Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skip Bayless continues his torid man-love affair with Tim Tebow....

Mouthfire

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow = Danica Patrick.

Young athletes have followed them with greater success but lesser fanfare.

"Really the only thing terrible is his passing"

lmao

That's 90% of a QBs job.

He won some games and looked terrible doing it lol.

Luck did better than him in virtually every aspect last year, besides a single playoff win. I don't drool over him because of it. Because he's not doing anything others haven't done before him. Yet Tebow "deserves a chance" because he's a winner, he's a baller, playmaker, shot caller haha.

Tebow was a great college player so his credentials there aren't really relevant because its not the same game.

So I'm not sure what point I'm proving. I just don't think much of him. That's my choice based on all I've known about him and his game. It's not because popular opinion dictates it.

Think of him as mike vick, without the speed, arm strength, faith of an nfl coaching staff or front office and dog fighting. 

Just remember: Going to the moon, breaking the sound barrier, & sound being transferred across a wire through an invention called the telephone were all considered crazy & no one is laughing now QuizBoy.  haha

Don't forget SW1......the world is/was flat!!

flat-earth-society1.jpeg

"Really the only thing terrible is his passing"

lmao

That's 90% of a QBs job.

He won some games and looked terrible doing it lol.

Luck did better than him in virtually every aspect last year, besides a single playoff win. I don't drool over him because of it. Because he's not doing anything others haven't done before him. Yet Tebow "deserves a chance" because he's a winner, he's a baller, playmaker, shot caller haha.

Tebow was a great college player so his credentials there aren't really relevant because its not the same game.

So I'm not sure what point I'm proving. I just don't think much of him. That's my choice based on all I've known about him and his game. It's not because popular opinion dictates it.

You were talking about his underserved attention off the field. I am pointing out that his success his whole football career merits that attention. There are plenty of Christian players that stink and don't get any attention. Tebow was a great football player first and with that came the attention for his faith because he is so open about it.

One last thing I will say is that Tim Tebow, and Tim Tebow alone, is the only QB who you could say "Well only his throwing is terrible" and it not be a big deal.

you know why? Because he led the number one rushing attack and did throw well when it counted in the fourth quarter. it just wasn't always pretty. ;)

You were talking about his underserved attention off the field. I am pointing out that his success his whole football career merits that attention. There are plenty of Christian players that stink and don't get any attention. Tebow was a great football player first and with that came the attention for his faith because he is so open about it.

I'm talking about his undeserved "He deserves to play" argument that's floating around. Nothing in his NFL game shows he "deserves" anything.

He won some games sure, but he looked miserable doing it. No coach or GM wants to tie they're careers to the arm of Tim Tebow.

Again I don't hate the guy personally or anything, I just don't respect his game.

you know why? Because he led the number one rushing attack and did throw well when it counted in the fourth quarter. it just wasn't ever pretty. ;)

Fixed that for you.

But hey let him be a RB. I bet he would do pretty well.

I'm talking about his undeserved "He deserves to play" argument that's floating around. Nothing in his NFL game shows he "deserves" anything.

He won some games sure, but he looked miserable doing it. No coach or GM wants to tie they're careers to the arm of Tim Tebow.

Again I don't hate the guy personally or anything, I just don't respect his game.

Well he did deserve to play in New York. I don't think that is debatable but you can disagree. He did more than just win a few games he turned a Bronco team around that had the worst record in football for the three seasons prior to him taking the helm. He won his first 7 of 8 and a playoff game. There are a ton of QBs playing right now that don't have that resume so it is not hyperbole or fantical to say the guy should be starting. What has hurt him is the fact that the Jets barely played him at all. A year off is like an eternity in the NFL. Like I said before, I think he will play again in the NFL as soon as this season depending on injuries. 

Well he did deserve to play in New York. I don't think that is debatable but you can disagree. He did more than just win a few games he turned a Bronco team around that had the worst record in football for the three seasons prior to him taking the helm. He won his first 7 of 8 and a playoff game. There are a ton of QBs playing right now that don't have that resume so it is not hyperbole or fantical to say the guy should be starting. What has hurt him is the fact that the Jets barely played him at all. A year off is like an eternity in the NFL. Like I said before, I think he will play again in the NFL as soon as this season depending on injuries.

There are also a ton of QBs who have records similar or better all over the NFL, but we don't have to keep going back and forth on an issue we will likely never agree on lol.

There are also a ton of QBs who have records similar or better all over the NFL, but we don't have to keep going back and forth on an issue we will likely never agree on lol.

Yes,

yes, I know. I get that people don't like Tebow. I like winners. I really don't care how it looks to be honest. The guys intangibles were off the chart. he does need to learn to throw better as at some point he needs to look the part to get the part.