Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck's Presser Today

Steamboat_Shaun

17 hours ago, dw49 said:

Sounded like a guy totally frustrated with the world of NFL football. I'm no fan of Pagano's on field coaching but pretty hard to blame him for the 3-8 record. Young team , terrible O line and Brissett is a hot mess when pressured.

Why do these only seem to be issues in the second halves of games?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't understand how each game has been defined by 1 killer turnover that just swings the momentum of the entire game and we lose mostly because of that giant turnover.  It's really bizarre!   The other thing is just how bad this offense looks game after game.  I can't understand why it almost never improves.

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how would you react with a mic stuck in your face under the circumstances? It easy for you to chastise and criticize without you wearing those shoes isn't it?

Chuck signed up for that not me.  If he can’t take the heat then perhaps it’s time he gets out the kitchen. It’s only going to get hotter...believe that. 

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Chuck signed up for that not me.  If he can’t take the heat then perhaps it’s time he gets out the kitchen. It’s only going to get hotter...believe that. 

When Chuck goes, that's when the healing will begin. New coaching staff, high draft pick, Luck hopefully 100%. It'll be time to finally try and play to our potential. Can't do it with Pagano though.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When Chuck goes, that's when the healing will begin. New coaching staff, high draft pick, Luck hopefully 100%. It'll be time to finally try and play to our potential. Can't do it with Pagano though.

Agreed...it’s way past time for a change. Those contending I’m too negative will see a different Coltsman when we finally turn the page on this Pagano era chapter. He is what’s holding Luck and the Colts back in my opinion. I can’t express my displeasure enough on these boards when it comes to Chuck because he is like that monster in horror movies that keeps coming back when you think you finally got rid of him.  Purge Pagano & that coaching staff and let Ballard build this thing right. 

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

I just can't understand how each game has been defined by 1 killer turnover that just swings the momentum of the entire game and we lose mostly because of that giant turnover.  It's really bizarre!   The other thing is just how bad this offense looks game after game.  I can't understand why it almost never improves.

Could it be, the players don't really care?  I mean they're still getting paid.

15 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

I would disagree whole heartedly on that. Our LB corps alone is abysmal and we have no edge rusher. Our secondary is the only area that’s solid, or was rather.

I agree with your disagreement, but I don't think the Colts secondary has been solid, of late better in the begining of the year Horrible, the DL has been solid.

14 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Well-coached teams should be able to overcome a turnover or 2, as it’s bound to happen. And Brissett didn’t throw an interception yesterday, let alone a pick 6. As a matter of fact, in the last 6 games, Brissett has only thrown 2 picks, total.

Yet plays like a Rockie, which is basically what he is without the benefit, of an off season, or pre season.

14 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Aside from Luck missing the season, it’s a more talented roster than it was last year, particularly on defense.

Luck is arguably one of the top 10 players in the league. Hes a HUGE loss. The Packers without Rodgers are playing great and winning a lot of ball games I guess. And they have better talent than the Colts!

14 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Compare the players on this team with other teams.     You will find that there are more teams than you realize with the same or lessor talent 

how about the offensive side of the ball.....   why are we not winning this division even with Brissett?    He is not that much different than Mariotta or Bortles.  Offensive talent is very comparable throughout the AFC south.   

Jags have a better D and RB.    Tenn D is not better....  in fat we got outplayed by lessor talent yeterday

all coaching and scheme

DISAGREE

53 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

High draft pick means nothing unless you pick well. New coach means a new system and a learning curve. NOTHING is GUARANTEED in fact it could get worse!

6 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

High draft pick means nothing unless you pick well. New coach means a new system and a learning curve. NOTHING is GUARANTEED in fact it could get worse!

You are right, it could get worse. However, keeping Pagano guarantees things will stay the same or get worse as he's regressed. Very few Colt fans, whether on this forum or just the casual fan, want Pagano to stay at this point. So you are in the minority my friend. Also, I trust Ballard more than Grigson to pick well. If you don't, that's on you. We also have a higher pick in every round, which adds up over 7 rounds and for possible trades.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Good observation - except... an NFL coach has full-time media/PR staff to work with, extensive media training and years of experience behind the lectern and in front of cameras.  Coltsman1788 has none of that.  Chuck Pagano knows better...he's just had enough.

