Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did the colts sign anybody today?

Freenyfan102

No.

Hate to say it, but unless something changes this free agency has been a disappointment. Not because we didn't go after a "big" name, but because I'm not really sure we upgraded our team much, especially when we had all this money to do so.

-We traded Freeney for Walden (I think we got worse there)

-We traded Powers for Toler (Even)

-Lawrence Sidbury is a career backup. Hasn't done anything yet.

-Cherilus fills a big need, but at a huge price. Last year he was benched during a game (Vikings game)

-Thomas is probably our best sign thus far and that's saying something. He was a backup in New England and filled in well when called upon. Still not really proven.

Let's stop acting like we know personnel better than Grigs and Pagano. Some of you same people were the ones dissing the signing of T.Y. on the day he was drafted along with others. Let the plan work out before you start cursing what our GM and coach is doing.

We were very close to deals with Vasquez and Avril according to twitter. I'll believe it when I see it.

No we weren't. Never were. Vasquez and Avril rumors were BEFORE free agency started and that was people just saying "The Colts will have interest."

Totally different situation, Landry was actually at the Colts complex today.

NO BUT HERE IS A IDEA DARIUS HEYWARD BEY, SIZE-STRENGTH-SPEED,SHOULD TAKE A CHANCE ON HIM CUZ AFTER ALL HE PLAYED FOR OAKLAND WHICH SUX.

The problem with DHB is simple.

4.3 speed.    5.3 hands.     That's a bad combination.

Plus,  he only runs a couple of routs.   And they're all deep.    It's not hard to figure out what he's going to do.

You know the play that Avery scored on to win the game vs. Detroit?    DHB is not going to do that.   Avery could and did.

There are other WR options I'd prefer to DHB.

No we weren't. Never were. Vasquez and Avril rumors were BEFORE free agency started and that was people just saying "The Colts will have interest."

Totally different situation, Landry was actually at the Colts complex today.

Check all the threads and retweets from the past two days that say the Colts are closing in a deal with Avril and Vasquez. They're all over the place. All of it is mostly just B.S.

Check all the threads and retweets from the past two days that say the Colts are closing in a deal with Avril and Vasquez. They're all over the place. All of it is mostly just B.S.

If you bring me one, with a reliable source then I'll agree with you. Never saw any of those.

If you bring me one, with a reliable source then I'll agree with you. Never saw any of those.

I never said they were reliable sources. Most infact were sources Ive never heard of which is why I said I wouldn't be so quick to trust anything said on twitter. There's a thread on the main page with a link saying we were gonna sign Landry, Avril (stated a deal was very close), and Jean-Francois today. Whoever the Ravens insider was that keeps getting retweeted over here stated he heard strong possibilities if the Colts signing Avril. Until i see see ESPN report it, I'm gonna be skeptical. Not saying the Landry signing isnt true, there's just been a ton of smoke blowing the last two days.

I never said they were reliable sources. Most infact were sources Ive never heard of which is why I said I wouldn't be so quick to trust anything said on twitter. There's a thread on the main page with a link saying we were gonna sign Landry, Avril (stated a deal was very close), and Jean-Francois today. Whoever the Ravens insider was that keeps getting retweeted over here stated he heard strong possibilities if the Colts signing Avril. Until i see see ESPN report it, I'm gonna be skeptical. Not saying the Landry signing isnt true, there's just been a ton of smoke blowing the last two days.

Well, Landry HASN'T been signed yet. Reports are that he's close (reports from Jason LaCanfora from CBS sports and Manish Mehta, who covers the Jets). Of course it can fall through, but those are some reliable sources.

Just hope it gets done.

I personally dont like what Grigson has done so far, with all the money we had to spend on high quality players, we end up with a bunch of scrubs that probably no other team in the league had any interest in. At best we got backup players, instead of getting some really good players especially when we had the money this year to get them. This opportunity that we had will most likely not happen again in the foreseeable future, and Grigson blew it! VERY DISAPOINTED!!!!

I don't care anymore anyway lol, they aren't going to sign anybody that any of the fans want(which is smart). I am ready for the draft

Agree, a bunch of scrubs that will be lucky to make to week one of the regular season.

Agree, a bunch of scrubs that will be lucky to make to week one of the regular season.

You obviously haven't paid much attention.. A bunch of scrubs?? do you know anything about football? Cherilus can blow people up at the line of scrimmage and blocks very very well.. Toler has some good abilitites and under Pagano can hone his craft and become very good.  Pagano knows how to teach DB's not to mention he's big and fast which is a leathal combination for DB's.  Thomas has a lot of potential and is better than of our guards currently on our team.  Whalden isn't playing the rush linebacker spot and will be switching over to the side mathis was on last year because he has better coverage skills than Mathis, who will be getting back to primarily rushing the passter.  Sidbury i'm not happy about.  Not to mention we just upgraded our safty positon by inking Landry to a four year deal!  Get witht the program.

LaRon Landry just signed - 4 years $24 million w/ 14 mil guaranteed. BIG SIGNING. Hope this quiets some of the Grigson haters now, because that's a big name at a position of need. Super pumped about this deal!

Obviously health is a concern, but he played all 16 games last year and tallied up 100 tackles. Landry/Bethea is a dynamite safety tandem. Throw in Davis/Toler and our secondary just got a lot better in the past 2 days.