Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was Luck hyped to much?

coltsfanmilyman

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit I don't go channel surfing all day & night looking for the talking heads to say something about the Colts.

But I haven't heard one thing negative about Luck or his lack of accuracy outside this forum.

It could just be that Peytonites are resentful that Manning is no longer here and Luck is the reason why any they will scrutinize anything and everything Luck does/doesn't do to justify in their mind that releasing Manning was a horrible thing.

In one thread someone pointed out that Luck was already running the no-huddle and it wasn't til Manning's 2nd season before he did that. One response actually gave Peyton credit for Luck picking up the offense so early.

I really think some of Peyton's fans who are still Colt fans will have mixed feelings if & when Luck wins his first playoff game before Manning did and if & when Luck wins more Super Bowls than Peyton.

The peytonites, heh I like that one a lot better . Sad thing is its so true. Luck has lived up to all the hype in my opinion and will only continue to get better.

In the age of the dominating internet, it's hard to define "too much hype" as there is countless hype surrounding any big name player such as Luck or Griffin at that. With that said, if Luck was getting the LeBron James ESPN worship, maybe I would say he's getting too much hype :goodluck:

Oh but Jules teh great one will not let us not worthy access any more?

I'm gonna cry....     heheeh....

It's funny what anonymity does to people. You see their true colors. Pretty darn low considering Jules is one of the, if not, the nicest poster and a long-time poster at that.

I am however bashing the fans that defend him no matter what, like he is the second coming of Jesus.

Wait wait wait whoa there buddy old pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fans know better. You act like we all are stupid or something.

It's common sense that all fans around here know that Tim Tebow was the second coming of Jesus, not Andrew Luck. Let Tim Tebow get the respect he deserves.

Sheesh...... Use a little common sense....

haha

I believe 100% that Andrew would be received completely differently, by some fans, if he was the number 1 draft pick QB replacing a RETIRING Peyton Manning instead of a still active Peyton Manning.

I agree but he's not with that said Luck didn't make the Colts dump Peyton Manning. He had nothing to do with that decision other than just being a great prospect who was in the draft. He said and did all the right things leading up to the draft even saying more than once on TV that he was open to sitting and learning from Peyton Manning if it came to that. It's not like he stood there and said if you all draft me I am not signing with you if Peyton is still there. All Luck is doing is trying his hardest to make this team the best team it can be and win games for our team. So the last person I would put any blame on for the decision is Andrew Luck. I am just grateful an Andrew Luck was there. We are in a very rare poistion here. We have a chance to go from one Hall of Fame QB to perhaps another great QB. The list of teams that have done that is very short, like the 49ers with Montana to Young, the Packers with Favre to Rodgers, and Miami who only had a couple of years between Griese and Marino. Sometimes like the Bills are STILL looking for the next great QB how many years later? Heck look at Miami they drafted Tannelhill this year because they are still trying to replace Marino.

I generally make it a point to not agree with Collin Cowherd but I have to give it to him on this one. He was talking about how much crying Colts fans were doing and how no one felt sorry for them because they got to go to the dance with the prettiest girl there broke up with her and like five seconds later is now dating her hot younger sister.

I know Luck isn't Peyton Manning right now but you know what this decision wasn't made for this year. It was made for about five years form now when Luck is coming into his prime and is one of the best young QBs in the NFL and Peyton Manning is retiring. I think when that happens people are going to be singing a very different tune about this whole thing.

Oh for the record that wasn't all directed at you that quote just kinda got me going with my thoughts on the whole thing!

Wait wait wait whoa there buddy old pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fans know better. You act like we all are stupid or something.

It's common sense that all fans around here know that Tim Tebow was the second coming of Jesus, not Andrew Luck. Let Tim Tebow get the respect he deserves.

Sheesh...... Use a little common sense....

haha

Agree. I don't get all this Peyton talk. Or RG3.

I WANTED TEBOW. Irsay failed us a shot at greatness. With Tebow we would have never been out of a game. With Tebow we would sell a lot of jersey's. With Tebow we would have a new flock of band wagoners from all over the country. With Tebow the refs would like us more and the home games would be rabid and full of prime time goodness.

And instead he is on the Jets sideline with his legend being wasted away.

When Manning left I prayed every night Tebow would come here in a trade. Instead we got Luck. I wanted Tebow as soon as I saw him once run in a full circle last year in a game and accomplish nothing by doing it as the play broke down around him, but he stayed on his feet and pumped his fist in the air!!!!

