Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick vs Luck (NFL.com)

Andy

Went on NFL.com and saw that Luck vs Kaepernick was the headline, with Bucky Brooks breaking it down.

He had:

Kaepernick being more athletic

Even on arm talent

Luck on pocket presence

Kaepernick on game management

Even on clutch factor

He concluded that he would rather have Kaepernick. 

What do you guys think of this? I laughed at a couple of his conclusions, but that's just me. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm im actually a fan of bucky. oh well. how exactly is kap clutch? how many comeback victories does he have?

I think his record-setting performance coming back from down 17 (something never done before in a Championship game) against the Falcons is still fresh in a lot of people's minds. He was also known for making big comebacks at Nevada, he had four if I'm not mistaken.

Andrew Luck and Kapernick should not even be mentioned in the same sentence.  Luck is a pure drop back QB where Kapernick thrives in that pistol college offense.  Kapernick may be more atheletic as far as speed but Luck is much bigger and stronger.  As far as clutch I have never seen a rookie QB more clutch then Luck and I believe he set a record for come backs.

Give me Andrew over Kapernick any Sunday.  Fight in a bar?  I'll take Andrew.

Edited by 21isSuperman

It is because we thrist so much for all things NFL that we get these meaningless comparisons in the offseason and then laugh at the results.  Here is the God's honest truth - 49er fans love Kaepernick and have reason to do so.  Colts fans love Luck and have every reason to do.  And you know what - neither is wrong.

Are Brooks conclusion's really that outrageous - no reasonable thinking NFL fan would really disagree.

Did he tune out of Luck's game winning drives or what?  

I'd maybe give Kap a slight edge on being more athletic.  

Luck has more arm talent and pocket presence, better game management, and is more clutch.  

Stupid comparison.  Kap's team of all stars made him look good and Alex Smith was a winner with that team.

Kapernick may be more atheletic as far as speed but Luck is much bigger and stronger.  As far as clutch I have never seen a rookie QB more clutch then Luck and I believe he set a record for come backs.

Give me Andrew over Kapernick any Sunday.  Fight in a bar?  I'll take Andrew.

Not sure why you think LUck is bigger and stronger?

Kaepernick is 6'4 1/2 and 230.      Luck is 6'4" and 235.

I think it's safe to call the size issue a 'push'....

I think his record-setting performance coming back from down 17 (something never done before in a Championship game) against the Falcons is still fresh in a lot of people's minds. He was also known for making big comebacks at Nevada, he had four if I'm not mistaken.

There's been a comeback larger than 17 in a championship game. See: 2006

It's Luck, but do really like Kaepernick, I think 5 years down the road it will be 1-2, Luck followed by Kap...I'd take Kap over anyone not named Luck or Aaron Rodgers right now though...

Ehh I'd want to see what the dude does when he isn't surrounded by an all star cast.  

Wilson and Kap both have this.  

It is because we thrist so much for all things NFL that we get these meaningless comparisons in the offseason and then laugh at the results.  Here is the God's honest truth - 49er fans love Kaepernick and have reason to do so.  Colts fans love Luck and have every reason to do.  And you know what - neither is wrong.

Are Brooks conclusion's really that outrageous - no reasonable thinking NFL fan would really disagree.

OK.....   you asked the question.....   are Bucky's conclusions really that outrageous....    a fair question...

Here are his views,  with my responses....

Kaepernick being more athletic.     Yes,  but not a lot more.   Faster, yes.   But not that much more athletic overall.

Even on arm talent.     Actually,  this is a bad one.   Kaepernick has a much bigger arm.   Luck's arm is very good, but not Kaepernick good.   Sorry, it's not.

Luck on pocket presence.    Yes,  very much a Luck win.

Kaepernick on game management.    I don't know why Kaepernick should rate an edge here?   I'd say easily a push, and if forced to pick one, I'd give the edge to Luck.

Even on clutch factor.    This is one is poor.   Luck with a big advantage here.   Too many examples to list. 

I think Brooks is a nice guy,  (never met him)  but he comes across that way,  but I think as a talent evaluator,  I think he's one of the poorest the NFLN has.    For me, he's far behind Mayock, Davis and Jeremiah.    I don't think he's a logical thinker.

wow one. luck had 7. this isnt college

Kaepernick is the TRUTH, he has a cannon for an arm, he is fearless, i think on turf he is just as fast and dangerous as RG111, and he is big and sturdily built and will hold up...The knocks I have on him are his touch passing needs to improve a lot, and the simple offense he runs...Still take LUCK, but Kap is as dynamic a player as I've ever seen at the QB position and can hurt you real fast...

