Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skip Bayless continues his torid man-love affair with Tim Tebow....

Mouthfire

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9235356

This is just pure comedy gold.

I'm sorry but I'm with Skip Bayless on this one.

"I don't wanna talk about the 7-4 record and one playoff win that you always bring up".

So you wanna talk about Tim Tebow but not his 11 or 12 games as a starter?! Because he has a good record...

Also, he claims that teams shouldn't change their offence to suit Tebow, whether it would yield results or not. That's just luidicrous! Like Skip said, if it will get you wins then you absolutely should. Why wouldn't you? Because the rest of the league is passing?

I don't care what people say about Tebow, he got it done at Denver. I understand people saying he can't throw, but he couldn't then either and he got wins. I think he deserves a chance.

"I don't wanna talk about the 7-4 record and one playoff win that you always bring up".

So you wanna talk about Tim Tebow but not his 11 or 12 games as a starter?! Because he has a good record...

Also, he claims that teams shouldn't change their offence to suit Tebow, whether it would yield results or not. That's just luidicrous! Like Skip said, if it will get you wins then you absolutely should. Why wouldn't you? Because the rest of the league is passing?

I don't care what people say about Tebow, he got it done at Denver. I understand people saying he can't throw, but he couldn't then either and he got wins. I think he deserves a chance.

it appears all 32 teams disagree with you and skip. he needs to be willing to try another position or he is done in the NFL

it appears all 32 teams disagree with you and skip. he needs to be willing to try another position or he is done in the NFL

I think Tebow deserves a chance too but he does not need try another position as I don't think he would be very good at RB, too slow, and he can't catch well enough at WR. I think what he needs to do is improve his throwing the way Rodgers did when he was sitting behind Favre. Perhaps he should hire the GB coaches to work on his delivery. He has to look more like an NFL QB to get the job again. I think that is clear. Whether he can do it or not...who knows...

Yeah, that year that Tebow started, they won. The problem is, can a Tebow-led offense win beyond that first year? History will tell you "No". Because the NFL always figures out gimmicky offenses. Wildcat, anyone? Whatever happened to that offense?

The problem gets even worse, because you'll have to draft and sign players specifically for the option offense. What happens when Tebow stinks up the stadium? Not only do you have to get rid of Tebow, but now you're stuck with highly drafted players and expensive free agents that you can't use. It'll set you back several years.

That's is why people are biting on Tebow. It's just a dumb proposition,

And that's fair enough. I'm not saying I'm right and every team in the NFL is wrong. Just giving my opinion.

Although I do think the other guy in the video is wrong. There are several valid reasons why teams shouldn't sign Tebow. He didn't say a single one.

Yeah, that year that Tebow started, they won. The problem is, can a Tebow-led offense win beyond that first year? History will tell you "No". Because the NFL always figures out gimmicky offenses. Wildcat, anyone? Whatever happened to that offense?

The problem gets even worse, because you'll have to draft and sign players specifically for the option offense. What happens when Tebow stinks up the stadium? Not only do you have to get rid of Tebow, but now you're stuck with highly drafted players and expensive free agents that you can't use. It'll set you back several years.

That's is why people are biting on Tebow. It's just a dumb proposition,

I'll certainly concede that longevity could be an issue but again you just don't know. Everyone knows what Adrian Peterson is going to do on game day, doesn't mean you can stop him.

I'll certainly concede that longevity could be an issue but again you just don't know. Everyone knows what Adrian Peterson is going to do on game day, doesn't mean you can stop him.

Yep. Put Tebow in with a RB like that and if he improves his passing even a little bit that offense could be good.

Here's the problem with Tebow:

In order for team to get wins with him at the helm they have to have: A good running game, good wide receivers, a good O-line, and a good defense.

Now if you have all of that, why would you use a quarterback with no throwing ability who will put up on average 16 PPG when you could go out and grab basically any game manager that's a better passer and isn't going 3 and out every drive?

OK....I guess I am getting soft in my old age, but I feel sorry for this guy.....just a little.  :)  Everybody in the league knows/knew/will know the guy cannot throw to NFL/CFL standards.  Funny that all he seems to do is WIN.  There were a lot of Denver Bronco fans that were flabbergasted and downright angry when the trade was made to the Jets.

