Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com glowing, gushing story about Luck....

NewColtsFan

Cosell was basically the guy who fueled the RG vs Luck fire. His predraft analysis virtually making Griffin the superior talent, seemed to bring out Redskin fans I didn't even know existed. Having him go back and give this kind of review of Luck feels good to me because, he is somewhat respectable in that he watches all of the tape without having an agenda...like Jaworskis sidekick Merrill Hoge. I would be shocked if Hoge said the same.

Phil Simms has a ring. AL has not. He is well within his rights to comment. 

Heck Phil Simms has a mouth in this country that gives him the right to comment.  That's why I don't generally get to bent out of shape when someone says something about one of our players in the media. Frankly most of the media just says half the stuff they say for attention trying to get people to notice them and worry a lot more about that than if they are right or wrong.  However, and I know you weren't saying he was right or wrong, just because someone has the right to open their mouth and say something doesn't mean they are correct. 

Are you Eric Ivie?

No.   Not Eric Ivie.    Never met him.   Never even heard of him until a few days ago.   His stories about the Colts are showing up on my Yahoo page....  

I just clicked on his story on his page and there are 40 comments and none of them have noted that his story is likely wrong.

Oh well....   what are you going to do...?

Trent Dilfer has one too.

Just my opinion.....

But I think Trent Dilfer is one of the smartest people on this planet when it comes to quarterback play.   I don't agree with every thing he says,  but on balance,  I think he's an incredibly sharp and insightful guy.   I pay close attention to what Trent Dilfer says...

Ring, or no ring....

Ex-NFL players have much more credibility than any of us armchair pundits on here. Well, apart from Deion Sanders.

If only Deion was more humble & not so obsessed with being the center of attention, you know someone more like Leon Sandcastle.  haha

The only guy I know with 2 visible alter egos in the same body...Crazy just crazy... :facepalm:

omg every luck article has to turn into a luck v rg3 v rw debate. Those comments are just annoying

A respectful bit of advice if I may.....

Get used to it.

Luck and RG3 are now to the NFL what the Bird and Magic rivalry was to the NFL -- Gold!

No matter how long the two of them play,  they will be linked together forever....   accept it as a fact of life....

It's not going to change unless one of them becomes an absolute bust for some unexpected reason....

Otherwise....   they're joined forever....

If only Deion was more humble & not so obsessed with being the center of attention, you know someone more like Leon Sandcastle.  haha

The only guy I know with 2 visible alter egos in the same body...Crazy just crazy... :facepalm:

And not very good ego's at that! You are up late sir....and I'm on a training heading to Scotland. From blue skies in London to......well, the clouds are gathering and getting greyer and greyer every mile......

Just my opinion.....

But I think Trent Dilfer is one of the smartest people on this planet when it comes to quarterback play.   I don't agree with every thing he says,  but on balance,  I think he's an incredibly sharp and insightful guy.   I pay close attention to what Trent Dilfer says...

Ring, or no ring....

The 1 thing I will say about Dilfer that I really like is that he knows that the Ravens 2000 defense basically carried him to a SB victory & that Trent respects defense & he won't blindly proclaim that an NFL offense is the exclusive key to winning any SB. I respect that. Give D some  :lombardi: props...Amen to that IMO. 

And not very good ego's at that! You are up late sir....and I'm on a training heading to Scotland. From blue skies in London to......well, the clouds are gathering and getting greyer and greyer every mile......

Yes, I am up late my friend. Safe travels to Glasgow or where ever your home is BHC...I hope that your plane can land without too much turbulence to deal with...Stay dry if you can...Deion Sanders is like fingernails down a chalkboard to me. He's so irritating. 

Always nice chatting with you BHC. Someday, I will see Scotland myself. Unlike NFL players, I can handle some rain just fine.  :thmup:

Joe Namath has a ring too, but that doesn't mean I am going to pay attention to what he says...

Team sport people no QB gets to or wins a super bowl on there own.  I just had another stupid greatest QB of all time argument the other day and of course we agreed that the first name tha comes to mind for most is Montana because of the Super Bowls and then my protaganist went on to talk about Brady because the Pats won 3.  I pretty much ended the argument when I said using the logic of super bowl rings Terry Bradshaw would be Montana's equal yet he is never in the GOAT conversation.  The argument ended as there was no way to deny my statement.

Just my opinion.....

Ring, or no ring....

Dilfer is ten times the analyst he was an actual quarterback, and that's not meant to be a slam at him as a quarterback...

He is definitely one of the most informative analysts in the NFL...

For every Joe Namath, there is a Suzy Kolber who needs a kiss.

I'm more of a ESPN Wendi Nix man myself. Something tells me that woman could still party, paint the town red, & give a person a night they'd never forget.  ;)

wendi-nix-glasses-espn.jpg

Plus, any anchor that reminds me of Fleetwood MAC singer Stevie Nicks is A Okay in my book man!  :thmup:

Yeah Jon Gruden has a ring but I still try to not hear him.

I like Gruden an an analyst on MNF actually. Plus, he always gave credit to Tony Dungy for assembling such a talented team in Tampa when he won the SB in 2002 almost immediately following the blowout win vs Oakland. I always respected Gruden for that unlike Barry Switzer in 1995 who never thanked HC Jimmy Johnson after he won his SB. 

I always thought Luck compared best to Rodgers physically speaking.

And why did it take him this long to recognize that Luck's pass protection was a joke?

Rodgers is kinda smallish and not nearly as strong as Luck. I would say RG3 is physically closer to Rodgers than Luck is, Rodgers just isn't nearly as fast.

Oh, I was on vacation during that week last year, wasn't it during fall break? I missed that game and the commentary!!! :)

At first Simms said he was wrong, but then he corrected himself and said that he wasn't necessarily wrong because he never said that Luck "couldn't" make big-time NFL throws, but rather that he hadn't seen many (or any) big-time NFL throws from Luck.  He never meant to say Luck couldn't do anything but rather to say that he hadn't seen what many others were claiming to have seen from Luck.  

I agreed with Simms when he made the original comment and I was a bit irked when he first apologized, because he was apologizing for something he didn't actually do.  It seemed as though he was bowing to media pressure.  But then he quickly corrected himself and clarified his comments.  

A respectful bit of advice if I may.....

Get used to it.

Luck and RG3 are now to the NFL what the Bird and Magic rivalry was to the NFL -- Gold!

No matter how long the two of them play,  they will be linked together forever....   accept it as a fact of life....

It's not going to change unless one of them becomes an absolute bust for some unexpected reason....

Otherwise....   they're joined forever....

I was thinking that exact same thing.  If Leaf had even turned out to be a decent QB you would still be hearing Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf comparisons.

The only reason that went away is because Leaf sucked.  

Rodgers is kinda smallish and not nearly as strong as Luck. I would say RG3 is physically closer to Rodgers than Luck is, Rodgers just isn't nearly as fast.

Actually was just looking it up and I was surprised how small Rodgers was but also that his 40 time wasn't really that great.  He doesn't run on his own that often but when he does he looks pretty quick.  Maybe I'm just too used to seeing guys like Manning and Brady.