Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots

manningstheman

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueShoe

If you were truly being "attacked" the way you seem to feel you are, then why wouldn't other Indy fans jump in to defend you? Do you want me to answer that for you?

I think most Colts fans stay away from this section because it is where the Pats fans hang out the most. ;)

Guest BlueShoe

Your line is built to pass block, not to run block. The Colts are not a strong running team, and haven't been since Edgerrin James left. That's what happens when you have a QB like Manning. It's built around him, as it should be.

Yeah because it is our intention to not be able to run the ball.

This is getting really bad now. :rolleyes:

Guest BlueShoe

I would suggest pats fans stop responding to this...it's obvious it's going nowhere:)

What, that Pats fans hate Peyton so much they are willing to defend the Colts O-Line, which was terrible the past few seasons?

Yeah this started going nowhere as soon as the Pats fans said our line was "fair" to "good"

What, that Pats fans hate Peyton so much they are willing to defend the Colts O-Line, which was terrible the past few seasons?

Yeah this started going nowhere as soon as the Pats fans said our line was "fair" to "good"

I need to follow GoPats and respectfully bow out of this discussion. If I keep responding, Im going to get banned for using some not so nice language.

Hmmm....maybe that was your 'hidden motive' this whole time???

All I can say is that you're wrong on so many levels that I'm running out of numbers to count them...but its clear you will not listen to other opinions because your hate runs so deep and this grudge you hold is unwaivering...and thats too bad.

Guest BlueShoe

I need to follow GoPats and respectfully bow out of this discussion. If I keep responding, Im going to get banned for using some not so nice language.

Hmmm....maybe that was your 'hidden motive' this whole time???

It would be better to just admit your motives as to why you and the other Pats fans have desperately tried to defend the Colts O-Line the past few years, but I am sure anyone who has been reading along already knows what that agenda is.

this is what ive come to understand, when brady isnt touched he can rip you apart as good as any qb in histroy, but when you get him unconformable and bring pressure to him hes average at best. the media marbles to how great brady is, but never seem to question it when he gets his butt constantly on the ground and plays bad.

this is what ive come to understand, when brady isnt touched he can rip you apart as good as any qb in histroy, but when you get him unconformable and bring pressure to him hes average at best. the media marbles to how great brady is, but never seem to question it when he gets his butt constantly on the ground and plays bad.

I'll meet you half way on that one. I think Toms pocket presence is outstanding. There are times I watch him and I wonder how the heck he knew that guy was coming and how he knew to take that one extra half step to avoid him...so a lot of the time he looks like he has a lot of time, but there WAS pressure. But yes, when he has time, the defense has no chance...but I think that can be true of many 'elite' quarterbacks in this league. When he gets his butt constantly on the ground and plays bad, the media does talk about it...but just like Peyton it just doesnt happen often and it doesnt become a week to week story. One thing Tom does do well is that when nothing is open and hes being rushed, he'll take the sack instead of forcing a throw. Thats part of why he doesnt throw many interceptions. Peyton on the other hand doesnt take many sacks because he is able to make these completions and I just sit with my mouth open. Thats why both these guys are great. They both have their strengths and they utilize them better than any quarterback in the league.

I'll meet you half way on that one. I think Toms pocket presence is outstanding. There are times I watch him and I wonder how the heck he knew that guy was coming and how he knew to take that one extra half step to avoid him...so a lot of the time he looks like he has a lot of time, but there WAS pressure. But yes, when he has time, the defense has no chance...but I think that can be true of many 'elite' quarterbacks in this league. When he gets his butt constantly on the ground and plays bad, the media does talk about it...but just like Peyton it just doesnt happen often and it doesnt become a week to week story. One thing Tom does do well is that when nothing is open and hes being rushed, he'll take the sack instead of forcing a throw. Thats part of why he doesnt throw many interceptions. Peyton on the other hand doesnt take many sacks because he is able to make these completions and I just sit with my mouth open. Thats why both these guys are great. They both have their strengths and they utilize them better than any quarterback in the league.

i can respect that

Guest BlueShoe

Here, I fixed your post for you.

So enlightening that you posted this. It sort of all makes sense now. I thought most Indy fans had gotten past this point, but I guess there are still some of you who have issues with the accolades Brady receives. Thank you for finally being honest!

This thread just mercifully ended.

You're still talking trash. I thought you wanted to have a good debate? I give you that and then you resort to trash again. I start talking trash and then you want a debate. I give you a debate again and then you want trash again. Make up your mind. lol

I know you're trying to bait me here and if I tell you what I feel then you're just going to report me. It's how I have seen Pats fans work for 10 years and you guys aren't any different. You want me to say something so that you can report me for being a bad sport.

You know how I feel about Pats fans. I have made no secret about that. I also have said several times that I don’t make or enforce the rules around here. I don’t decide who gets to go and who gets to stay.

