Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com glowing, gushing story about Luck....

NewColtsFan

This story quotes NFL Films' Greg Cosell calling Luck the most physically gifted QB in the NFL right now!

That's a big deal from Cosell who I believe preferred RG3 to Luck out of college because of what he called superior arm talent.

The writer then goes on to say he agrees with Cosell and calls Luck a combination of Peyton Manning with his great mind prior to the snap and Ben Roethlisberger after the snap with his great physical presence in the pocket, his ability to stand-up to pressure.    

The writer says he went back after the year and looked at Colts games agains and that Luck's protection was atrocious.

Great read,  this will make your day!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-shrewdly-trade-center-baltimore-ravens-153000238.html

This story quotes NFL Films' Greg Cosell calling Luck the most physically gifted QB in the NFL right now!

That's a big deal from Cosell who I believe preferred RG3 to Luck out of college because of what he called superior arm talent.

The writer then goes on to say he agrees with Cosell and calls Luck a combination of Peyton Manning with his great mind prior to the snap and Ben Roethlisberger after the snap with his great physical presence in the pocket, his ability to stand-up to pressure.    

The writer says he went back after the year and looked at Colts games agains and that Luck's protection was atrocious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-shrewdly-trade-center-baltimore-ravens-153000238.html

lol wrong article OP. You linked to the Shipley trade page.

Are you Eric Ivie?

Jesus NFC! :P

Learn to internet! :L

I always thought Luck compared best to Rodgers physically speaking.

And why did it take him this long to recognize that Luck's pass protection was a joke?

Cause no one considered us "Relevant" once Peyton left. Remember, we were only gonna win 2-3 games last year?

Cause no one considered us "Relevant" once Peyton left. Remember, we were only gonna win 2-3 games last year?

I would have thought maybe when we where rocking a playoff caliber record during the season that maybe someone would have gone back and looked at the tape.  

I always thought Luck compared best to Rodgers physically speaking.

And why did it take him this long to recognize that Luck's pass protection was a joke?  

A writer like that is covering the entire NFL,  not just the Colts.   

Your focus as a Colts fan is just the Colts.  

The writer acknowledges knowing the protection was bad,  just needed another review to know just how bad it was.    This is not that uncommon.

Andrew Luck is the best QB to come out since Elway, he is an Elway/Roethlisberger hybrid with superior intelligence than both of them...This year he will prove to be top 5 already, and has the potential to be G.O.A.T......

I liked this blog not only because it was the wrong article, but because NCF made me  haha  Not at him, but what I perceived to be my own incompetence...What? Did I click the wrong link? It's ironic how internet mishaps like that humanize a person & make you feel like a simple minded 6 year old kid.  lmao  LOL! It makes me like NCF even more actually.  :thmup: That what  people remember comical mistakes not flawless perfection. 

Wow, having all sorts of problem linking wrong stories this morning....

So, so sorry..... here you go about Andrew.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168485/article/andrew-luck-is-arguably-nfls-most-gifted-qb-says-cosell

Here we go. The right article this time. Much better. I thought I needed my head examined there for a minute, a padded room, & a straight jacket. I guess it just depends on which relative of mine you ask first. :lol:

It's nice to see critics spread the QB accolades a little bit. RG3 is awesome in his own right, but sometimes I feel like Luck gets forgotten about a little too much. I am curious to see if Luck can make DHB a ProBowl WR. Great QBs tend to make former team castoffs look viable, proficient, & in some cases, dare I say exceptional. Let's hope the DHB experiment works & we have a reliable pocket for Luck to work his magic in.

Some of us have comtemplated how much improvement the Colts have made with the new additions but Luck could be a wildcard. If the OL has improved and Dungy is right in the idea that the second year is the year players have the greatest improvement then Luck could have a dominant year. Last year I thought we could win 9 games and said so on this forum. This year I believe we can win the division and at least the first game of a playoff matchup.

Outside of the misspelled word

A variety of words in Europe can be spelled with a U in them actually just like colour. If America can have a ton of silent K's & E's in our our words, let BHC have a U in his words man. It just depends how many centuries in time you are going back in World History that's all. No big deal to me actually. I like a U in words actually. It makes language seem more regal & sophisticated to me. JMO.

I liked this blog not only because it was the wrong article, but because NCF made me  haha  Not at him, but what I perceived to be my own incompetence...What? Did I click the wrong link? It's ironic how internet mishaps like that humanize a person & make you feel like a simple minded 6 year old kid.  lmao  LOL! It makes me like NCF even more actually.  :thmup: That what  people remember comical mistakes not flawless perfection. 

Appreciate the kind words,  but I apparently had a real brain-cramp kind of morning today....    :slaphead:

Not sure where my head was?  Can't remember making those kind of screw-ups so often in one day....  :scratch:     :dunno:

I've been getting all sorts of "likes' for my original post about getting a 4th round pick.   And it's WRONG!       -omg- 

I never like being a part of the problem.   I try to be part of the solution.   Missed that mark pretty wide!   :omg:

Strange day...     :facepalm:

Oh well.....  we'll try to do better.....       :giveup:       :hide:          :peek:

"Cosell believes second-round pick Montell Ball is an "ideal fit" for the Denver Broncos' offense, citing his burst, fluidity and ability to get skinny at point of attack."

I hope Cossell is right about this draft busts from my alma mater really tick me off. Montee Ball had better not disappoint me either. God, I hope the words "ideal fit" are prophetic in scope. Time will only tell I guess. 

"Cosell believes second-round pick Montell Ball is an "ideal fit" for the Denver Broncos' offense, citing his burst, fluidity and ability to get skinny at point of attack."

I hope Cossell is right about this draft busts from my alma mater really tick me off. Montee Ball had better not disappoint me either. God, I hope the words "ideal fit" are prophetic in scope. Time will only tell I guess. 

For what little it's worth -- and I do stress 'little'....    Ball was one of my favorite RB's in this draft.    He's a beautiful back to watch...

I liken him to Matt Forte of the Bears,  or a smaller version of Adrian Foster in Houston...   zone read guys who run smooth and easy and make it almost look effortless....     really,  really like him.

Hope it works out for Ball in Denver....

Appreciate the kind words,  but I apparently had a real brain-cramp kind of morning today....    :slaphead:

Not sure where my head was?  Can't remember making those kind of screw-ups so often in one day....  :scratch:     :dunno:

I've been getting all sorts of "likes' for my original post about getting a 4th round pick.   And it's WRONG!       -omg- 

I never like being a part of the problem.   I try to be part of the solution.   Missed that mark pretty wide!   :omg:

Strange day...     :facepalm:

Oh well.....  we'll try to do better.....       :giveup:       :hide:          :peek:

No problem NCF. It happens to everybody. Even me. Gotta have bad, bottom fall out days so you can appreciate the exceptional "on the money" days my friend! Don't beat yourself up too much. You're still a fine writer & creative thinker. Tomorrows a new day NCF. My opinion of you has not tarnished 1 bit. No need to lower your head in shame at all. Just remember all brain freeze days or paralysis by analysis days dethaw quite quickly. Once you feel like you hit rock bottom, only 1 way to go: Straight up! 

For what little it's worth -- and I do stress 'little'....    Ball was one of my favorite RB's in this draft.    He's a beautiful back to watch...

I liken him to Matt Forte of the Bears,  or a smaller version of Adrian Foster in Houston...   zone read guys who run smooth and easy and make it almost look effortless....     really,  really like him.

Hope it works out for Ball in Denver....

Thanks NCF! Confirmation from my friends means a great deal to me. I appreciate that.  RB Willis McGahee is getting old, his body is beginning to breakdown, & Peyton needs 5-6 yard ground game to keep the defense honest & win a 2nd SB. #18 can't carry a team on his back anymore. Those days are over. 

Montee Ball looks promising though. I just pray he makes a smooth & productive NFL transition...Yes, I am biased. I will admit it.