Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pats getting exactly what they deserve for once

CR91

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew Brees and Sean Payton will carve this Patriots D next week, just a gut feeling. The pitch to the RB, the Chiefs did see what Kyle Shanahan did right. Patriots LBs sideline speed can be exploited. It's a pity Kyle stopped doing that in the second half of the SB, he started off doing that to both sides to Freeman and Coleman. Osweiler and the Broncos beat the Pats with a sideline pitch to CJ Anderson too, see a pattern??

Plus, I told you that if Brady doesn't have Edelman, his underneath rhythm is off. Edelman over Welker and his toughness was the biggest factor in key situations in 2014 and 2016 SB

Today was a goooooood night. Thanks Chiefs haha.

But NE is gonna be fine. Brady had a poor game against one of the best defences and they still put up 27. I'm not counting them out until they're legit out. 

But for now, let's enjoy the fact that NE is winless right now haha.

P.S. Started Alex Smith in fantasy. I'm a genius.

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

Today was a goooooood night. Thanks Chiefs haha.

But NE is gonna be fine. Brady had a poor game against one of the best defences and they still put up 27. I'm not counting them out until they're legit out. 

But for now, let's enjoy the fact that NE is winless right now haha.

P.S. Started Alex Smith in fantasy. I'm a genius.

My opponent picked up Alex Smith because both his QBs were Jameis Winston and Jay Cutler. Thankfully I had Kareem Hunt :)

29 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Not to mention how the Patriots started the night off like an extravagant European entrance to a boxing match. 

Marky Mark should have just proposed to Tom Brady. It would have been less embarrassing. 

Love when the Cocky get knocked out. 

Marky Mark & the Nit-Wit bunch.

cleaning crew will have fun picking up 70,000 blue roger goodell towels:

kharma baby.... kharma

2 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

So much for Brandin Cooks being the next Randy Moss....tried to tell everyone all summer long, there is a reason the Saints were desperately trying to get rid of him after his pouty attitude last year and lackluster play. 

It is only 1 game but I am shockingly surprised the Pats would lose their opener, that never happens. Chiefs looked awesome.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Drew Brees and Sean Payton will carve this Patriots D next week, just a gut feeling. The pitch to the RB, the Chiefs did see what Kyle Shanahan did right. Patriots LBs sideline speed can be exploited. It's a pity Kyle stopped doing that in the second half of the SB, he started off doing that to both sides to Freeman and Coleman. Osweiler and the Broncos beat the Pats with a sideline pitch to CJ Anderson too, see a pattern??

Plus, I told you that if Brady doesn't have Edelman, his underneath rhythm is off. Edelman over Welker and his toughness was the biggest factor in key situations in 2014 and 2016 SB

If the Saints offense is as good as it usually is, we should be able to carve their defense up indeed. Tonight was flashes of how bad NE's defense was between 2009 to 2013. They were terrible in zone and got carved up by Alex freaking Smith. 

Brady is done too...I wish he would've retired like Manning did after winning his second SB. I know the Pats fans on here are going to hate me for saying this, but I was there when Favre had his final season and it was sad to see him as a complete shadow of his former self. Brady is coming off a career year, as was Favre and Manning when they had their massive drop offs at old age. 

I am a bit in fear though facing a Patriots team coming off a hard loss like this...I'd feel a lot more confident if they were coming off a win. I can't even remember if they've ever been 0-2 with Brady. 

IMO it's very possible that NE got exposed in the SB by the Falcons. I know they had the big comeback, but they still were down 25 points, and if you look at the stat line to that game, Ryan was 17 for 17 until the 4th quarter came in to play...They were a top 5 ranked defense last year, and that shouldn't be stats for a top 5 ranked D getting carved up like that. Tonight, they gave up a huge 50+ yard run, almost the same way they did in the SB when Freeman had that big run.

2 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

If the Saints offense is as good as it usually is, we should be able to carve their defense up indeed. Tonight was flashes of how bad NE's defense was between 2009 to 2013. They were terrible in zone and got carved up by Alex freaking Smith. 

Brady is done too...I wish he would've retired like Manning did after winning his second SB. I know the Pats fans on here are going to hate me for saying this, but I was there when Favre had his final season and it was sad to see him as a complete shadow of his former self. Brady is coming off a career year, as was Favre and Manning when they had their massive drop offs at old age. 

I am a bit in fear though facing a Patriots team coming off a hard loss like this...I'd feel a lot more confident if they were coming off a win. I can't even remember if they've ever been 0-2 with Brady. 

IMO it's very possible that NE got exposed in the SB by the Falcons. I know they had the big comeback, but they still were down 25 points, and if you look at the stat line to that game, Ryan was 17 for 17 until the 4th quarter came in to play...They were a top 5 ranked defense last night, and that shouldn't be stats for a top 5 ranked D getting carved up like that. Tonight, they gave up a huge 50+ yard run, almost the same way they did in the SB when Freeman had that big run.

Best way to go is retiring after winning a SB, only Peyton and Elway have done it.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best way to go is retiring after winning a SB, only Peyton and Elway have done it.

