Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skip Bayless continues his torid man-love affair with Tim Tebow....

Mouthfire

From my perspective here is what Skip Bayless and other Tebow supporters need to know about Tim Tebow....

Twice in the last 15 months,  Tebow has been put up for sale for all the other 31 teams.   When Denver offered him,  they got two offers.   A 4 and a 6 from J'Ville.    A 4 and a 7 from the NYJets.   Denver was nice enough to let Tebow pick which team he wanted to go to and took the lesser offer.   Just to be done with him.

Then,  after it didn't go well in NY,  the Jets made him available to all teams.   At any price.  A 7th round pick.   A player.   Anything.  And all 31 other teams passed.    That's what the entire NFL thinks of Tebow as a QB.    Now, if Tebow said he'd be willing to be a back-up TE/H-back type and play special teams, etc,  he'd get a number of offers.    But since he hasn't,  he sits by the phone and waits.    I suspect he's going to wait a long time.

Twice every team in the NFL had their chance at him...   and twice the NFL has basically passed on Tim Tebow.    Skip needs to come to grips with that.....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big Tebow fan and I don't support him because he loves God or because he was the most famous college football player. The guy came in and did what people said he wouldn't do, won a playoff game, then got stuck out after the pursuit of a HoF player. If Manning doesn't come to Denver then Tebow would probably still be the starter right now. I like the guy because of his style of play that is gritty, unorthodox yet gets wins. But that's just me.

yeah, he is so good no team in the nfl wants him

yeah, he is so good no team in the nfl wants him

He's become a spectacle in the NFL and no team with even a slightly competent QB wants the threat of Tebow breathing down their neck. And then there are the GMs who are like Elway and want nothing to do with an unorthodox style of play. Going to play with the NYJ is the worst career move that Tebow has made. Now he's gained weight and hasn't been on the field showing the league what he can do for over a year.

I will acknowledge that Skip's defense of Tim Tebow is laughable. He reminds me a Custer being surrounded by Indians screaming "Attack! Attack! Attack!" Just substitute Skip for Custer. GMs & scouts for Indians. And "A force of competitive nature" for Attack! Attack! Attack!  :lol:  :funny:  lmao

He's become a spectacle in the NFL and no team with even a slightly competent QB wants the threat of Tebow breathing down their neck. And then there are the GMs who are like Elway and want nothing to do with an unorthodox style of play. Going to play with the NYJ is the worst career move that Tebow has made. Now he's gained weight and hasn't been on the field showing the league what he can do for over a year.

QuizBoy is a friend of mine & I do respect anyone's devotion to a person they decide to support. Yes, Tim was treated miserably in NY under Rex Ryan & clearly that staff had no intention of starting him. But that still doesn't change the fact that Tebow change that Tebow couldn't hit the broad side of a barn consistently. JMO. Feel free to disagree as always. :hat:

Skip wallows in the glow of Michael Jordan for coming back from his broken foot and playing every game most years but sucks up to Derrick Rose who's been healthy for 2 months, needs to play as part of his rehab and refuses to play...saying that no one knows how the poor baby feels.... 

Skip says that Lebron must be held to the highest standard becaures of his MVP awards..

One title is not enough..

But Tim Tebow..the Heisman Trophy winner...and his record in 2011 (where he lost 4 of his last 5)  must be bowed down to in the NFL even though he was the 32nd rated passer, has trouble reading defense, doesnt practice well....and has to have the entire offense gutted and renovated around him.

Principles?

A person can still be misguided & committed to their beliefs. There is a fine line between insanity & personal conviction. I'm not saying blind loyalty is a sound practice, but  a part of me admires defying conventional wisdom & ignoring all the people who think you are nuts. Too many people in this world want to conform to society's whims & not go against the grain just because you prefer independent thinking & developing your own conclusions. 

QuizBoy is a friend of mine & I do respect anyone's devotion to a person they decide to support. Yes, Tim was treated miserably in NY under Rex Ryan & clearly that staff had no intention of starting him. But that still doesn't change the fact that Tebow change that Tebow couldn't hit the broad side of a barn consistently. JMO. Feel free to disagree as always. :hat:

Maybe he can't, but he can win games. That's all that matters in my opinion.

he has won nine games as an NFL quarterback. not exactly earth shattering. Teams, other than the steelers in overtime, had him figured out five weeks before the playoffs. if he was any good, he wouldn't be unemployed

he has won nine games as an NFL quarterback. not exactly earth shattering. Teams, other than the steelers in overtime, had him figured out five weeks before the playoffs. if he was any good, he wouldn't be unemployed

He took a team that started 1-4 to the playoffs. Hasn't had a chance to start since being kicked out of a franchise he revived. So Brandon Lloyd isn't any good? Dwight Freeney isn't any good? I mean, no team has signed them either so they must be horrible.

