Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots

manningstheman

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueShoe

thats because they were actually game planned for instead of the practice they got the last two weeks.

That's no excuse for the Lions second and third string to beat them like they did.

I mean the Patriots starters lost to the Lions second team 10-0. That's a fact.

That's no excuse for the Lions second and third string to beat them like they did.

I mean the Patriots starters lost to the Lions second team 10-0. That's a fact.

true, but this game is a dress rehearsal for the real thing and you see what happens when someone game plans for you. the first two games brady has all day to throw and in this one the game plan was obviously to make tom uncomfortable

Guest BlueShoe

true, but this game is a dress rehearsal for the real thing and you see what happens when someone game plans for you. the first two games brady has all day to throw and in this one the game plan was obviously to make tom uncomfortable

The Lions didn't game plan the second stringers man.

The Lions just whipped them and whipped them bad.

Guest BlueShoe

this game was already over before the second string got in. it was 27-10 i think

The Lions second string beat the Patriots first string 10-0.

Guest BlueShoe

Yeah, Patriots tried by not playing Ellis, Bidden, or Haynesworth.

Three defensive starters, among others.

Excuses!

You do realize the Patriots had some of their starters in all the way into the 4th quarter right?

Pats got Whipped. Accept it! lol

Guest BlueShoe

I didn't watch the game... we're the lions good, or we're the Patriots bad, or both? I saw Brady throw that pick, and Stafford supposedly had a good game.

It was both. Lions looked really good. Stafford was unstoppable.

Brady threw that pick against the Lions second string defense and he was beaten up all night. He hit the deck half of the time he dropped back to pass.

Pre.

Season.

Obsess much?

The Pats sure didn't play like it was preseason. Belichick was keeping Brady in up till the middle of the 3rd quarter, and even once he got off the field, some players, like Ochocinco, were still in. Some players, like Jerod Mayo, I think were in the entire game! Belichick and Brady also seemed disgruntled on the sidelines, and Belichick wasn't happy at halftime with his team whatsoever.

Btw, there was one pass that hit Ocho square in the chest and he just flat dropped it. I'm glad I didn't pick him on my fantasy team! Problem is I picked Tom Brady, so I'm thinking I might be having second doubts - either the Lions defense got terrifying very quick or the Pats laid an egg (or both).

Overall, a pathetic display by the Pats.

I think if Lions First team can beats pats First team it should be a breeze for our colts First team to dominate. However we play them late in the season which will give time for Bill to make improvement and make sure his team is ready for the Indy Colts.

I still think though, with it being preseason and the fact most teams try during the last two games of the preseason try. The confidence I have in colts beating the Pats in Foxboro are stronger.. :foam:

I think if Lions First team can beats pats First team it should be a breeze for our colts First team to dominate. However we play them late in the season which will give time for Bill to make improvement and make sure his team is ready for the Indy Colts.

I still think though, with it being preseason and the fact most teams try during the last two games of the preseason try. The confidence I have in colts beating the Pats in Foxboro are stronger.. :foam:

So enlighten me with your reasoning of why the Colts should have a better chance of beating the Pats just because the Lions put up a whoop session on them. The Lions don't suck anymore bro. Don't know if you've been living in a cave the last few years but they're not the team of the past. Stafford is easily a top ten QB with alot of talent and toughness and has an elite wide receiver Calvin Johnson to throw too. Their defense has greatly improved also. To think the Colts could easily beat this team is total ignorance for anyone believing that. Their record last year was very deceiving. They had a few close games with high caliber teams that they lost too in the last few seconds. Better respect the Lions. They've proved that they deserve it with the way this team has played the last couple years.

Guest BlueShoe

So enlighten me with your reasoning of why the Colts should have a better chance of beating the Pats just because the Lions put up a whoop session on them. The Lions don't suck anymore bro. Don't know if you've been living in a cave the last few years but they're not the team of the past. Stafford is easily a top ten QB with alot of talent and toughness and has an elite wide receiver Calvin Johnson to throw too. Their defense has greatly improved also. To think the Colts could easily beat this team is total ignorance for anyone believing that. Their record last year was very deceiving. They had a few close games with high caliber teams that they lost too in the last few seconds. Better respect the Lions. They've proved that they deserve it with the way this team has played the last couple years.

Yes they are a very improved team and if Stafford can stay healthy then he is a big time quarterback. There is no doubt about that but the last sentence is way off. They have won 8 games in two years so they haven't proved anything yet. Does it appear to the naked eye that they have something moving in the right direction? Absolutely! But it's not like they have proven themselves to be world beaters yet.

People were ready to crown the Pats the best team in the NFL after whooping the first two teams in their preseason.

Now, the Pats get whooped by Detroit of all teams and nobody cares.

In the end, all 3 games so far more or less mean jack squat. The Pats WILL be a contender as always, and probably one of the top 3 teams in the league. If not THE top team in the league if the amount of talent on that roster can execute. As we all know, the most talented team does not always win...in fact, they rarely do. (SD for years was loaded and never won a SB)

Yes they are a very improved team and if Stafford can stay healthy then he is a big time quarterback. There is no doubt about that but the last sentence is way off. They have won 8 games in two years so they haven't proved anything yet. Does it appear to the naked eye that they have something moving in the right direction? Absolutely! But it's not like they have proven themselves to be world beaters yet.

2009 was Staffords rookie year. The record doesn't justify the talent they had on that team since a rookie was leading them.. Now to the 2010 season, Stafford hurt his shoulder in the opening game against the Bears I believe and re-injured it again in Nov. sometime thus missing quite a few games. Again they had some good talent on that team but since Stafford was hurt the record means nothing as they could have easily been a .500 team if not better. Hopefully he stays healthy this year so we can see what this team has actually become. They're definitely not a cake walk for teams anymore.

if preseason meant results for the regular season then the lions would have won a super bowl the year they went 4-0 instead of going 0-16.

the colts would also be drafting in the top 5 every year based on preseason results.

lions came ready to play. pats looked lethargic.

pats still win AFC east, and i think the lions finish 3rd behind GB and CHI.

haha I like your signature AllDay. I'm gonna chalk this up as exactly what it was; a preseason game. Everyone can actually start saying something meaningful in a couple weeks. Until then, this is all useless. Lions looked good this preseason. So did the Patriots. Regular season can't come soon enough.

Guest BlueShoe
Hidden

May want to switch your "edited" comment to 'Remember, this is a G rated board.'

Just a friendly heads up. The mods around here are pretty kool, but they will only tolerate so much. I don't make the rules nor do I enforce them but it's not looking good for you to continue in your ways.

Hidden

And you have 242 posts, so they aren't Nazis either....And oh jeez don't kick me off an internet forum. Please. I used to post here when everybody did. Same moderators. Don't see nearly as many people. Traffic has changed. Mods haven't. Wonder if one influenced the other? Maybe? I didn't say anything wrong and I didn't deserve to be edited. That was the point I was making.

I said it after the previous two blowouts... it's preseason. It means very little, win or lose, close or not close. You never want to see your team look as bad and out of synch as the Patriots did on Saturday, but once in a while, you go out there and lay an egg. They all do. Look at the Cleveland/Patriots game last year... at least this time it was preseason.

Guest BlueShoe

sure sounds like it.

Yeah, because we care so much about the Patriots that we post about them in the NFL General section of the Colts.com board.

I wonder if Brady is still sore from the butt whooping he took the other night. He was dumped on his head a few times. lol