Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts Must Bring In Protection, Not Weapons

HarassedOffTheSite

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1560876-indianapolis-colts-must-bring-in-protection-not-weapons-for-andrew-luck

The Indianapolis Colts will be adding more than a few names during the next few months.  The team must focus on protection for Andrew Luck and not offensive weapons.

Ryan Grigson, the Colts' general manager, will be looking to add key pieces to this team over the

offseason.  According to Phillip Wilson of IndyStar.com, the Colts have $44 million in cap space.  Add that to four draft picks in April, and this team will have a lot of new faces in 2013.

With an 11-5 record last year along with a playoff appearance and a young, talented quarterback, free agents will be interested in joining this team.

The Colts will be able to spend some money to bring in some bigger names, but they must focus on protecting Luck.  It is tempting for the team to go after Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace, but the team has other holes that need to be filled. - Tyler Brooke

Tyler obviously is not a reader of these forums. Doesn't he realise our biggest need is WR /sarcasm. :P

No, it is CB!!! :excited:

Seriously though I think we all know we need to look after Andrew a bit better, why BA's play calling had me despairing at points with how exposed it left #12.

Amen. Time to set the foundation so this kid can stand tall and let it fly.

Dear sir who wrote that article........ you do realize our GM is an Ex-offensive lineman?? I'm pretty sure he'd know that everything starts up front. With that being said, we could sign a "weapon" if Grigson felt it was necessary. Thanks for your "viewpoint", but no thanks. We got this

Love,

TK of colts.com/fanforums :lol:

Dear sir who wrote that article........ you do realize our GM is an Ex-offensive lineman?? I'm pretty sure he'd know that everything starts up front. With that being said, we could sign a "weapon" if Grigson felt it was necessary. Thanks for your "viewpoint", but no thanks. We got this

Sincerely,

Love TK 

:funny:

Get some big horses in front of the quarterback first!  

Yeah it would be great to pick up receivers or d backs but as proven time and again you lose the starting QB and everything else is wasted draft picks while they get "experience."

Contrary to popular belief, we (Colts) are not in an emergency situation that I can see.  If we were cap strapped this year, then we would be in an emergency situation.  This year we have the resources to fix that problem and we (Grigson) are working on it now as we speak.  Grigson's job is to evaluate and upgrade our team every year.  If he sees a WR that is clearly better than what we have, then I have no problem with him taking him.  Avery may not even be in our plans.  Reggie is old.

Love,

Agreed....

:monkeydance:.......My concern, is towards the staff responsible for supplying Gatorade bottles to the players, during the game. The staff must develop a scheme, which systematically :monkeydance: allows them properly nurish, and recharge the offensive line. After taking a few **swigs** of the bottle, if they spill enough of it on their hands, the increased levels of sugar, and electrolytes in the Gatorade will increase the Oline's ability to execute a successful blocking scheme, and ready to go back to work, and win the game. **Seriously**..... :luv: Im rooting for Vasquez & Levitre to both be here in March, and see us draft an LT, that can bench press a stadium, but is a former ballerina.... :nutz:

Once i saw who made this topic for discussion, i had to change my response. BCasserly is well aware of Ryan Grigson's experience. It's the off-season, he's giving us something to talk about, and he & the bleacher report, are only confirming what we Colts already knew....**pulls reins back on young colt**....whoooa there.... :shake:  ....... :gym:(you)..... :lecture:(me)...LOL..TK he already knows...

I read that Bleacher Report article twice. The only thing I learned was that I wasted my time. The response to it should be a resounding "DUH!".

Another thing...no matter how bad Bleacher Report Reports are....I STILL read them..or look at pics :)  Now I know I am not just crazy, but certifiably so. :spit:  :nutz:  :mindblow:

Another thing...no matter how bad Bleacher Report Reports are....I STILL read them..or look at pics :)  Now I know I am not just crazy, but certifiably so. :spit:  :nutz:  :mindblow:

Hey, you're not alone.  I read them too.  My other complaint is that they pack so many ads in their web pages and their Team Stream app that sometimes I just give up reading an move on.

The older I get, the more I'm obsessed with football and less with other sports.  To the point where I get everything I need to see from the last two minutes of an NBA game.  And I can hardly watch a baseball game on TV.  But I still keep up with the stats and stories.

Well, we all know what 'fan' is short for, right?

