question him and all the young Colt fans come to protect him and you are politically incorrect.  This is typical America now.  Wake Up people.  Get lost troll boy.  Reggie Wayne is a journeyman WR?  Ignorant at best...............journeymen by defenition means switching teams,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Reggie is all Colt thru and thru.....(1 team his whole career)  Get lost boy.

Yep..I've been suspended more than once over this troll...She starts stuff and then reports you to the moderator as soon as you respond...

I totally agree...      and a "few" caught passed by Indy WR's and ?????

who knows? 

Indy played them very tough.... 

I thought the game was much closer than the final score. Few big plays by rice and Boldin was really the difference in the game.

Wow, the Titans, Lions, Dolphins lol. I still find the NFC Championship playoff comeback pretty impressive, though 12 did admittedly have more regular season comebacks and GWDs. Made history for rookies with those as well, not bad.

Did Kap have 37 new players on his roster? Was 5 of 7 of Kaps receivers rookies? Did Kap have a less that average running game? Did Kap have a less than average defense? Was Kaps head coach on the sidelines? Was Kaps team 2-14 the season before? You failed to mention the wins over the Packers and the Vikings. By being selective in your comparison just make it seem like your overlooking the facts. 

Did Kap have 37 new players on his roster? Was 5 of 7 of Kaps receivers rookies? Did Kap have a less that average running game? Did Kap have a less than average defense? Was Kaps head coach on the sidelines? Was Kaps team 2-14 the season before? You failed to mention the wins over the Packers and the Vikings. By being selective in your comparison just make it seem like your overlooking the facts. 

Wow. The post you are quoting me on is so old I think you were just itching for an argument today lol. Again, and I repeat, don't downplay the other guy just because he is on a good team. Kaepernick is a solid QB and I think he would be starting and doing well in several other places in the league besides San Francisco. And I should mention wins over the Packers and Vikings why.....? When you lost to the Jets and Jaguars this season as well....whatever. 12 is with the Colts, Kaep is with the 49ers. We'll see how each does and how many rings each gets over their careers.

The thing with these rivalries is that they will not be facing each other very much of course due to the conferences, even if they all dominate and win their divisions for years to come. Griffin and Wilson have that chance of duking it out with each other a lot though. So in order for #12 to have a "rivalry" with either, it will probably just be comparisons throughout their entire careers. And in that case, Griff and 12 are obviously going to be locked together, and until they retire the question is going to always be asked if the team that picked number one made the right decision. They will be looked at and measured in SBs and overall career success. Just what my take on the subject is anyway.

You make a valid point about RG3 & Luck's draft class QuizBoy that I don't dispute at all, but Manning & Brady weren't selected in the same draft class either & look how many times they went toe to toe against either other. My point is Playoff proximity/SB appearances going mono e mono builds NFL legacies not conference division Championship battles alone. You also made this salient point as well my friend. Well said! 

Wow. The post you are quoting me on is so old I think you were just itching for an argument today lol. Again, and I repeat, don't downplay the other guy just because he is on a good team. Kaepernick is a solid QB and I think he would be starting and doing well in several other places in the league besides San Francisco. And I should mention wins over the Packers and Vikings why.....? When you lost to the Jets and Jaguars this season as well....whatever. 12 is with the Colts, Kaep is with the 49ers. We'll see how each does and how many rings each gets over their careers.

Not itching for an argument at all. No one was down playing anyone. Just stating the facts about why both these QBs should not be compared to each other because of the difference surrounding the Colts and the 49ers. Every time someone made a debating point with you it was like you overlooked any point of view but yours. 

Not itching for an argument at all. No one was down playing anyone. Just stating the facts about why both these QBs should not be compared to each other because of the difference surrounding the Colts and the 49ers. Every time someone made a debating point with you it was like you overlooked any point of view but yours. 

No, I didn't. I am not the person that started this thread, but if we are only going to compare and measure QBs based on their teams, then I guess we should just do away with stats all together. See what I'm saying? In any case, it is incredibly difficult to make the SB let alone come a single play from winning it, no matter how talented your team is. As a Colt fan you should know all about that.

You make a valid point about RG3 & Luck's draft class QuizBoy that I don't dispute at all, but Manning & Brady weren't selected in the same draft class either & look how many times they went toe to toe against either other. My point is Playoff proximity/SB appearances going mono e mono builds NFL legacies not conference division Championship battles alone. You also made this salient point as well my friend. Well said! 

I see what you are saying brother but Manning and Brady were fortunate enough to be selected in the same conference. Plus they were always winning their divisions so they were always seeing each other every year. So unless Wilson or Griffin get traded (highly unlikely lol) then they will only see 12 every few years or perhaps even one day in the postseason. But who knows, maybe Jim Harbaugh will push for a trade for your QB and send his to Indiana, since you know he coached 12 in college and his "trust" in the starting QB has already been proven faulty. Then we'll see 12, Wilson, and Griffin duke it out all the time. ;) haha