Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anquan Bolden to hit open market [Merge]

Add Anquan Boldin to this offense and an improved offensive line and this offense will be unstoppable. The Colts have never had a guy, that you could throw too, even when covered and know that he was going to go up and take the ball away from the defender. This is a weapon, that we've been missing for a long time. I can't stress enough, what a luxury it is to have a player with this ability, especially in the red zone. Boldin can physically dominate, and take over a game, with Wayne and Boldin on the outside and T.Y. Hilton in the slot, we would be unstoppable. He still has plenty left in the tank. I was not big on picking up a free agent WR, with the other needs we have, but Boldin, brings a unique ability that we are missing, sign him to a two year contract, add some O-linemen and this offense is set. He could help with the development of Hilton, Brazil and Palmer. Good locker room presence, and with the new offense stressing a smash mouth running game and Boldin's physicality, we could really beat teams down.

"Grigson, please sign Boldin" and let the beating begin.

Add Anquan Boldin to this offense and an improved offensive line and this offense will be unstoppable. The Colts have never had a guy, that you could throw too, even when covered and know that he was going to go up and take the ball away from the defender. This is a weapon, that we've been missing for a long time. I can't stress enough, what a luxury it is to have a player with this ability, especially in the red zone. Boldin can physically dominate, and take over a game, with Wayne and Boldin on the outside and T.Y. Hilton in the slot, we would be unstoppable. He still has plenty left in the tank. I was not big on picking up a free agent WR, with the other needs we have, but Boldin, brings a unique ability that we are missing, sign him to a two year contract, add some O-linemen and this offense is set. He could help with the development of Hilton, Brazil and Palmer. Good locker room presence, and with the new offense stressing a smash mouth running game and Boldin's physicality, we could really beat teams down.

"Grigson, please sign Boldin" and let the beating begin.

:facepalm:  :slaphead:  :loco: 

I love our WR corps...but I'm not going to dismiss the notion of bringing him in. Pagano himself said that he’s a playmaker, deceptively fast, has great hands and is tough to defend. Not sure why anyone wouldn't consider that. Also, he can want big money all day long...but I do not know if that is going to happen.

We all saw the same playoffs. He had like 5 catches against us for 140+ yards. Two catches from what 40 & 50 yards a piece? We watched him man-rape Cassius Vaghn twice (one of'em on 3rd & 19). He finished up the playoffs with 22 catches for 380 yards and 4 tds. Dude is a beast of a possession receiver (that should make everyone forget about cheeseball's like Wes Welker).

I'm honestly stunned that Baltimore is even considering this. 

What's the point? He's old and would cost a load, and in case you hadn't noticed, we've already got a pretty good #1 receiver... He'd offer nothing that Reggie doesn't, except more of a drain on the cap.