Colts-Patriots. 18 point deficit.

Ah, I see. I read the 17-point thing from a website somewhere. I stand corrected. Maybe the site I was looking at was talking about a team never winning after being down 17-0 or something. If so then I think that they are right.

wow one. luck had 7. this isnt college

Wow, the Titans, Lions, Dolphins lol. I still find the NFC Championship playoff comeback pretty impressive, though 12 did admittedly have more regular season comebacks and GWDs. Made history for rookies with those as well, not bad.

Went on NFL.com and saw that Luck vs Kaepernick was the headline, with Bucky Brooks breaking it down.

He had:

Kaepernick being more athletic

Even on arm talent

Luck on pocket presence

Kaepernick on game management

Even on clutch factor

He concluded that he would rather have Kaepernick. 

What do you guys think of this? I laughed at a couple of his conclusions, but that's just me. 

Another off-season article killing time till football starts back up again. 

Wow, the Titans, Lions, Dolphins lol. I still find the NFC Championship playoff comeback pretty impressive, though 12 did admittedly have more regular season comebacks and GWDs. Made history for rookies with those as well, not bad.

you guys should have lost to the lions so you got nothing to say there. you got in a shoot out with the jags with chad henne at the helm against whats should be a great defense. kap has a top o-line and defense with mutiple weapons in davis gore and crabtree. luck got things done with less.

you guys should have lost to the lions so you got nothing to say there. you got in a shoot out with the jags with chad henne at the helm against whats should be a great defense. kap has a top o-line and defense with mutiple weapons in davis gore and crabtree. luck got things done with less.

What happened the final week of the season in a must win type game for the vaunted Texans????

Well considering that I was joking and merely having fun with your wow, it's one game comment....and a game that Kaep needed to win to get to the SB, coming down from 17-0...but if you're in the mood to play today...

How should we have lost to the Lions? The score was 34-31 if I'm not mistaken, nothing there indicates we should have lost unless you want to say the same about all those close games against inferior teams that the Colts lost. And we swept the Jaguars...while you guys lost with Blaine starting. Kaep made due with what he had as well, are you blaming the guy for having a good team? 12 had a good back in Ballard and a journey WR in Wayne and a fast, ST beast in Hilton so not sure where you're going here.

At this point if I was a college coach I'd take Kaepernick, if a pro coach I'd take Luck.  As a collegiate qb you're on scholarship to win (win and heck with legs/arm) and as a pro you're being paid for your arm (not legs).  lol of course brains counts on both but ....  If a few years from now the pro game may change/evolve to something new.  Then of course the position qualifications may/will change then too I'd change my stance.

How did your "great" QB do in the playoffs?

Lost to the eventual champs in his first playoff game without his Offensive Coordinator, where Flacco played incredible and our receivers including Wayne dropped numerous balls...What happened to the Texans??? I don't even count beating the Bengals as a playoff win, we would have destroyed the Bengals..

lol!! The Indianapolis Colts vs New England Pattycakes... and I might be wrong but the correct calendar year may be 2007.. or the 2006-2007 season

Yeah I addressed this earlier I think the correct thing I should have said is that a team has never come back from 17-0 to win a Championship game. I might be wrong on that too but I'm too lazy to look it up lol.

Well considering that I was joking and merely having fun with your wow, it's one game comment....and a game that Kaep needed to win to get to the SB, coming down from 17-0...but if you're in the mood to play today...

How should we have lost to the Lions? The score was 34-31 if I'm not mistaken, nothing there indicates we should have lost unless you want to say the same about all those close games against inferior teams that the Colts lost. And we swept the Jaguars...while you guys lost with Blaine starting. Kaep made due with what he had as well, are you blaming the guy for having a good team? 12 had a good back in Ballard and a journey WR in Wayne and a fast, ST beast in Hilton so not sure where you're going here.

im very stressed so i have to take out on you qwizboy haha. the td by forsett that should have never counted.

May be the truest statement ever....nice post jskinnz......we loves who we loves.(I know how much you love poor grammar   :lol: )

Actually Peyton and the 2006 colts set the record with their 21 point comeback against NE. I still watch highlights from that game every year haha

Lost to the eventual champs in his first playoff game without his Offensive Coordinator, where Flacco played incredible and our receivers including Wayne dropped numerous balls...What happened to the Texans??? I don't even count beating the Bengals as a playoff win, we would have destroyed the Bengals..

Of course you would have...I'm sure you would have destroyed the Broncos too, right? Whatever floats your boat man.