Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My first notion is that depending what happens with UFA Josh Cribbs....Ginn could actually wind up in Cleveland. They're loaded with cap space and pretty thin at WR. If Cribbs leaves in free agency, then Ginn makes alot of sense for the Browns.

But IMO....we shouldn't bump out any current Colts WR for Ted Ginn Jr.

I knew it wouldn't take long. Another WR thread. There are storys on Goldson that says he don't want to be franchised again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/goldson-wants-no-part-of-a-second-franchise-tag/

A story on Aquib Talib that the Patriots don't think they can trust him to a long term deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/patriots-not-sure-they-can-trust-aqib-talib-on-a-multi-year-contract/

A story about Stephen Peterman being cut by the Lions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/lions-have-told-stephen-peterman-theyre-cutting-him/

And since none of them are WR's, they don't get posted. Yet every single one of those players would make more sense than another WR thread. Sorry for the rant, but these WR's threads are getting very very old. Seriously, is WR the only position that fans think exists?

I knew it wouldn't take long. Another WR thread. There are storys on Goldson that says he don't want to be franchised again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/goldson-wants-no-part-of-a-second-franchise-tag/

A story on Aquib Talib that the Patriots don't think they can trust him to a long term deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/patriots-not-sure-they-can-trust-aqib-talib-on-a-multi-year-contract/

A story about Stephen Peterman being cut by the Lions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/lions-have-told-stephen-peterman-theyre-cutting-him/

And since none of them are WR's, they don't get posted. Yet every single one of those players would make more sense than another WR thread. Sorry for the rant, but these WR's threads are getting very very old. Seriously, is WR the only position that fans think exists?

That's what a 14 year mentality of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, run will get you.

That's what a 14 year mentality of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, run will get you.

I agree. At first I just found it comical that every WR that hits the market or is rumored to be traded gets a thread on how we should go get them, but now it is just becoming flat out ridiculous. WR should really be the furthest position from anybody's mind. Yeah, we could use an upgrade maybe and we will eventually need to replace Reggie, but he has 2 yrs. left on his deal and isn't showing many signs of slowing down. We have a good young nucleus of other WR's on the roster and there are too many other area's of immediate upgrade needs on the team. We can easily survive at least 1 more season without having to add another WR or 2.

Ted Ginn is not happy with the Niners because they are only using his as a returner. He feels that he is a receiver first, and a returner second. He's looking for a team that wants a receiver with return skills, which is not how we see him. He would not beat out our current receivers.

I said we could use him as a kick returner, when was the last time our kick return team was in the top ten? I said we COULD use him as a wide out, so before you guys jump the gun make sure you read it a couple times. 

Look....once we address chronically long-standing problems like a marginal, at best, rushing attack and HORRENDOUS pass protection...exhibit A...

http://youtu.be/pHIQai1JK3c

....not to mention a much more physical, stout defense and secondary...then WR/KR can get some attention if Grigson sees fit. I'd be happy with our return game if he brings back Karim...he was a solid improvement over recent return guys.

But we gotta get this other stuff squared away first.

Andrew Luck....behind a very suspect O-line and with our current WR corps just threw for 4300+ yards. IMO...it can wait.

Look....once we address chronically long-standing problems like a marginal, at best, rushing attack and HORRENDOUS pass protection...exhibit A...

....not to mention a much more physical, stout defense and secondary...then WR/KR can get some attention if Grigson sees fit. I'd be happy with our return game if he brings back Karim...he was a solid improvement over recent return guys.

Andrew Luck....behind a very suspect O-line and with our current WR corps just threw for 4300+ yards. IMO...it can wait.

Thank you pa, very well said with what should be a very disturbing demonstration video of why o-line has to be the 1st priority. 

I think wr will be addressed, but i don't think it will be a big name guy. Waaaaay too many other needs to address first

Oh, I won't be surprised at all if we bring in another guy, but I have no doubt in my mind that it certainly won't be a name that many want.

Out of likes, but yeah. If we go for a WR and that is still a big if IMO, I have thrown out the name Ramses Barden. 6'6" 230 lbs, young and should be pretty cheap.

But that is the name I want, and you said I can't get what I want... :clap:

I think I'm done bombarding Grigson with letters about him, though. :excited:

But that is the name I want, and you said I can't get what I want... :clap:

I think I'm done bombarding Grigson with letters about him, though. :excited:

If we have to sign a WR, I guess I'll let ya get this one, but thats it I don't want to keep hearing ya ask for more. :D

I like drafting young wr talent (not necessarily early) like we did with Hilton and Brazil...in those middle to later rounds....there is always several guys every year it seems that really flashes later in the draft just like running backs than paying for over-priced FAs. Now don't get me wrong. If you have a Larry Fitzgerald or Megatron or one of those elite receivers available go for it...but middle of the road and flashy names to me at wr very rarely pay off big. 

I would rather draft and bring in young talent that can grow and learn with Andrew and build chemistry...like we did with Peyton...draft and let the QB mold them!

I didn't say we were spending a first round draft pick on him. I said it'd be a cheap sign,  that would help with our field position battle and help our Offense which means run/pass.  Plus your never EVER going to fix every position on the team, it just wont happen.