Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Sherman vs Skip Bayless

Dustin

I think Sherman is one heck of good young CB in this league and in 2 yrs. has accomplished more than Revis did in his 1st 2 yrs.. Whether that puts him in Revis' class is debatable, but he's right about Bayless. Bayless is a total clown that backs up his opinions with nothing, but more of his own stupid opinions. 

Skip has always been annoying, but Sherman is starting to get on my nerves too. When we play Seattle next season I really hope Hilton burns him for a TD. Just to shut him up a little

Don't hold your breath lol.

I think Sherman is one heck of good young CB in this league and in 2 yrs. has accomplished more than Revis did in his 1st 2 yrs.. Whether that puts him in Revis' class is debatable, but he's right about Bayless. Bayless is a total clown that backs up his opinions with nothing, but more of his own stupid opinions.

Sherman gave up more 100 yard receivers last season than Revis has in the last 3. They're not on the same level.

If it was a journalist that Shermam attacked like that. I would have a problem with it.

I have no problem with anyone busting down Skip Bayless. Regardless of how childish it is.

I did however LOVE Skip thinking that he was a top 22 member of the "media".

Sherman: " Your not top 22 in your field"

Skip: "Debatable"

Lol. No not really Skip, I think I could make the argument your not even top 22 in your own company let alone sportswriters as a whole, and this is without getting into the giant media umbrella.

Sherman shows Revis tons of respect just by the fact he is going after him.  I vote for Revis being the best.

Bayless?  He won't allow you (or me) any satisfaction.  He comes out of every argument exactly the same as if he won.  Just once, I'd like him to scream like a girl on air or cry like a baby.  

If it was a journalist that Shermam attacked like that. I would have a problem with it.

I have no problem with anyone busting down Skip Bayless. Regardless of how childish it is.

I did however LOVE Skip thinking that he was a top 22 member of the "media".

Sherman: " Your not top 22 in your field"

Skip: "Debatable"

Lol. No not really Skip, I think I could make the argument your not even top 22 in your own company let alone sportswriters as a whole, and this is without getting into the giant media umbrella.

When I watched that part I verbally said "Not really."

lmao

Wow, I'm not a huge skip bayless fan. I mean he was right when he said the Colts blew the superbowl against the Saints, but other than that he's been swinging and missing for years.

Sherman just looked like a total fool IMHO, apparently he doesn't get it that Bayless is paid to take the radical opposing view.

Skip has always been annoying, but Sherman is starting to get on my nerves too. When we play Seattle next season I really hope Hilton burns him for a TD. Just to shut him up a little

I'd actually like to watch that.

Wow, I mean sherman is good but he's starting to have a big mouth. I mean i dont like hearing Skips' opinion on some stuff, but hey I mean its his job to create controversial arguments, so more power to him. But Sherman really went at skip, saying "I'm better at life than you" was talking it too far and overboard imho.

Sherman has become the next T.O....or worse. His mouth is going to get him into trouble one of these days...I can see quite a few punches coming rather than one next time he gets targeted by another player.

Sherman's mouth is definitely getting annoying, but Bayless was trying to bait him and Sherman knew it.  Bayless was going to twist whatever answer Sherman would have given into an out of context quote or "sound bite" that would have made Sherman look even worse.

Sherman's mouth is definitely getting annoying, but Bayless was trying to bait him and Sherman knew it.  Bayless was going to twist whatever answer Sherman would have given into an out of context quote or "sound bite" that would have made Sherman look even worse.

Don't know how you can look much worse then telling a 61 year old man that you're "better at life" than he is on national television.

Just watched the entire thing...

Sherman is little boy...      "BOY".    child,   immature.  

He just made himself look like the biggest FAIL on national TV ever. 

It was truly "cringeworthy"    for Sherman.   Say what you want about Skip...   he is a borderline legend in the journalism field.

And that is fact.

I can't stand Bayless...       and this clown had me rooting for Skip to rant on him.

Oh well.. 

What would Sherm be doing if he could not run fast?   

"I'm better at life than you"...   Rich Sherman

He went "personal" mode right off the bat..      and Skip played it professionally.    

Wow....    I can't believe I'm defending Skip Bayless...     

Yep, I think I may have actually gained some respect for Skip there. 

As someone who has worked in the media business for 12 years, I can tell you Skip Bayless is head and shoulders above Sherman at his chosen profession. I think many forget Skip's journalistic years and the fact that love him or hate him, he has the most popular show on ESPN. He has been an acclaimed journalist, author and now TV personality. Here are some of his other achievments:

Bayless went directly from Vanderbilt to The Miami Herald, where he wrote sports features for two years before being hired away by the Los Angeles Times. There, he was best known for investigative stories on the Dodgers' clubhouse resentment of "golden boy" Steve Garvey and his celebrity wife Cyndy and on Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom's behind-the-scenes decisions to start different quarterbacks each week (James Harris, Pat Haden or Ron Jaworski). Bayless also won the Eclipse Award for his coverage of Seattle Slew's Triple Crown.

At 25, Bayless was hired by The Dallas Morning News to write its lead sports column, and two years later, the rival Dallas Times Herald hired him away by making him one of the country's highest paid sports columnists—prompting The Wall Street Journal to do a story on the development. Bayless was voted Texas sportswriter of the year three times.