He took a team that started 1-4 to the playoffs. Hasn't had a chance to start since being kicked out of a franchise he revived. So Brandon Lloyd isn't any good? Dwight Freeney isn't any good? I mean, no team has signed them either so they must be horrible.

I understand your overall point, but there is a world of difference between proven veterans, and Tim Tebow.

I understand your overall point, but there is a world of difference between proven veterans, and Tim Tebow.

Of course there is. But how else can one prove one's self if not given the chance? Rex certainly didn't do the guy any favors.

I can respect that QuizBoy. Stick to your convictions pal. If you believe in a guy, dive in head 1st; no fear no hesitation whatsoever. :thmup:  All my friends possess the same quality. They don't mind being called crazy. It's just another word for self assured/confident.  ;)  

I can respect that QuizBoy. Stick to your convictions pal. If you believe in a guy, dive in head 1st; no fear no hesitation whatsoever. :thmup: All my friends possess the same quality. They don't mind being called crazy. It's just another word for self assured/confident. ;)

haha I make a living being called crazy. I'm used to it man.

Of course there is. But how else can one prove one's self if not given the chance? Rex certainly didn't do the guy any favors.

It's really on him that he's not performing well in practices though. Despite his slightly above average winning percentage he has horrible mechanics and decision making. And some can say he didn't get a fair shake with the Jets, but he chose them. So you kinda reap what you sow in that regards IMO.

haha I make a living being called crazy. I'm used to it man.

Just remember: Going to the moon, breaking the sound barrier, & sound being transferred across a wire through an invention called the telephone were all considered crazy & no one is laughing now QuizBoy.  haha

It's really on him that he's not performing well in practices though. Despite his slightly above average winning percentage he has horrible mechanics and decision making. And some can say he didn't get a fair shake with the Jets, but he chose them. So you kinda reap what you sow in that regards IMO.

Yeah it is no secret that Tebow isn't a great in practice. But we talkin about practice. Not the game, we talkin about practice. :) But Tebow only chose the Jets because he was led to believe that they wanted him. He knew just as well as we did that Sanchez was horrible and he could have a chance to become the starter. Too bad RR has some kind of sick Sanchez fetish thing going on though.

I would agree that Tebow did not perform well in NY & the NFL is a performance based business House, but no one really knows how many reps Tebow was actually given the Big Apple either. Personally, I think we will never see Tebow in the NFL again. When even Jacksonville says no thank you, it is pretty much over. To quote George Burns, "Goodnight Gracie." 

Just remember: Going to the moon, breaking the sound barrier, & sound being transferred across a wire through an invention called the telephone were all considered crazy & no one is laughing now QuizBoy. haha

Exactly. I don't wanta be called sane anyway. What's the fun in that right?

Yeah it is no secret that Tebow isn't a great in practice. But we talkin about practice. Not the game, we talkin about practice. :) But Tebow only chose the Jets because he was led to believe that they wanted him. He knew just as well as we did that Sanchez was horrible and he could have a chance to become the starter. Too bad RR has some kind of sick Sanchez fetish thing going on though.

Well practice is where his flaws are clearly the most glaring, so obvious that doesn't help his case.

As far as the Jets go, I have to imagine something in him said "I want to beat out a starting QB and prove myself". Obviously that is purely speculation, but I'm sure he was told that day one with Jax would have been an opportunity to start.

I would agree that Tebow did not perform well in NY & the NFL is a performance based business House, but no one really knows how many reps Tebow was actually given the Big Apple either. Personally, I think we will never see Tebow in the NFL again. When even Jacksonville says no thank you, it is pretty much over. To quote George Burns, "Goodnight Gracie."

Well NY was the worst spot to be in the NFL last season, so I can agree they didn't do anything helpful for Timmy, but he did chose them so he had to know a little what he was getting into.

Well practice is where his flaws are clearly the most glaring, so obvious that doesn't help his case.

As far as the Jets go, I have to imagine something in him said "I want to beat out a starting QB and prove myself". Obviously that is purely speculation, but I'm sure he was told that day one with Jax would have been an opportunity to start.

Nah, the Jaguars coaching staff weren't too keen on Tebow. As far as practice goes, Arian can get smashed and stopped all day by Cushing and Smith but if he gets 4 TDs on game day to help us win I couldn't care less about how he practiced.

