Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Going Out On A Limb....

Luck_Is_Skilled

With the 24th pick the Colts select Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina.

We want a powerful running game and I don't see there being a better back in this draft.

Thoughts?

I'd love to have Lattimore, but they wouldn't spend out 1st round pick on him. We have bigger needs than RB.

With the 24th pick the Colts select Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina.

We want a powerful running game and I don't see there being a better back in this draft.

Thoughts?

I believe people are underestimating that we could take a RB with #24. That said, Lattimore will likely not contribute until 2014, and that will drop his draft status. He might be worth the gamble with our third, and then we IR him for 2013.

I'd love to have Lattimore, but they wouldn't spend out 1st round pick on him. We have bigger needs than RB.

Admittedly this would be a luxury pick but many of the teams who have picked RB's late in the first made luxury picks.

not going to happen even if Lattimore had a 1st Round grade

Save for a couple freak injuries, Lattimore had a chance to be a top 5-10 pick. He is certainly on the level of Rent Richardson talent wise.

I believe people are underestimating that we could take a RB with #24. That said, Lattimore will likely not contribute until 2014, and that will drop his draft status. He might be worth the gamble with our third, and then we IR him for 2013.

Lattimore is said to have been very impressive at his pro day and I've no doubt he could contribute immediately. See Willis McGahee for reference.

I'm calling it right now, with this guys gruesome injury and being a RB, which is a position hardly any team value's anymore, won't be drafted til the 5th rd. at the earliest. IMO he could very well go undrafted and I don't care if anybody agree's with me at all. Every yr. people predict some guy to go in the 3rd or 4th rd. and then they go completely undrafted because fans always over value players.

I'm calling it right now, with this guys gruesome injury and being a RB, which is a position hardly any team value's anymore, won't be drafted til the 5th rd. at the earliest. IMO he could very well go undrafted and I don't care if anybody agree's with me at all. Every yr. people predict some guy to go in the 3rd or 4th rd. and then they go completely undrafted because fans always over value players.

All I'm saying is there is adifference between freak injuries and injury prone. If we could somehow get this guy at any point in the draft he'd be a huge steal of healthy.

Lattimore is said to have been very impressive at his pro day and I've no doubt he could contribute immediately. See Willis McGahee for reference.

He was impressive for walking and lightly running at his pro day. No speed or cut drills.

He's chancy at a 3rd. But a 4? Why not?

All I'm saying is there is adifference between freak injuries and injury prone. If we could somehow get this guy at any point in the draft he'd be a huge steal of healthy.

IMO one of the last positions we even need to think about is RB. Ballard will be good and Brown needs a shot behind a real O-line. It also don't matter if it was a freak injury or not, the point is, his knee had to look like a piece of shredded wheat after that injury. It's highly unlikely it will ever have the stability it once did. Some team may take a chance on him late in the draft, but I doubt it will be us and like I said, It wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes undrafted.

That's a limb that is hanging over the cliff of a mountain!

Good player, but his chances of playing and being productive this year are not too high.

Also we can find productive running backs later in the draft or possibly in UFA.

He was impressive for walking and lightly running at his pro day. No speed or cut drills.

He's chancy at a 3rd. But a 4? Why not?

Because he plays a low value position and has blown out both knees in the span of two years.

It's said that he cught pasees and RAN agility drills. No way did he jog through an NFL pro day.

He did jog out for a couple passes. No speed or cutting. It's amazing he could do that. He was applauded for his effort, which was IMHO, incredible after that injury. He should take off 13, and some team may have a nice back in 14. Like I said, chancy at 3, but I'd take him at 4.

(this is from Yahoo sports). "He did 15-20 minutes of rehab drills to show the strength and movement in his knee. That doesn't take away from his accomplishment at pro day."

He did jog out for a couple passes. No speed or cutting. It's amazing he could do that. He was applauded for his effort, which was IMHO, incredible after that injury. He should take off 13, and some team may have a nice back in 14. Like I said, chancy at 3, but I'd take him at 4.

(this is from Yahoo sports). "He did 15-20 minutes of rehab drills to show the strength and movement in his knee. That doesn't take away from his accomplishment at pro day."

A 4th is still too high IMO. Plenty of good talent left in the 4th rd. and talent that hasn't had both knee's blown out and one of them completely shredded. I doubt that knee will ever have the proper stability in it again.