Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We should do a Colts Forum fantasy league this upcoming season

Sorry Fx I guess I was wrong because I saw that Andy did have a Fantasy Football and he also had the other thing I was talking about I think. I know someone had that where we just picked the winners each week and the person that had the most wins at the end of the season won it.  That was what I was in. He must run both. That's a lot of work for Andy. I may be totally confused as to what I'm thinking about. Wouldn't be the first time. haha

There is FANTASY FOOTBALL... where you have a league of team owners and you draft from the current year's player pool.

And then there is PIGSKIN PICK 'EM... where you predict the winner of each game every week.

Also, there is an ELIMINATION CHALLENGE... where you can only pick each team once and if you pick wrong then you are OUT for the rest of the season. Last man standing is the WINNER!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to see so much enthusiasm for fantasy football and other fun football related games,

Andy does have the scoop on fantasy football here on the forum. Last I heard he was wanting to get three leagues going and somehow get them all under one umbrella... a SUPER LEAGUE would put it best.

I can't believe we are a mere two months away from the beginning of the fantasy football season! The prepping, the mock drafting, the strategy, the crap talking and the trolling die hard homer fans!!! 

Fx Stryker Andy's isn't a fantasy football so to speak. You would have to ask him. It's like we just pick the winners each week and he keeps track of who is ahead at the end of the season. There is a Fantasy Football Section here on the forum maybe you can find an answers in that section.

Sorry Fx I guess I was wrong because I saw that Andy did have a Fantasy Football and he also had the other thing I was talking about I think. I know someone had that where we just picked the winners each week and the person that had the most wins at the end of the season won it.  That was what I was in. He must run both. That's a lot of work for Andy. I may be totally confused as to what I'm thinking about. Wouldn't be the first time. haha

haha No problem Susie! I am definitely joining in with youse this season on the weekly pickers too.

I think any positive list that starts with Minka Kelly is a good list, indeed!     :thmup:

I'm talking a Super Blue Chip talent!   A top pick in any draft!     A real franchise player!     :thmup:

Nice to know that at my age my heart can still get to racing!    (If you know what I mean!)       :thmup:

meet her in afghanistan, nice chick

There is a thread in the fantasy football section where Andy I think is running 2 leagues.  

Obviously I don't think everyone who wanted to have a team got in.  We might want to see about setting up a 3rd league for those who want to play who arn't in.  

We would probably need someone to be the commish though and set it up.  I've never done it before so I would prefer someone else do it if we have any volunteers.

Yeah, there are 3 Colts forum leagues already merged into 2 from last year (based on the serious ones):

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/15143-colts-fantasy-football-leagues-next-season/

I like the experienced players in the league I was part of in year 1, great job by Andy in being commish.

Yeah, I am with John Dee, don't want any part of someone's rookie learning curve if I want my league to be competitive, I prefer the experienced ones who know what they are doing, makes playing/wins more cherished and worthwhile. :)

Ok I'm working on organizing this a bit.

There are 17 players who where not selected for Andy's fantasy leagues that indicated interest on this forum.  There was at least one person that expressed interest on here but didn't get into Andy's fantasy league.  I did not include him in the list for this reason.

Please bear with me I just jotted these names down so I might misspell them or have made some of the longer one's short hand.

Those people are:

1. AllyouneedisLuck

2. Josh

3. TyFirstballot

4. Drew Bacca

5. Valpo (Me)

6. CJMcgirt

7. Irish Colt

8. Mameluc

9. Colt-in J-ville

10. Cal Colt

11. Blu Fire

12. bball stud

13. Nick

14. CroatianColtsfan

15. Luckisskilled

16. itsmemob

By my count that is 16 players, certainly more then enough for a league. 

Please let me know if I missed you or if you are interested and not on the list.  Please let me also know if you changed your mind.

There is no need that one be a beginner to be in this league, at least not at this point.  However there will be beginners, possibly several in this league, so if you are like Chad72 and don't want to play with beginners (and that is perfectly fine) please say so and don't join this league.  

CroatianColtsfan has already done this before so I would propose if he's ok with it that he be the commish.  Any objections to that?

