Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was Luck hyped to much?

coltsfanmilyman

Kudos to FJC and RGIII for taking the time to lay out some pretty good statistics.

The sheep stay inside their pen Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

To the flock... end of the day...., you are defending a #31 ranked passer.....ranked under....so hard to say.....Mark Sanchez.

Thats it. Its as simple as that.

We all like Andrew Luck. We all know he is a rookie. We all know its just a handful of games. We all know the OL sucks. But some of you are making excuses and that is fine.

Question the FO. Question the coaches. Question the players effort and ability.

Challenge them all to deliver a winner NOW. Afterall we sacrificed EVERYTHING for this.

AFter all thats what PM did for so many years. He demanded a winner. No, he willed it.

These seats aren't free.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work there III. BTW, what's Griffin's W/L Pct at the moment? The only stat that counts.

That said, I think many on here are obsessed on how well Griffin plays. I will only care when he's opposite our D. The rest is a just a pile of kidney beans. But anyone who doesn't rate the kid is blind.

Not as good as it ought to be. Griffin has put his team in a position to win every single week this season but he can't do everything himself.

totally different ran offences and teams. they have rg3 run all these weird option plays, and he barely throws the ball compaired to Luck. They have a better line, and oh I dont know...there defense is better also. Was fliiping back and forth to see what the hype about RG3 was. all I saw was media driven crap. dude has nothing on Luck, period.

At this point I've watched both QBs extensively. I haven't just flipped back and forth or caught bits and pieces of Luck and cobbled together an opinion on him. Luck is going to be a very good QB if you guys can get the right pieces in around him and be a little bit more balanced than you have been. However, his accuracy, decision-making, and consistency so far has paled in comparison to Griffin's. I honestly didn't expect what I've seen out of Griffin this year in my wildest dreams and in the back of my head I can't imagine it continuing... but no one has figured us out yet. Our QB hasn't even had a down game yet and we've frustrated the heck out of every defense we've played this year while showing something new in each and every game.

It is true that Griffin barely throws the ball compared to Luck but EVERYBODY barely throws the ball compared to Luck. Luck was on pace to set an NFL record for attempts going in to the Browns game. I believe he's now third in attempts per game after a relatively quieter outing but I still consider it crazy that Arians has his rookie throwing that much. Griffin's currently projecting to about 3600 yards, 16 TDs and 7 INTs on 304/432 (70.3%) passing with over 1000 yards and 14 TDs rushing. You'd have to be crazier than Arians to tell me that those aren't good numbers for a rookie, he'd be leading the league in completion % and YPA.

Nice research. That took some time, and just wanted to show some appreciation for the effort even if it goes against the local mantra...

Thanks. Gotta pull something like that out every now and then so that people will just take my word for it on certain subjects. :thmup:

Luck was on pace to set an NFL record for attempts going in to the Browns game. I believe he's now third in attempts per game after a relatively quieter outing but I still consider it crazy that Arians has his rookie throwing that much.

One of the staggering amount of variables us Colts fans have tried to factor in when determining our chances for success this year, the coaching staff. This coaching staff apparently didn't get the memo from teh FO.

We were told we were going to build the monster. I never thought the Monster meant that our Rookie QB would have more rushing TDs than all our 'Backs combined. I never imagined the Monstor airing it out for 50 attempts a game. I never imagined that the Monster would STILL be unable to stop the run. In fact it seems like all we did is replace the GOAT with a rookie and expect him to carry the team. Peyton could barely do it as the talent dwindled around him. How can anyone expect Luck to do it now?

Alot of people take all these factors that we are pointing out as negatives and simply labeling us as "luck haters" when that isn't the fact at all. You need to put the kid in a position to be his best, and we just aren't doing that right now.

Kudos to FJC and RGIII for taking the time to lay out some pretty good statistics.

The sheep stay inside their pen Though many times they've seen the way to leave.

To the flock... end of the day...., you are defending a #31 ranked passer.....ranked under....so hard to say.....Mark Sanchez.

Thats it. Its as simple as that.

We all like Andrew Luck. We all know he is a rookie. We all know its just a handful of games. We all know the OL sucks. But some of you are making excuses and that is fine.

Question the FO. Question the coaches. Question the players effort and ability.

Challenge them all to deliver a winner NOW. Afterall we sacrificed EVERYTHING for this.

AFter all thats what PM did for so many years. He demanded a winner. No, he willed it.

