Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Should Use What We Have At Qb!

Barkman76

We have guys on the current offense who can step up and play one game without #18. I say implement the widcat so Addai can throw half of the throws and let C. Painter hand off to the RB all game and let him throw an occasional 10 yd pass to Tamme or Clark. We need to put this on our defense more! We dont have to worry so much its Houston they are not the Steelers or the Pats!! We as fans need to quit complaining about this for real!

Yeah dont you think that it would be easy to add one extra step like the wildcat than it is to bring a qb in to learn a whole playbook

nope, not even close. Miami worked on it for a LONG time before it was implemented. not only that, DC's have since found a way to mostly curb it.

once it gets shut down, and we are humiliated, what are we going to do then?

We have guys on the current offense who can step up and play one freakin game without #18. I say implement the widcat so Addai can throw half of the throws and let C. Painter hand off to the RB all game and let him throw an occasional 10 yd pass to Tamme or Clark. We need to put this on our defense more! We dont have to worry so much its Houston they are not the Steelers or the Pats!! We as fans need to quit biotching about this for real!

i dont agree with wildcat but with lets use what we have i mean this should light a fire under the teams :censored: to get some high round defence talent next year

rd

1 cb

2 nt atleast 310 or wr atleast 6'3"

3 ss

4 cb

5 olb

6 fb

7 nt atleast 310

We are not built for the Wildcat. The Dolphins busted out the Wildcat when they had one of the best rushing offenses in the league. Brown and Williams were playing well and their O-line was mauling over people. We are not built for that, we are distinctly built as a pass first offense

We have guys on the current offense who can step up and play one game without #18. I say implement the widcat so Addai can throw half of the throws and let C. Painter hand off to the RB all game and let him throw an occasional 10 yd pass to Tamme or Clark. We need to put this on our defense more! We dont have to worry so much its Houston they are not the Steelers or the Pats!! We as fans need to quit complaining about this for real!

I will do the honors. :trout:

I will do the honors. :trout:

I think it makes more sense than signing Kollins who doesnt know the playbook. BTW the wildcat isnt much but a different formation. What would it hurt to add a different way the ball is hiked and its connected with our existing play! Its really not a huge deal its simple.

Are you being serious? Wildcat formation........really?

Once the defense shuts that down they are back to Curtis Painter throwing the ball which he has shown to not be very good at that aspect, or any aspect of quarterback play for that matter.......

Use every run play in our Playbook and keep it slightly vanilla with the pass plays.

Be aggressive on defense as this offense wont put the opponents in a uphill battle.

Do not just "do what we do", its time to mix it up some. When Manning comes back they can go back to "doing what we do".

Might as well try the The Annexation of Puerto Rico during the Texans game too.

I understand the signing of Collins, but I just dont see it increasing our chance of actually winning a game without Peyton. I dont see how collins being able to come in and play at a higher level than painter or Orsky. I mean I know their level is pretty low. But an old man with no knowledge of the offense? I mean I hope he comes out and plays awesome, but just looking at the odds. Id rather just wait until the end of preseason cuts and find a different FA to help in another position on the team. Let painter try to play for a game or two if even necessary. I mean really, all options outside of Peyton starting week 1 suck.

The only 2 problems I see with you game plan is our running game and Painter actually hitting Clark or Tamme for 1 yard let alone 10. Have you watched him? Preseason against scrubs Painter has looked horrid. Real game speed against starters......I hate to picture it, as if we dont have enough trouble running it with everyone and their mother knowing Manning is throwing it. Now picture everyone knowing we are running it because Painter can not throw it. It gets real ugly real fast.

Fact is Painter paints an UGLY painting.......... :tvhammer:

I agree Barkman, The offense will be very vanilla with Collins starting with only a couple of weeks to

learn the playbook. I don't know why the Colts keep wasting their time with guys like Painter and

Orlovsky to begin with. These guys ain't worth a nonsense from the beginning.

Playbook will be dumbed down to suit Collins strong points. He can get us buy for a game or 2.

Wow wildcat formation? Really? There is no way we will run that formation in the next few years let alone the next few weeks. It takes forever for that kind of formation to be implemented into an offense. To top it off, our O-Line is currently best at pass blocking and not run blocking. I feel we just need to hope we can run the ball decently and stick to simple plays where Collins doesn't have to analyze much of the defense (in comparison to Peyton).

We should use what we have at QB..............

And throw away the season.

Is THAT what you're saying?

Who's gonna be the wildcat QB? Addai?

You people are nuts. We need better than Painter and Orlovsky at #2.

Whether Peyton is healthy or Not! We've been saying this for years. Unfortunately, it looks like this year our luck wore out and we may need the "clipboard holder" to actually play.