Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

one more guard

Shepman

We didn't sign him last year when we were looking for guard help due to injury I just don't think Grigson is interested in him.

Ā 

It sure does look that way. That's one thing that I think would have tremendously improved our team last year. On the flip side, Jake Scott reportedly didn't appreciate the way the Colts handled his free agency back in 2008, so maybe he's the one not interested. Either way, I doubt he's ever suiting up for us again.

Ā 

I agree with the OP -- we need another guard. I bet we grab one in the draft.

It sure does look that way. That's one thing that I think would have tremendously improved our team last year. On the flip side, Jake Scott reportedly didn't appreciate the way the Colts handled his free agency back in 2008, so maybe he's the one not interested. Either way, I doubt he's ever suiting up for us again.

Ā 

I agree with the OP -- we need another guard. I bet we grab one in the draft.

But that was Bill Polian's work. Why would he hold it against Grigson and an entirely new regime?

But that was Bill Polian's work. Why would he hold it against Grigson and an entirely new regime?

Once your feelings get hurt, its hard to change your mind...

If Jake Scott really was irritated with his offer in 2008 he probably got irritated with the franchise in general, hard to change that once its happened, there are 31 other franchises in the NFL...

just saying...

Since we seem to be a fan of the one year "show me contracts" I would LOVE to see us sign Branden Moore from the Jets to one of these..with his talent and experence and at the age of 33 a one year contract would be perfect.

Since we seem to be a fan of the one year "show me contracts" I would LOVE to see us sign Branden Moore from the Jets to one of these..with his talent and experence and at the age of 33 a one year contract would be perfect.

I agree why not give this guy a 1 year deal and if we do draft a guard like I hope they can learn from a very reliable guard.

I totally agree that G is an area of need, not only for protecting #12 but also to open up runnin lanes. Warmack nor Cooper will be there (well possibly Cooper), but we don't need a mediocre G. One of these 2 or similar would be a huge help/necessity.

If we don't get Warmack i personally and objectively say we should take Barrett either in the second(trade) or third I've seen him play every position on the line at bama and his best year was at guard to me at least... He's more of a jack of all trades and master of none type player but this is still good a guy like him automatically gives us depth at every position on the line

Totally, lots of good Guard prospects in the draft, I wouldnt mind if Grigson bit on a pair of them in the draft, especially if one was either of the C-G prospects Barrett Jones or Brian Schwenke...

One senario I like is trade back to 2nd grab warford then in the 3rd grab jones to play C

Or we could get a good young DE to replace redding soon then in the 3rd grab winters and 4th maybe a C

I totally agree that G is an area of need, not only for protecting #12 but also to open up runnin lanes. Warmack nor Cooper will be there (well possibly Cooper), but we don't need a mediocre G. One of these 2 or similar would be a huge help/necessity.

Your statement of Cooper possibly sounds awesome I would be ecstatic if he fell to us I'm gonna hope your right haha

What is your thoughts on trying to bring back Jake Scott? Only problem I see is how much he values his services but he is a good guard that could end his career back in Indy.

Lets see how Iljalana does, or if Reitz can stay healthy. I think there's enough talent on the roster to push McGlynn to a backup spot.

Grigson has conveyed his disdain for starting a first year O-Lineman over a first year DB. I think we will draft and OL, but not til the later rounds .

Ā 

Ā 

It is amazing how many times Grigson's quote gets misconstrued. He don't have a disdain for starting rookie O-lineman. He was simply asked if he had his choice to start a rookie CB or a rookie O-lineman, which would he choose. He answered rookie CB's, because sometimes the speed of the game is too much for rookie O-lineman, but I can assure you, that if Warmack or Cooper somehow fell to our pick, he would have no problem choosing either one and starting them next season.Ā 

Nobody minus the dolphins have shown Moore any attention which is weird because hes a reliable 16 game starter and solid.

One senario I like is trade back to 2nd grab warford then in the 3rd grab jones to play C

Or we could get a good young DE to replace redding soon then in the 3rd grab winters and 4th maybe a C

I like Bailey in the 4th also if Warmack, Warford, Cooper are all gone before theĀ 24th in the first...

get one in the draft(Warford)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I would take Warford with the 24th pick. He has a 1st rd. grade so taking him at 24 and filling an extremely big need isn't out of the question. I find it comical when people say he isn't worth the 24th pick. Actually right now he's graded higher than Cooper on NFL.com and seems to be rising everywhere. People are fooling themselves if they think he won't be an option at 24.Ā 

I would take Warford with the 24th pick. He has a 1st rd. grade so taking him at 24 and filling an extremely big need isn't out of the question. I find it comical when people say he isn't worth the 24th pick. Actually right now he's graded higher than Cooper on NFL.com and seems to be rising everywhere. People are fooling themselves if they think he won't be an option at 24.Ā 

that is what I feel but as a UK fan I may be a bit partial

that is what I feel but as a UK fan I may be a bit partial

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I don't think you are. Warford is a real possibility and I would love to have him. Out of all the popular names that people float around here at different positions, Warford is higher graded than...

Ā 

CB's - Rhodes, Trufant.

OLBer's - Werner, Demontre Moore, Datone Jones

WR's - Hopkins, Allen, Patton

Ā 

So if people are really interested in BPA as they say they are, It's very possible that Warford could be the BPA when we pick.

I don't think you are. Warford is a real possibility and I would love to have him. Out of all the popular names that people float around here at different positions, Warford is higher graded than...

Ā 

CB's - Rhodes, Trufant.

OLBer's - Werner, Demontre Moore, Datone Jones

WR's - Hopkins, Allen, Patton

Ā 

So if people are really interested in BPA as they say they are, It's very possible that Warford could be the BPA when we pick.

nicely put

Grigson has conveyed his disdain for starting a first year O-Lineman over a first year DB. I think we will draft and OL, but not til the later rounds .

Ā 

Ā 

Stop trying to pimp that out-of-context nonsense.

Ā 

Ā 

Liked Brian Casserly's Post

Ā 

lollygaggers post should be edited (because it is intellectually dishonest) and he should be given a warning for intentionally misrepresenting the General Manager of the Indianapolis Colts' words.

lollygaggers post should be edited (because it is intellectually dishonest) and he should be given a warning for intentionally misrepresenting the General Manager of the Indianapolis Colts' words.

Ā 

Do you have any idea how many posts would be edited and how many (more) warnings would be given out by that criteria?

Ā 

By the way, half of the news headlines I see anymore are intellectually dishonest. It's almost epidemic at this point.

Do you have any idea how many posts would be edited and how many (more) warnings would be given out by that criteria?

Ā 

I'd venture a guess that you can't find 5 posts (not concerning Grigson's preference between Oline and CB) where Grigson's words have been so willfully misrepresented. It should be stopped. It isn't some nonsensical misunderstanding. It is quite clear that he is being intellectually dishonest and intentionally twisting the words of the General Manager of the Indianapolis Colts. On THAT alone he should be given a warning.Ā 

Ā 

Lol.....intellectually dishonest?Ā 

Ā 

I agree maybe disdain was used incorrectly, but you just called me dumb and a liar.Ā 

Ā 

If I had a glove and you were in front of me, I'd challenge you to a duel.Ā 

Lol.....intellectually dishonest?

I agree maybe disdain was used incorrectly, but you just called me dumb and a liar.

If I had a glove and you were in front of me, I'd challenge you to a duel.

*Sips apple juice & waits for duel to commence*

Ā 

By the way, half of the news headlines I see anymore are intellectually dishonest. It's almost epidemic at this point.

No, it's a full blown epidemic. Sadly, it's just not the headlines.