All he does is win. He is like 10 RG3's at once.

I WANTED TEBOW. Irsay failed us a shot at greatness. With Tebow we would have never been out of a game. With Tebow we would sell a lot of jersey's. With Tebow we would have a new flock of band wagoners from all over the country. With Tebow the refs would like us more and the home games would be rabid and full of prime time goodness.

When Manning left I prayed every night Tebow would come here in a trade. Instead we got Luck. I wanted Tebow as soon as I saw him once run in a full circle last year in a game and accomplish nothing by doing it as the play broke down around him, but he stayed on his feet and pumped his fist in the air!!!!

I think your pray was misfiled as Tebow going to the Jets lead to us getting Stanton. Something got messed up in the delivery :).

That is what I mean by spoiled. Whats the problem. What is wrong with the kid. Is it that he isn't Peyton? Heck even with Peyton we are not the best team in the division, sorry but it's true. Peyton couldn't even get by the Texans in Denver with a better team then the one we have here in Indy.

So you all can go and criticize our terrible team in Indy all you want and pine for the past and Peyton but he ain't walking through that door either. What we have here is what we have and the decisions have been made. We have Luck as our QB for a long long time. And I personally couldn't be happier. I think the kid is a winner despite his rookie faults. I also think this team has a ways to go and it will be a roller coaster ride.

We are not the Peyton Colts anymore. Period. We are a team. And it's not just about Luck either. And we are not going to be a clone of the past.

To be honest, I am still sad that we are not Peyton Colts anymore. The thing is, I've been watching NFL for 25 years now, and no one ever gave me nearly as much joy to watch as Peyton did (and still does). I just loved watching him play here, and to be honest, I still watch every Denver games nowadays. I did'nt become a Denver fan in any way, but I don't want to miss watching him play while I can. I will follow and root for him until he retires, no matter where he goes.

Having said that, I totally got what Irsay and the new FO wanted/planned with this team. And as happy I am to be able to still watch Peyton in Denver, I am just as happy that we got Luck here, and they way the new management is building the team around him so far. Luck is not Peyton, and probably never will be (neither in his style, nor in greatness). But according to what I have seen so far, I believe he is a heck of a talent. He has his ups and downs, as all rookie does, but generally, he does great so far, and I am sure he will be better and better each year. So I strongly believe, that eventually, the decision to let Manning go, will justifie itself in a few years time. Even for me, a Manning fan.

haha !!!!!!!!

In the age of the dominating internet, it's hard to define "too much hype" as there is countless hype surrounding any big name player such as Luck or Griffin at that. With that said, if Luck was getting the LeBron James ESPN worship, maybe I would say he's getting too much hype :goodluck:

Good point Bogie with the internet, twitter, and ipads all athletes get an insane amount of publicity and media exposure courtesy of DSL and Wifi technology. No one can really classify as over exposed anymore. All athletes are on a level field of mouse click access now even on lackluster teams with small market cities.

We could just run screens and dump offs all day and lose games like the Redskins.

If you could and it worked like the Redskins then you would. Skins lose cause of there defense especially pass defense. You can take shots at RG3 all you want but he's a superstar and I'll say it he's better than Luck. Luck is great don't get me wrong. But the Redskins offense for the last 10 years has been one of the worst and boring offenses to watch in the NFL. this kid comes along they are now a must watch team and avg. darn near 30 points a game. And the colts have better offensive weapons than the skins do. I just don't understand why the shot at RG3 has to happen is it maybe you think deep down the Colts made the wrong choice? Is it your ticked that even though Luck was picked #1 RG3 gets every headline. You keep thinking all he does is throw screens and I'll show you a dime dropped to Santana Moss for a go ahead TD or a 4th and 10 converted with JPP and Osi getting juked out of there shoes and as he's falling throws a 20 yd. dart perfectly thrown to Logan paulsen. They are both Franchise guys no doubt but darn some of the RG3 hate I see is ridiculous.