Hey, you're not alone.  I read them too.  My other complaint is that they pack so many ads in their web pages and their Team Stream app that sometimes I just give up reading an move on.

The older I get, the more I'm obsessed with football and less with other sports.  To the point where I get everything I need to see from the last two minutes of an NBA game.  And I can hardly watch a baseball game on TV.  But I still keep up with the stats and stories.

Well, we all know what 'fan' is short for, right?

FANATIC!!!   :thmup:

Funny....my wife remembers me best in my catching days in baseball, so cannot believe how nutty I have become over football.  The great thing is she gets on here too once in awhile and enjoys reading the debates.  I am glad she does.  She has mellowed me out quite a bit...use to love the toe to toe bantering...:)

I do love my Hoosiers and Pacers....and MLB, but the Colts are 24/7 :)

FANATIC!!!   :thmup:

Funny....my wife remembers me best in my catching days in baseball, so cannot believe how nutty I have become over football.  The great thing is she gets on here too once in awhile and enjoys reading the debates.  I am glad she does.  She has mellowed me out quite a bit...use to love the toe to toe bantering...:)

I do love my Hoosiers and Pacers....and MLB, but the Colts are 24/7 :)

I'm with you, I used to love basketball and baseball as much as football. I think that when it seemed like the Colts start caring about the franchise, when Jim took over, I started caring more too.

BTW, if you want to start following a college football team, my Buckeyes have plenty of room on the bandwagon. Always good, close enough to you, on the way up again...Shame that Indiana never got a D1 team...

I'm with you, I used to love basketball and baseball as much as football. I think that when it seemed like the Colts start caring about the franchise, when Jim took over, I started caring more too.

BTW, if you want to start following a college football team, my Buckeyes have plenty of room on the bandwagon. Always good, close enough to you, on the way up again...Shame that Indiana never got a D1 team...

When I did a lot of training in Columbus Ohio and Cleveland...so many OSU fans.  I went to IU when Sam Wyche was coach....have not had a real team since Bill Mallory and Anthony Thompson!!  I have watched ND since in diapers too...just enjoy good football as much as anything these days...and the Colts come first!!

I don't have a dog in this fight but it's always amusing to me when internet forum users display pretension regarding articles from other websites. Don't get me wrong, bleacherreport isn't nfl.com but it is made up of guys who basically come up from internet forum ranks. And more often than not are fans just like us.

At a minimum the message carries just as much credibility as a post in an internet forum.

So the condescension is kinda funny.

I don't have a dog in this fight but it's always amusing to me when internet forum users display pretension regarding articles from other websites. Don't get me wrong, bleacherreport isn't nfl.com but it is made up of guys who basically come up from internet forum ranks. And are more often than not are fans just like us.

At a minimum the message carries just as much credibility as a post in an internet forum.

Good point...I guess that is why we still read anything we can get ahold of Brian :)

I don't have a dog in this fight but it's always amusing to me when internet forum users display pretension regarding articles from other websites. Don't get me wrong, bleacherreport isn't nfl.com but it is made up of guys who basically come up from internet forum ranks. And more often than not are fans just like us.

Most here at CDC are football snobs. Sometimes even me :facepalm:

Avery may not even be in our plans.  Reggie is old.

Yes, Reggie is old and is aging like fine wine. That is what everyone said about Marvin too when he kept torching the Pats in 2006 and began 2007 torching Jason David, haha.

But the unthinkable happened, Marvin's age caught up with him, faster than he wanted due to an injury. I just dread the day that happens to Reggie. Marvin had 3 contracts too, much like Reggie did, with the Colts. But Polian, unlike Grigson, gave him a 7 yr. contract for a 3rd contract, if I am right. There in lies the difference, IMO.

Yes, Reggie is old and is aging like fine wine. That is what everyone said about Marvin too when he kept torching the Pats in 2006 and began 2007 torching Jason David, haha.

But the unthinkable happened, Marvin's age caught up with him, faster than he wanted due to an injury. I just dread the day that happens to Reggie. Marvin had 3 contracts too, much like Reggie did, with the Colts. But Polian, unlike Grigson, gave him a 7 yr. contract for a 3rd contract, if I am right. There in lies the difference, IMO.

Marvin had that knee start giving him fits...and that was the beginning of the end...I was bummed....

How long can Reggie do what he did last year is the question...I hope he does not get hurt....:(