Well NY was the worst spot to be in the NFL last season, so I can agree they didn't do anything helpful for Timmy, but he did chose them so he had to know a little what he was getting into.

True, John Elway did give Tebow the freedom to chose between the Jets or the Jags. No argument there. It's not like he was totally blindsided. I have no proof of this, but I have a feeling Tebow liked the idea of carrying his religious beliefs to the largest media market in the world via the starting QB of the Jets. He listened to his marketing handlers as opposed his football intuition. 

Nah, the Jaguars coaching staff weren't too keen on Tebow. As far as practice goes, Arian can get smashed and stopped all day by Cushing and Smith but if he gets 4 TDs on game day to help us win I couldn't care less about how he practiced.

Jax wanted him last year though.

Jax wanted him last year though.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Khan wanted him to fill seats but the coaching staff didn't want him and were more comfortable with Blaine behind center.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Khan wanted him to fill seats but the coaching staff didn't want him and were more comfortable with Blaine behind center.

True, but compared to this year the Tebow train had much more momentum. I believe he would have started in Jax last year, but I have no proof of that or anything lol.

It does beg the hypothetical question though: if Tebow had gone to Jacksonville...The same state he was a superstar QB in college would the leash have been longer? Meaning the old coaching staff would be in place if the Jags had won 7 or 8 games under Tim Tebow? At the very least fans would fill stadium seats...

True, but compared to this year the Tebow train had much more momentum. I believe he would have started in Jax last year, but I have no proof of that or anything lol.

Blaine Gabbert did suck. He still does. I don't know why he is still on their roster. Yup, Tebow would have started in Jacksonville because he took snaps under center vs 98% shotgun for Blaine in college. 

Okay, I don't the exact shotgun percentage, but it was a lot.  haha

So, you don't agree with the AQ Shipley trade either.

I don't think so. I haven't seen much of him but from what I'm reading he seems to have been a favorite and according to some might have been a better option than SS. I haven't seen enough footage of both of them to put forth my own honest contribution however.

Be honest, how may of you watched and cheered Tebow's TD throw to Demaryius Thomas against the Steelers?  How many loved it?  OK, unless you are a Steeler fan I rest my case... haha  :lol:

I will admit it. I was rooting for the Steelers and they might possibly be my least favorite team in the league. Why? Because the winner of that game went to NE and the last thing I wanted was the Pats to get back to back bye weeks. You knew that they would expose that Denver offense again even though the Pats D was bad and Brady would carve up that D again......you knew it would happen.

At least with Pittsburgh you had a challenger. I don't care if Big Ben was in a wheelchair by that point. But, earlier that year Pittsburgh beat the Pats and I am aware that the Pats have usually gotten the better of the Steelers in the playoffs with Brady but it was still the better option.

But, also you would have at least had the chance of the Steelers "softening" the Pats up more for the Ravens who btw were my AFC pick all year. (I was a year off *sigh* lol).

Also the SB was in our house and I really didn't want it to be NE but it happened. It just felt so odd to have NE be in Indy too for the SB and all but it actually HAPPENED lol.

I will admit it. I was rooting for the Steelers and they might possibly be my least favorite team in the league. Why? Because the winner of that game went to NE and the last thing I wanted was the Pats to get back to back bye weeks. You knew that they would expose that Denver offense again even though the Pats D was bad and Brady would carve up that D again......you knew it would happen.

At least with Pittsburgh you had a challenger. I don't care if Big Ben was in a wheelchair by that point. But, earlier that year Pittsburgh beat the Pats and I am aware that the Pats have usually gotten the better of the Steelers in the playoffs with Brady but it was still the better option.

But, also you would have at least had the chance of the Steelers "softening" the Pats up more for the Ravens who btw were my AFC pick all year. (I was a year off *sigh* lol).

Also the SB was in our house and I really didn't want it to be NE but it happened. It just felt so odd to have NE be in Indy too for the SB and all but it actually HAPPENED lol.

I remember thinking the same thing Jules about the irony of the SB that year. I think ESPN ran a story during SB week that basically asked who the biggest SB loser is? The answer was Peyton Manning because his little brother and Brady would be playing for the SB in his house. All sorts of jokes came out about Eli asking Peyton to use his locker and Brady putting Pats memorbilia around Lucas Oil stadium. :D

Exactly. I don't wanta be called sane anyway. What's the fun in that right?

Getting called insane would be a compliment for me up here. ;)

But I agree with all your sentiments on Tebow. The guy won on a putrid team. If not for him, Manning never even considers Denver. He gives them the heisman the way he did to the Jets. Talk about irony.

