Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I agree.  The Cards made some good moves.  Only problem is I don't see them being able to consistently compete with San Fran and Seattle.  I think they can still be a very good team, 10+ wins, but I just don't see them at the level of the 49ers and Seahawks yet

No way. Those two teams are just too good right now.

While we're on Arizona, it'll be good to see how Carson Palmer does. I think he'll do well.

Cards had a solid draft but  the Rams had the best from the NFC West. The Rams were 4-1-1 in their division i think the'll win it this year.

You think they'll win the NFC West? That's a bold statement!

I don't see that happening but its certainly not out of the question. Whoever wins it, the NFC West will probably be the most interesting division next year. And probably for the next few years.

I agree.  The Cards made some good moves.  Only problem is I don't see them being able to consistently compete with San Fran and Seattle.  I think they can still be a very good team, 10+ wins, but I just don't see them at the level of the 49ers and Seahawks yet

Interesting problem because the same could be said for every division. You could say we made good moves last year but are not on HOU level. The point would be HOU (just like SF & SEA) wont be able to keep their team for 5 years. ARI (just like us last year) brought in a foundation of young ballers that will be asking for mid-level contracts while SF & SEA are losing people to greed & FA. (BAL)

So I agree SF & SEA are up now - ARI & STL brought in a class that puts them in a position to even things out sooner than later.

Not seeing many mentions of Arizona in the "Draft winners" columns but I really think they knocked this draft out of the park!

Jonathan Cooper, Kevin Minter, Alex Okafor, Earl Watford, Stepfan Taylor, Ryan Swope and Tyrann Mathieu.

Mathieu causes controversy but the rest of those picks are all rock solid, right?

i think the cardinals were the ideal team for mathieu. He and Peterson were teammates at LSU. He may be able to keep him in check

I think the 49ers and Seahawks are the two best teams in the entire NFC.....

The Rams are one of the most improved.

So,  while I think Arians will do a good job with them,  I don't think there's anyway that team is going to win 10 games.

I see them finishing last with somewhere between 6-8 wins....

Cards had a great draft, but no team had as good a draft as St Louis, not even Minne.

With that being said, Zona had a good draft, but they failed to address major needs which isn't very good. However, they still got great talent and starters. That's always good.

I think the 49ers and Seahawks are the two best teams in the entire NFC.....

The Rams are one of the most improved.

So,  while I think Arians will do a good job with them,  I don't think there's anyway that team is going to win 10 games.

I see them finishing last with somewhere between 6-8 wins....

Anything can happen but, you are right. On paper this team looks to only be able to secure 6-8 wins. Even that is a tall order considering they would most likely have to split all games vs. division opponents. That could be a good thing though... teams that fight hard for the wins in a division like that can surely walk away with some wins that should not be on their record. Go get em Arians!

Anything can happen but, you are right. On paper this team looks to only be able to secure 6-8 wins. Even that is a tall order considering they would most likely have to split all games vs. division opponents. That could be a good thing though... teams that fight hard for the wins in a division like that can surely walk away with some wins that should not be on their record. Go get em Arians!

I may not like Bruce as an OC,  but I do love him as a Head Coach and a person....   I want his first job as a HC to go great!

But...   that said....   he's walked into a brutal situation....   incredibly tough conference....   he goes against great QB's and other  great coaches....   and he's also tied to a very poor and often dysfunctional organization.    I don't envy the man.

Hoping for the best....   just not expecting it....

No way. Those two teams are just too good right now.

While we're on Arizona, it'll be good to see how Carson Palmer does. I think he'll do well.

If the O-line can give him time, Palmer may have a career year throwing the Larry F. and Micheal Floyd.

What we are forgetting is that Jeff Fisher got the Rams to play real hard and they tied San Fran in one game and won the other. Jeff Fisher, as always, gets more out of less, like he did with the Titans over here in the AFC South.

Similarly, Bruce Arians, if you can get your guys to play hard, you stay in close games and those close games that you lost last year, you could win a few this year. It may not be enough to get a playoff berth but should be good to get close to .500, IMO.

