Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 24th pick the Colts select.....

If the difference between 20 and 40 is not that huge, I'd go for Robert Woods or Johnathan Banks, one of whom will definitely be there even if DeAndre Hopkins, Rhodes, Trufant, and Tavon Austin are all gone. We will get a quality player then that produced on the field, regardless of what their schools did or how they did at the combine.

I think Teo will be a very good NFL player.....

But I'm more of a fan of using a mid-round pick for certain positions.   And inside linebacker, for me,  is one of them.

I think first round picks need to be at premium positions and ILB is not one anymore.   More times than not they come off the field on passing downs for a 3rd corner.

That's why teams will spend a 1st round pick on a 3rd corner.    

So, not only wouldn't I take Teo,  I wouldn't take Ogletree, or Minter or any other ILB as well.   It's a 7-round draft for a reason.

I like Teo, he rarely takes a false step when reading his keys, it's like he is a step ahead of everybody else on his defense when diagnosing and reading and reacting to plays(outside of the Alabama game) and a sure tackler. I don't see why people are so down on Teo besides the championship game and that ridiculous off the field stuff, other than that the guy is as smart as they come on the field, he has that leadership quality on the field, he is a stud to me. Pair him with Freeman and let's go to work

I'd draft Tyler Eifort before I touched this kid and we have zero need at TE....The absolute worst pick we could make would be Teo, I'll take anybody over him...

Nah, the absolute worst pick we could make would be a RB. :P  I wouldn't be entirely upset with Teo if the other guys I'd prefer are off the board and there's no trade back option.

id perfer ogletree over te'o wouldnt mind te'o but im sure hes not BPA  especially if Rhodes Trufant or Hayden r there or even Datone Jones or a pass rusher like Tank carradine  if there all gone id trade but to select larry warford    which we als ocould pick up adecent pass rusher in 3rd round with names like corey lemonier  Trevado Williams   or in 4th chase thomas

With the 24th pick in the draft..a team other than the Colts will be picking..as we will have traded down, and out of the 1st round..more than likely for a 2nd and 4th round pick.

hmm..if we trade completely out of the first round then I hope we get more back than just a 2nd and 4th.  at the very least I'd hope we get a 2nd or 3rd in 2014 along with that. 

Manti Teo, MLB, Notre Dame.

How would you feel and why?

(Keep it strictly football because that other stuff truly has no bearing on how he will perform as a pro.)

A very solid pick,..he played 40 games at ND....its foolish to judge him by the last one...

He is very, very good and with Pat Angerer iffy health wise...I'd welcome him

He'd be very popular with the Colts, as well...but I dont know if we need him

But I dont think there's any chance he'll be available when Indy drafts.

Minnesota (with 2 picks) almost certainly will take him.

Wont be the BPA but I still like him, He will be a very good player, maybe even great

I have to ask - where do you get he won't be the BPA when the Colts' pick comes up? I mean to truly know that answer you need access to Grigson's board.