These seats aren't free.

I wish he willed/demanded it more in the playoffs then.

This forum is becoming ridiculous btw. I don't blame a few good posters for taking time off.

What a spoiled spoiled fanbase here.

One of the staggering amount of variables us Colts fans have tried to factor in when determining our chances for success this year, the coaching staff. This coaching staff apparently didn't get the memo from teh FO.

We were told we were going to build the monster. I never thought the Monster meant that our Rookie QB would have more rushing TDs than all our 'Backs combined. I never imagined the Monstor airing it out for 50 attempts a game. I never imagined that the Monster would STILL be unable to stop the run. In fact it seems like all we did is replace the GOAT with a rookie and expect him to carry the team. Peyton could barely do it as the talent dwindled around him. How can anyone expect Luck to do it now?

Alot of people take all these factors that we are pointing out as negatives and simply labeling us as "luck haters" when that isn't the fact at all. You need to put the kid in a position to be his best, and we just aren't doing that right now.

But honestly what did you expect? You said it yourself the talent had been dwindling even when Manning was here. Then last year they win 2 games and completely gut the team. It's going to take more then 6 games to build this team back. Expecting the monster to be built in one season simply is not realistic when looking at where this team was at. 3-3 is right where they should be in my opinion.

Hmmm. I wanted to respond as soon as i saw this thread but i waited to see what everyone had to say.

After reading through 166 messages i still could not change my initial response.

my 2 cents :

First of all you cannot compare stats between qb's playing in different conferences, against different defenses and employing different offensive philosophies.

Reason being it is not accurate to judge every throw, scenario and playcalling.

Luck is being treated as 5 year NFL veteran quaterback by Arians and RG3 has been handled by shanahan as if he was still playing at Baylor.

However fact is that RG3 has exceeded expectations, while Luck seems to be boderline OK as far as expectations go.

Now people forget that Luck had unrealistic expectations and RG3 had moderate expectations.

On a scale of 10 Luck was expected to score 12 and RG3 6.

So enjoy both of them and be excited as football fans.

But honestly what did you expect? You said it yourself the talent had been dwindling even when Manning was here. Then last year they win 2 games and completely gut the team. It's going to take more then 6 games to build this team back. Expecting the monster to be built in one season simply is not realistic when looking at where this team was at. 3-3 is right where they should be in my opinion.

Well he said this in Broncos talk NFL General last week:

WOW YOU ALL DRANK IRSAYS KOOL AID AND YOUR STILL SIPPING IT WHILE READING PMS ACCOLADES.

Seriously, I was right in March. I will continue to be right next march and the march after that.

I wonder how many Andrew Lucks will be drafted while PM is still able to be PM.

Or better yet, how many Peyton Mannings will be drafted while PM is still able to be PM.

I just don't get it at times. I mean, sure I admit Luck has had some issues. I take offense at the constant nitpicking, personal demands and comparisons though at times. What is the point?

This team was gutted in the offseason, their leader is fighting cancer and we were the worst team in the league last year. Just a few weeks ago they managed to out score Aaron Rodgers and the Pack and everyone loved them. Now after a bad loss to the Jets and a quiet win vs. Cleveland the spoiledness comes out again.

I went to the game Sunday and while it was uneventful for the most part I really enjoyed myself. I saw my team gut out a win mostly on the ground and move to 3-3 instead of 2-4.

I did not spend hours after the game crying over Luck's stats either. I know what this kid is capable of, we have seen it. I don't expect fireworks every week either.

Sometimes I feel like our fanbase resembles the Giants for many years with how they reacted to everything Eli did on their forums good or bad and comparing him to Ben or Rivers or Peyton. Heck I would jump for joy too if Luck turned into the next Eli and we snagged a few SB titles in the clutch.

I just don't get it at times. I mean, sure I admit Luck has had some issues. I take offense at the constant nitpicking, personal demands and comparisons though at times. What is the point?

This team was gutted in the offseason, their leader is fighting cancer and we were the worst team in the league last year. Just a few weeks ago they managed to out score Aaron Rodgers and the Pack and everyone loved them. Now after a bad loss to the Jets and a quiet win vs. Cleveland the spoiledness comes out again.

I went to the game Sunday and while it was uneventful for the most part I really enjoyed myself. I saw my team gut out a win mostly on the ground and move to 3-3 instead of 2-4.

