Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Despite last night's debacle, Colts remain unaffected in playoff race

Coltswarriors

Coming into this week the Colts were 6-3 and were holding down the 5th seed in the AFC.

This week is over (Monday night game is two NFC teams) and the Colts are still holding the 5th seed.

All this loss did was basically put our hopes of the AFC South Champs out, but they were basically out anyways.

With the Steelers loss last night the Colts have the 5th seed with 6-4 and the Steelers have the 6th seed with 6-4. Really our only competition for the wildcard is the Bengals (5-5) and the Bills (4-6, only because we play them next week). If we beat the Bills, the Bills are out the race and really it's only the Bengals we'll have to fend off. I know they're technically not out of the race and I know there are some other teams looming around 4-6, but unless they get on a hot streak (meaning win the rest of their games) we should not worry.

IMO Steelers are making the wildcard no matter what and may be the 5th seed when it's over with, but I see no way (unless we lose to Buffalo or just have a complete collapse) that we don't make the playoffs. Playoff hopes are still very much alive and remember this team was projected to only win 4-6 games ALL YEAR!

GO COLTS!!!

I'm hoping Houston locks up a 1st week bye and rests their starters in the last game. Provided we beat the Bills, KC, and Houston at home (I am not saying we will win all those games, but its alot more realistic than the Patriots game) we should get the 5th seed. I haven't seen Cinci's schedule yet, does any know if there a some really tough games coming up for them?

Based on the desperation the Chargers showed yesterday and based on their recent history vs the Ravens (plus Ravens playing like paper tigers on the road against any decent QB), if the Chargers beat the Ravens next week, I think they are back in the discussion for a wild card, whether we like it or not.

But I agree, the Bengals are the biggest threat outside the Steelers. Bengals play the Raiders at home, then at San Diego (wild card tie-breaker there and could snuff out SD's hopes right there), then are home to the Cowboys (who are not that special on the road), and then go to Philly (who are hit and miss too).

Possibly, the Steelers, Bengals and Colts could be sitting at 8-6 after game 14, IMO. Root for the Texans to beat the Patriots, increases the chances of Texans resting their starters at least a half in game 16.

I'm hoping Houston locks up a 1st week bye and rests their starters in the last game. Provided we beat the Bills, KC, and Houston at home (I am not saying we will win all those games, but its alot more realistic than the Patriots game) we should get the 5th seed. I haven't seen Cinci's schedule yet, does any know if there a some really tough games coming up for them?

We should aslo be able to beat the Titans at home.

Bengals last 6 games: Raiders, @Chargers, Cowboys, @Eagles, @Steelers, Ravens.

Not an easy schedule at all.

Cinci plays home to Raiders, then at SD, home to Cowboys, then at Philly. They finish with the Steelers and Ravens.

So, if it is both the Steelers and Bengals in the wild card race, one of them could have a 7th loss after a head to head down the road.

I can see the Bengals, Colts and Steelers being 8-6 after game 14 (unless the Chargers go on their late November/December streak as always :))

Coming into this week the Colts were 6-3 and were holding down the 5th seed in the AFC.

This week is over (Monday night game is two NFC teams) and the Colts are still holding the 5th seed.

All this loss did was basically put our hopes of the AFC South Champs out, but they were basically out anyways.

With the Steelers loss last night the Colts have the 5th seed with 6-4 and the Steelers have the 6th seed with 6-4. Really our only competition for the wildcard is the Bengals (5-5) and the Bills (4-6, only because we play them next week). If we beat the Bills, the Bills are out the race and really it's only the Bengals we'll have to fend off. I know they're technically not out of the race and I know there are some other teams looming around 4-6, but unless they get on a hot streak (meaning win the rest of their games) we should not worry.

IMO Steelers are making the wildcard no matter what and may be the 5th seed when it's over with, but I see no way (unless we lose to Buffalo or just have a complete collapse) that we don't make the playoffs. Playoff hopes are still very much alive and remember this team was projected to only win 4-6 games ALL YEAR!

GO COLTS!!!

The Colts are quite capable of losing to any of the teams remaining on their schedule. Calling them a playoff lock is way premature.

Bengals last 6 games: Raiders, @Chargers, Cowboys, @Eagles, @Steelers, Ravens???.

I see 3 wins there for the Bengals putting them at 8-6 after game 14. It could come down to their last game - will the Ravens continue the ways of how they have played on the road or will the Bengals be able to play like they played the Giants and all good teams real close at home???

There are five 4-6 teams in the AFC. I think one of them makes a run. Jets? If they beat NE, and even if the don't, they have Cards, @Jags, @Titans, Chargers, @Bills left. 9-7 tied with the Colts means the Jets go, not the Colts. I don't think a playoff spot is remotely locked up. If the Colts turn the ball over four times, play horrible special teams, they are't going to win many more games. I don't see an easy win on the remaining schedule. Are we going to see the team that played in Jacksonville, or the team that played Sunday? So much youth, so many injuries, so little depth. And very little room for error. The greatest thing is the Colts control their own destiny, so there is no place they'd rather be. Win, they go. It's up to them.