I think Pats fans (overall) hate Peyton Manning and hopes he fails every time they see him play. They hate the attention that he gets and it is some kind of envious thing that I do understand because I once felt that way about Marino, Elway, and Montana when I was younger. I was a kid then. I do not feel that way about Brady. I think he is a good quarterback, but is very fortunate of his environment. Peyton on the other hand, has been forced to make his environment a winning one. There lies the reason I think we have so many Patriots fan on this board and other Colts boards over the years. They want Brady to be seen as the greatest, when there is no doubt who the greatest quarterback to ever play this game is and that is Peyton Manning.

Let’s be serious here. You and the other Pats fans are here trying to defend the Colts offensive line just so you don’t have to admit just how great Peyton really is.

So what's your explanation for why so many Colt fans are on Patriot boards?

Use your same logic.

Guest BlueShoe

So what's your explanation for why so many Colt fans are on Patriot boards?

Use your same logic.

I am not a member of any Patriots boards so I wouldn't know. I have lurked on the Patriots planet when the draft is around on occasion. There is a guy in there, and I can't remember his name, but he is pretty good with draft info on the Pats. I know that sounds really vague, but it's the best I can do on this subject.

Edit: Maybe some of them aren't really Colts fan at all. It could just be just be someone pretending to be a Colts fan to get you guys riled up.

We used to have this one guy come around every week we played the Dolphins on the old IndyStar and he would razz us about the Dolphins beating us all of the time. Then one day he shows up and said he was never a Dolphins fan to being with and that he was just pulling our chain for a few years.

I am not a member of any Patriots boards so I wouldn't know. I have lurked on the Patriots planet when the draft is around on occasion. There is a guy in there, and I can't remember his name, but he is pretty good with draft info on the Pats. I know that sounds really vague, but it's the best I can do on this subject.

Edit: Maybe some of them aren't really Colts fan at all. It could just be just be someone pretending to be a Colts fan to get you guys riled up.

We used to have this one guy come around every week we played the Dolphins on the old IndyStar and he would razz us about the Dolphins beating us all of the time. Then one day he shows up and said he was never a Dolphins fan to being with and that he was just pulling our chain for a few years.

Well, considering that most of them were here before moving there, you'd be dead wrong.

Nope, this started going nowhere when "the Pats fans" dared to disagree with you. And like the thread yesterday, you've turned this one into total nonsense. No matter how thoughtful, concise or intelligent their posts were, you've responded with pettiness and immaturity. The only way you're going to stop is when they stop disagreeing with you or stop posting in this thread. And if anyone disagrees with you tomorrow it'll be more of the same unless the mods take you in hand before you ruin more threads.

I have a lot of respect for each of these Pats fans that you've so hastily disregarded. I'm sorry that you feel the need to be so petty; in doing so you're losing out on an opportunity to interact with some genuinely knowledgeable football fans.

Guest BlueShoe

Well, considering that most of them were here before moving there, you'd be dead wrong.

I am not sure how I can be dead wrong when I said I didn't know why Colts fans were there to begin with. :rolleyes:

I can only remember 3 games of that type of pressure. Giants SB,Ravens playoff game, and Lions preseason if you really want to count that.

At some point when a defense is that over powering it doesn't matter how good you are...ala Steelers colts playoff game...or pats 03/04 playoff games:)

But as a QB under pressure he does remarkably well. Not only does he see it but he's got that pocket sidestep. But when they rush in overwhelmingly...well you just tip your hat to the defense..which itself is something to marvel at even if your QB is going down:)

Nope, this started going nowhere when "the Pats fans" dared to disagree with you. And like the thread yesterday, you've turned this one into total nonsense. No matter how thoughtful, concise or intelligent their posts were, you've responded with pettiness and immaturity. The only way you're going to stop is when they stop disagreeing with you or stop posting in this thread. And if anyone disagrees with you tomorrow it'll be more of the same unless the mods take you in hand before you ruin more threads.

I have a lot of respect for each of these Pats fans that you've so hastily disregarded. I'm sorry that you feel the need to be so petty; in doing so you're losing out on an opportunity to interact with some genuinely knowledgeable football fans.

well thats one way to end the madness...next time we'll pull you in sooner ;)

Why do you guys bother to even feed him? It is obvious he is using the passive aggressive approach and from what I had read in several threads, he just hijacks a thread and turns it off topic, arguing with other Pats fans for pages at a time instead of offering anything to the main topic.

Guest BlueShoe

Why do you guys bother to even feed him? It is obvious he is using the passive aggressive approach and from what I had read in several threads, he just hijacks a thread and turns it off topic, arguing with other Pats fans for pages at a time instead of offering anything to the main topic.

I think we have agreed that we have said our peace on this and we have moved on....

That is unless you want to start it back up again. :rolleyes:

No QB likes being under pressure and all look ordinary when you get it. What makes Brady unique is his abilty create a little time by moving around in the pocket. Manning is great because he usually gets rid of the ball before the pressure gets to him. (Manning reminds me of Marino in that respect.)

Hidden

And several others for that matter. Don't know how someone can have a problem with the very people he goads into those reactions. After all, you can't blame a dog for biting you when you trap it in a corner and scream at it while waving your arms...

Guest BlueShoe
Hidden

Wow. I had off for two days at work, and what do you know? I come back to find that the person who cares least for the Patriots on this site has turned this two page posting into an eight page journey. SMH.

:feedtroll:

:stir: