Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heat Increasing for Answers

Coltsfan1284

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, VocableLoki said:

I hope Jim is ignoring most of this and just continuing to do his diligent work. I'm sure he's trying to put together whatever plan works best for the franchise, no reason to rush.

Well, you say that, and I'm not entirely disagreeing with you...he definitely should do his due diligence and all, but at the same time, if he's going to make a change then that new HC is going to need to be able to put together a coaching staff under him and it'd be nice if he had a chance to do that before all of the good candidates are already signed.

I'm not saying he should rush, but if I were him I would expedite the process as much as possible. :)

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

Well, you say that, and I'm not entirely disagreeing with you...he definitely should do his due diligence and all, but at the same time, if he's going to make a change then that new HC is going to need to be able to put together a coaching staff under him and it'd be nice if he had a chance to do that before all of the good candidates are already signed.

I'm not saying he should rush, but if I were him I would expedite the process as much as possible. :)

Agreed. 

4 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Agreed.  I still think there's a possibility we hear something today.  its only 945 local time . 

PFT has some of the most hilarious Colts/Irsay bashing on the web. Not that it's really funny, but some of those posters must spend an inordinate amount of time waiting to remind everyone that they're convinced Irsay is on the hooch, regardless of what he does. 

This article isn't increasing the heat, it's a reminder that there is heat.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

PFT has some of the most hilarious Colts/Irsay bashing on the web. Not that it's really funny, but some of those posters must spend an inordinate amount of time waiting to remind everyone that they're convinced Irsay is on the hooch, regardless of what he does. 

well I'm sure Florio HATES the colts so it's always negative in a way.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It is because they're a bunch of New England turds!

21 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I agree and Wade Phillips sounds like he is going to the Rams, so we just lost a chance to get a great DC. 

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What heat?  He doesn't have to answer media reports or fan chatter.  I'm assuming the next time we see Irsay, Grigson, or Pagano, they will be in the draft war room or announcing FA signings.

If I didn't read this forum, I would assume Irsay's statement a month ago about staying the course was what was going to happen. Are the streets of Indianapolis filled with thousands of people demanding change?

All I see are a few dozen fans on this site and a handfull of low-level media types speculating on top of speculation.

5 minutes ago, egg said:

If I didn't read this forum, I would assume Irsay's statement a month ago about staying the course was what was going to happen. Are the streets of Indianapolis filled with thousands of people demanding change?

All I see are a few dozen fans on this site and a handfull of low-level media types speculating on top of speculation.

We've got a lot more than just a few dozen fans speculating. And we've got guys other than Brad Wells saying stuff, even if it is just Holder and Kravitz saying something seems odd.

33 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Agreed.  I still think there's a possibility we hear something today.  its only 945 local time . 

That would be nice. I'm curious if he even says anything if he is bringing Pagano and Grigson back. Either he is not saying anything because they are staying...or I think maybe he is trying to bring Manning in as GM with Gruden or Saban as coach. And that is what is taking so long. He is trying to convince THEM to come here.  I really don't know but this waiting sucks. At least it gives a little bit of excitement with the season being a disappointment and them out of the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, egg said:

Maybe we should do that! Lol 

10 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

A few dozen fans? I'm not arguing that these rumors are true or not, but we've got a lot more than just a few dozen fans speculating.

I know that there are hundreds who come here, but it's certainly is the same 20 or 30 that are the most vocal.

I'm not at all against it or anything. Personally don't care if there is a change or not.....

It's just that there is no real evidence at all that anything is going to happen. Maybe it will, I don't know, but I don't see any reason to expect it.......

3 minutes ago, egg said:

I know that there are hundreds who come here, but is certainly is the same 20 or 30 that are the most vocal.

I'm not at all against it or anything. Personally don't care if there is a change or not.....

Sure, definitely vocal, but Stampede Blue is full of fans speculating, the Colts subreddit is too. We've got local media continuing the madness with Kravitz and Holder still not completely sold on Pagano coming back.

And as long as guys like Holder and Kravitz, and now Florio, are writing that type of stuff, the speculation is going to gain steam.

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What heat?  He doesn't have to answer media reports or fan chatter.  I'm assuming the next time we see Irsay, Grigson, or Pagano, they will be in the draft war room or announcing FA signings.

He's gonna * off a lot of fans if he doesn't say anything as to their plans. Especially if he brings back the current regime and doesn't end this speculation. 

LOL!  This has now gotten to the point of stupidity.  It's like Indy media gets a taste of ratings  with deflate gate and all the sudden they want to emulate the NY press.  And some of you are just shoveling it down your throats like a kid with anorexia who suddenly had a change of heart.

3 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

Maybe just lock all the Gruden threads until something concrete surfaces?

What else are we going to do?  The Colts aren't in the playoffs and the draft is a few months away.  If Irsay really wants these rumors to end, he can address the media.  Until then, people are going to speculate. 

1 minute ago, Corndog said:

What else are we going to do?  The Colts aren't in the playoffs and the draft is a few months away.  If Irsay really wants these rumors to end, he can address the media.  Until then, people are going to speculate. 

Yup, I think it's fine for members of a forum to discuss this. That seems to be the whole purpose of a forum in my mind.

13 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

LOL!  This has now gotten to the point of stupidity.  It's like Indy media gets a taste of ratings  with deflate gate and all the sudden they want to emulate the NY press.  And some of you are just shoveling it down your throats like a kid with anorexia who suddenly had a change of heart.

Well, that's a little unncessary.

45 minutes ago, Corndog said:

I agree and Wade Phillips sounds like he is going to the Rams, so we just lost a chance to get a great DC. 

Maybe the Colts never had a chance.  Maybe Irsay talked to him (Wade still lives in the Houston area I believe) but Maybe Wade only wanted LA (where is daughter lives) or the Redskins (where his son coaches).

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Maybe the Colts never had a chance.  Maybe Irsay talked to him (Wade still lives in the Houston area I believe) but Maybe Wade only wanted LA (where is daughter lives) or the Redskins (where his son coaches).

You could right, we will probably never know.  I definitely could see him picking a team based on location rather than potential success at his age.  

10 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Yup, I think it's fine for members of a forum to discuss this. That seems to be the whole purpose of a forum in my mind.

That was always my impression for the purpose of the forum, especially in the offseason.  Not sure why people are getting so upset.  If these discussions are really making people that upset, it's probably a good idea for them to take a break from the board.   

1 minute ago, Corndog said:

That was always my impression for the purpose of the forum, especially in the offseason.  Not sure why people are getting so upset.  If these discussions are really making people that upset, it's probably a good idea for them to take a break from the board.   

I don't think anyone is getting "upset" haha

Just kind of common sense Gruden isn't going to become our HC.

What a load of baloney. If Irsay is keeping them he doesn't need to say anything, in that they are still working in their current roles. If he does want to fire them, he probably needs a definite plan re who he is going to hire, so he definitely shouldn't say anything.

People are just looking to gripe.

21 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

At least you'll have "I told you so" ammunition for the year if all these rumors turn out to be nonsense though.

I'm not even counting on that.  I'm really indifferent as to whether any of these guys stay or go.  I just think it's silly (a) expecting change when Irsay said already he expects no chagne (b) to conflagrate an issue that, for the time being should be a non-issue until further notice and (c) make child-like demands for a response to said conflagrated issue when Irsay has no obligation to discuss anything about it in the first place.  

It's no wonder Irsay has said nothing on the topic, because if anyone's paid attention ot the Colts media and these forums over the past month and a half, it doesn't matter hwat Irsay says, there's a loud and obnoxious group of people that won't take him at his word anyway.  So why the hell would he say anything at all?