The Colts are quite capable of losing to any of the teams remaining on their schedule. Calling them a playoff lock is way premature.

As we are quite capable of winning any of the games on our schedule.

Never said they were a lock, but playoff hopes are still alive and we're in the same position as we were coming into this week.

Are we going to see the team that played in Jacksonville, or the team that played Sunday?

I still think the Jags game had more to do with Gabbert not being able to muster anything productive at the QB position. Henne just showed what a difference a QB that can at least move the ball down the field can make (though his production would be less if teams game planned for him once they had film on him). The Titans game road win is more indicative of what kind of games we need to expect moving forward, close scrappy ones when we are playing the Bills and Titans, who both have wild card aspirations as well.

Even in the Jags game, let us not forget Luck threw an INT and fumbled the ball once for 2 turnovers. Again, the turnovers have to stop. Unfortunately, the Jags had turnovers of their own and enormous ineptitude at the QB position that they could not capitalize on it. I am glad the Henne game happened to the Texans and not us.

I'm not getting my expectations up about any of the up coming games. They'll all be tough. This Bills game has me concerned honestly. An angry Lions team in their place after that. Three game losing streak is possible as much as I hate to say it.

The rest of the AFC however is going to do their best to help the Colts out though. The Bengals aren't getting around the Steelers, and the Steelers are going to stall with out Worthlessburger for a few more games. The Chargers are about to fire the whole team 4 years to late, so that's fun. Any team have a chance if the Colts win 3 more games? My guess would be Tennessee at home (locker is marginally better than gabbert), The Chefs, because they won't hand it to Jammal Charles 40 times, or will they? The Texans in this scenario get both, so these next two games are critical.

The way I see it is steelers losing their next 1-2 games with their third string qb and the chargers flat out suck so I could see us and the bengals making it

According to the Commentators during last night's Bal vs Pit Game... you shouldn't "Sleep" on Charlie Batch. Apparently everyone thinks he's better than Leftwich

Doesn't matter what ppl think I'm pretty sure there's a reason he's a 3rd stringer

I know lol. Just threw that out there. Personally, I hope the Steelers lose majority of their Remaining Games. Tired of them going into the Post-Season & Super Bowls. Time for a Change in the NFL

Bengals last 6 games: Raiders, @Chargers, Cowboys, @Eagles, @Steelers, Ravens.

Traditionally I'd say you were right in that being a brutal stretch. With the way those teams are playing this year and the injuries they're dealing with, though, I think Cincy can go 4-2 over that stretch (if not 5-1).

According to the Commentators during last night's Bal vs Pit Game... you shouldn't "Sleep" on Charlie Batch. Apparently everyone thinks he's better than Leftwich

Except the Pitt coaching staff, who would know best...

Picking between Leftwich and Batch is nearly as bad as Painter and Orlovsky. At least Painter and Orlovsky have NFL caliber arm strength.

Lol what's with all the pit hate? They are well coached team that will be a tough one to bury. And I think a lot of people haven't been watching their games.... With todd haley ben has actually been playing the QB position and not backyard ball, he's improved vastly and to top it off their o line has been pretty darn good without their star rookie decastro. I think people judge too quickly just like the pats d no one is raving about them but they are playing tough in the red zone and getting turnovers... That's kinda the formula to winning.

If the Pats win out then the Texans would have to as well(after losing to the Pats hypothetically) or they would lose the tie breaker to the Pats. Then you have the Ravens who are still sitting there with 2 losses although they have some pretty tough upcoming games. But I have a feeling Houston may have to play to win even their very last game to secure the #1 seed.

I'm not getting my expectations up about any of the up coming games. They'll all be tough. This Bills game has me concerned honestly. An angry Lions team in their place after that. Three game losing streak is possible as much as I hate to say it.

The rest of the AFC however is going to do their best to help the Colts out though. The Bengals aren't getting around the Steelers, and the Steelers are going to stall with out Worthlessburger for a few more games. The Chargers are about to fire the whole team 4 years to late, so that's fun. Any team have a chance if the Colts win 3 more games? My guess would be Tennessee at home (locker is marginally better than gabbert), The Chefs, because they won't hand it to Jammal Charles 40 times, or will they? The Texans in this scenario get both, so these next two games are critical.

Nothing worse then angry Lions too. :beg::oops:

One game at a time fellas. Bills.....you're next. May we continue our gutsy home streak with more gutsy home streaking. :panic:

But I have a feeling Houston may have to play to win even their very last game to secure the #1 seed.

I bet if the final game is meaningful for BOTH Houston and Indy then that bad boy gets flexed up. (not that I know what else they got planned that night)

Our crowd would be rolling too. It would be quite the game and environment for our young lads, a playoff experience too...even if we are not ready. And considering Schaub has never been to the playoffs either it's his welcoming as well and good experience for him.

And maybe Pagano can make an appearance.

I do think we will be in the mix though by years end and could get in. It just feels like the AFC will need "that suprise team" too. We got that and fit the Cinderella story to boot. Just have to get there......and do our jobs. It will be a challenge for sure.

