Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calling it now

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dark horse call is Johnathan Cyprien, SS, from Florida International. With Bethea a free agent next year, this move makes sense to me from a future perspective, from a leverage and insurance point of view.

It also gives Pagano what is called a "Star" safety, the hybrid safety that can handle an LB responsibility in the running game, to play 3 safety looks in a nickel, whether it is 3-3-5 or 4-2-5. This would allow us play no huddle teams without substitution, IMO.

Tyler Tyler Tyler, you have it all wrong. We're drafting Matt Barkley. Grigson said Andrew Luck just isn't doing it for us. Barkley FTW

lmao

Psssh, you guys are trading that first-rounder for Tebow and a disgruntled Bart Scott.

Psssh, you guys are trading that first-rounder for Tebow and a disgruntled Bart Scott.

No way, we are trading newly acquired Broncos' fax machine (for Cassius Vaughn who ironically came from Denver) for Texans' DBs; both of them get there a tad late, so it is an even exchange  :).

Hmm, Irsay said we were getting Gabbert haha

You know what...that wasn't even funny. We were having good humor-filled exchanges in this thread and you have to go and mention Gabbert. The horridness of that player is no joking matter TK. haha

I still believe you can't determine who the BPA is until you've seen who has gone at picks #1-#23.

Not this again....

Obviously this is my opinion and it based on my own uneducated projections on what I think Grigson does and how I think he will rate players.

Not this again....

Obviously this is my opinion and it based on my own uneducated projections on what I think Grigson does and how I think he will rate players.

My point, in this thread only, is that you CANNOT determine who the BPA is until you know who is there.  For all anyone knows, every team could pass on Tavon Austin because of his stature (5-8 180), despite being billed by many to be a top 15 talent.

Your suggestion that the BPA won't be a receiver suggests that you know who will be picked in slots #1-#23.  The reality is, no one knows exactly what will happen with the pick ahead of them, thus the reason that the Browns traded up 1 pick to draft Richardson despite knowing that the Vikings were going to draft Kalil.

Again, BPA is a tried and true philosophy in many respects, but you can't claim nor suggest that the BPA at #24 won't be a receiver.  You have no idea who is going to fall in this draft, nor how Grigson has anyone valued.  There might be a pass rusher that "falls" to 24, but the reality will be that he fell for one reason or another.  Perhaps Grigson doesn't have a reason for him to have fallen that far, and selects him.  Or perhaps, he, like other GMs, found a character flaw that suggests that despite having top talent, he doesn't have the mental makeup or desire to be worthy of that selection (think Tony Ugoh).

I'm just saying that projecting a BPA #24 picks down in the draft is truly foolish.

I' ll be surprised if we pass on a tall WR in the 1st round.

Tall?  Meh.  We want talent.

Rodney Smith should be passed on in the first round, and he is one of the tallest receivers at 6-5.  If you're referring to a talented big body guy like Hopkins, I could see your point.  But I'd think height is one of the lowest possible factors on who we're considering in the first.

My point, in this thread only, is that you CANNOT determine who the BPA is until you know who is there.  For all anyone knows, every team could pass on Tavon Austin because of his stature (5-8 180), despite being billed by many to be a top 15 talent.

Your suggestion that the BPA won't be a receiver suggests that you know who will be picked in slots #1-#23.  The reality is, no one knows exactly what will happen with the pick ahead of them, thus the reason that the Browns traded up 1 pick to draft Richardson despite knowing that the Vikings were going to draft Kalil.

Again, BPA is a tried and true philosophy in many respects, but you can't claim nor suggest that the BPA at #24 won't be a receiver.  You have no idea who is going to fall in this draft, nor how Grigson has anyone valued.  There might be a pass rusher that "falls" to 24, but the reality will be that he fell for one reason or another.  Perhaps Grigson doesn't have a reason for him to have fallen that far, and selects him.  Or perhaps, he, like other GMs, found a character flaw that suggests that despite having top talent, he doesn't have the mental makeup or desire to be worthy of that selection (think Tony Ugoh).

I'm just saying that projecting a BPA #24 picks down in the draft is truly foolish.

I am not doing this again because you are just too much to handle with your constant repetition of the same point whilst ignoring what I say.

If I was coming up with MY mock draft, and if I was coming up with MY big board, I would predict that WR will not be BPA at #24. Why would mock drafts and top 50/100 player articles exist if not to attempt to project what will happen in the draft? You can predict things based on the schemes of the teams ahead on you, past experience of drafts, players with injuries, undersized players etc etc etc. These predictions may not materialize, but at least they have basis.

How is your argument that Austin could drop, any different from the argument that as pass rusher could drop? (Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question)

IF a receiver is taken it will be Hopkins or Hunter.  Austin is a slot guy, Woods blows compared to Hopkins and Hunter, Patterson will be gone, and Hopkins and Hunter are both better than Allen now and have better upside.  In the end Patterson and Hunter will be the best receivers in the draft followed close by Hopkins.  And yes my crystal ball told me.