I did not spend hours after the game crying over Luck's stats either. I know what this kid is capable of, we have seen it. I don't expect fireworks every week either.

Sometimes I feel like our fanbase resembles the Giants for many years with how they reacted to everything Eli did on their forums good or bad and comparing him to Ben or Rivers or Peyton. Heck I would jump for joy too if Luck turned into the next Eli and we snagged a few SB titles in the clutch.

Yeah, reading that post pretty much confirms what i was thinking. He's just bitter over the decision.

Well said, Jules.

I have said it before. Both QBs are in places they are comfortable with right now. Only a fool (and some outlandish expectations) would have expected this team, as assembled right now, to not have growing pains. Every QB takes a season or two to establish his identity, especially in an offensive system that is not mature. The system at Washington is year 3 of Shanahan's offense being installed, let us remember that. The QB is a rookie, but the offensive system and O-line is not, it is more mature than ours. Having said that, Mike Shanahan is a better QB coach than Arians is w.r.t adapting to QB's strengths, Steve Young and John Elway can attest to that. Sorry McNabb. :)

If we were talking about the same issues a year from now with the rookies being rookies no more and the GM with all the dead cap space room to better the team, THAT IS WHEN I WILL HAVE AN ISSUE. There is no doubt that we were willing to mortgage a short term of possibly 2 years for team lows for a long term of 12 years or more in terms of team highs. While it is marketing on Irsay's part to state that this team should be able to compete for the playoffs, we all should have some realistic glasses on and look at this team as it is objectively. This team is a .500 team at best.

Well said, Jules.

I have said it before. Both QBs are in places they are comfortable with right now. Only a fool (and some outlandish expectations) would have expected this team, as assembled right now, to not have growing pains. Every QB takes a season or two to establish his identity, especially in an offensive system that is not mature. The system at Washington is year 3 of Shanahan's offense being installed, let us remember that. The QB is a rookie, but the offensive system and O-line is not, it is more mature than ours. Having said that, Mike Shanahan is a better QB coach than Arians is w.r.t adapting to QB's strengths, Steve Young and John Elway can attest to that. Sorry McNabb. :)

If we were talking about the same issues a year from now with the rookies being rookies no more and the GM with all the dead cap space room to better the team, THAT IS WHEN I WILL HAVE AN ISSUE. There is no doubt that we were willing to mortgage a short term of possibly 2 years for team lows for a long term of 12 years or more in terms of team highs. While it is marketing on Irsay's part to state that this team should be able to compete for the playoffs, we all should have some realistic glasses on and look at this team as it is objectively. This team is a .500 team at best.

I think the potential of Luck is sky high, but there is no consistency yet. I am not sure I expected him to be 2011 Aaron Rodgers this year and I hope nobody else did.

Heck I love Rodgers and am still in awe that we actually beat him. lmao

And you know chad that I always loved Peyton even if I felt it was the right move to go in a new direction since last season. (even if a few of his fans make it difficult and they know who they are-not you) I think he has his faults though but I always dug his game and what he did here. And I hope he does well in Denver as long as it does not hurt the Colts. I am not a Broncos fan though and won't pretend to be. I don't think we should also hope Luck is a mini me version of Peyton and this robot that was created in a lab to step in where Peyton took off in 2009-2010. He is a human and will develop his own path in this league and is his own person.

Before the draft more compared him to Eli then Peyton in terms of personality and I can actually see this.

I think Colts fans are also used to having a more charismatic outgoing QB too which is why sometimes they talk about Peyton and RG3 so much. RG3 and Peyton will get the highlights on ESPN and the quotes....

The Colts seem to be much more "quiet" under Andrew Luck. And to me thats fine. I don't want Luck to be what he isn't.

Ummm...just no. Offensive line is atrocious when RG3 dropsback. The wrinkles are to mask the offensive line's deficiencies. If RG3 had a defense the Skins would be 6-1. They are currently on pace to allow a franchise record 6619.2 yards per game (3rd most in NFL history I believe). Also on pace to allow a NFL record 5254 passing yards. Luck would be 0-6 with this defense. I love destroying ignorance with facts...loluck

well get with me when you have some facts then. cause redskins defense is better than ours, fact. RG3 would be 0-6 on the Colts. ignorance is bliss...

I wish he willed/demanded it more in the playoffs then.