If there are no objections to that I will probably hand it off to him if he'll take it and get this thing set up.  I'm willing to help him out though if he needs it.  But someone else should be the point man on this, I have a baby on the way in July and I've never played before, so I really shouldn't be the point man on this.  

Yeah, there are 3 Colts forum leagues already merged into 2 from last year (based on the serious ones):

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/15143-colts-fantasy-football-leagues-next-season/

I like the experienced players in the league I was part of in year 1, great job by Andy in being commish.

Yeah, I am with John Dee, don't want any part of someone's rookie learning curve if I want my league to be competitive, I prefer the experienced ones who know what they are doing, makes playing/wins more cherished and worthwhile. :)

Glad you don't run the NFL Chad. No draft, no rookies etc.......your league will perish if you don't add new blood......someday. Go on, play with the kids a while, it can be fun. 

On topic, I run a pick'em league every year with my friends and colleagues. I prefer it to fantasy. Including forcasting all the division winners, top awards, and top stat leaders, Conference winners and SB champs! I had Ravens to beat the 49ers, with Flacco as MVP last season. Won by 7 points (18 players). The year before I was one point from bottom! 

Andy can do what he wants... but we had a REALLY good league last year ... a "forum" league. But a couple had "pressing issues" and simply could not make the time to adjust the roster.... .

and their teams sucked.... imagine that ...

Point is we had ONE team draft ALL rookies... that team should have been deleted ASAP if we want a "competitive" league

And I personally think THIS FREE league could be VERY competitive.... it would be a feather on one's cap IMO,

Lol I remember doing the draft watching him draft all the rookies just facepalming all the picks. I was like, "He does know this is a fantasy draft not the NFL draft right?"

Glad you don't run the NFL Chad. No draft, no rookies etc.......your league will perish if you don't add new blood......someday. Go on, play with the kids a while, it can be fun. 

On topic, I run a pick'em league every year with my friends and colleagues. I prefer it to fantasy. Including forcasting all the division winners, top awards, and top stat leaders, Conference winners and SB champs! I had Ravens to beat the 49ers, with Flacco as MVP last season. Won by 7 points (18 players). The year before I was one point from bottom! 

Who said anything about "no draft"? Where did you get that from (just like me running the NFL, you sure have a flair for the dramatic in extrapolation and posting :))? I am a big proponent of no keepers and fresh draft every year. New blood to the league is welcome as long as they have a good handle of what they are doing. New blood is not same as newbie blood, IMO.

My experience in my leagues so far with new blood is my neighbor giving me an earful in his league via e-mail because I pulled a trade with a 12 year old neighborhood kid that my neighbor thought was unfair. However, he had not put in rules to vote on trades whatsoever.  My other experience is a back and forth e-mail fight witnessed by the entire league for an experienced guy questioning a newbie who had not adjusted their line up in weeks. Both of those, I would like to avoid in the future, no thank you  :).

There is a lot of merit in my gumption for not wanting to play with extreme newbies. Someone who has played it 2 or 3 years, yeah, I can live with those. I prefer to stick to my guns here.

You are misunderstanding the message of this post...   Not aimed at anyone...    This is a Colts.com league so we want it competitive as can be...     nobody just dropping out.

FF is HUGE in the US, and it is FUN...     BUT losing sucks, and unfortunately some have to... FF can be FREE or for CASH,  many leagues are FREE.......    When folk play for $$   they tend to pay attention longer...  hehfe..

And when a lot of people WHO DO NOT KNOW EACH OTHER  commit to a  free league...  (a full season, regardless of status)

Well the noob's just quit, and leave DEAD teams..   and it creates a very skewed playing ground.    Believe me BH Chad is not ragging on anyone...    Just saying,  stick with what you know.    Let the new kids prove they WILL stick with a free  league for an entire season.

I am totally with C72

I agreee...  

I like VERY COMPETITIVE leagues..         So much more fun.. .. 

Who said anything about "no draft"? Where did you get that from (just like me running the NFL, you sure have a flair for the dramatic in extrapolation and posting :))? I am a big proponent of no keepers and fresh draft every year. New blood to the league is welcome as long as they have a good handle of what they are doing. New blood is not same as newbie blood, IMO.

