Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerwynn Williams

mjsimans

I bet he will actually be our change of pace Back beginning next year for a couple reasons IF he learns the playbook and works hard and shows the same skills he did in college:

1.Brown cant stay healthy

2.Brown is in the final year of his deal

something donald brown is certainly not

Remember Lucks first ever pass in the preseason? Brown did okay on that pass.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Williams until I see him play against better competition. Sproles played major college ball, you could see the talent back then. I still remember how good he did against Ohio State in the bowl game even thogh his team was overmatched.

There's a reason Williams went so late in the draft.

That all being said, it's a no risk, high reward pick.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Williams until I see him play against better competition. Sproles played major college ball, you could see the talent back then. I still remember how good he did against Ohio State in the bowl game even thogh his team was overmatched.

I think RB is one of the few positions that it really doesn't matter where you play college ball at. You have a chance to be productive in the NFL. It is about ability, work ethic, and fit once you get to this level. All things that Williams seems to have for this team, especially as a returner. 

Yeah, we got excited about Devin Moore, he got leveled on the sidelines during a kick return. Deji Karim gave us moments but he is longer to be found.

I am not going to get too excited about those smaller speedy backs until I see them crack the roster and get on the field in game 1 of the regular season.

I think RB is one of the few positions that it really doesn't matter where you play college ball at. You have a chance to be productive in the NFL. It is about ability, work ethic, and fit once you get to this level. All things that Williams seems to have for this team, especially as a returner.

True, a good player is a good player. All I'm saying is that there's a big difference when everyone is a lot faster and a lot bigger than what you're used to seeing. Until we see Williams against NFL competition we really don't know how good he is, right?

Edge, Addai, and even Brown played major college ball. We had a pretty good idea what we were getting when we drafted them.

I'll say it again, there's a reason he didn't go until the 7th. I don't think it's realistic to expect 1st round talent.

True, a good player is a good player. All I'm saying is that there's a big difference when everyone is a lot faster and a lot bigger than what you're used to seeing. Until we see Williams against NFL competition we really don't know how good he is, right?

Edge, Addai, and even Brown played major college ball. We had a pretty good idea what we were getting when we drafted them.

I'll say it again, there's a reason he didn't go until the 7th. I don't think it's realistic to expect 1st round talent.

I think the main reason he was drafted was his return ability (I think he had the most KR in college football last year, with a very high average per return).  Grigs mentioned he gives us a 3rd down threat in an interview I saw -- but honestly, I believe that he was brought in mainly to improve our return game and b/c they think he may be able to show enough skill at RB to warrant parting ways with Carter. 

I like this pick a lot, b/c I think that Havili and Dan Moore (undrafted FB from Montana) can compete to serve as short-yard backs and may be better blockers than Carter (and hopefully be more durable).  I think having a true FB on the squad makes Carter expendable and it now makes perfect sense to have our 3rd RB as a big-play speed threat.  And I agree, this guy's speed is off the charts, but he was playing with weaker competition than most backs selected above him -- too early to judge him but I think he'll thrive as a return-man right off the bat and hopefully develop into a decent RB threat.

I think the main reason he was drafted was his return ability (I think he had the most KR in college football last year, with a very high average per return).  Grigs mentioned he gives us a 3rd down threat in an interview I saw -- but honestly, I believe that he was brought in mainly to improve our return game and b/c they think he may be able to show enough skill at RB to warrant parting ways with Carter. 

I like this pick a lot, b/c I think that Havili and Dan Moore (undrafted FB from Montana) can compete to serve as short-yard backs and may be better blockers than Carter (and hopefully be more durable).  I think having a true FB on the squad makes Carter expendable and it now makes perfect sense to have our 3rd RB as a big-play speed threat.  And I agree, this guy's speed is off the charts, but he was playing with weaker competition than most backs selected above him -- too early to judge him but I think he'll thrive as a return-man right off the bat and hopefully develop into a decent RB threat.

He actually only returned one kick last year. Maybe because he was playing more RB.

I checked how he did against their one big college game, Wisconsin. They weren't exactly a powerhouse either. Anyway, he was their main receiver but they bottled him up as a runner. He's going to seeing a lot tougher defenses than theirs in the NFL.

I hope he turns out to be the next Darren Sproles, but like Chad said, we expected Moore to be our burner too. Time will tell, I'll temper my expectations until we see him play.

He actually only returned one kick last year. Maybe because he was playing more RB.

I checked how he did against their one big college game, Wisconsin. They weren't exactly a powerhouse either. Anyway, he was their main receiver but they bottled him up as a runner. He's going to seeing a lot tougher defenses than theirs in the NFL.

I hope he turns out to be the next Darren Sproles, but like Chad said, we expected Moore to be our burner too. Time will tell, I'll temper my expectations until we see him play.

My apolgies, the numbers I read were over his career at USU, not just his last season.  Anyway, he returned 91 kicks for an average of 24.96 yards per kickoff -- the bulk of that came 2 years ago when he returned 53 kicks for over 27.245 yards/return.

Are you referring to the half-yard shovel pass...?  ;) 

The other parts I agree with. He's got potential, but has to prove himself, just like every guy we drafted or signed in free agency.

I'd also encourage you to keep an eye on Denodus O'Bryant, the UDFA we signed out of Lindenwood. Same mold as Williams, but seems to be a more complete back, albeit against very weak opposition. Will be fun to see all these guys battle it out this summer, because the no. 1 thing Grigs and co. achieved, is to create competition at nearly every spot on the roster. Competition breeds greatness IMO and will only make our team stronger. Onwards and upwards.

From watching tape of O'Bryant it seemed that he was a bigger back than his profile showed. After looking at his profile he had a lot more speed than it seemed like on film, and he wassmaller than what the tape showed.

Obryant seems to have quite a bit of talent. I could see him making the team.

I think he will do no less than make the practice squad. If so, say good bye

to Alvester Alexander.