Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Signed Jean-Baptiste to practice squad (merge)

Mr.Debonair

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't I tell you from the Owner all the way down to the players, this team is trying to win now. They don't see this as some experimental year. They are doing whatever it takes to make this team stout now. Piece by piece.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Jean-Baptiste was released three weeks ago, and has been sitting at home since then. If he turns out to be a difference maker for us at any point, he'll be the 1% of discarded training camp players that goes on to do something meaningful in the NFL. I like everything I've seen, heard and read about him, but I'm not giddy with excitement over shuffling the 60th player on our roster.

Didn't I tell you from the Owner all the way down to the players, this team is trying to win now. They don't see this as some experimental year. They are doing whatever it takes to make this team stout now. Piece by piece.

that makes me feel good....I hated the talk about building for 2015.

If we win Sunday..we have an oustide chance to make the playoffs THIS YEAR...

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Jean-Baptiste was released three weeks ago, and has been sitting at home since then. If he turns out to be a difference maker for us at any point, he'll be the 1% of discarded training camp players that goes on to do something meaningful in the NFL. I like everything I've seen, heard and read about him, but I'm not giddy with excitement over shuffling the 60th player on our roster.

Makes a difference to me. No I don't think we signed the next coming of a Hall of Famer, but this owner, coach, and gm are continuously trying to make the team better. It's a great thing to be a part of.

I feel like he will be an upgrade over Anunoby. Not that I hated Anunoby

Had to be. I doubt we signed him on a wing and a prayer. Brought him in, worked him out. The impression was that he is better than Anunoby. So we signed one and dropped the other.

I'm just wondering what took so long....AND since we did not know about bringing him in...did we bring Kitchen in for a workout as well or were Pagano's back-channels to Bmore enough to disregard?

that makes me feel good....I hated the talk about building for 2015.

If we win Sunday..we have an oustide chance to make the playoffs THIS YEAR...

It's a nice addition to the practice squad...but lets not get too carried away like he is the missing piece to a playoff contender. He was out there for about three weeks after clearing waivers. Obviously people around the league view him as somewhat of a project. He's on practice squad for a reason. That said...I like the addition. We continue to build and see what pieces might fit this monster in the making.

I thought Chigbo showed promise. I guess if the coaches feel he is an upgrade I'm all for it. I hope this doesn't mean that Chapman isn't progressing as hoped.

I'd read the direct translation as Chigbo not progressing as hoped. We are adequate at nose with or without Chapman for the moment.

Every year I seem to follow the Colts more and more closely. I've been a fan for close to 20 years and maybe I just haven't been following closely enough but are the colts under Grigson's management doing more trading and signing than in the past 10 years combined. Don't get me wrong, I dig the non-stop effort to try to make the team better and love the direction we're going and like the the signing of jean-batiste.

You guys read me wrong. I know Tevaseu wasn't on the PS, but I hardly noticed him being on the 53.

I also think Baptiste is just a PS guy.. I hope I'm wrong.

You're kidding right? You watch the minn game? He was the guy swallowing up double teams and putting the halt on their run. I noticed him big time, how can you miss the hair?