Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what's the rookie record for consecutive games with a touchdown pass and will Luck break it?

Stephen

:thinking::scratch: I believe it was set by :manning: then tied by :brady: and Rodgers..?? at 13 :?:

Nevermind..... I was looking at the wrong "stats" those were for consecutive games with 2 TD's... and not Rookie seasons for all. I have corrected myself, :facepalm:

im still looking for answer myself i know peyton has rookie record of 3 passing tds in game and 26 in season but peyton didnt throw for a td in each of his first three games

It seemed like the question on the table was "

"what's the rookie record for consecutive games with a touchdown pass?"

The answer to that question is Peyton Manning with 13.

I meant to sy peyton has franchise reord of three touchdowns in game by rookie. mathew stafford has record of most passing tds in game by rookie with 5. Luck might get consecutive passing td record but i'm not sure if he can throw five tds in a game

To start a career gets complicated. Do you count only games started? Or from first action? Google hasn't been much help to me on this, and I think it's because it isn't so easy to define 'start of career'. From first start might be identifiable. Marino had 7 straight games, and 15 total in that span - his first 7 starts. But I can't find any source with a list. We know it's under 47. And likely under 13, as has been noted, which is the rookie record during a season, but not from day one of a career.

It seemed like the question on the table was "

"what's the rookie record for consecutive games with a touchdown pass?"

The answer to that question is Peyton Manning with 13.

^^ this was the question. Also he was asking if Andrew was "on pace" to break that record. He is on pace, and could very possibly "break" the record because his streak of "consecutive TD's" started with the first game, Peyton's started with the 4th game. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

^^ this was the question. Also he was asking if Andrew was "on pace" to break that record. He is on pace, and could very possibly "break" the record because his streak of "consecutive TD's" started with the first game, Peyton's started with the 4th game. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

It's only hard to comprehend because what was asked wasn't the actual curiosity.

What was asked has been answered. What he meant, hasn't.

From an old Colts Media guide concerning Manning's rookie year.

while his touchdowns and cons. games with TD pass broke 50-year old NFL rookie marks of QB-Charlie Conerly (22, 9, NYG,

1948)

Conerly, threw a td pass in game 1, but did not throw one in games 2 or 3, before running off 9 consecutive weeks with a TD pass during his rookie year.

So unless someone threw one in 8 straight games to open their career the answer would be Roethlisberger & Marino with 7.

I'm hoping Luck can beat what will likely be Brees' record of consecutive games with a TD pass. I'm surprised that record hasn't fallen considering the great talent there is at the QB position in today's league. I would think it wouldn't be that hard to break, considering most QBs throw one or two TD passes a week. But, of course, it depends on many things, like injuries, coaches, gameplanning, and the defense you're facing.