Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cutler To The Jets?

King Colt

4 hours ago, jet1968 said:

I wouldn't want cutler on my team if I was a gm for any team. I wouldn't even want him as a backup.

Cutler gets a lot of undeserved negative media.  

I certainly wouldn't want him to replace Andrew but if he was a backup he'd be the best #2 QB in the NFL.  I'd certainly prefer him over Tolzien.

He's easily an improvement for teams like the Jets, Browns, Texans, 49er's.  He's clearly one of the best 32 QB's in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

I actually think Cutler will end up in Buffalo. His old OC from Denver is there now. 

He would be destroyed in NY. Destroyed. (By the media, I mean.) The Jets would be beyond dumb to sign this guy. So... maybe they do it. lmao

I'd rather have Tyrod Taylor as my QB than Jay Cutler.

And I'm not a big Taylor fan.

On 2/15/2017 at 1:51 PM, Finball said:

I'd rather have Tyrod Taylor as my QB than Jay Cutler.

And I'm not a big Taylor fan.

Me too. But I don't know that I would want to pay Taylor upwards of the $17M or whatever it is that he's owed. The Bills are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place there... over-pay to keep Taylor? Or take your chances on the FA market or the draft? 

16 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Me too. But I don't know that I would want to pay Taylor upwards of the $17M or whatever it is that he's owed. The Bills are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place there... over-pay to keep Taylor? Or take your chances on the FA market or the draft? 

I'd keep Tyrod and draft a QB high, in the 1st or 2nd.

I think Taylor's uspide is pretty much what we've seen. Medicore/average QB who on his own isn't good enough to win SB and won'w win one without absolutely dominant defense. Bills don't have one but I don't think they can justify just cutting him. He's the best QB they've had in a while, even though he hasn't had tough competiton. Pick up Taylor's option, keep him for the 2 years he gets guaranteed, draft and groom his replacement.

I'm not sure who's really in charge in Buffalo and how much job security has but I think that's the best option for both short and long-term interests for that franchise.

To not make this too OT for the Cutler to Jets thread, I don't think any team will sign Cutler to be their starter. He'll get signed and could even win a starting job but that would say more about the QB talent on that team than Cutler.

• 1 month later...

I feel like Cutler should retire. I know he has diabetes and I can tell by his face he doesn't like to be out there (okay, maybe he's secretly as giddy as a school kid inside). Also, I hate Googling Jay Cutler and bringing up, you know... Jay Cutler. One has got to go.

Jay-cutler-arms-training.jpg