Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff George syndrome

WoolMagnet

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah. I like the OP, decent poster but hell forums wouldn't be fun if we agreed all the time. Nothing wrong with different opinions. I'm sure I've had opinions that people thought were crazy too, it happens.

I like woolmagnet it was nothing against him and hell yeah I agree it would be boring if we all agreed. Sometimes threads like these can bring out in the worst of people though is why I posted what I posted but this one really hasn't so far.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Luck ends up playing 20 seasons and wins at least 1 SB and throws for 70,000 Yards I will take it.

Not to mention the MVP awards and being a HOF QB.

Yeah I would take a career like Favre anyday.

19 minutes ago, Jules said:

Arians has too much of a fetish for the deep ball IMO even if your o line is crap. He had too much fun winding up a rookie Luck and playing with that new toy at times to the point I think we should be happy Luck was a rookie then and not a beaten up veteran already.

It often seems boom or bust to me with Arians. You either get these big plays down the field and it's hot and sexy or your QB gets pummeled or throws a pick.

Looking back at the NFCCG I actually wonder now if some of it was playcalling with the Cards........since GB dropped a few easy picks too I think in the divisional.

Good breakdown there Jules. I especially like what you said that I highlighted in red. I wonder what Cardinals booth announcer Ron Wolfley would say in response to that BA criticism? Love em or hate em Wolf is hilarious on the air. 

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

As long as he doesn't retire every other year haha

Since Bogie had a birthday recently & he reveres #4, I will let that one go. Besides Brett got his yellow jacket back in early August, I don't hate the man personally, & he is a darn nice guy & grandpa now so it's time to bury the hatchet now on my end. 

52 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

This thread isn't serious is it? No offense to the OP but saying Jeff George=Andrew Luck is one of the craziest takes I've ever read on here. Hes nothing like Jeff in any way. 

Those two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.I get what op was trying   to say,but Andrew has such a better attitude.

23 minutes ago, Robert Johnson said:

Those two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence

I couldn't have said it better myself Robert. Jeff & Andrew have nothing in common except that they both played the same position. After that, the vast differences multiply exponentially as in, it's not even close. 

Luck leaves George in the dust IMO. 

10 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

The qb I watch that makes me worry about Andrew is Matt Ryan.  All the hype,  but he's overrated and will never live up to the hype.  I hope that isn't Andrew.  

Andrew is better then Ryan to me. I know Ryan has had a few good years but my God that Falcons team is soft as toilet paper and crumbles so easily. Hell we saw it last year too when we went to Atlanta and they fell apart around us with Hasselbeck.

Luck though is much more mobile then a lot the comparisons I hear for him too which is why I prefer to compare him to a Favre or Warren Moon type even though clearly he has not accomplished what those men did. I can only hope he can stay healthy enough since I always felt Luck had potential to become the best in the AFC once Brady/Manning were both gone.

I guess when people compare him as well to a Big Ben and Cam Newton that isn't far off either at the moment even though Luck has yet to reach the big game. But, he has never ever had defenses like Ben or Cam have ever had either at times.

I mean right now we don't even have a CB. lmao 

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

If NY would have passed and the steelers would have drafted Pennington, as reported they wanted to, chad would have had a  much different career, imo.

same with Brady.  If he doesnt go to NE and play for tricky Billy, i'm not so sure he has even 1 SB, and thats IF he ever became a starter. If bledsoe doesn't get hurt, we may not know who brady is, and instead of Giselle, he'd be married to a Boston Hooters girl.

i believe there have been many QBs that would have had significantly different careers had they gone to different teams.

its a shame but on many teams, late rd picks and UFAs just dont get the opportunities ofhigher picks. Additionally, many teams give higher rd picks more leeway and chances than perhaps they should (based on production).

Respectfully,   I think we're just going to agree to disagree on this.

There is some truth in your post,  but not enough, IMO, to draw the bigger conclusions that you have.

So,   we see the same thing differently and we'll leave it at that.....

I can see how George fell into a bad situation with the O-Line issues, etc., but I think that George's problem was George.  Andrew's attitude is entirely different.  I think George matured a lot from being in the league but Andrew already has that maturity.  He admits his mistakes, so much so that I think he's very hard on himself.  