Be honest, how may of you watched and cheered Tebow's TD throw to Demaryius Thomas against the Steelers?  How many loved it?  OK, unless you are a Steeler fan I rest my case... haha  :lol:

Wondering aloud that if you see ANY winner sent to the Jets...come out anything but a LOSER as long as "The Mouthy One" Rex Ryan is there.  The New York Jets motto:  Where NFL careers go to to die!!!

I have to say if Tebow went to Jacksonville last year.....he would not be headed out of the league!  This is a good guy...not an NFL QB by any means, but a proven winner...sent to NY to rot...That is the shame of it all.  I despise the entire Jets mess of an organization...it truly will continue to be a circus...Welcome Geno Smith!!!  Have fun in New York soon!!! 

In order for team to get wins with him at the helm they have to have: A good running game, good wide receivers, a good O-line, and a good defense.

Now if you have all of that, why would use a quarterback with no throwing ability who will put up on average 16 PPG when you could go out and grab basically any game manager that's a better passer and isn't going 3 and out every drive?

They would go 0-16 like the Lions with Or-lose-sky or 2-14 like our Colts with Old Man Collins, Painter, and....ooops...Or-Win-sky  :funny:  (With basically the same team 18 would have had with him)  URRGH!!

As they say.....ya win-sky some  and you lose-sky some :)

First, that video was annoying.  SAS and SB just yell and yell and yell, and nothing gets done.

As to Tebow, he's won games in this league.  The problem is, his one shot to do something was followed by one of the greatest QBs to ever play becoming a FA.  Tebow was not Elway's boy, and he was dying to find a way to get rid of him.

Then, he goes to the Jets who are trying to use Tebow as a gimmick once in a while.  Had he gone to the Jaguars and been given a legitimate shot, he may've done something.  Maybe not, but you give Tebow a guy like MJD, and a rag tag group of receivers, and he could potentially do a few things.  Keep offensive TOP high, boost MJD's performance by being another threat in the backfield, and throw for 150-200 yards a game with minimal turnovers.

He is in no sense a traditional QB, but based on his intangibles, it might behoove someone to pick him up and develop his skills as a QB.  Heck, it'd behoove Tebow to do that himself and show a team he can throw.  Until then, no one wants a gimmicky QB who draws attention away from the starter.

The disservice that Jets did is ask Tebow to bulk up to 250 lbs to play FB and punt protector and wildcat QB.

So, now he has to shed those pounds on top of working on his delivery motion, the Jets messed him up. Plus, Tebow needs to understand that if a roster has 2 or 3 QBs in hand and you are not the unanimous starter and the offense is not completely altered for you, you need to show them SOMETHING in practice.

I remember the Bronco days where he was horrible in practice in traditional drills which is why John Fox and Mike McCoy decided to go with the only thing Tebow could run. But then, Tebow did not have QB competition with Orton injured, the Broncos did not have options. With the Jets, it was different.

Coaches cannot wing it despite poor practices when they have other options (no job security in the NFL for coaches or players). Like MVBigHead said, the dual run threat is something teams will plan for with an occasional pass with man coverage, so it would have made sense to go to a running team like the Jags.

So, in essence, the Jets shot his career down the toilet by showcasing just a little of all the wrong things he should not be used for and letting the media coverage of him affect their starter.

The disservice that Jets did is ask Tebow to bulk up to 250 lbs to play FB and punt protector and wildcat QB.

So, now he has to shed those pounds on top of working on his delivery motion, the Jets messed him up. Plus, Tebow needs to understand that if a roster has 2 or 3 QBs in hand and you are not the unanimous starter and the offense is not completely altered for you, you need to show them SOMETHING in practice.

I remember the Bronco days where he was horrible in practice in traditional drills which is why John Fox and Mike McCoy decided to go with the only thing Tebow could run. But then, Tebow did not have QB competition with Orton injured, the Broncos did not have options. With the Jets, it was different.

Great post.  Like him or not, the Jets made a mockery and a mess out of him.  He did what he was asked/told to do....and it is hard to imagine the throwing mechanics being worse.

