Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday is coming back to be a Colt!

Callie

Has to be 1 day. No way were going to carry a roster spot for him for 1 game.

one game or one day?

One day, here's the tweet

Also sounds like (to me) he'll be getting a job in the Colts Organization

ColtsFans,Jeff Saturday will put on his Colts Jersey 1 more time and retire a Colt at Press Conf coming soon..will have a presence with team

I'm glad Jeff will retire as a Colt !!!  He has always been one of my favorite players and I'm glad they are making this happen. I hope they also put his name on the Ring of Honor.  

Does anyone know, would they ever retire his jersey number?  I'm not real sure on how that works.  But glad I got his jersey a couple of years ago.

I'm glad Jeff will retire as a Colt !!! He has always been one of my favorite players and I'm glad they are making this happen. I hope they also put his name on the Ring of Honor.

Does anyone know, would they ever retire his jersey number? I'm not real sure on how that works. But glad I got his jersey a couple of years ago.

They should retire his number. But we can't just keep retiring all these numbers. We'll run out haha . My list of retired numbers would be

Marvin Harrison #88

Peyton's #18 (Already Retired)

Jeff's #63

And then Reggie Wayne's #87 when he leaves us

They should retire his number. But we can't just keep retiring all these numbers. We'll run out haha . My list of retired numbers would be

Marvin Harrison #88

Jeff's #63

and that's not including the retired Baltimore numbers that the Colts honor.

Marvin Harrison #88

Jeff's #63

The only problem with retiring #88 is that Mackey wore it.

If there is some way they can retire it for both then sure. Other than that #88 should just never be worn again.

Meh. He's a Packer now, to me.

So even though he's been officially released by the Packers and only played for them for one season he's a Packer? 

Okay you are entitled to your opinion. 

I agree 100% GoColts8818. "Saturday played thirteen years in Indianapolis and one year in Green Bay." 13 years in INDY to 1 in GB. Normally, a person remembers fondly where they spent their longest tenure at. To each their own I guess. Perhaps Jim is simply remembering where Jeff played last. But, if he loved GB so much, I doubt that Jeff would have returned back home to INDY so quickly either. Saturday isn't settling down permanent roots in GB or buying a home there the last time I checked. 

I agree 100% GoColts8818. "Saturday played thirteen years in Indianapolis and one year in Green Bay." 13 years in INDY to 1 in GB. Normally, a person remembers fondly where they spent their longest tenure at. To each their own I guess. 

I would say based off Jim H's logic Joe Montana is a Chief and Jerry Rice is a Seahawk...

always had a feeling saturday would retire as a colt.. that isn't big news for me. i am more interested in the "presence with the team" part. specially with his NFLPA experience, he doesn't even need to be part of scouting or oline coaching staff. he could literally fill any position irsay and grigs wants him to.

I actually wouldn't have minded if Saturday wanted to come back and play one game, he is still better than Shipley or Satele.

But good to hear he will still have a presence with the team, especially with his team as our NFLPA rep. 

He is one of the few players I can see either in the FO or on the coaching staff.

Jeff should retire a colt, means something to me.

I look forward to hearing what his role with the organization will be!

Means something to me, as well. While it doesn't make a tangible difference, I'm always happy to see players retire with their main team, especially now with Jeff and Colts. 

Means something to me, as well. While it doesn't make a tangible difference, I'm always happy to see players retire with their main team, especially now with Jeff and Colts. 

He was just on SportsCenter today. He said "I'm a Colt" and told how emotional that last snap TP Peyton was.

Great guy to have in the organization.

so glad to hear that! He is smart and classy man, great assest for the team. I was so heart broken when he became a cheesehead, glad that is over.

Yes, Jeff's Cheesehead days were strange to me too MCF. Nice to see you posting again my friend.  ;) The NFL universe is realigned properly again. Thank God...

Jeff should retire a colt, means something to me.

I look forward to hearing what his role with the organization will be!

Exactly Nadine, INDY is his home not Green Bay. I just saw him working as an ESPN Analyst on NFL Live recorded on my DVR. He sounded pretty relaxed & at ease to me. 

Exactly Nadine, INDY is his home not Green Bay. I just saw him working as an ESPN Analyst on NFL Live recorded on my DVR. He sounded pretty relaxed & at ease to me. 

Jeff Saturday to retire with Indianapolis Colts on Thursday

It becomes official Thursday when the veteran center retires as a member of the Indianapolis Colts. The team has planned a noon news conference.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130304/SPORTS03/303040081/1058/SPORTS03?nclick_check=1

The only problem with retiring #88 is that Mackey wore it.

If there is some way they can retire it for both then sure. Other than that #88 should just never be worn again.

You should definately retire Harrison's 88 number in Indy, as he is an Indy Colt. Mackey had his Ring of Honor ceremony in Baltimore, because he wanted it that way, and he is already covered in the Ring of Honor at M & T Bank Stadium. These guys are original Indianapolis Colts and should be honored in Indy.

You should definately retire Harrison's 88 number in Indy, as he is an Indy Colt. Mackey had his Ring of Honor ceremony in Baltimore, because he wanted it that way, and he is already covered in the Ring of Honor at M & T Bank Stadium. These guys are original Indianapolis Colts and should be honored in Indy.

Harrison is in the Ring of Honor.