So does that mean Pagano is suppose to be comfortable in front of a camera with a mic shoved in his face? Maybe he is not. Belichick  hates it with a passion but because he wins games so it's fine for him to be the way he is.

No,  lets all blame Pagano for everything wrong with the Colts year. I understand it comes with the territory as far as being a head coach but being put under the microscope and watched to the point that every move and decision he makes is chastised, analyzed and scrutinized to the point anything positive is dismissed.

IMO those who do that are not even looking at the big picture and are just looking for a scrap goat. Pagano fits that bill.

In all of that this will be his first losing season. There are much deeper problems with this team than Pagano.

CC1 - Are you a member of the Colts marketing team?  Just curious.

I offer that about any NFL-caliber coach could be reasonably successful with a healthy Luck or a Manning and a mediocre supporting roster. 

Only a really exceptional coach can lead a team in the Colts' situation to a successful season. 

This team seems, especially this season, to be in a rut and making the same mistakes over and over.  That's on the coaching staff, IMO.

I wish Mr. Pagano every success in life - given his medical history - he should go enjoy it while he can.  It's pretty clear he isn't enjoying things at the present.

And now, we're on to 2018.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So does that mean Pagano is suppose to be comfortable in front of a camera with a mic shoved in his face? Maybe he is not. Belichick  hates it with a passion but because he wins games so it's fine for him to be the way he is.

No,  lets all blame Pagano for everything wrong with the Colts year. I understand it comes with the territory as far as being a head coach but being put under the microscope and watched to the point that every move and decision he makes is chastised, analyzed and scrutinized to the point anything positive is dismissed.

IMO those who do that are not even looking at the big picture and are just looking for a scrap goat. Pagano fits that bill.

In all of that this will be his first losing season. There are much deeper problems with this team than Pagano.

Oh...the press availability's aren't "having a camera shoved in ones' face" - they are planned media interactions.

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Oh...the press availability's aren't "having a camera shoved in ones' face" - they are planned media interactions.

So that automatically means Pagano is suppose to be comfortable with it?  Like I said, there are coaches like Belichick who loathes it and it shows but Pagano is suppose to come up with the answers when he obviously is doing the best he can do under the circumstances.

Heck, he gets blamed for everything else so just add that to the mix too.

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yep, It's Chucks fumbling and pick sixes that is costing him his job.

The OL is terrible.  Everything else is, to some degree, a function of that.  Brisset is a solid young qb and will be a good backup if Luck can come back.  But, generally the roster is bereft of talent.

There comes a time when you need something fresh, a new voice, a culture change.  Pagano is a good person and a decent coach.  It's just time for a fresh direction.  Back up the Brinks truck and get Josh McDaniel at the end of the year.  An offensive-minded coach who knows the Patriot way (as blasphemous as that may sound) would be a welcome change.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So that automatically means Pagano is suppose to be comfortable with it?  Like I said, there are coaches like Belichick who loathes it and it shows but Pagano is suppose to come up with the answers when he obviously is doing the best he can do under the circumstances.

Pagano's comfort in front of mics or lack thereof  aside, he is clearly reverting to diversionary tactics and buffoonery because he has no clear answers to what is going wrong with his football team.  In the process, he has made himself into more of a laughingstock and embarrassment to our fan base. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/chuck-pagano-groundhog-day-press-conference-nfl-colts-news/19kg9wm2wix7y1b28hzzis35dn

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/27/chuck-pagano-colts-coach-press-conference-video-groundhog-day-weather

http://www.businessinsider.com/chuck-pagano-colts-rant-groundhog-day-hurricanes-2017-11

This season can't end fast enough.

Just kind of reminds you of that boxer who's on wobbly legs and you know it's only a matter of time before he's about to fall.

I think he knows what's on the horizon and in a way is ok with it.