Re: Tim Tebow as a "winning QB" with an 8-6 record:

Mark Sanchez is 37-31.  Another winning QB ruined by terrible management or (more likely) a weak QB winning games on the back of great team defense and a potent ground game?  

Sanchez is a lousy QB who achieved more then Tebow likely ever will, both in the regular season and in the playoffs.  But he's a "winner" for whom noone will shed a tear for when he's cut.  

It's not even the longevity issue.  It's the fact that the Broncos were running a run-option offense.  That's not going to last long.  There's a reason why NFL teams stopped running that offense in the first place.  Teams would quickly figure it out.

The first Monday and Tuseday after the draft....more than 50 players were cut from NFL rosters.

Tim Tebow was just one of them...

Skip has standards that shift.....Aaron Rodgers has underachieved since winning ther Super Bowl because of the standards he set.

Lebron and Peyton Manning MUST BE judged by titles  only....because of the standards they set

But Tebow..a two-time national champion and college player of the year ..cannot be judged bacause he lost 4 of his last 5 starts at Denver..and was 32nd amoing 32 starting QBs in 2011.... practices poorly and his team was 9-9

and he .should have been   installed as starting QB of the Jets anfd the offense built around him....

Beacuse he's proven so much in the NFL...

Tim Tebow was 32nd of 32 QBs....and Denver lost 4 of the last 5 (all must win games) that he started

Tebow didnt play defense and he didnt kick the ball...which was why Denver won in 2011

You're buying the words of a con man...Skip knows he's lying when he talks about QB rating in the last 5 minutes..

..he made it up

.THERE IS NO SUCH THING

You dont think that if the Jets thought he could win games that they'd have used him??

Wirth Rex desperate to win??

Skip loves Tim because they are both devout Christians.....

Were he Muslim,.,he would never have been discussed on ESPN..

Skip: "Throwing isn't Tebow's strength...BUT"

lol....HE'S A QUARTERBACK YOU DUMMY!!!!

I'm a mechanic, but I'm not very good at it. Pay me to fix your car?

Skip Bayless fascinates me actually. He [Mr. Bayless] has openly acknowledged that both he & Tebow share similar religious beliefs in previous TV segments, [not relevant to the discussion of a QB's ability to win games & it compromises his journalistic integrity.] In addition, Skip never seems to grasp the point the Denver's defense kept the score low for 3 & a half quarters just so Tebow had a shot at winning the game in the last 5 minutes of the game. Lastly, players in this league get cut from roster's all the time for under performing what makes Tebow so darn special? Lots of people in this world get their dreams crushed, but we don't get national news coverage everytime we speak now do we? I have zero sympathy for Tim Tebow at all. 

Your mechanic joke works so well ruksak because it points out the need for basic competency in any field to do any job effectively & that there is a huge difference between passion & talent. A QB must possess both to be successful in the NFL. 

Who knows about this poor Tebow fella.....all I care about is a QB that has a team....you all know and love him....drum roll please....Curtis 'the legend' Painter...have mane, will travel.  

Congratulations to proven winner Curtis Painter.  haha  :lol:  :funny:  :spit:  lmao

http://www.nfl.com/player/curtispainter/81300/profile

What? What the Hades is GM Jerry Reese doing?! The Giants just added Painter to their roster.... lmao This is probably the 1 & only time that I will ever 2nd guess a Jerry Reese move. Thanks for the chuckle Brent.  :hat:

What? What the Hades is GM Jerry Reese doing?! The Giants just added Painter to their roster.... lmao This is probably the 1 & only time that I will ever 2nd guess a Jerry Reese move. Thanks for the chuckle Brent.  :hat:

I am not in any way a Tebow fan as you know, but there are some pretty bad QBs making major coin in this league.

IMO the Jets went from one circus to another by adding Geno "Boo to the freaking Who" Smith.  "I am just going to leave the daft," said baby Smitty....such a baby he already has a baby picture...and only a rookie.

37024_533447576701935_629707439_n.jpg

geno_smith_515x282.jpg?42e305

Now if you have all of that, why would you use a quarterback with no throwing ability who will put up on average 16 PPG when you could go out and grab basically any game manager that's a better passer and isn't going 3 and out every drive?