This forum is becoming ridiculous btw. I don't blame a few good posters for taking time off.

this is why I left, well that and the forums kept getting bounced around. I like talking Colts football. but even a bunch of supposed to be colts fans are flat out ridiculous. im sorry manning got hurt and sat out the whole year and we had a horrible record and had a chance at drafting another great qb. he didnt want to stay cause he knew what situation we were in. he could of took a pay cut, he didnt. hes gone, GET OVER it. but people cant wait to bash luck or say this person or that person is so much better. guess what, I dont give a flying rats butt. Im a Colts fan and will support the team and who is on it. EVERYONE else is the enemy. imo...ofcourse :)

well get with me when you have some facts then. cause redskins defense is better than ours, fact. RG3 would be 0-6 on the Colts. ignorance is bliss...

In what universe is the 28th defense in points, the 29th ranked defense in yards, the 32nd ranked defense against the pass, and 7th against the run (because teams don't have to run against the Skins) better than the 24th overall in points, the 16th ranked defense in yards, 7th in passing, and 26th against the run? I mean FFS...

unnecessary comment and it is irresponsible to call anyone who doesn't agree with you spoiled.

I expected us to be mediocre and while our record shows that we are decent, we are far from decent. I would go on a limb to say we're mediocre.

Ray Lewis said we're a terrible team without peyton manning. He was right as we saw last year. Now we're a terrible team with a rookie QB. Even teh rookie we chose to replace PM is debatable. I'm glad we chose Luck over RG3 for the record (not that any of that matters since to some of you all I'm another luck hater even tho I was his biggest fan in college)

[Here Jules goes to another section, finds a post by me, quotes it and uses it out of context here]

Undecided Frog, is that you? LOL. Only Undecided Frog would take the time to find a post I made in one section to take me out of context in another. I believe he got banned for stuff like this.

If we were talking about the same issues a year from now with the rookies being rookies no more and the GM with all the dead cap space room to better ...

We will be.

unnecessary comment and it is irresponsible to call anyone who doesn't agree with you spoiled.

I expected us to be mediocre and while our record shows that we are decent, we are far from decent. I would go on a limb to say we're mediocre.

Ray Lewis said we're a terrible team without peyton manning. He was right as we saw last year. Now we're a terrible team with a rookie QB. Even teh rookie we chose to replace PM is debatable. I'm glad we chose Luck over RG3 for the record (not that any of that matters since to some of you all I'm another luck hater even tho I was his biggest fan in college)

Undecided Frog, is that you? LOL. Only Undecided Frog would take the time to find a post I made in one section to take me out of context in another. I believe he got banned for stuff like this.

We will be.

Nope, I am not frog and I have been a member here off and on since 2007. But at the same time why he got banned I have no idea considering what some here get away with.

And yes we are spoiled, I will say it again and it is has been apparent to me for many years as people got used to winning 12+ games a year. (before the usual playoff loss but thats a different topic in itself) You do not have to agree with me. Nobody does.I am not calling you a Luck hater either. But, it is apparent who here is still hung up due to Manning leaving and who has moved on and can critique Luck without being bitter.

You mention Ray Lewis. Thats nice. Sure this team was bad without Manning, look at last year. It went deeper then just Peyton though and you can see this by the moves Irsay made from top to bottom.

Now we are 3-3. You think we are 3-3 with Painter? You think a lot of QBs lead that second half comeback over the Packers? Is Luck that bad to some of you so far? Is it really that bad as a whole here?

That is what I mean by spoiled. Whats the problem. What is wrong with the kid. Is it that he isn't Peyton?

Heck even with Peyton we are not the best team in the division, sorry but it's true. Peyton couldn't even get by the Texans in Denver with a better team then the one we have here in Indy.

So you all can go and criticize our terrible team in Indy all you want and pine for the past and Peyton but he ain't walking through that door either.

What we have here is what we have and the decisions have been made. We have Luck as our QB for a long long time. And I personally couldn't be happier. I think the kid is a winner despite his rookie faults. I also think this team has a ways to go and it will be a roller coaster ride.

We are not the Peyton Colts anymore. Period. We are a team. And it's not just about Luck either. And we are not going to be a clone of the past.

It is also tough to build the monster when the man who said it is fighting cancer every moment and was supposed to be an instrumental part in leading the charge. And heck I would take him back healthy over any wins right now.