5 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Jim Plunkett territory

Yeah it is funny he won 2 SB's because that is tough to do looking at history. Only 11 starting QB's have won 2 or more in 50 SB's. 11 is rare territory and Plunkett is a part of that. You wouldn't think Eli would be in that category either but his team beat the Patriots twice of all teams.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Could be, watch Palmer get injured this season, SMH

Tim Couch

Ben Roethlisberger 

Andrew Luck

Drew Stanton

I sense a trend.  How Luck avoided injury his rookie year I will never know.

@Bott, without looking it up I think this is the list of QB's that have started in SB's and won 2 or more:

Bradshaw won 4

Montana 4

Brady 4

Aikman 3

Starr 2

Griese 2

Staubach 2

Plunkett 2 LOL

Elway 2

Big Ben 2

Eli 2

and most recently Peyton 2 = 31 of the SB wins, Peyton became the 12th actually to do it. The other 19 SB winning QB's were 1 timers.

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

This thread isn't serious is it? No offense to the OP but saying Jeff George=Andrew Luck is one of the craziest takes I've ever read on here. Hes nothing like Jeff in any way. 

Come on people... I didnt say Luck was George or even cpmpared them.

to think that the hurries, hits, bad running game hasn't affected Luck is nonsense.  And to think it couldn't affect him going forward is short-sided.  I didn't say luck wouldn't be good, but could hear "footsteps" in the pocket, hurry throws , force throws, or run too soon (all of which he's done).

have u seen some of the topics around here?  I thought i raised a legitimate question that he could have a "memory" of being hurried, like MANY QB's have thru history, including Peyton.

but NOWHERE was i comparing him to george (as a player), merely that they have experienced very similar issues regarding poor OL play, inadaquate running game, and being behind in the score.

sheesh.

14 hours ago, Jules said:

If I had to pick a veteran/retired QB that was good to compare Luck to at times it was Favre.

And how long did Favre force throws, throw interceptions, etc?

we're not comparing PLAYERS, we're comparing situations they were thrown in and how it affected their play long-term.

14 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Come on people... I didnt say Luck was George or even cpmpared them.

to think that the hurries, hits, bad running game hasn't affected Luck is nonsense.  And to think it couldn't affect him going forward is short-sided.  I didn't say luck wouldn't be good, but could hear "footsteps" in the pocket, hurry throws , force throws, or run too soon (all of which he's done).

have u seen some of the topics around here?  I thought i raised a legitimate question that he could have a "memory" of being hurried, like MANY QB's have thru history, including Peyton.

but NOWHERE was i comparing him to george (as a player), merely that they have experienced very similar issues regarding poor OL play, inadaquate running game, and being behind in the score.

sheesh.

All quarterbacks will hear footsteps if you hit them enough.  That doesn't mean it will leak into following games.  Hit Brady a few times and that guy acts like a timid dog.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

All quarterbacks will hear footsteps if you hit them enough.  That doesn't mean it will leak into following games.  Hit Brady a few times and that guy acts like a timid dog.

Thats what i said in my original post.  I dont understand why people took that as Luck = Jeff George and Luck will suck.

my question was HOW MUCH and for HOW LONG do people think this will affect him.

maybe i should stick with my snarky, sarcastic jokes and leave the starting of posts to the "expert post starters" around here.  

PFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT !

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Thats what i said in my original post.  I dont understand why people took that as Luck = Jeff George and Luck will suck.

my question was HOW MUCH and for HOW LONG do people think this will affect him.

maybe i should stick with my snarky, sarcastic jokes and leave the starting of posts to the "expert post starters" around here.  

PFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT !

I havnt seen signs it has affected him.

18 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think a better comparison would be Brandon Carr. He's more recent and was legitimately talented. But he got shell shocked from Houston's terrible O-Line play and never recovered.

Theres also an even scarier possibility which is Chad Pennington. The one guy from the 2000 draft class who was actually better than Brady. But his rotator cuff got destroyed because of his offensive line and eventually he lost his zip on the ball and basically looked like 2015 Manning.

Lets hope and pray Luck doesn't turn into either one of those guys.