So, what you saying is this: As long as everyone one else on the active roster carries Tim Tebow to victory, he can be the biblical NFL savior?  :funny:  I agree 100% Dustin. Well said my friend!  :thmup:

I think Tebow deserves a chance too but he does not need try another position as I don't think he would be very good at RB, too slow, and he can't catch well enough at WR. I think what he needs to do is improve his throwing the way Rodgers did when he was sitting behind Favre. Perhaps he should hire the GB coaches to work on his delivery. He has to look more like an NFL QB to get the job again. I think that is clear. Whether he can do it or not...who knows...

Tebow tried like hell to clean up his mechanics in the time between the end of his college career and the start of his NFL career.  Didn't take.  He showed a little progress throwing in front of scouts prior to the draft but in the line of fire he immediately reverted back to his old ways.  The change came too late for him.

Besides, his problems are far more severe than Rodgers' were and there's no way he'll get access to cream of the crop NFL QB coaching at this point.  The QB gurus of the league aren't going to waste a roster spot on him and they aren't exactly available for hire on weekends or during the offseason.

I am not in any way a Tebow fan as you know, but there are some pretty bad QBs making major coin in this league.

IMO the Jets went from one circus to another by adding Geno "Boo to the freaking Who" Smith. "I am just going to leave the daft," said baby Smitty....such a baby he already has a baby picture...and only a rookie.

37024_533447576701935_629707439_n.jpg

geno_smith_515x282.jpg?42e305

Yes, Geno Smith needs to zip it & just go to work. No argument there. Regarding Tebow, the guy was willing to work hard, but that's not enough: accuracy & consistency matter. The U.S. Special Forces would never pass a sniper who always missed their target in drills would they? Their lack of reliability compromises everyone's else's reliability in the field when mistakes are not acceptable period.

I know that you are not the President of Tebow's Fan Club Brent. That job is usually reserved for his mother right? haha ;)

Yes, Geno Smith needs to zip it & just go to work. No argument there. Regarding Tebow, the guy was willing to work hard, but that's not enough: accuracy & consistency matter. The U.S. Special Forces would never pass a sniper who always missed their target in drills would they? Their lack of reliability compromises everyone's else's reliability in the field when mistakes are not acceptable period.

I know that you are not the President of Tebow's Fan Club Brent. That job is usually reserved for his mother right? haha ;)

And of course.....The Joker...not to be confused with our very own forum friend JoKeR  :)

SkipBaylessEmmy-183362_136x136.png

I reason I watch Skip Bayless routinely is a simple one. Even if he royally ticks me off about how he always downgrades Andrew Luck over the future potential of RG3, Skip Bayless doesn't care what other people think of him at all. Genius, village bafoon, severely misguided, or just a class clown...Skip always sticks to his convictions no matter what. I respect that.

Hades, I'm exactly like that myself. If I believe in somebody, I'll drive off a darn cliff trying to convince others that my belief was indeed accurate...

And of course.....The Joker...not to be confused with our very own forum friend JoKeR   :)

SkipBaylessEmmy-183362_136x136.png

It is kind of ironic that Joker [the Colts Forum blogger on here] is usually incredibly smart & spot on with his assertions, statements, & beliefs. The exact opposite of Skip Bayless in terms of accuracy actually. HA! HA!

Like a captain going down with the ship. Not always the best decision AKA the 1912 Titanic, but you never forget the story either now do ya? You don't have to do glorious things to be remembered in annals of history & the record books you know... Regression can be just as memorable as progression...People tend to forget that fact.

Besides, the analogy with the Titanic fits for Skip because by the time he realizes what a colossal mistake he's made it's too late. Capsize the ship & bring on the frigid temperatures & hypothermia....Go out with some sense of flamboyance right? haha 

Besides, actress Kate Winslet was nice eye candy to look at as director James Cameron needed a better sense of pacing throughout the duration of this long film anyway...

titanic-movie-fun-facts-49446262-apr-2-2

kate+winslet+titanic2.jpg

I wonder if he's the same guy who didn't vote for Lebron James, denying James what could have been a unanimous NBA MVP vote :D.