This team is still doing the best they can though considering the circumstances and with what they got. If this isn't good enough for you then I'm sorry. Maybe we lose this weekend to the Titans but many will be happier if Luck has better stats in a loss and then everyone can say the team let our GOAT in training down. (like Peyton!).

The Skins D is bad this year. In fact, they're absolutely terrible. Astronomically abhorrent, even. Truly atrocious all-around.

However, we have a top 5 offense and our QB is the engine that makes everything in it work and allows us to compete with anybody.

In what universe is the 28th defense in points, the 29th ranked defense in yards, the 32nd ranked defense against the pass, and 7th against the run (because teams don't have to run against the Skins) better than the 24th overall in points, the 16th ranked defense in yards, 7th in passing, and 26th against the run? I mean FFS...

Our defense is actually legitimately good against the run, mind you. We're 7th in yards per rushing attempt allowed in addition to being 8th in total rushing yards allowed. Between that, our ineptitude in pass defense, and our offense's high scoring nature, teams pretty much have to throw on us. We just can't generate any sort of consistent pass rush and every safety on our roster has been hurt at some point this season except for the guy who blew the Giants game for us (neither of our starters have actually even played one snap thanks to a suspension and a freak knee injury).

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened that caused us to become so bad, so quickly. It's a weird miasma of scheme/playcalling, injury, and talent.

You guys just need pieces and reps to get better. Pagano ought to whip things in to shape when he gets back.

The Skins D is bad this year. In fact, they're absolutely terrible. Astronomically abhorrent, even. Truly atrocious all-around.

However, we have a top 5 offense and our QB is the engine that makes everything in it work and allows us to compete with anybody.

Our defense is actually legitimately good against the run, mind you. We're 7th in yards per rushing attempt allowed in addition to being 8th in total rushing yards allowed. Between that, our ineptitude in pass defense, and our offense's high scoring nature, teams pretty much have to throw on us. We just can't generate any sort of consistent pass rush and every safety on our roster has been hurt at some point this season (neither of our starters have actually even played one snap thanks to a suspension and a freak knee injury).

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened that caused us to become so bad, so quickly. It's a weird miasma of scheme/playcalling, injury, and talent.

You guys just need pieces and reps to get better. Pagano ought to whip things in to shape when he gets back.

LOL the Skins D is horrible but injuries might take a part in this.

I honestly don't think the Colts D or O is great or even good. They are both somewhere in the middle to me with occasional moments of "Wow they have potential to be good!".

The truth is that there are a lot of fans who stick around for the sole purpose of saying "I told you so." They are waiting for Luck to implode, they scrutinize his every move in hopes to impugn what Irsay did. They don't want Luck to ever achieve the success Manning has (1 SB in 14 years, darn what an achievement /s). It reminds me of extremists really, no matter what logic you present them with, it doesn't matter. In this case Manning is their God. The truth is Manning is not even the best QB to ever wear a Colts jersey.

I don't think anyone could have lived up to the hype the media surrounded him with. You would think he had 10 Super Bowls, and a hall dedicated to him in Canton.

However, he has played great so far. We can only hope it improves.

The truth is Manning is not even the best QB to ever wear a Colts jersey.

It's kind of hard when the QB ahead of you is the father of modern QB'ing. That being said, he is right next to Johnny.

Nope, I am not frog and I have been a member here off and on since 2007. But at the same time why he got banned I have no idea considering what some here get away with.

And yes we are spoiled, I will say it again and it is has been apparent to me for many years as people got used to winning 12+ games a year. (before the usual playoff loss but thats a different topic in itself) You do not have to agree with me. Nobody does.I am not calling you a Luck hater either. But, it is apparent who here is still hung up due to Manning leaving and who has moved on and can critique Luck without being bitter.

You mention Ray Lewis. Thats nice. Sure this team was bad without Manning, look at last year. It went deeper then just Peyton though and you can see this by the moves Irsay made from top to bottom.

Now we are 3-3. You think we are 3-3 with Painter? You think a lot of QBs lead that second half comeback over the Packers? Is Luck that bad to some of you so far? Is it really that bad as a whole here?

That is what I mean by spoiled. Whats the problem. What is wrong with the kid. Is it that he isn't Peyton?

Heck even with Peyton we are not the best team in the division, sorry but it's true. Peyton couldn't even get by the Texans in Denver with a better team then the one we have here in Indy.

So you all can go and criticize our terrible team in Indy all you want and pine for the past and Peyton but he ain't walking through that door either.

