Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Turbin

TKnight24

21 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

If he gets cut it would be a money decision.  Turbin plays harder than 90% of the team.

Too important to let him free IMO.  :lecture:

Well, Ballard gave him that money so doubt he's cut at all barring injury.

Probably keeping 4 running backs. Gore, Turbin, & Mack should be locks. 

32 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

He looked good. Plus having 7 touchdowns, that's definitely a monster year for him. He could potentially be our bruiser back.

Wouldn't mind Turbin & Mack for the future along with another RB when Gore hangs it up 

12 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Totally agree.  HMMMM who will be the 4th?

I have this gut feeling Christine Michael is going to start showing some of the talent he has.  Not sure how his role is going to play out.  Talented enough to be the 2nd RB, but could end being the 3rd or the 4th.  Who knows, we'll see I guess.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I have this gut feeling Christine Michael is going to start showing some of the talent he has.  Not sure how his role is going to play out.  Talented enough to be the 2nd RB, but could end being the 3rd or the 4th.  Who knows, we'll see I guess.

Unless one of the undrafted just kills it I think you are correct.  Also will be interesting to see if Ferguson has caught up to the speed of the NFL:thmup:

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Unless one of the undrafted just kills it I think you are correct.  Also will be interesting to see if Ferguson has caught up to the speed of the NFL:thmup:

I think Ferguson will have to really kill it in the preseason to make the team.   My gut says they have plans to use Mack as the receiving back. Pretty sure they'll be giving Mack a couple carries on top of that.  A little more than what Fergusons role was last yer.   I think one of Crossan or Ferguson are set for the practice squad.

4 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I see Ferguson has added some muscle in the offseason just looking at some of the pictures.

9 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

You can take advantage of Macks home run ability in the passing game.   Get him out on some angle routes and other stuff.  Turn a 5 yard route into a 30-40 yard gain.  Run after catch bro!  I'm sure they've been working hard maximizing his receiving skills.

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

I see Ferguson has added some muscle in the offseason just looking at some of the pictures.

5 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

That was one of the reasons why I thought he might have worked hard this off season.

This is a make or break year for Ferguson. If he doesn't make the cut on our team then his nfl days are most likely over.

8 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

This is a make or break year for Ferguson. If he doesn't make the cut on our team then his nfl days are most likely over.

I don't know about that all the way.      I don't think he'll make the team most likely just because of all the backs we have.  Mack, Turbin, Gore, Michael are all better than him.  I just doubt he'll beat any of them.   I think some of his issues last year were related to being a rookie.  Also think Chud didn't use him properly in different cases.   He's got good enough ability to be a Shane Vereen type.  I think we'll see a different and probably better player than he was in 2016.  But at the end of the day I think the backs he's competing with are better players.  I could see him making the team if somebody got injured and he has a strong preseason though.  He's also got special teams value.   We'll see when the games begin!

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know about that all the way.      I don't think he'll make the team most likely just because of all the backs we have.  Mack, Turbin, Gore, Michael are all better than him.  I just doubt he'll beat any of them.   I think some of his issues last year were related to being a rookie.  Also think Chud didn't use him properly in different cases.   He's got good enough ability to be a Shane Vereen type.  I think we'll see a different and probably better player than he was in 2016.  But at the end of the day I think the backs he's competing with are better players.  I could see him making the team if somebody got injured and he has a strong preseason though.  He's also got special teams value.   We'll see when the games begin!

He has a slight advantage by knowing Chuds system in his second season over the new guys but did he make enough progress in the off-season is the big question. Our 4th rb will most likely shine on special teams to be able to make the roster whether it's Michael, Ferguson, Crossan or some other udfa that stands out in pre-season. Its going to be interesting to watch.

41 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

As we all say....these things will likely come down to special teams ability as well.  

20 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

He has a slight advantage by knowing Chuds system in his second season over the new guys but did he make enough progress in the off-season is the big question. Our 4th rb will most likely shine on special teams to be able to make the roster whether it's Michael, Ferguson, Crossan or some other udfa that stands out in pre-season. Its going to be interesting to watch.

I think they simplified the offense this year.  Communication of calls was not even average.  Sometimes it made Luck look clueless. :) 

3 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

I think they simplified the offense this year.  Communication of calls was not even average.  Sometimes it made Luck look clueless. :) 

Sometimes less is more in some cases so a simpler offense can't be a bad thing sometimes. The offense wasn't quite as bad as our defense last season but is far from being as efficient as it could be. 3 and outs were tough to watch last year, let's hope there is more chain moving this season.

23 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Sometimes less is more in some cases so a simpler offense can't be a bad thing sometimes. The offense wasn't quite as bad as our defense last season but is far from being as efficient as it could be. 3 and outs were tough to watch last year, let's hope there is more chain moving this season.

The Colts defense was ranked 30th last year.

The Colts offense I think was ranked 10th last year.

And you say the Colts offense wasn't quite as bad as the defense?    

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah I am not even worried about our Offense. The slow starts are bothersome but our Defense was terrible last season, that is what has me worried. With the additions Ballard has made in Hankins, Sheard, and others and Drafting Hooker I expect the Defense to climb into the Top 20/around that. I love that we got younger too.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Imagine what they could rank if they could shore up the 3 and outs.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am not even worried about our Offense. The slow starts are bothersome but our Defense was terrible last season, that is what has me worried. With the additions Ballard has made in Hankins, Sheard, and others and Drafting Hooker I expect the Defense to climb into the Top 20/around that. I love that we got younger too.

I'm worried about the offense.  It's the main reason #12 isn't throwing the ball right now.

56 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I'm worried about the offense.  It's the main reason #12 isn't throwing the ball right now.

Yeah I am assuming 12 will be healthy, if he isn't we are screwed. I don't know anything that nobody else doesn't know at this point but I would bet he will be healthy by week 1 just based on the type of surgery he has had. He also has the best treatment/rehab possible in the world. If he isn't healthy by week 1 I would be shocked to be honest.

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am assuming 12 will be healthy, if he isn't we are screwed. I don't know anything that nobody else doesn't know at this point but I would bet he will be healthy by week 1 just based on the type of surgery he has had. He also has the best treatment/rehab possible in the world. If he isn't healthy by week 1 I would be shocked to be honest.

I expect him to be healthy.  The coaching staff, mainly Chuck, has to get a clue and do a better job of protecting the franchise QB.  It shouldn't take five years and a shoulder injury for him to figure this out, but here we are.

39 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I expect him to be healthy.  The coaching staff, mainly Chuck, has to get a clue and do a better job of protecting the franchise QB.  It shouldn't take five years and a shoulder injury for him to figure this out, but here we are.

It shouldn't have taken five years for Chuck to have an offensive line good enough to protect Luck.

23 hours ago, krunk said:

So much for that. :|

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bullseye!

How old is he now? He's always been underrated and not just as a blocker. He's a solid runner who just happened to be overshadowed by 2 guys named Gore and Lynch. I think it would be smart to run some 2 back sets besides the boring ole I-Formation so that he gets a few more carries, and so that some of the carries he gets surprises the defense.