Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Defense Held Ravens to Least Playoff Points

Smonroe

Been hoping this would happen!

Go Colts defense!!!!!

Small moral victories are small more victories!!!!!!!!

:cheer2:

I was hoping ravens would smash the niners cause I'm sick of hearing about this read option, running qb blah blah blah rg3 blah blah blah kaep blah blah blah going to change the nfl and the face of the game. Umm yeah, NO!!

I was hoping ravens would smash the niners cause I'm sick of hearing about this read option, running qb blah blah blah rg3 blah blah blah kaep blah blah blah going to change the nfl and the face of the game. Umm yeah, NO!!

And for those arguing about the wear and abuse the QB takes with the read option; did anyone see how many hits CK took after running that option in the second half? Man, he was popped almost every time whether he had the ball or not. That's gonna' get old for him quick!

So, 182 rushing yards and two touchdowns is an indictment of the Niners passing attack?

And for those arguing about the wear and abuse the QB takes with the read option; did anyone see how many hits CK took after running that option in the second half? Man, he was popped almost every time whether he had the ball or not. That's gonna' get old for him quick!

That, and some inventive scrape type D plays and other creative ideas will contain the option some, and the 'hit's will slow the player and front office from running it over time. And I didn't see any 15 yd PF flags for employing that strategy, though it does free Gore up to, uh, Gore you at times.

I wouldn't read too much into this. They were able to keep us out of the endzone, which meant they didn't have to put up a ton of points, which in turn meant they could play power football and control the clock. Flacco aired it out when they needed it.

Buzzkill!

So, 182 rushing yards and two touchdowns is an indictment of the Niners passing attack?

Lost me. I wasn't saying what the niners did or did not do. I was WANTING the ravens to smash the niners so this talk would simmer down. Good thing the lights went out to help them get back in the game

Lost me. I wasn't saying what the niners did or did not do. I was WANTING the ravens to smash the niners so this talk would simmer down. Good thing the lights went out to help them get back in the game

Okay, but they didn't smash the Niners. The zone read rushing attack was actually pretty effective. It was obvious that the Ravens wanted to punish Kaepernick for keeping it, but he still got loose several times, including a long touchdown run. And more than that, the threat of the keeper opened up some big runs for Gore.