It can't be fun coaching this team right now and my personal opinion is that he's ok with whatever happens, firing or another chance next year.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Pagano's comfort in front of mics or lack thereof  aside, he is clearly reverting to diversionary tactics and buffoonery because he has no clear answers to what is going wrong with his football team.  In the process, he has made himself into more of a laughingstock and embarrassment to our fan base. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/chuck-pagano-groundhog-day-press-conference-nfl-colts-news/19kg9wm2wix7y1b28hzzis35dn

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/27/chuck-pagano-colts-coach-press-conference-video-groundhog-day-weather

http://www.businessinsider.com/chuck-pagano-colts-rant-groundhog-day-hurricanes-2017-11

This season can't end fast enough.

Yeah, you got all the answers don't you.

It's not enough to chastise and any other things you can think of but now how he acts in front of the cameras. Most of you have pushed past the point of even thinking of him as nothing but a dog. To hades with all of you who can't see why things are the way they are.

Wow, just had a chance to hear it now. That was actually great, very entertaining. In a sense the presser I have enjoyed the most from Pagano. He is beyond the point of mere frustration, now those 4 quarter meltdowns have become laughable. It is comical. That is how I read him.

At this point I don’t think he cares much whether Irsay or Ballard want to retain or fire him, I just think he wants to make men out of a couple of the boys on this team and maybe win a game or two and get away from it all. 

Actually, for me, this was one of his better pressers.  Some of the jokes were a lil much, but alot of what he said hit home with me.

i'm not going to get into whether he should stay or go, but i liked how he was more open about some things.  

I guess i feel for the guy and the position he is in.  I have to say, i have seen an improvement in Chuck in the areas that "bothrred" me. The wins aren't there but the guys ARE fighting and trying.

whatever happens, i'll support the organization's choice.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not enough to chastise and any other things you can think of but now how he acts in front of the cameras. Most of you have pushed past the point of even thinking of him as nothing but a dog. To hades with all of you who can't see why things are the way they are.

Don't get all mad at me man.  lol  The bolded are your words not mine or anyone else's that I've read in this thread for that matter.  I'm just talking about Pagano the football coach.  You the one acting all butt hurt like any criticism of Pagano is a direct affront to you or a family member.  Any way get over it, 

Meanwhile...I'll just leave this here. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If he's not comfortable talking to the media, he's in the wrong profession, especially considering that Indianapolis has the softest sports media in the country. They lob him softball questions every week without any hard follow-ups, they never ask him about the terrible schemes, or why he insists on going into a soft zone defense in every 2nd half, and he still can't even answer those elementary questions without going off on some random tangent about groundhog day or mac and cheese.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are right, it could get worse. However, keeping Pagano guarantees things will stay the same or get worse as he's regressed. Very few Colt fans, whether on this forum or just the casual fan, want Pagano to stay at this point. So you are in the minority my friend. Also, I trust Ballard more than Grigson to pick well. If you don't, that's on you. We also have a higher pick in every round, which adds up over 7 rounds and for possible trades.

I know I am in the minority as far as Pagano, which I am cool with. I believe Pagano will be fired, I just think its ALL NOT HIS Fault! Keeping Pagano IMO does not GUARANTEE things will get worse or stay the same. Honestly know one knows that! IMO he hasn't regressed, he has a young team with years of bad drafts. I like Ballard, Hated Grigson, But high picks or lots of picks honestly GUARANTEES you nothing unless the picks are good. Ballard has demonstrated he may have that ability, but not all of his picks have been golden so far.  Take Luck away, or most starting QB's in this league away and almost all teams would suffer!! Add a QB witch was not even in camp, well theres the story. If Lucks healthy The Colts would be right there in the thick of it. If ANYONE thinks different, well they are sadly mistaken!!  

2 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I know I am in the minority as far as Pagano, which I am cool with. I believe Pagano will be fired, I just think its ALL NOT HIS Fault! Keeping Pagano IMO does not GUARANTEE things will get worse or stay the same. Honestly know one knows that! IMO he hasn't regressed, he has a young team with years of bad drafts. I like Ballard, Hated Grigson, But high picks or lots of picks honestly GUARANTEES you nothing unless the picks are good. Ballard has demonstrated he may have that ability, but not all of his picks have been golden so far.  Take Luck away, or most starting QB's in this league away and almost all teams would suffer!! Add a QB witch was not even in camp, well theres the story. If Lucks healthy The Colts would be right there in the thick of it. If ANYONE thinks different, well they are sadly mistaken!!  