If you could and it worked like the Redskins then you would. Skins lose cause of there defense especially pass defense. You can take shots at RG3 all you want but he's a superstar and I'll say it he's better than Luck. Luck is great don't get me wrong. But the Redskins offense for the last 10 years has been one of the worst and boring offenses to watch in the NFL. this kid comes along they are now a must watch team and avg. darn near 30 points a game. And the colts have better offensive weapons than the skins do. I just don't understand why the shot at RG3 has to happen is it maybe you think deep down the Colts made the wrong choice? Is it your ticked that even though Luck was picked #1 RG3 gets every headline. You keep thinking all he does is throw screens and I'll show you a dime dropped to Santana Moss for a go ahead TD or a 4th and 10 converted with JPP and Osi getting juked out of there shoes and as he's falling throws a 20 yd. dart perfectly thrown to Logan paulsen. They are both Franchise guys no doubt but darn some of the RG3 hate I see is ridiculous.

I didn't bother to read beyond the first line. It was a joke.

Edit: The running game is why they score so much.

But the Redskins offense for the last 10 years has been one of the worst and boring offenses to watch in the NFL. this kid comes along they are now a must watch team and avg. darn near 30 points a game. And the colts have better offensive weapons than the skins do.

The Redskins just last year as "boring" as they were, ranked 16th in total offense.

The Colts, who supposedly now "have better offensive weapons then the Skins" according to you even though they gutted everyone but Wayne, ranked 30th in total offense.

Just who are all these better offensive weapons the Colts have? Is it their rookie tight ends? The rookie wide receivers? Maybe it's Donnie Avery who was unemployed? Maybe it's the dominant O line and our explosive running game? Oh wait, it's Alfred Morris who actually is 1 yard off the rushing lead in the NFL this year. The Colts rank 22nd in rushing by the way.

I got no problem with you defending your man, but at least make accurate statements here.

I didn't bother to read beyond the first line. It was a joke.

Edit: The running game is why they score so much.

Why is the running game so good? HELLLLO RG3 he freezes Lb'ers because they have to be aware of the pass. Alfred is awesome but do you think he's an Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson. For instance when RG3 got hurt and Cousins entered the game The running game was null and void. Defenses didnt have to account for Cousins as much as RG3. In the first hald Alfred was shredding the Falcons when RG3 leaves the game HE DOES NOTHING.

The Redskins just last year as "boring" as they were, ranked 16th in total offense.

The Colts, who supposedly now "have better offensive weapons then the Skins" according to you even though they gutted everyone but Wayne, ranked 30th in total offense.

Just who are all these better offensive weapons the Colts have? Is it their rookie tight ends? The rookie wide receivers? Maybe it's Donnie Avery who was unemployed? Maybe it's the dominant O line and our explosive running game? Oh wait, it's Alfred Morris who actually is 1 yard off the rushing lead in the NFL this year. The Colts rank 22nd in rushing by the way.

I got no problem with you defending your man, but at least make accurate statements here.

Like I said above Alfred is benefiting from RG3. As far as weapons without Garcon he has a 100 year old Santana moss Leonard Hankerson Aldrick Robinson Josh Morgan. Ill take Reggie Wayne over any of those guys infact would you trade wayne for any of those guys? And the fact you were ranked 30th in offense wasnt because of weapons it was because Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter was your starting QB and as much as I hate Rex Grossman he's better than those two. And don't get me started on defense before the season started I would have laughed if a Colts fan told me there defense was better right now your defense is better. The skins have allowed a 300 yd passer and a 100 yd WR in every game except the Bucs game. And still Josh Freeman had 299 yards passing. Like i said i love Andrew Luck he's gonna win a SB or two in my opinion but I also think RG3 will as well. I see alot of subtle shots taken at RG3 on this board for the most part this board is awesome just don't understand some of the RG3 hate.

Like I said above Alfred is benefiting from RG3. As far as weapons without Garcon he has a 100 year old Santana moss Leonard Hankerson Aldrick Robinson Josh Morgan. Ill take Reggie Wayne over any of those guys infact would you trade wayne for any of those guys? And the fact you were ranked 30th in offense wasnt because of weapons it was because Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter was your starting QB and as much as I hate Rex Grossman he's better than those two. And don't get me started on defense before the season started I would have laughed if a Colts fan told me there defense was better right now your defense is better. The skins have allowed a 300 yd passer and a 100 yd WR in every game except the Bucs game. And still Josh Freeman had 299 yards passing. Like i said i love Andrew Luck he's gonna win a SB or two in my opinion but I also think RG3 will as well. I see alot of subtle shots taken at RG3 on this board for the most part this board is awesome just don't understand some of the RG3 hate.