In 1989, Bayless wrote God's Coach, about the rise and fall of Tom Landry's Dallas Cowboys. Following the Cowboys' Super Bowl victory in 1993, Bayless wrote The Boys, and following a third Cowboys Super Bowl win in four seasons, Bayless wrote the third and final book of his Cowboys trilogy, Hell-Bent: The Crazy Truth About the "Win or Else" Dallas Cowboys. Hell-Bent caused a stir over Bayless' speculation, without providing any evidence, that Cowboy's quarterback Troy Aikman was gay.[3]

After covering the Cowboys through the 1996 season, Bayless chose to leave Dallas after 17 years and become the lead sports columnist for the Chicago Tribune. In his first year in Chicago, Bayless won the Lisagor Award for excellence in sports column writing and was voted Illinois sportswriter of the year.

As someone who has worked in the media business for 12 years, I can tell you Skip Bayless is head and shoulders above Sherman at his chosen profession. I think many forget Skip's journalistic years and the fact that love him or hate him, he has the most popular show on ESPN. He has been an acclaimed journalist, author and now TV personality. Here are some of his other achievments:

Bayless went directly from Vanderbilt to The Miami Herald, where he wrote sports features for two years before being hired away by the Los Angeles Times. There, he was best known for investigative stories on the Dodgers' clubhouse resentment of "golden boy" Steve Garvey and his celebrity wife Cyndy and on Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom's behind-the-scenes decisions to start different quarterbacks each week (James Harris, Pat Haden or Ron Jaworski). Bayless also won the Eclipse Award for his coverage of Seattle Slew's Triple Crown.

At 25, Bayless was hired by The Dallas Morning News to write its lead sports column, and two years later, the rival Dallas Times Herald hired him away by making him one of the country's highest paid sports columnists—prompting The Wall Street Journal to do a story on the development. Bayless was voted Texas sportswriter of the year three times.

In 1989, Bayless wrote God's Coach, about the rise and fall of Tom Landry's Dallas Cowboys. Following the Cowboys' Super Bowl victory in 1993, Bayless wrote The Boys, and following a third Cowboys Super Bowl win in four seasons, Bayless wrote the third and final book of his Cowboys trilogy, heck-Bent: The Crazy Truth About the "Win or Else" Dallas Cowboys. heck-Bent caused a stir over Bayless' speculation, without providing any evidence, that Cowboy's quarterback Troy Aikman was gay.[3]

After covering the Cowboys through the 1996 season, Bayless chose to leave Dallas after 17 years and become the lead sports columnist for the Chicago Tribune. In his first year in Chicago, Bayless won the Lisagor Award for excellence in sports column writing and was voted Illinois sportswriter of the year.

Sure Skips earlier career was successful. But that doesn't make him one if the best in the world. Being in the right place at the right time (Cowboys dynasty) is half the battle.

Skip is far from a journalistic beacon of integrity (Aikman Gay, lying about his basketball playing) so I don't hold him to journalism standards.

However if we are talking sports "personalities" or however you want to put it, whom are respected more than Skip, I am willing to bet I can name nearly 22 within his own company (ESPN)...Berman Jackson Schefter Mortenson Reiley Simmons Albom Kornheiser Wilbon just off the top of my head....

Now if the argument was "more famous" he'd have an argument.

Sure Skips earlier career was successful. But that doesn't make him one if the best in the world. Being in the right place at the right time (Cowboys dynasty) is half the battle.

Skip is far from a journalistic beacon of integrity (Aikman Gay, lying about his basketball playing) so I don't hold him to journalism standards.

However if we are talking sports "personalities" or however you want to put it, whom are respected more than Skip, I am willing to bet I can name nearly 22 within his own company (ESPN)...Berman Jackson Schefter Mortenson Reiley Simmons Albom Kornheiser Wilbon just off the top of my head....

Yes, he has his blemishes but we all do. The question was level of career success. Bayless is right up there. And I would argue timing is even more important in sports as well as luck. I mean what if Sherman was drafted by the Jags? Doubt his numbers would even be average.

Can't stand skip, but I would listen to him him all day before before I would listen to 5 minutes of Chris Berman...cue Quint and the chalkboard

Yes, he has his blemishes but we all do. The question was level of career success. Bayless is right up there. And I would argue timing is even more important in sports as well as luck. I mean what if Sherman was drafted by the Jags? Doubt his numbers would even be average.

And I wouldn't disagree with that.

But winning Sportswriter if the year in your state (1 of 50) isn't that impressive, let alone it being nearly 2 decades ago.

I'd like to think of it as if reporter/personality asked for a 1 on 1 interview with Athlete, what are the odds they would do it? With Bayless Id say that likely hood is near 0%.

And I agree Blood, Berman is very annoying, but I assume he is more respected amongst the community than what Bayless is

And I wouldn't disagree with that.

But winning Sportswriter if the year in your state (1 of 50) isn't that impressive, let alone it being nearly 2 decades ago.

I'd like to think of it as if reporter/personality asked for a 1 on 1 interview with Athlete, what are the odds they would do it? With Bayless Id say that likely hood is near 0%.

And I agree Blood, Berman is very annoying, but I assume he is more respected amongst the community than what Bayless is

He has many accolades and has been a success for decades. He also has the number one show on ESPN. And in terms of athletes speaking to him, he seems to get all of them at his beck and call so I competely disagree. I mean what has Sherman won? A playoff game? ok. Two years of success. ok. Get back to me in 5 years and let's see if his name is even relevant. Most ignorant comment I have heard in a looong time when he compared his career to Bayless. Looks like even more of a fool than he already is IMO.