My experience in my leagues so far with new blood is my neighbor giving me an earful in his league via e-mail because I pulled a trade with a 12 year old neighborhood kid that my neighbor thought was unfair. However, he had not put in rules to vote on trades whatsoever.  My other experience is a back and forth e-mail fight witnessed by the entire league for an experienced guy questioning a newbie who had not adjusted their line up in weeks. Both of those, I would like to avoid in the future, no thank you  :).

There is a lot of merit in my gumption for not wanting to play with extreme newbies. Someone who has played it 2 or 3 years, yeah, I can live with those. I prefer to stick to my guns here.

You are misunderstanding the message of this post...   Not aimed at anyone...    This is a Colts.com league so we want it competitive as can be...     nobody just dropping out.

FF is HUGE in the US, and it is FUN...     BUT losing sucks, and unfortunately some have to... FF can be FREE or for CASH,  many leagues are FREE.......    When folk play for $$   they tend to pay attention longer...  hehfe..

And when a lot of people WHO DO NOT KNOW EACH OTHER  commit to a  free league...  (a full season, regardless of status)

Well the noob's just quit, and leave DEAD teams..   and it creates a very skewed playing ground.    Believe me BH Chad is not ragging on anyone...    Just saying,  stick with what you know.    Let the new kids prove they WILL stick with a free  league for an entire season.

I am totally with C72

I really wasn't being serious. I was just playing on Chad's aversion to playing with noobies to that of vets in the NFL not allowing rookies to enter the league.

Is FF big in the UK?         Dive in....       Do you want to play?

I really wasn't being serious. I was just playing on Chad's aversion to playing with noobies to that of vets in the NFL not allowing rookies to enter the league.

haha No problem Susie! I am definitely joining in with youse this season on the weekly pickers too.

Just think..another victim wants to go up against the Champ...The more the merrier.. :D

As long as I do better than my friend Coltman51..I'm happy... :rock: :clap:

Ok a few more players now . . . 

17. Jason A Brown

18. Indy005

19. Buccolts

20. VAAllDay757

21. Jamsie Jr.

We may have to split to 2 leagues. . . I'm not sure.  I've never done this before so I don't know how big the leagues can be.  

Chad72 never got back to me about running the league.  Is there someone else who is willing to volunteer to run the league?  I'm willing to help you out with some of the organizational stuff.  But between never having even played FF before and the fact that I have a baby on the way in July, I really don't want to be the guy to run it.  

I really need someone, preferably someone who knows what they are doing to step up here.  

What website is this fantasy run on?

No clue, that's why I need someone experienced to set this up.  Because I don't even know where you can run a league for free on the web.  I'm guessing I could find one if I had to.  But I don't know how to set it all up or anything.

No clue, that's why I need someone experienced to set this up.  Because I don't even know where you can run a league for free on the web.  I'm guessing I could find one if I had to.  But I don't know how to set it all up or anything.

Well the other set of leagues which Andy is running is on yahoo. But i know a few people who do it on nfl.com and say its good. However i have never done fantasy football before and have no idea myself.

Yahoo or NFL.com is where you can start a league up...create a league, give it a name..and make it private with a password, so its exclusive to the ones you invite...then if you want to change anything, just follow the instructions..its really not hard...I prefer yahoo more than NFL.com...but that is my choice..Others have said that they like NFL.com better..Its all up to you where you want to sign up...and they're both free..

Yahoo or NFL.com is where you can start a league up...create a league, give it a name..and make it private with a password, so its exclusive to the ones you invite...then if you want to change anything, just follow the instructions..its really not hard...I prefer yahoo more than NFL.com...but that is my choice..Others have said that they like NFL.com better..Its all up to you where you want to sign up...and they're both free..

If I where to start a league, how much time would be required to run it?  Is it something I could start up, put in a password, give the password to everyone who wants to start a team on here via PM and maybe set up a date and time for the draft and that's it?

Would I necessarily need to be there for the draft even?