I don't think you give your RB or O line enough credit. There are a bunch of excellent QB's in this league who do not have a running back in the top 2 in rushing. Peyton Manning may go down as the greatest to ever play and his running game was terrible in his late years here. I guess defenses didn't respect Manning?

Your argument that the Colts have more offensive weapons just isn't true. Moss may be old, but he's still a playmaker. You also had a pretty decent tight end in Fred Davis before he got hurt last week. You have a running back who may lead the league in rushing. The Colts have Wayne and a bunch of unproven rookies and castoffs. There is a reason pretty much everyone thought that RG would enjoy a better first season and that was because the talent around him was better then what the Colts had. Yes Painter and Collins were bad last year, but the talent level here was not very good, thats why many were released and they basically started over.

Why is the running game so good? HELLLLO RG3 he freezes Lb'ers because they have to be aware of the pass. Alfred is awesome but do you think he's an Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson. For instance when RG3 got hurt and Cousins entered the game The running game was null and void. Defenses didnt have to account for Cousins as much as RG3. In the first hald Alfred was shredding the Falcons when RG3 leaves the game HE DOES NOTHING.

The running game is what it is because of Shanny. Having a running QB could actually hurt the running game if they stack the box.

The running game is what it is because of Shanny. Having a running QB could actually hurt the running game if they stack the box.

Teams can stack the box all they want RG3 can and will beat teams throwing the ball. His quick release and accuracy are insane. Read the comments the Giants gave him after the game and they dont usually give compliments they usually talk trash.

I don't think you give your RB or O line enough credit. There are a bunch of excellent QB's in this league who do not have a running back in the top 2 in rushing. Peyton Manning may go down as the greatest to ever play and his running game was terrible in his late years here. I guess defenses didn't respect Manning?

Your argument that the Colts have more offensive weapons just isn't true. Moss may be old, but he's still a playmaker. You also had a pretty decent tight end in Fred Davis before he got hurt last week. You have a running back who may lead the league in rushing. The Colts have Wayne and a bunch of unproven rookies and castoffs. There is a reason pretty much everyone thought that RG would enjoy a better first season and that was because the talent around him was better then what the Colts had. Yes Painter and Collins were bad last year, but the talent level here was not very good, thats why many were released and they basically started over.

But you know just like I know that Wayne is 100 times the wr Moss is and anyone if they had a choice would choose Wayne. And I agree before the season everyone me included said RG3 would have a better year because he had the better weapons. But injuries changed that Garcon is out since basically week 1 now Davis is out and personally the injury to Garcon its starting to come out its similar to Sean Lee's toe injury and could put him out for the season. Nobody knew Alfred Morris would do what he's doing. But as far as weapons overall regarding TE's and WR's i give the Colts a slight edge. Bottom line is both QB's are turning chicken % into chicken salad.

I love how the sudden offensive success of the Redskins is due to RG3 being surrounded by all this "talent"...going into the season ESPN the magazine said the Skins would go 2-14 due to the absense of any talent. That * Mike Greenberg said yesterday during his and Golic's daily "RG3 vs. Luck" debate that RG3 benefits from an excellent defense. Do these . watch the games or even read box scores?

Hey bud, knock yourself out with your stats. I actually watch the games. Not going to waste my time with someone named loluck....really?

This is the equivalent of "la la la can't hear you". On pace for an NFL record passing yards against, yet the Skins have a good defense because your astounding eye for defensive talent tells you so when you "watch the games" loluck

How about you take your own advice instead of cherry picking stats? 16th in yards, but what about in points? That's what really matters. The Redskins averaged 18 points a game. Good for 26th. Served.

I love how the sudden offensive success of the Redskins is due to RG3 being surrounded by all this "talent"...going into the season ESPN the magazine said the Skins would go 2-14 due to the absense of any talent. That * Mike Greenberg said yesterday during his and Golic's daily "RG3 vs. Luck" debate that RG3 benefits from an excellent defense. Do these . watch the games or even read box scores?

Nobody was arguing that the Skins have a ton of talent of offense, just that they have more then the Colts, which is true. That includes offensive line,

How about you take your own advice instead of cherry picking stats? 16th in yards, but what about in points? That's what really matters. The Redskins averaged 18 points a game. Good for 26th. Served.

I don't need to take my own advice. The Redskins finished 16th in total offense just like i said. The Colts finished 30th. Now you tell me which offense was "boring".