They're 2-6 when leading at halftime. I don't know who's fault that is if it's not Pagano's.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's too bad that there isn't a person within the Colts organization who gets paid very handsomely to teach players how to play football correctly.

HA HA, I guess Mike MaCarthey for the Packers can't coach either, since Rodgers got hurt, there not winning, & they have more talent than the Colts. HONESTLY some of you guys a LAUGHABLE! I know Mack was coached up to fumble, an Brisset was told to throw stupid IN"s late in the game! Just those 3 plays alone with ALL the other nonsense injuries, and stuff that this team has gone threw the Colts record would be 6-5 hum? Just saying!!

41 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Don't get all mad at me man.  lol  The bolded are your words not mine or anyone else's that I've read in this thread for that matter.  I'm just talking about Pagano the football coach.  You the one acting all butt hurt like any criticism of Pagano is a direct affront to you or a family member.  Any way get over it, 

Meanwhile...I'll just leave this here. 

I am not acting anyway. Just because I don't agree with the ones who say the Colt's problems are all on Pagano. I have been around and watching the NFL every since super bowl two. I have seen the railroad jobs that more than one coach has been through. Rabid fans go bananas and want blood. There come a point where reasoning is thrown out the window. Now it has gotten to the point that Pagano doesn't even hold a press conference without being criticized.

He didn't act and say what someone thinks he should have. Really?  How lame.

21 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

That's what I thought.    You want to defend constantly blaming talent... which is not stellar.... but there are plenty of other teams with worse talent but because of coaching they are getting better week after week.

if you were to have traded the Colts D players for the Pats D players at the beginning of the yr the Pats would still have a top 3-5 D And Pagcrap and Monoworthless would still be scraping the bottom of the barrel 

ITS COACHING!

HHMM...Does this Pats magic only work for the D ? Sure hasn't with Allen and Dorsett.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This guys is literally telling people to go to hell for disagreeing with him. lmao I don’t think I’ve seen this much butt hurt from a poster in a long while 

18 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

This guys is literally telling people to go to hell for disagreeing with him. lmao I don’t think I’ve seen this much butt hurt from a poster in a long while 

What you call butt hurt is just having the ability to see why thing happen and realizing that the problems the Colts have go much deeper than Pagano. Right now those who are calling for Pagano's head thinks that will solve the problems. Not happening anytime soon.

So if you want to jump on the hades train the conductor is yelling all aboard.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Actually, for me, this was one of his better pressers.  Some of the jokes were a lil much, but alot of what he said hit home with me.

i'm not going to get into whether he should stay or go, but i liked how he was more open about some things.  

I guess i feel for the guy and the position he is in.  I have to say, i have seen an improvement in Chuck in the areas that "bothrred" me. The wins aren't there but the guys ARE fighting and trying.

whatever happens, i'll support the organization's choice.

Me too.  It has been a bizarre season to say the least.  I liked the presser too in the sense that he is basically saying "what do you want me to say?"..... "you all saw the game!"

I feel like he (Chuck) HAS made some progress in regard to challenges, timeout usage and generally managing the game... the defense looks much better to me than it has in the past... I understand the lack of talent and why some things happen when they do.  Even with the lack of talent, when you couple that with your best players not playing due to injury it makes it pretty tough.

The one area that is hard to excuse for me is the lack of play design that will maximize players abilities and also minimize player weaknesses or liabilities.  This idea includes designs that increase production by adjusting how a player or players are positioned to create better mismatches etc.  

I don't like our inconsistent play calling and beyond that.... I have yet to see prevent defense work for even the most talented group of players.  Well work and effectiveness are two different things I guess.  If the goal is to keep the ball in front of you and "prevent" big plays, well then it is a flawless design and we do it pretty well.  But if you are wanting to run the clock and "prevent" the other team from scoring resulting in a loss ... well that is another story and I am sick of it.

The guys are fighting and trying.  I think we have come close to weeding out most of the diva crybabies but there are still a few.  Gotta give credit to them because they do play hard.  You have to know they don't want to lose and they are doing what they can to not let that happen.  Just need a little more help.....

But yeah, I think Chuck is okay with whichever way things go.

Sorry, I hate long post and here I am writing one.