But, I cannot fathom ALL of the playoff teams from last year all getting back in too. :hmm: Don't we usually have a newbie or two? A suprise? And don't kid yourselves, the league would go insane to get Indy at Denver for the Saturday night WC game somehow. :panic::facepalm:

The Bengals are sneaking back into it. They have closed to with in a game of the Steelers and Colts at this point. A win over the Bills this weekend would really help the Colts chances. It would all but officially end the Bills playoff hopes as well as give us another key AFC win in one of the more winnable games left on our schedule. However if we lose to the Bills the Bills put themselves right back into the playoff picture and own a very important tie breaker over us. You can make a strong case that if the Colts are going to the playoffs this year Sunday's game might have the biggest impact on that. The Bills have a very easy road after the Colts game with games at home with the Jags, Rams, Seahawks (all in a row) and the Jets to end the season and their lone road trip will be to Miami in week 16. They could easily go 4-1 in those games and end up 9-7 if they beat the Colts on Sunday.

Lots of time to play but I really think the Colts, Steelers, and Bengals are playing for two spots because I think the Colts are going to win on Sunday. I will say this both the Steelers and Bengals have pretty favorable schedules coming down the stretch. Both have to play the Ravens once more and they have to play each other but other than that they don't have another team on either of their schedules with a winning record.

I think the Steelers end up either 10-6 or 11-5.

I think the Bengals end up either 8-8 or 9-7.

We only have four common games with Bengals so AFC record will probably be the tie breaker.

Right now the Bengals are 3-5 in AFC games and I think they will end up at best 5-7 in the AFC and that's with them beating the Chargers which I think they could lose. I do think they will lose to the Steelers and Ravens at the end of the season which could leave them with a win over the Raiders as their lone win against AFC teams in their last four games with the AFC.

The Colts on the other hand are 4-3 in AFC games which means they may just need to win one to two more AFC games to own that tie breaker. They have two extremely winnable games left against AFC teams with the Titans at home and KC on the road. If they win those two games and beat the Bills they are probably playoff bound.

That's just one theory right now lots of time for things to shake out.

The Bengals are sneaking back into it. They have closed to with in a game of the Steelers and Colts at this point. A win over the Bills this weekend would really help the Colts chances. It would all but officially end the Bills playoff hopes as well as give us another key AFC win in one of the more winnable games left on our schedule. However if we lose to the Bills the Bills put themselves right back into the playoff picture and own a very important tie breaker over us. You can make a strong case that if the Colts are going to the playoffs this year Sunday's game might have the biggest impact on that. The Bills have a very easy road after the Colts game with games at home with the Jags, Rams, Seahawks (all in a row) and the Jets to end the season and their lone road trip will be to Miami in week 16. They could easily go 4-1 in those games and end up 9-7 if they beat the Colts on Sunday.

Lots of time to play but I really think the Colts, Steelers, and Bengals are playing for two spots because I think the Colts are going to win on Sunday. I will say this both the Steelers and Bengals have pretty favorable schedules coming down the stretch. Both have to play the Ravens once more and they have to play each other but other than that they don't have another team on either of their schedules with a winning record.

I think the Steelers end up either 10-6 or 11-5.

I think the Bengals end up either 8-8 or 9-7.

We only have four common games with Bengals so AFC record will probably be the tie breaker.

Right now the Bengals are 3-5 in AFC games and I think they will end up at best 5-7 in the AFC and that's with them beating the Chargers which I think they could lose. I do think they will lose to the Steelers and Ravens at the end of the season which could leave them with a win over the Raiders as their lone win against AFC teams in their last four games with the AFC.

The Colts on the other hand are 4-3 in AFC games which means they may just need to win one to two more AFC games to own that tie breaker. They have two extremely winnable games left against AFC teams with the Titans at home and KC on the road. If they win those two games and beat the Bills they are probably playoff bound.

That's just one theory right now lots of time for things to shake out.

Hey all, Bills fan here. This is spot on. Our feeling is, that if we can beat the colts (in your place), no easy feat, then we are in good shape to make a strong run. We played a ton o good teams the first half of the season and dealt with injuries. Despite nearly beating the Pats, the Texans and the Titans, here we are. Good news for Bills fans is that the team is coming healthy, finally. They are motivated as are you guys.

I think this Sundays game will be very much like a playoff game. For the Bills it is everything.

Couple of questions, how is the Colts pass rush? How is the run defense?

Hey all, Bills fan here. This is spot on. Our feeling is, that if we can beat the colts (in your place), no easy feat, then we are in good shape to make a strong run. We played a ton o good teams the first half of the season and dealt with injuries. Despite nearly beating the Pats, the Texans and the Titans, here we are. Good news for Bills fans is that the team is coming healthy, finally. They are motivated as are you guys.

I think this Sundays game will be very much like a playoff game. For the Bills it is everything.

Couple of questions, how is the Colts pass rush? How is the run defense?

Pass Rush: Not as good as in years past although there are moments where it's been good this season.

Run Defense: Better than in years past although power runners still give them fits at times.