Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network looks at the Colts Draft Possibilities....

NewColtsFan

I like Cyprien alot but 1st round selections should be starting right away in most cases and I think he falls under that category, the problem? We currently have a starting FS whos not to shabby in his own right, How Bethea played last year was overblown to an extent in my opinion, we had Cassius Vaughn out there and an inconsistent pass rush thats 2 handicaps. With all that said there is 1 scenario we could make it happen

Bethea will be 29 by the time the season starts, which is not old by a long shot but it does mean he is getting closer to 30 and around age alot of players tend to lose more value because teams know that sure they may be around a few more years but they dont have time on there side like  rookie does, So we could trade him and likely get a mid round pick for him- lets say 3rd maybe 4th at the most just to be safe and from there we can draft Cyprien and he can play from day 1

For me-I keep Bethea and draft a FS in the later rounds that can sit for a year or two then we can trade Bethea while he still has value (if that FS behind him we potentially draft is coming along real good) and get a mid round pick in the process

there is nothing wrong with drafting for the future. and landry is injury prone. i wouldnt be upset if we drafted cyprien. plus trade bethea draft day for a second rounder and maybe a 4th rounder

Simon is a freaking hoss. I'm a Buckeye fan and he would be a great look later on but he has very little experience as an OLB. He played with his hand in the dirt primarily so I don't know how well he'd transition to OLB'er. He reminds me a lot of Jason Babin.

I read somewhere that Simon looked surprisingly good in LB drills at his pro day

there is nothing wrong with drafting for the future. and landry is injury prone. i wouldnt be upset if we drafted cyprien. plus trade bethea draft day for a second rounder and maybe a 4th rounder

A 2nd and a 4th for Bethea??? :funny: . Stars hardly get that much and Bethea is nowhere near a star. He's a solid player but thats it. It amazes me that with the long history of trades in the NFL that fans still way overvalue trade value's for players. If Bethea was even tradable at all, we would be lucky to get a 5th or 6th for him.

How is Landry injury prone? He hasn't been injured since he left the Skins. He played all 16 last year & made the pro bowl

How is Landry injury prone? He hasn't been injured since he left the Skins. He played all 16 last year & made the pro bowl

Agreed. You'd think after our years with 'ol Glass Bob Sanders that we would recognize the appropriate usage of "injury prone". 

I'm not a huge talent evaluator of players coming out of college I don't watch tape and only watch my team play lol but I'm sure ill be happy with anyone we pick except the Mathieu

Same as me. If they're not coming outta Texas or TCU, I probably won't know them.

But since we're talking about it, your MSU (I think you were the MSU fan lol) got any CB's or Pass Rushers coming in the draft?

Same as me. If they're not coming outta Texas or TCU, I probably won't know them.

But since we're talking about it, your MSU (I think you were the MSU fan lol) got any CB's or Pass Rushers coming in the draft?

Idk many on this years team I didn't watch as much this year but I don't watch college football as often as bball that's why I'm a MSU fan football is a bonus really lol only football I cover hardcore Is colts haha

Idk many on this years team I didn't watch as much this year but I don't watch college football as often as bball that's why I'm a MSU fan football is a bonus really lol only football I cover hardcore Is colts haha

You let me down man, you let me down. You supposed to be on top of your MSU haha

not sure he would be a stud it could be all hype rooting from the lying he was doing think about it. . .would he be that all interesting without all the hype from the media there could be someone better they even said he didnt perform all that good at the combine

Te'o would be a stud playing ILB for the Colts. Him and Freeman. Wow!

I think we look long and hard at inside defensive and offensive line and lb in round 1. Redding is very long in the tooth and we still have Mcglynn starting at guard. Also a pass rushing OLB wouldn't surprise me as Mathis isn't getting any younger. That would be my accessment. I have no clue who will be on the board when we pick...this thing is such a crap shoot. Wouldn't be surprised to see us trade back to the top of the second rd and get another 3rd rounder or something out of it but I just have a feeling we go DE and get someone with a motor to create a pass rush on the interior....Redding is a great leader but I don't see him playing forever. We look very solid on defense....better than we have in years...but I don't know where the pass rush will come from...not saying we won't have it..but outside Mathis (who benefited a lot of yrs from the attention to Freeney) I feel confident we look at people that will play on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

Won't happen is pretty definitive.  I don't like the idea of Teo, but if Grigson seems something, I wouldn't complain.  All I can say is, our needs are just about even across the board.  We have carry overs at ILB from our cover 2 scheme, and aside from Freeman, none were hand picked by Grigson.  I could seem him wanting to bring in his guy at that position.

Please no Te'o. I would be very hesitant on spending a first round pick on someone who doesn't really seem to be all there. If he were in the league and were a FA, a la McClain, I would be all for giving him a cheap one year deal and seeing how he plays, but a first round pick? No thanks.

I have no clue as to who the Colts take but keep in mind rookie contracts are pretty cheap in the big picture.  Your opinion may not be true as far as him being all there. If the talent level is there I am sure his immaturity issues could be addressed. 

A 2nd and a 4th for Bethea??? :funny: . Stars hardly get that much and Bethea is nowhere near a star. He's a solid player but thats it. It amazes me that with the long history of trades in the NFL that fans still way overvalue trade value's for players. If Bethea was even tradable at all, we would be lucky to get a 5th or 6th for him.

IMO Bethea couldn't be a star in the secondary he was in,he will deffenately be better now that he has help.Just how good we shall see.Don't think hes Pro Bowl material tho,but also think it would be a mistake to trade him.Im excited to see them play with the upgrades

If Team Grigson believes Sidbury and Walden are the next 3-4 version of Mathis and Freeney, then Teo doesn't really sound all that far fetched either.  I don't personally want him, but weirder things have happened.

Look, I understand the optimism with signing FA's in the off season... but Sidbury/Walden being the new Mathis/Freeney????

And also, Teo's incredibly overrated.

Look, I understand the optimism with signing FA's in the off season... but Sidbury/Walden being the new Mathis/Freeney????

And also, Teo's incredibly overrated.

I think Ogletree's even more overrated. This just isn't the class for a 1st round ILB. I wouldn't mind AJ Klein later in the draft. 

And yeah, if there's a DE or OLB worth the pick, nobody we signed was good enough to knock those guys off the draft board. I'd be fine with Justin Hunter and John Simon (or an interior linemen) as our first two picks.