I think I showed you this article some time back, I know I showed it to Jules.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tom-brady-will-be-bad-eventually/

I've had my doubts all summer about the Patriots...When they made the Brandin Cooks trade, I felt that hurt their chances on repeating, cause despite all the hype around him, Cooks is not Randy Moss 2.0 and he's never going to get to that level. Randy Moss is arguably a Hall of Fame receiver (If he didn't have all the behavior issues in Minnesota and Oakland, no one would be debating this since he has the numbers). Cooks struggled in NOLA and there is a reason the Saints were so desperate to get rid of him. Tonight he struggled and it will only be a prelude for his future struggles...but that 538 article really sealed it for me that the Patriots aren't repeating. Old QB's coming off career seasons don't age well. 

Brady might be among the greatest to ever play the game, but no man is immortal. Age eventually will catch up to him and tonight it looked as if that was beginning to happen...That article clearly demonstrated it when they broke down Brett Favre and Peyton Manning who were in the twilight of their careers and put off amazing seasons, then had a big fall off. 

I wish Brady had retired coming off that SB, cause he had an amazing season at age 39, had the big amazing comeback in the SB, and could've rode off into the sunset with that...It would've been like John Elway, who was another old QB who had a terrific year in his final season and capped it off with a SB. Had Elway come back after 1998, he probably has a season where his production dramatically falls off like what happened with Favre and Manning. 

11 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

I've had my doubts all summer about the Patriots...When they made the Brandin Cooks trade, I felt that hurt their chances on repeating, cause despite all the hype around him, Cooks is not Randy Moss 2.0 and he's never going to get to that level. Randy Moss is arguably a Hall of Fame receiver (If he didn't have all the behavior issues in Minnesota and Oakland, no one would be debating this since he has the numbers). Cooks struggled in NOLA and there is a reason the Saints were so desperate to get rid of him. Tonight he struggled and it will only be a prelude for his future struggles...but that 538 article really sealed it for me that the Patriots aren't repeating. Old QB's coming off career seasons don't age well. 

Brady might be among the greatest to ever play the game, but no man is immortal. Age eventually will catch up to him and tonight it looked as if that was beginning to happen...That article clearly demonstrated it when they broke down Brett Favre and Peyton Manning who were in the twilight of their careers and put off amazing seasons, then had a big fall off. 

I wish Brady had retired coming off that SB, cause he had an amazing season at age 39, had the big amazing comeback in the SB, and could've rode off into the sunset with that...It would've been like John Elway, who was another old QB who had a terrific year in his final season and capped it off with a SB. Had Elway come back after 1998, he probably has a season where his production dramatically falls off like what happened with Favre and Manning. 

Call me dumb but I still have them Repeating. It is just great seeing them lose for once at home because that never happens. Cooks is nowhere the WR Moss was, maybe losing Edleman was a bigger loss than people think?

20 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Good read by the way. We may disagree a lot but I love your knowledge/respect it. Just wanted to say that because I never say it.

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

All this hard talk, and we haven't even done anything yet and will most likely lose all our games that Luck is out.

I see your point... It will probably be ugly for us early. In fact, it'll will probably be ugly at times throughout the whole season with so many rookies and new faces in Indy...

That being acknowledged, it is still always fun, for me, to see the Pats lose, especially in Foxboro. It's even more fun to say that they are winless on the season. 

I don't think anyone on the forum thinks that Indy is as good as NE. They got beaten by a very good KC team and it was a lot closer than the final score. Thursday games and season openers are often fluky. 

I think a lot of us are taking the our time to savor these little victories because the lumps are coming... We are kind of whistling through the graveyard until we get our QB back. 

16 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I see your point... It will probably be ugly for us early. In fact, it'll will probably be ugly at times throughout the whole season with so many rookies and new faces in Indy...

That being acknowledged, it is still always fun, for me, to see the Pats lose, especially in Foxboro. It's even more fun to say that they are winless on the season. 

I don't think anyone on the forum thinks that Indy is as good as NE. They got beaten by a very good KC team and it was a lot closer than the final score. Thursday games and season openers are often fluky. 

I think a lot of us are taking the our time to savor these little victories because the lumps are coming... We are kind of whistling through the graveyard until we get our QB back. 

Oh I love it too, but we can't get sore when it starts coming back in full.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

BB at the podium "we're on to new orleans" haha 

I watched Bill at his post game presser & he seemed more melancholy then usual. Easy there Bill. You're woman didn't leave you man & Robert Kraft, your boss, had a packed stadium making money hand over fist. 

To hear Brady & Belichick recount their loss tonight, you'd swear they'd just lost their favorite vacation homes somewhere. It's really not that bad Billy. 

It was funny to see actor Mark Wahlberg say Brady was the best NFL QB before the banner dropped & then he came up short. The optics of that was slightly amusing on a symbolic level. 

Didn't Wahlberg leave the SB early too once Atlanta had a sizable lead in the SB too? So, his loyalty to Brady isn't as strong as he would have Tommy believe either. I kid; I kid.