What we have here is what we have and the decisions have been made. We have Luck as our QB for a long long time. And I personally couldn't be happier. I think the kid is a winner despite his rookie faults. I also think this team has a ways to go and it will be a roller coaster ride.

We are not the Peyton Colts anymore. Period. We are a team. And it's not just about Luck either. And we are not going to be a clone of the past.

I'm sorry my post upset you even though it seems that you didn't actually read any of them.. I have never bashed luck. I never criticized luck. I was never bitter towards luck. I am however bashing the fans that defend him no matter what, like he is the second coming of Jesus. To not even admit he was over hyped is ridiculous. By definition over hyped means to promote in excess. It doesn't mean to not live up to expectations. Does that help anyone admit that he was over hyped, now that its not his fault. I mean what is wrong with saying he was over hyped? I feel some people just scan a post to see if someone is pro or con and then bash the cons without really reading them.

My mantra here is we are entitled to expect more, since we gave up a lot. We did give up a lot. Some folks see us as having given up nothing, but that is simply not true. I don't think there is anything wrong with a fan that expects to win every year. If you don't win, you go after the reasons why you are not winning. Right now, those reasons have nothing to do with Luck but more the actions taken by our FO prior to the season.

You are assuming that we would have had Curtis Painter as our QB this year? Why would Curtis Painter be playing? We had Peyton Manning.

And finally to your last point, we are already becoming a clone of our past. We still can't run and we still can't stop the run. We broke the only thing that worked and refused to fix the rest. That is my secondary agenda on these forums. You got rid of mannign to rebuild? Great. So lets rebuild I would have started with teh Oline and a RB. I would have then worked on stopping the run. I don't see progress in those areas. The hope is that in 5 years, when Manning has retired we will have a great club. The truth is that we may have cap issues again in 5 years anyway. In the meantime, I expect us to continue to win 10 games every year. There isn't anything wrong with that expectation. If you expect to win less, then great

I'm sorry my post upset you even though it seems that you didn't actually read any of them.. I have never bashed luck. I never criticized luck. I was never bitter towards luck. I am however bashing the fans that defend him no matter what, like he is the second coming of Jesus. To not even admit he was over hyped is ridiculous. By definition over hyped means to promote in excess. It doesn't mean to not live up to expectations. Does that help anyone admit that he was over hyped, now that its not his fault. I mean what is wrong with saying he was over hyped? I feel some people just scan a post to see if someone is pro or con and then bash the cons without really reading them.

My mantra here is we are entitled to expect more, since we gave up a lot. We did give up a lot. Some folks see us as having given up nothing, but that is simply not true. I don't think there is anything wrong with a fan that expects to win every year. If you don't win, you go after the reasons why you are not winning. Right now, those reasons have nothing to do with Luck but more the actions taken by our FO prior to the season.

You are assuming that we would have had Curtis Painter as our QB this year? Why would Curtis Painter be playing? We had Peyton Manning.

And finally to your last point, we are already becoming a clone of our past. We still can't run and we still can't stop the run. We broke the only thing that worked and refused to fix the rest. That is my secondary agenda on these forums. You got rid of mannign to rebuild? Great. So lets rebuild I would have started with teh Oline and a RB. I would have then worked on stopping the run. I don't see progress in those areas. The hope is that in 5 years, when Manning has retired we will have a great club. The truth is that we may have cap issues again in 5 years anyway. In the meantime, I expect us to continue to win 10 games every year. There isn't anything wrong with that expectation. If you expect to win less, then great

I don't think we can fix everything in one year. I understand your concerns though and I have some of the same. I just think it is too soon to truly worry right now. I think we will know more in the next few weeks.....if we get blown out in TN I might get more worried too.....and I truly hope we win or at least keep it close.

Lets have faith it can work out. I truly believe we are headed up and not down. It won't happen over night though.

I appreciate your honesty though and taking the time to explain your point of view. Thank you for that.

I also agree the o line could have been better for Luck heading into this season.

The truth is that there are a lot of fans who stick around for the sole purpose of saying "I told you so." They are waiting for Luck to implode, they scrutinize his every move in hopes to impugn what Irsay did. They don't want Luck to ever achieve the success Manning has (1 SB in 14 years, darn what an achievement /s). It reminds me of extremists really, no matter what logic you present them with, it doesn't matter. In this case Manning is their God. The truth is Manning is not even the best QB to ever wear a Colts jersey.

