Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One thing about you guys

Arodgers12

The Colts have class. Your whole organization and your fans. Peyton Manning played for one of the best franchises ever. The Patriots and Steelers could learn a thing or two from you guys. I like Andrew Luck what a classy great young player he is. Hope you beat the Jets next week.

The Colts have class. Your whole organization and your fans. Peyton Manning played for one of the best franchises ever. The Patriots and Steelers could learn a thing or two from you guys. I like Andrew Luck what a classy great young player he is. Hope you beat the Jets next week.

Thanks for the kind words. We will try to beat the Jets if the Pack give the Texans 150% as well. ;)

I am a big Rodgers fan myself and I hope GB turns it around. Season is still young. Stay positive. 2010 was not the strongest Packers regular season either and they managed to just win the Super Bowl after several bumps in the road and injuries. So who knows what can happen later if you just get in.

Nice of you to say that. I must say, that there are two Quarterbacks in NFL history that have left me in awe watching the throws they can make, and the magic they can work... Peyton Manning of course, and the other is Aaron Rodgers. Something seems out of sorts with your team, especially after what happened today. The talent is there, but just isn't executing. However, I think that they will get it together in time for another playoff run. Since the Colts aren't quite ready, I wouldn't mind seeing that green and gold in the Super Bowl yet again.

First, I think You are a classy guy! I daresay other fellow fans agree that You are welcome here for football talk anytime!

I wish all the best for Green Bay for the rest of the season!

Thanks for the kind words. We will try to beat the Jets if the Pack give the Texans 150% as well. ;)

I am a big Rodgers fan myself and I hope GB turns it around. Season is still young. Stay positive. 2010 was not the strongest Packers regular season either and they managed to just win the Super Bowl after several bumps in the road and injuries. So who knows what can happen later if you just get in.

First, I think You are a classy guy! I daresay other fellow fans agree that You are welcome here for football talk anytime!

I wish all the best for Green Bay for the rest of the season!

Even though GB is not my favorite team, their organization is a sound one and run very well. Thank you Arodgers12 for your kind words regarding Andrew Luck and the Blue Horseshoe. Like Jules said, you try to defeat our foes and we will attempt to return the favor and knock off your adversaries as well. Sounds like a good partnership to me. haha

As my friend HCF also said, your insights are always welcome here Arodgers12 regardless of where your true NFL allegiance lies and yes, you do seem like a very distinguished and classy individual. Welcome to Colts Forum Arodgers12. Feel free to come back and contribute to this site often and frequently. All viewpoints are encouraged and sought after. Nice to meet you Arodgers12. :hat:

I was at the Packers Colts game in Lambeau that ended 26-24 back in 2000. Another game where we had a 19-0 lead and almost blew it. Only thing is yesterday we did blow it. I watched the Colts Vikings game in week 2. Another game where Luck led you guys down field to win it. I didnt think the Vikings were good then so I thought the Colts werent that good. You guys deserved to win yesterday, you put in a great effort to win this game.

Thanks for the very kind words, AR....

And to return the compliment, I want to say thanks for the Packers players who wore the "ChuckStrong" t-shirts under their uniforms. I know a number of them did that. Very, very classy.

The Packers have handled this entire weird season with professionalism and class. Not only the nonsense in Seattle, but even McCarthy's phone call to the ref who blew the call all shouts 'class!'

I know yesterday wasn't fun for you, so props for coming bye...

Thanks again...

I just dont understand what is wrong with my team this year. They are just awful, no heart at all. One thing I look back on though is 2 years ago when we won the super bowl we were 3-3 that year. We had to back to back overtime losses to the Redskins and Dolphins. Both teams were below .500 that year and after the Dolphins game I thought the season was over. I don't think we will beat Houston though. If we keep it close I say we lose in another heartbreaker.

I just dont understand what is wrong with my team this year. They are just awful, no heart at all. One thing I look back on though is 2 years ago when we won the super bowl we were 3-3 that year. We had to back to back overtime losses to the Redskins and Dolphins. Both teams were below .500 that year and after the Dolphins game I thought the season was over. I don't think we will beat Houston though. If we keep it close I say we lose in another heartbreaker.

Even though the Packers are not my favorite team, I do live in WI and I am glad that the media there has finally moved beyond Brett Favre. I was wondering if the legend of #4 was ever going to finally fade into the background. DC Dom Capers is a smart guy why can't he figure this defense out? You are 100% correct AR. Your squad won't beat the Texans, especially if DC Wade Phillips collapses GB's pocket right up the middle and with WR Gregg Jennings out and B.J. Raji hurt it won't end well for your field general at all. Rogers is an elite QB but he is gonna be flushed out of the pocket a lot and no WR or TE will be open downfield=multiple coverage sacks IMO. Houston's secondary is capable of letting JJ Watt make #12's day very unpleasant IMO.