He was completely misled by the Jets. I remember thinking at the time that it was a great move for him and was happy Denver let him have the choice. I figured Sanchez would falter which he did but who knew the team never prepared anything for Tim and the wildcat/read option? It might have been the most head scratching story of the year honestly. Why on earth you would not use the guy on a team that needed help in the worst way makes no sense.

I don't see the fact that the other teams have passed on him as indicative of him not being good enough to start. It is more a reflection of the NFL and its unwillingness to want to take a chance on a guy that does not fit the mold and brings a lot of media attention along with him.

I believe Tebow will play in the NFL again maybe this season depending on what happens with injuries and such.

I don't see the fact that the other teams have passed on him as indicative of him not being good enough to start. It is more a reflection of the NFL and its unwillingness to want to take a chance on a guy that does not fit the mold and brings a lot of media attention along with him.

haha Tebow fans can spin anything that's for sure.

Getting called insane would be a compliment for me up here. ;)

But I agree with all your sentiments on Tebow. The guy won on a putrid team. If not for him, Manning never even considers Denver. He gives them the heisman the way he did to the Jets. Talk about irony.

He was completely misled by the Jets. I remember thinking at the time that it was a great move for him and was happy Denver let him have the choice. I figured Sanchez would falter which he did but who knew the team never prepared anything for Tim and the wildcat/read option? It might have been the most head scratching story of the year honestly. Why on earth you would not use the guy on a team that needed help in the worst way makes no sense.

I believe Tebow will play in the NFL again maybe this season depending on what happens with injuries and such.

Yep, my thoughts exactly AM. No one wants to draw the attention of signing him from the media and probably even making their own starter doubt himself or think that the organization is doubting him as well, probably. As long as he is healthy I expect to see him somewhere in the league as well.

haha Tebow fans can spin anything that's for sure.

Tebow is a polarizing figure, isn't it? Not sure why people who are not a fan of his get so upset when others say they think he is a good player. I never followed him in college and I have always hated the Broncos yet when I saw him play, I saw a guy with grit, intangibles galore, and the ability to make clutch passes when needed. He was the biggest reason why the Broncos got turned around yet every win of his is somehow discounted based on luck, his defense which was ranked 20th in points allowed, or the football gods smiling on him. I don't get it. I wonder if he was not such a media spectacle if people would feel different about him?

Tebow is a polarizing figure, isn't it? Not sure why people who are not a fan of his get so upset when others say they think he is a good player. I never followed him in college and I have always hated the Broncos yet when I saw him play, I saw a guy with grit, intangibles galore, and the ability to make clutch passes when needed. He was the biggest reason why the Broncos got turned around yet every win of his is somehow discounted based on luck, his defense which was ranked 20th in points allowed, or the football gods smiling on him. I don't get it. I wonder if he was not such a media spectacle if people would feel different about him?

I have zero strong emotions about Tebow. I just think he's a terrible QB who gets a ton of hype for reason off the field lol.

I have zero strong emotions about Tebow. I just think he's a terrible QB who gets a ton of hype for reason off the field lol.

See there you go proving my point. The guy won the Heisman, two national college championships and when given the chance in the NFL turned around a 1-4 team into a divisional winner and won a playoff game. Call him terrible if you want (really the only thing terrible is his passing) but the guy is the very definition of a winner and his attention is well-deserved for his on-field accomplishments which has led into the off-field attention because he is so open about his faith. I don't like the off-field stuff either but Brady gets a lot of off-field attention too that is unwarranted IMO...

See there you go proving my point. The guy won the Heisman, two national college championships and when given the chance in the NFL turned around a 1-4 team into a divisional winner and won a playoff game. Call him terrible if you want (really the only thing terrible is his passing) but the guy is the very definition of a winner and his attention is well-deserved for his on-field accomplishments which has led into the off-field attention because he is so open about his faith. I don't like the off-field stuff either but Brady gets a lot of off-field attention too that is unwarranted IMO...

"Really the only thing terrible is his passing"

lmao

That's 90% of a QBs job.

He won some games and looked terrible doing it lol.

Luck did better than him in virtually every aspect last year, besides a single playoff win. I don't drool over him because of it. Because he's not doing anything others haven't done before him. Yet Tebow "deserves a chance" because he's a winner, he's a baller, playmaker, shot caller haha.

Tebow was a great college player so his credentials there aren't really relevant because its not the same game.

So I'm not sure what point I'm proving. I just don't think much of him. That's my choice based on all I've known about him and his game. It's not because popular opinion dictates it.