I've been a colts fan for 30 years. So, I've been "sticking around" for 30 years just to say I told you so? LOL.

I was going to say the same thing about the people who can't even admit Luck was overly promoted. No matter what logic you throw at them, they can't see it.

As A.L. matures, those 'tight windows' will open up and his deep throws will find their targets. Seems to me he throws an awful lot while on the move - as the line gets better he'll be able to settle down in the pocket a bit more and his accuracy will improve.

He is 4 months out of being a TRUE student-athlete. Practice (and repetition) makes perfect.

Write it down.

Above is all true. To add a bit , Luck is being asked to run a pro stlye offense with mostly rookies and a crappy offensive line. RG3 is running pretty much the same thing he did at Baylor with a ground game that averages over 5 yards a carry. It's a little more difficult trying to throw a dart into a small window than it is running the option and hitting a bubble screen that goes for 15 yards. RG3 is a wonderfull talent but he is not asked to make the diffficult throws that Luck is. The question in my mind is how well will RG3 hold up running for 1000 yards every season. The sample size is small but it says "good LUCK with that one."

I don't know if he was overhyped really , but if anyone expects another Peyton Manning they are probably going to be dissapointed. PM, by all measures, is on the Mount Rushmore of QB's all-time. I really don't think he is ever going to be quite the passer PM was, but he has much better mobility, tremendous toughness and work ethic and if the Colt's actually put a top notch D up with him, he could surpass PM's 1 SB win.

I don't think we can fix everything in one year. I understand your concerns though and I have some of the same. I just think it is too soon to truly worry right now. I think we will know more in the next few weeks.....if we get blown out in TN I might get more worried too.....and I truly hope we win or at least keep it close.

Lets have faith it can work out. I truly believe we are headed up and not down. It won't happen over night though.

I appreciate your honesty though and taking the time to explain your point of view. Thank you for that.

I also agree the o line could have been better for Luck heading into this season.

This was the first team drafting for a reason.....

Lots of cheez in the off season.

And if AL can get a running game maybe he can hit on a few down field next season.

I don't know if he was overhyped really , but if anyone expects another Peyton Manning they are probably going to be dissapointed. PM, by all measures, is on the Mount Rushmore of QB's all-time. I really don't think he is ever going to be quite the passer PM was, but he has much better mobility, tremendous toughness and work ethic and if the Colt's actually put a top notch D up with him, he could surpass PM's 1 SB win.

shall I add... AL is looking 100 times better than PM did his first season in the NFL.

With a far worse team. No Tarik Glenn, Harrison, Dilger, Pollard, or FAULK.......

Lets keep things in perspective. Washington is #1 in the NFL in rushing. Indy is 25th.\

Say what you want... but Manning made it happen for a broke down OL for the last few years and guess what.........

Luck is 3-3 after last seasons disaster.... doing the same.

And still they want to complain.

Amazing.... really...

Hey bud, knock yourself out with your stats. I actually watch the games. Not going to waste my time with someone named loluck....really?

I believe 100% that Andrew would be received completely differently, by some fans, if he was the number 1 draft pick QB replacing a RETIRING Peyton Manning instead of a still active Peyton Manning.

Yes, there is still a "bitter" portion of the Indy fan base.

Yes, there is still a "bitter" portion of the Indy fan base.

I honestly cannot see where these people don't understand why letting PM was a good decision. What would have been the point of keeping PM so we could go 9-7 and lose in the first round of the playoffs? With this Oline, PM might not even be playing right now. There would have been no point in sitting Luck for another year of Manning. The kid has to learn on the job like PM did and he will.

I admit I don't go channel surfing all day & night looking for the talking heads to say something about the Colts.

But I haven't heard one thing negative about Luck or his lack of accuracy outside this forum.

It could just be that Peytonites are resentful that Manning is no longer here and Luck is the reason why any they will scrutinize anything and everything Luck does/doesn't do to justify in their mind that releasing Manning was a horrible thing.

In one thread someone pointed out that Luck was already running the no-huddle and it wasn't til Manning's 2nd season before he did that. One response actually gave Peyton credit for Luck picking up the offense so early.

I really think some of Peyton's fans who are still Colt fans will have mixed feelings if & when Luck wins his first playoff game before Manning did and if & when Luck wins more Super Bowls than Peyton.