Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keenan Lewis.

scousecolt

On Keenan Lewis I have just done a bit of research, not sure why he isn't mentioned more as a CB option for us. Lewis was second only to Richard Sherman in passes defended this season (23), he also had 71 tackles. He's only 26 and is used to playing in a 34 defense with the Steelers. He's 6 foot tall, 208 pounds.

His combine measurements from 2009 were:

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2 (higher than Vontae Davis)
Broad Jump: 10'10" (Higher than Vontae Davis)
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.42
3-Cone Drill: 6.89 (Vontae had 6.80)
32 3/4-inch arm length
9 3/4-inch hands

He sounds like an ideal cornerback for the Colts 34 defense in ability, size, speed and experience.

What's his 40 time? I would love to have Lewis on this football team, i think him and Aqib Talib are being under-talked about around here. Lewis wuld be my first choice due to the potential to be young breakout from nowhere star like Richard Sherman. 

4.47 40 he ran in 2009.

IMO....Lewis is the best quality/value CB we could pursue in free agency.

NOTE: IGNORE his interception numbers....this guy breaks up passes and from down to down is one of the best rated CBs when it comes to pass defense and run support.

Exactly, I'd take lots of PDs over a couple of INTs at any time.

NOTE: IGNORE his interception numbers....this guy breaks up passes and from down to down is one of the best rated CBs when it comes to pass defense and run support.

He's the same age as Margus Hunt coming out the draft now, so age is a big bonus, also means plenty of learning left in him.

As RomanianColtsFan said i'd take lots of deflected passes over a few INTs.

They play a lot of zone in Pittsburgh.

I was reading a Steelers blog about him and the writer pointed out how much he's improved in man-to-man coverage, so guessing from that he can play it.

On Keenan Lewis I have just done a bit of research, not sure why he isn't mentioned more as a CB option for us. Lewis was second only to Richard Sherman in passes defended this season (23), he also had 71 tackles. He's only 26 and is used to playing in a 34 defense with the Steelers. He's 6 foot tall, 208 pounds.

His combine measurements from 2009 were:

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20

Vertical Jump: 38 1/2 (higher than Vontae Davis)

Broad Jump: 10'10" (Higher than Vontae Davis)

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.42

3-Cone Drill: 6.89 (Vontae had 6.80)

32 3/4-inch arm length

9 3/4-inch hands

He sounds like an ideal cornerback for the Colts 34 defense in ability, size, speed and experience.

Notice he didn't say Lewis is slow

Oh yeah!!! I have always been glad the Steelers had a bad season because of this guy. He is just as talented as Cary Williams with less mouth and less team success.

I would love to have him after a down year for the Steelers.

My free agent wish list was:

OL: Louis Vasquez, Matt Slauson

DL: Richard Seymour

DB: Dashon Goldson, Keenan Lewis, Cary Williams

OLB: Paul Kruger, Antwan Barnes, Anthony Spencer

One thing though. If the Steelers lose Mike Wallace and James Harrison, it increases their likelihood of retaining Kennan Lewis, IMO. But, current reports are, Ray Horton, former Steelers DB coach, former Cardinals DC, and current Browns DC has rapport with him and Browns interested in him:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/free-agent-keenan-lewis-best-young-corners/

Who knows, even James Harrison could end up there.

Oh yeah!!! I have always been glad the Steelers had a bad season because of this guy. He is just as talented as Cary Williams with less mouth and less team success.

I would love to have him after a down year for the Steelers.

My free agent wish list was:

OL: Louis Vasquez, Matt Slauson

DL: Richard Seymour

DB: Dashon Goldson, Keenan Lewis, Cary Williams

OLB: Paul Kruger, Antwan Barnes, Anthony Spencer

i like the idea of not overpaying kruger and getting Barnes as a 2 year stop gap while we draft someone. it should help our future cap room. and with potentially Keenan and Davis we are set in our CB position.

id add Alan branch and Mike devito to the DL wishlist.