Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3rd round pick: Who you would take?

It's time to take a guard.....

Warford will likely be gone....

But....

Hopefully we'll have options that include...

Winter, Frederick, Thornton and Baiey.... one of those four would work for me....

Scratch Frederick off the list, Cowboys took him at 31

Scratch Frederick off the list, Cowboys took him at 31

Yup.....   I had literally just posted this....   and I heard the audio from the other room.... 

And I was saying.....     "Wait?!?    What?!?    They took who?!?"

Only reached by at least 20-30 picks....

Is a cornerback in the realm of draft possibility? Leon McFadden or Jordan Poyer if they even make it to the third. I was wanting Jamie Collins in the third but this probably takes him out of our plans if he was in them

I'd love either of those.

Shamarko Thomas 

That is my pick too. RB might be the only offensive position we might think about since nothing was done in the offseason for it.

NT - Chapman, McKinney, Tevaseu, we needed to know where we were with them

3-4 DE - RJF, Redding, Moala, and part timers Nevis and Rico Mathews, again we needed time to sift through that mess

CBs - we addressed it in the offseason with a key signing

Safeties - we addressed it in FA with a key signing

OLs - we addressed it in FA with 2 key signings

That is why I firmly believe Sylvester Williams and Datone Jones were ignored. The serious dearth of depth was at 3-4 OLB and to me, this was a need pick more than BPA pick, at least it seems so on the surface.

So, to me, RB and DB seem logical since on the DB front, it was a big quality swap with Landry for Zbikowski and a big quality swap with Toler for Powers for our system. WR, we might wait it out for a year, I think.

We have our pass rusher on board. I expect basically all of the other QBs and a bunch of corners to go in the second round freeing up some very good trench players later in the mid rounds. I wouldn't be opposed to a trade up to grab a guy we want if the price isnt steep.

I'm kind of deflated by the Werner pick. I can't get excited about the third round because it should be another unsexy pick.

Never understood your dislike for Werner, but at least you're sticking to your guns.

I'm hoping Guard....

Winters,  Thornton,  maybe Bailey.

I'll be disappointed if one of them is not there when we pick.    Of course, Bailey might have a 4th round grade which may put him in contention a round later with someone like Baca.

So, I'd like a guard in the 3rd round and the best DB, corner or safety, either one,  in the 4th round.

If the 3rd round guards are gone,  then I hope we take the best DB, corner or safety in the 3rd round and try for a guard in the 4th round.

6th round,  a RB....

And our two 7th round picks.....   why BPA of course.....