To be completely honest, ReMeDy makes a valid point here. Skip Bayless's biggest problem is that he rarely, if ever, admits when he was wrong. That's why people dislike him so much. That & he never played basketball on an NBA level.

When SW1 is way off in a prediction, I own it & never run from it. Skip needs to learn this crucial lesson ASAP, but given his donkey like stubbornness that will never happen IMO. The apocalypse & locusts will occur first before that moment of truth transpires. LOL!

It is kind of ironic that Joker [the Colts Forum blogger on here] is usually incredibly smart & spot on with his assertions, statements, & beliefs. The exact opposite of Skip Bayless in terms of accuracy actually. HA! HA!

Like a captain going down with the ship. Not always the best decision AKA the 1912 Titanic, but you never forget the story either now do ya? You don't have to do glorious things to be remembered in annals of history & the record books you know... Regression can be just as memorable as progression...People tend to forget that fact.

I do not mind Bayless because I take everything he says as a blatant attempt to annoy fans.  That is his job.  Stephen A Smith knows basketball well and that is it.  Really you have two sports "talking dumbies" arguing which as we know should never be confused with debating :)  "Embrace Yelling/screaming arguments :)"

I don't recall who it was, but after Tebow was released there was discussion over a landing spot for him.

Someone suggested that his passing woes may be the least of his problems, and eluded to the fact that he had a very difficult time reading defenses, and was unable to audible because of it.

Don't know if anyone else heard that, or similar.

I reason I watch Skip Bayless routinely is a simple one. Even if he royally ticks me off about how he always downgrades Andrew Luck over the future potential of RG3, Skip Bayless doesn't care what other people think of him at all. Genius, village bafoon, severely misguided, or just a class clown...Skip always sticks to his convictions no matter what. I respect that.

Hades, I'm exactly like that myself. If I believe in somebody, I'll drive off a darn cliff trying to convince others that my belief was indeed accurate...

Skip wallows in the glow of Michael Jordan for coming back from his broken foot and playing every game most years but sucks up to Derrick Rose who's been healthy for 2 months, needs to play as part of his rehab and refuses to play...saying that no one knows how the poor baby feels.... 

Skip says that Lebron must be held to the highest standard becaures of his MVP awards..

One title is not enough..

But Tim Tebow..the Heisman Trophy winner...and his record in 2011 (where he lost 4 of his last 5)  must be bowed down to in the NFL even though he was the 32nd rated passer, has trouble reading defense, doesnt practice well....and has to have the entire offense gutted and renovated around him.

Principles?

Re: Tim Tebow as a "winning QB" with an 8-6 record:

Mark Sanchez is 37-31.  Another winning QB ruined by terrible management or (more likely) a weak QB winning games on the back of great team defense and a potent ground game?  

Sanchez is a lousy QB who achieved more then Tebow likely ever will, both in the regular season and in the playoffs.  But he's a "winner" for whom noone will shed a tear for when he's cut.  

Hey now! No room for logic in here!

The problem is that Tebow's ardent supporters don't support him because he's actually a good QB. They support him because he's super religious (and very open about it) and basically a college football legend so to speak. I got no problem with someone liking someone for those reasons...but the level of hype for what was essentially a backup QB who won some games by not turning it over and letting his defense and running game keep it close..against bad teams too..is ridiculous.

Hey now! No room for logic in here!

The problem is that Tebow's ardent supporters don't support him because he's actually a good QB. They support him because he's super religious (and very open about it) and basically a college football legend so to speak. I got no problem with someone liking someone for those reasons...but the level of hype for what was essentially a backup QB who won some games by not turning it over and letting his defense and running game keep it close..against bad teams too..is ridiculous.

I'm a big Tebow fan and I don't support him because he loves God or because he was the most famous college football player. The guy came in and did what people said he wouldn't do, won a playoff game, then got stuck out after the pursuit of a HoF player. If Manning doesn't come to Denver then Tebow would probably still be the starter right now. I like the guy because of his style of play that is gritty, unorthodox yet gets wins. But that's just me.