Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Could Be The Colts Most Explosive Draft Class Ever!

Indyboy757

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this thread but I just can't but think what it would mean for this team if they were able to pull off sellecting two of the most explosive players to come out of the draft in some years. Before I continue I just want it to be known that I am aware of our needs, I know of the the off field issues of one of the players, and I know we already have Hilton. So first I'll start with the slot guy and he is the closest thing to Berry Sanders if you ask me and thats Mr Tavon Austin, and if you don't agree with that please, please youtube his name and watch his highlights. I know we would have to reach in order to get him but wow is he worth the risk and value. Second prospect is Tyrann Mathieu, thats right and before we start talking about his mistakes and issues and all the red flags ask yourself first have you ever needed a second chance, we all make mistakes and I think he has learned from his but the kid is a true baller and I can't help but to think of both of these guy on the same team how that would help both sides of the ball. Teams would be out of gas playing us before the half. I sure this would never happen and lot of fans would hate to see it happen because of what we would have to give up to make it happen but when you have some free time youtube them both, I think each one of these guys have bright careers ahead of them..

OK.....

Here's the problem with trying to get both of them.

First....   to move up to get Austin,  you'd trade the picks you'd need to also move up and get Mathieu...

So,   getting both would require picks from next year.

And, frankly,  these kids are simply not worth that.

The expense is way, Way, WAY too much.     The risk/reward ratio is WAY out of balance.

This isn't a hard decision,  so I'll pass on both...    as a duo and individually....

Sorry.....

I understand the fixation we all get with certain ingredients - my particular weakness right now is the D line followed closely by the O line.  In all my scenarios I tend to over emphasize those elements (which is why I'm glad I'm not the Colts GM).  

Austin could be as special as projected, and maybe in the new 2 hand touch NFL that the league is becoming players like Austin could have an exaggerated impact, but it is still hard for me to see someone of his stature having enough of a role to justify the hype. I prefer to seek rare - and at an NFL level he is not that rare to me.

I think the OP is going to be disappointed, I really doubt we take a skill player with our first two picks. Yes, both of those guys are good picks, but the chances of us moving up for a guy like Austin when we already have our share of waterbugs has to be near 0%.

OLB/DE, S, or G. Maybe CB if he's the BPA.

I think the OP is going to be disappointed, I really doubt we take a skill player with our first two picks. Yes, both of those guys are good picks, but the chances of us moving up for a guy like Austin when we already have our share of waterbugs has to be near 0%.

OLB/DE, S, or G. Maybe CB if he's the BPA.

Well said.  It seems especially remote that we'd give up picks to move up for offensive skill guys in a draft where Grigson agrees with the sentiment that the draft is rich in the trenches and DB's.

I stopped reading when I read Tavon Austin's name

:facepalm:

i made it a little further but had to stop after he made the comparison of Tavon Austin to Barry Sanders.

a better comparison to Tavon Austin is Percy Harvin or Steve Smith

i made it a little further but had to stop after he made the comparison of Tavon Austin to Barry Sanders.

a better comparison to Tavon Austin is Percy Harvin or Steve Smith

I'm trying to tell you guys most of you will be disappointed with Tavon. I really don't see him making the high explosive impact people are expecting him to make. Now he may be like a Desean Jackson and make a few plays but once people get a feel for him, it's a wrap. I've been trying to tell people this

But what do I know? I'm just a 18 year old who loves his apple juice

This is off topic, but NFL Network is showing our game vs the Packers right now

I've realized Satele is always "hype" when Redding or someone gives the pregame speech but Satale still plays like some garbage lol

Another sidenote, Donald Brown was pretty good in this game

no on the wr but id spend our third round pick on Tyrann Mathieu. yea yea drug problem and all that, but the guy misses a whole year and isnt looked at as a 6 7th round pcik tells me this kid can ball.

There's no way to know on Mathieu because the rumors and speculation are all over the place,  but I don't get the sense that he'll be around when we pick in the 3rd round (86)....    I think he'll be long gone...

There's no way to know on Mathieu because the rumors and speculation are all over the place,  but I don't get the sense that he'll be around when we pick in the 3rd round (86)....    I think he'll be long gone...

teams may stay away from him because of all the rumors and speculation leaving him to fall to us at 86.

I don't want Austin. TBH, I see Austin as a bust. Even if he's not, he WILL NOT be the best WR in this draft.

Book it.

And mathieu? Needing a second chance?

Yeah, LSU tried to give him a second chance. And a third. He couldn't handle them. He's too small, and he's going to be a nickel at best at the next level. The guy will get eaten alive by bigger receivers at this level. 

No, no no. 

I dont see us drafting a WR until maybe the 6th or with one of our 7th rounders. Mathieu i dont see even being around after the 3rd round. someone like washington may end up drafting him to help out their secondary.  if he fell to us in the 4th round, then yeah i would love to see us take him. mistakes or not I still think he could be a good nickel back for us. but forget about tavon austin he wont make it past Minnesota

2013 is probably the best draft class for depth for teams across the league, no matter which position you want. No superstar players but a lot of good players well into round 3 and later, IMO. 

No superstars it seems, but there will be great players from this draft. It's just a matter of finding them.