Offensive tackle will still be an issue for them. I do think they improved considerably on the OG front.

Plus, they possibly got a very good pass blocking RB in Stepfan Taylor that will help out their QB a big deal (Arians thanked Andrew Luck for it by saying Andrew used to gush about him) as the last line of defense (something Beanie couldn't do well), and defensively, losing Ray Horton is a question mark, so we don't know for sure if that will have an impact.

But there will be a few games the Cardinals will win, that they are not expected to. They play like tigers at home, and paper tigers on the road, and that is my concern when the Colts play them at Zona.

Yes,  I thought the Cardinals had one of the better drafts as well....

Every team in that conference had a very good draft...

Seemingly overnight that entire conference when from nothing special,  to incredibly special with the snap of a finger....   Pretty shocking when you think about it....

Very, good and very deep conference loaded with good talent everywhere....

It's a good thing we don't play them this year.....        No.    Wait.     Uh-oh......

They stole our COACH...I know there was no way we could keep him, but I really believe we let a great coach get away...

The Cardinals didn't steal anyone.    And we didn't let a great coach get away.

Our OC wanted to become a head coach of his own team and Arizona gave him that chance.

What were the Colts supposed to do?     We couldn't stop him.     What's the point in offering him more.    His dream was to be a Head Coach.    He was 60 years old.    This was his one shot.    He took it.

No one did anything wrong.  

Not sure why this is a hard concept for you to grasp...  but it apparently is...     :scratch:      :dunno:

The Cardinals didn't steal anyone. And we didn't let a great coach get away.

Our OC wanted to become a head coach of his own team and Arizona gave him that chance.

What were the Colts supposed to do? We couldn't stop him. What's the point in offering him more. His dream was to be a Head Coach. He was 60 years old. This was his one shot. He took it.

Not sure why this is a hard concept for you to grasp... but it apparently is... :scratch::dunno:

there are several concepts that are tough for him to grasp

What were the Colts supposed to do?     We couldn't stop him.     What's the point in offering him more.    His dream was to be a Head Coach.    He was 60 years old.    This was his one shot.    He took it.

Not sure why this is a hard concept for you to grasp...  but it apparently is...     :scratch:      :dunno:

In a perfect world we would have gave him the head coaching job, but there is no way we could do this because of Pagano's tribulations...

I don't have trouble grasping anything...The reasoning behind what I say just went well over your head I guess,,,

I don't have trouble grasping anything...The reasoning behind what I say just went well over your head I guess,,,

You use 'reasoning'?!?     Really?!?

This is going to come as shocking news to your fellow Colt's fans,  most of whom clearly think you pull most everything you say straight out of your *** and don't use an ounce of reasoning!!     You just like to -- in your words -- "tell it like it is...."

That is typical code for.....  I don't care about facts, I only care about my opinion, especially if the facts say otherwise.

You know,  I'm sure the Cardinals would LOVE to have another fan!   Especially one from the midwest!    They even used TWO draft picks on running backs,  though in the interest of full disclosure,  neither was a high pick which you insist on,  but they're good backs!  And they took the Honey Badger too!   That seems like a great team for you to cheer for!     :thmup: 

It was so nice and peaceful here when you took some time off after the draft.....    nice and peaceful....

Oh well....     

You use 'reasoning'?!?     Really?!?

This is going to come as shocking news to your fellow Colt's fans,  most of whom clearly think you pull most everything you say straight out of your *** and don't use an ounce of reasoning!!     You just like to -- in your words -- "tell it like it is...."

That is typical code for.....  I don't care about facts, I only care about my opinion, especially if the facts say otherwise.

You know,  I'm sure the Cardinals would LOVE to have another fan!   Especially one from the midwest!    They even used TWO draft picks on running backs,  though in the interest of full disclosure,  neither was a high pick which you insist on,  but they're good backs!  And they took the Honey Badger too!   That seems like a great team for you to cheer for!     :thmup:

It was so nice and peaceful here when you took some time off after the draft.....    nice and peaceful....

Oh well....     

And quite boring...just saying...had to stir things up a bit till the next hiatus :)