Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Quiet before the storm...

indyagent17

I think I saw a tumbleweed roll across the forum earlier. This time is interesting because of the possibilities and the calm before the draft.

My favorite movies is Star Trek II so there is something to debate lol

seriously, I think this is going to be one of the most anticipated drafts since 2012 we have added a lot of "B" players that may come into their own or not. We are getting younger for sure though and I am very anxious about what Ballard comes up with over that weekend.

the forum dies when there is nothing to talk about

the draft section is pretty active but thats about it.

not sure what to say about the draft right now, could be good, bad or mediocre we just dont know until it happens

Tbh, I haven't followed the draft much in the past but I have looked at a lot of mocks this year. I actually see names that I recognize and I have an idea who I think we should choose but I'm probably way off. Anyway, I am really excited about this draft and what it could mean to the COLTS. :rock:

5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I think I saw a tumbleweed roll across the forum earlier. This time is interesting because of the possibilities and the calm before the draft.

My favorite movies is Star Trek II so there is something to debate lol

seriously, I think this is going to be one of the most anticipated drafts since 2012 we have added a lot of "B" players that may come into their own or not. We are getting younger for sure though and I am very anxious about what Ballard comes up with over that weekend.

Wasn't Star Trek II labeled the Wrath of Khan? My uncle's wife bought a Miniature Pincher years ago and named it Rascal. So when I would visit them I would always call it the RASC of KHAN because that little 7 pound dog would try and bite your finger off if you put it out there lmao 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wasn't Star Trek II labeled the Wrath of Khan? My uncle's wife bought a Miniature Pincher years ago and named it Rascal. So when I would visit them I would always call it the RASC of KHAN because that little 7 pound dog would try and bite your finger off if you put it out there lmao 

ofcourse it is brother. The greatest film of all time

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I tend to research players after the colts select them. Sometimes our colts choose people I never heard of. Obviously you hear a lot of names and learn a lot before the draft. But it's mainly hype until draft is over. 

I've taken this route as well. I was looking at alot of guys last year then the only one we grabbed that I looked at outside of Kelly was Green. I'll just save some time this year and wait lol

15 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Yeah, I can go for a draft once in a while also. Go Colts.

Yes at least once every 12 months or so , it's fun to watch an NFL draft. I watch all 3 days of it .

This thread is really firing me up big time. Go Colts !!!!!! 

21 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yes at least once every 12 months or so , it's fun to watch an NFL draft. I watch all 3 days of it .

This thread is really firing me up big time. Go Colts !!!!!! 

I try to watch it all, also.

Just making fun as it seemed to become a random thoughts thread for a while there.

58 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I try to watch it all, also.

Just making fun as it seemed to become a random thoughts thread for a while there.

I was also making fun as this thread was no doubt turned into  a lightweight.

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

It was a lightweight to begin with :)

Ehhh.. you tried. There's just not much more to talk about right now. We've pretty much beaten everything to death. April 27 can't get here quick enough to spice the board up again.

On 4/10/2017 at 0:05 PM, DougDew said:

The original Godfather and Patton are two very good movies.  They are from back in the 70s.

Haha, what a coincidence! I'm watching The Godfather on AMC. Because things have slowwwwwed to a crawl on the board, I've not been as active, so I was just catching up on some posts and read your post as I'm watching Don Corleone survive five.

For real, this time before the Draft (after pro days) is like this hazed-filled purgatory where no one knows where they'll go and the information stream just cease, except for mock drafts. Without Draft prospect activities (Senior Bowl, the Combine, Pro Day, visits, etc.), there is only speculation left to entertain the waiting minds and posters have to get creative to fill the time.

What gets me laughing during this purgatory are all the Mock Drafts posted by professionals during this time, cause they seem to get more varied as they collect more information on prospects. So it goes to show that NO ONE knows whats going to happen on that weekend since there are at least 32 opinions that matter and NO ONE person understands them all. -One would have a better chance winning the Powerball & picking a flawless NCAA Bracket vs. predicting the NFL Draft with all it trades and pontification.

7 minutes ago, BlueTruth said:

Haha, what a coincidence! I'm watching The Godfather on AMC. Because things have slowwwwwed to a crawl on the board, I've not been as active, so I was just catching up on some posts and read your post as I'm watching Don Corleone survive five.

For real, this time before the Draft (after pro days) is like this hazed-filled purgatory where no one knows where they'll go and the information stream just cease, except for mock drafts. Without Draft prospect activities (Senior Bowl, the Combine, Pro Day, visits, etc.), there is only speculation left to entertain the waiting minds and posters have to get creative to fill the time.

What gets me laughing during this purgatory are all the Mock Drafts posted by professionals during this time, cause they seem to get more varied as they collect more information on prospects. So it goes to show that NO ONE knows whats going to happen on that weekend since there are at least 32 opinions that matter and NO ONE person understands them all. -One would have a better chance winning the Powerball & picking a flawless NCAA Bracket vs. predicting the NFL Draft with all it trades and pontification.

I'm left to reading WalterFootball only because they change their mocks every three days for no reason that I can figure.  At least its an update.

28 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm left to reading WalterFootball only because they change their mocks every three days for no reason that I can figure.  At least its an update.

I've passed some time drafting on Fanspeak with various boards, being AMAZED at where they have prospects going, then I seek out those websites to see why? or what made them rate their grades.

Some of it looks like it's done without reason. But everybody has an opinion... until they get hit in between the white stripes.

7 minutes ago, BlueTruth said:

I've passed some time drafting on Fanspeak with various boards, being AMAZED at where they have prospects going, then I seek out those websites to see why? or what made them rate their grades.

Some of it looks like it's done without reason. But everybody has an opinion... until they get hit in between the white stripes.

But I also think this draft is weird in that there are a lot of good players who are probably in the 15 to 80 range depending upon how severe you judge their strengths and weaknesses, so its no surprise that mock drafts this year can look different from site to site.

It looks like I'll miss out on watching the draft this year unless it rains, stinks too because I've been watching a ton of tape on players. I'm not one that does mock drafts. This year especially since there's gunna be alot of good players around where we are picking