Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One thing about you guys

Arodgers12

I just want to get the Texans over with since it's a loss anyway. I put in Schaub and Andre Johnson in my fantasy leagues since I know they will have big games against our secondary. This game is going to get ugly, maybe I will turn it off by the end of the 1st quarter if it gets too out of hand.

If you take anything away from your game with the Colts it's to never concede anything. The game is played on the field not on paper or in fan's minds. You never know how things will ultimately turn out. The depleted Jets played the Texans tough last night so I expect Green Bay has a good shot. Thanks for your classy thread and good luck with the rest of your season.

The one Packer fan I work with is a good guy, too.

I defended a Packer fan at the sports bar who I watched the game with from a drunken Colts fan who was yelling in his ear and talking trash after the game. I reminded him that this fan did not talk trash the whole game and did not deserve that treatment. The drunk Colts guy looked at me like I was crazy but the Packer fan appreciated my efforts. I didn't want that guy's behavior to be the impression that he left with about Colts fans in general.

Class is written all over this thread. I hope you gain a little optimism on you playoff caliber team and stick around this forum as well, the season is far from over n I'm sue we will be meeting in the postseason in some years for that trophy we all know and love.

I just want to get the Texans over with since it's a loss anyway. I put in Schaub and Andre Johnson in my fantasy leagues since I know they will have big games against our secondary. This game is going to get ugly, maybe I will turn it off by the end of the 1st quarter if it gets too out of hand.

I will be cheering for the Pack in that game. Houston has a good team but its time for the Pack to step up and give them their first loss. Go Pack and Go Colts!

Thank you for your kind words ARodgers12..not that I'd expect anything less from a Packers fan..

I had the privilege a few years ago to go to your great city for a training conference. We stayed at the Radisson Hotel right near the airport. (what a great hotel!). Beside the conference, we got to go to a preseason game between the Packers and the Colts. Just stepping into historic Lambeau field was an honor. I had the chills as I realized what history has been made on this hallowed piece of land, You could almost feel the presence of Coach Lombardi and Bart Starr as we walked around the stadium. My company at that time was based in DePere, and most everyone were huge Packers fans. You can tell right away that having a team that is publicly owned, gives this town an extra sense of pride, and that is reflected on the fan's behavior.

Our CEO took us aside after the conference, and gave us a certificate. I thought at first it was just for completing the training. It was a certificate, from the mayor himself, making all of us honorary citizens of Green Bay, as well as honorary Packer fans for life. To this day, I cherish that certificate, and I always root for the Packers, save for against my beloved Colts.

Thanks again for the awesome post, and good luck to your team down the road. And think, maybe sooner than we all think, we could have a Colts/Packers Super Bowl. I pray for that day to come soon...

GB has always been one of the franchises I enjoy to watch. I believe they hold a lot of similarities between the two franchises.

Both rich in history of players and coaches. Both very classy organizations and both have the two best stadiums in the NFL.

I know I would love to see more match-ups between Luck and Rodgers. Maybe even for a Super Bowl title one day

People thought our game against the Packers was going to be ugly, and for a little while it was, but "Any given Sunday." =P

Look what we would have missed if we turned it off after the 1st quarter. Hang in there until 00:00 you guys have the talent.