Another item that I will be monitoring is how often S Charles Woodson from GB will be forced to come up and stop Texans RB Aaron Foster, especially since Ben Tate is out with a toe injury. Foster is a great RB and last season I didn't like seeing him put a towel on his head and sit away from his team mates when they lost, but to his credit, Foster has worked on this behavior and is working hard to change it. I'm proud of Foster for that. It says a great deal about his character. :thmup:

I am still bummed BIG Time over Brian Cushing knee issue. God, I hope he's okay. " He was the team’s most valuable player in 2011, when he earned second-team All-Pro honors after recording a team-high 114 tackles." Cushing is a BEAST, works extremely hard, isn't a dirty player, and he's a great locker room guy. He didn't deserve an injury right on the brink of a Championship season. Hang in there Brian!

Oops! I spelled his name wrong Arian Foster. Sorry about that. I don't want my Texans friends made at me. HA! HA! Just Kidding QuizBoy and Vance87. I do respect your team immensely.

I just want to get the Texans over with since it's a loss anyway. I put in Schaub and Andre Johnson in my fantasy leagues since I know they will have big games against our secondary. This game is going to get ugly, maybe I will turn it off by the end of the 1st quarter if it gets too out of hand.

Thank you very much. We are very proud of our team even when things didn't look so good back in the day. You guys have a heck of a team up there, and my grandfather was a Packers fan... of course that was back before when had one here in Indy. So they can't be that bad. Go win a few for Jeff Saturday.

I just want to get the Texans over with since it's a loss anyway. I put in Schaub and Andre Johnson in my fantasy leagues since I know they will have big games against our secondary. This game is going to get ugly, maybe I will turn it off by the end of the 1st quarter if it gets too out of hand.

No it isn't, have some faith. Who expects Houston to go 16-0 anyway? Go beat the Texans A-Rodge!

Your Texans have so many great weapons on offense: TE Owen Daniels, WR Trindon Holiday, WR Andre Johnson, TE Garrett Graham, and RB Arian Foster.

Defensive weapons: CB Johnathan Joseph, CB Roc Carmichael, S Troy Nolan, S Glover Quinn, DE JJ Watt Etc. Etc.

Your squad can still make a SB run and your backup QB T.J. Yates even has valuable experience from last season ,if god forbid, Matt Schaub gets hurt again.

I may be a Colts fan, but even I know your team is stacked & dripping with talent. I always liked HC Gary Kubiak from his Denver days too! :thmup: Robert McNair is a darn fine owner too.

Hey man don't be so down on your team. GB has a bunch of talent, just not clicking on all cylinders yet. It's not a sure loss against Houston, any given Sunday.

It is a loss. Even if they dont play as hard they will come back in the second half and thrash us.

struggled to beat the Jets. You can beat the Texans....they are not invincible...

Yes, any team is beatable I suppose. The real question for GB is the strength of that offensive line. Jeff Saturday I trust. Everyone else? Nope. That line has more holes in it than a slice of Swiss cheese IMO. The Texans have a better line and if RB Cederic Benson is out along with WR Jennings and TE Jermichael Finley, Rogers will be on the run all game long.

Sure, Aaron has pulled off miracles before, but JJ Watt tends to sabotage miracle ending for a number of veteran QB's IMO. Good luck Arogers12. Your squad is gonna need all the divine intervention it can get.

It's a number of things really, and the injuries aren't helping. The o-line is struggling, much like the Colts, luckily Aaron Rodgers is a mobile QB or it could be much worse. Also, 2010 caught people off guard, after that SB win the Packers are on everyone's radar. The Packers will get the best from every team and even bad teams, when playing motivated can be tough to beat. This is why it's so tough to stay on top and why usually even the best teams will have off years, because the schedule becomes too much and adding injuries to it can be a recipe for disaster. Needless to say, the NFC North will be very interesting this year, I still think the Packers are the team to beat, but the Vikings are emerging and the Lions aren't as bad as their record.

ohstopyou.png

Very cool post, Arodgers12....I work with several Green Bay fans and they are cordial and classy like yourself.

As for your Packers....the best of teams often hit a rough spot even during Super Bowl winning years. The Giants are a good recent example....and the year the Colts won the Super Bowl, only weeks earlier we got absolutely trampled by the Jaguars and were all but written off as a serious contender.

I think your team will be back in form soon and will be right in the thick of things in January.

All the best!

Arodgers12, thanks for the nice words. Green Bay happens to be my second favorite team. I want them to do well, especially against the Bears. LOL. That was a very classy move for Green Bay to wear the :Chuckstrong" t-shirts in support of him.

I don't know what is wrong; maybe Green Bay will eventually get back in the groove. There is alot of football yet to be played. Who knows what might happen yet.

Feel free to post here anytime.

Yes, any team is beatable I suppose. The real question for GB is the strength of that offensive line. Jeff Saturday I trust. Everyone else? Nope. That line has more holes in it than a slice of Swiss cheese IMO. The Texans have a better line and if RB Cederic Benson is out along with WR Jennings and TE Jermichael Finley, Rogers will be on the run all game long.

Sure, Aaron has pulled off miracles before, but JJ Watt tends to sabotage miracle ending for a number of veteran QB's IMO. Good luck Arogers12. Your squad is gonna need all the divine intervention it can get.

Now their running game(Packers) I believe may be in decent hands with that kid Alex Green. He seemed to be a pretty decent running back other than the fact he is young. I think with some consecutive carries and some blocking he could do a little more than Benson. Just my opinion....