If you wanna talk points, you still lose the argument as the Colts were 28th in points.

Thanks and come back anytime.

Nobody was arguing that the Skins have a ton of talent of offense, just that they have more then the Colts, which is true. That includes offensive line,

Would that include our one super good offensive linemen and the 4 journeymen at best that currently start? Reggie Wayne >>>> than any skill players on the Redskins. Throw in the first round TE and it's actually about even.

I don't need to take my own advice. The Redskins finished 16th in total offense just like i said. The Colts finished 30th. Now you tell me which offense was "boring".

If you wanna talk points, you still lose the argument as the Colts were 28th in points.

Thanks and come back anytime.

I'm back. 28th was the byproduct of tanking. The minute the Colts decided to stick with Painter for that long it was an obvious tank job.

I'm back. 28th was the byproduct of tanking. The minute the Colts decided to stick with Painter for that long it was an obvious tank job.

The problem with the tanking games argument is that one would have to say Painter was tanking games since he was the starting QB, do you really think Painter tanked games knowing that losing and playing as bad as they did could very well get him and many others fired, which it eventually did. Players play for even a higher cause then draft position or even to win or lose a game, they play to keep jobs...In other words money, Now I know most play for wins and losses and all that stuff but if what they can make is taken away or can be taken away because of those wins and losses then I feel pretty confident in saying they did not tank games, Now maybe colts managment may have had that in mind but we have no proof to say that that was the case, Jim just took what eventually became the obvious choice for them to take, That doesn't mean players tanked games

In what universe is the 28th defense in points, the 29th ranked defense in yards, the 32nd ranked defense against the pass, and 7th against the run (because teams don't have to run against the Skins) better than the 24th overall in points, the 16th ranked defense in yards, 7th in passing, and 26th against the run? I mean FFS...

:facepalm:

The problem with the tanking games argument is that one would have to say Painter was tanking games since he was the starting QB, do you really think Painter tanked games knowing that losing and playing as bad as they did could very well get him and many others fired, which it eventually did. Players play for even a higher cause then draft position or even to win or lose a game, they play to keep jobs...In other words money, Now I know most play for wins and losses and all that stuff but if what they can make is taken away or can be taken away because of those wins and losses then I feel pretty confident in saying they did not tank games, Now maybe colts managment may have had that in mind but we have no proof to say that that was the case, Jim just took what eventually became the obvious choice for them to take, That doesn't mean players tanked games

Polian thought he was safe, but this publicly gave the Colts a good reason to part ways with him for years of bad drafts. Starting Painter was their method of tanking. They knew he couldn't win. That's why to save themselves from going defeated they put in Orlovsky once the #1 overall was locked in. Painter is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 25, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, October 25, 2012 - personal shot

:facepalm:

Are you literate? Not to be a smart butt but what don't you understand about what is on pace to be the worst pass defense in the history of the NFL?

Polian thought he was safe, but this publicly gave the Colts a good reason to part ways with him for years of bad drafts. Starting Painter was their method of tanking. They knew he couldn't win. That's why to save themselves from going defeated they put in Orlovsky once the #1 overall was locked in. Painter is one of the worst I have ever seen.

You make no sense. If the Colts wanted to tank they would have just let Painter continue starting the entire season and they wouldn't have even bothered wasting the money on Collins either. They didn't have the number 1 draft pick locked up until the last game of the season and Painter did not even play in that game!

You make no sense. If the Colts wanted to tank they would have just let Painter continue starting the entire season and they wouldn't have even bothered wasting the money on Collins either. They didn't have the number 1 draft pick locked up until the last game of the season and Painter did not even play in that game!

My bad. I thought they locked it up in the second to last game. Either way, it was totally in their control at that point and there was no way they were winning that last game.

My bad. I thought they locked it up in the second to last game. Either way, it was totally in their control at that point and there was no way they were winning that last game.

If that was the case they would have gone back to painter and not started orlovsky.

Do you really think polian and Caldwell were tanking games since it resulted in them getting fired? That argument blows up right there.

If that was the case they would have gone back to painter and not started orlovsky.

Do you really think polian and Caldwell were tanking games since it resulted in them getting fired? That argument blows up right there.

They thought they would be safe, but both are dunces and this was a great excuse to make the move. Putting Painter back in after yanking him would be too obvious and the league office would have been forced to strip the pick.