David Carr? If so, I agree. Brandon Carr played for the Cowboys.

On 8/26/2016 at 8:24 PM, Bogie said:

The one thing Luck and George have in common is how many fans are going to turn on him when he don't live up to the insane expectations that have been given to him as he's become the NFL's highest paid player. 

:spit:  The only thing Luck & the Whining Loser Jeff George had in common was they were both first round picks , 

First off Luck got better each year & in the playoffs further each year each season winning seasons . His injury in year four the only other difference yet given that Luck easily out shined Jeffy our home town hero .:thmdown: 

Jeff George had 1 winning season in his first 4 & had almost as many interceptions as TD's .

The fans won't turn on Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck they are what Jeff George never was they represent the :colts: with CLASS on & off the field &  Are 2 proven winners who have given there all for the team , Team players who make those around them better .

The only thing Jeff George ever did for the Colts that was note worthy was he played good enough for the Falcons that the Colts received a first round pick in the trade that sent him South , In 1996 with that pick we got Marvin Harrison as a Colt he was worthless to the franchise we Colts fans turned on him because he sucked as a person & a QB .

In Indy we have had 3 QB's that were nothing like the rest 

Captain Comeback Jim Harbaugh 

The Sheriff  Peyton Manning 

The Beard  Andrew Luck 

These QB's will always have the respect of those that Bleed the Blue because they earned it . 

We had high hopes for the home town boy & he earned the disrespect not just because he sucked on the field but he sucked as a person .

Trading him helped the team for years to come & was his only contribution ,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/19/twenty-five-years-ago-sunday-the-colts-moved-up-for-jeff-george/

On 8/26/2016 at 6:51 PM, WoolMagnet said:

Inwas thinking about Andrew and the hurries, hits, etc, and it made me think of Jeff George and how a bad OL, hurries, and hits affeted George's game and arguably his career.

for those newer Colt fans, George developed a habit of throwing off his back foot because of the constant pressure. This affected his accuracy and velocity.   The guy could really sling the ball but the pressure really affected him long-term.

Of course, we can deduce that some of Andrews interceptions, and hits are directly related to the OL's play.

is anyone worried that Andrew will have some effect long-term from a similar first few years?

i'm sure it will to some degree (it arguably affected Peyton somewhat) it will, but hopefully he has a shorter memory than George did.

a solid OL is so helpful in developing a young QB.

More likely to be 'David Carr' syndrome.

53 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

:spit:  The only thing Luck & the Whining Loser Jeff George had in common was they were both first round picks , 

First off Luck got better each year & in the playoffs further each year each season winning seasons . His injury in year four the only other difference yet given that Luck easily out shined Jeffy our home town hero .:thmdown: 

Jeff George had 1 winning season in his first 4 & had almost as many interceptions as TD's .

The fans won't turn on Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck they are what Jeff George never was they represent the :colts: with CLASS on & off the field &  Are 2 proven winners who have given there all for the team , Team players who make those around them better .

The only thing Jeff George ever did for the Colts that was note worthy was he played good enough for the Falcons that the Colts received a first round pick in the trade that sent him South , In 1996 with that pick we got Marvin Harrison as a Colt he was worthless to the franchise we Colts fans turned on him because he sucked as a person & a QB .

In Indy we have had 3 QB's that were nothing like the rest 

Captain Comeback Jim Harbaugh 

The Sheriff  Peyton Manning 

The Beard  Andrew Luck 

These QB's will always have the respect of those that Bleed the Blue because they earned it . 

We had high hopes for the home town boy & he earned the disrespect not just because he sucked on the field but he sucked as a person .

Trading him helped the team for years to come & was his only contribution ,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/19/twenty-five-years-ago-sunday-the-colts-moved-up-for-jeff-george/

Like I said, I wasn't comparing them AS PLAYERS, merely the effects of hits, rushes, etc.

although I'd like to see Andrew have a shorter memory when bad things happen.  He lets it affect his mood more than I'd like.  A little more of "Eli syndrome" would be nice.  Haha. Like water off a ducks you know what.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

As a Indianapolis Colts fan from day 1 , I thought Jeff George the home town boy was Peyton Manning before there ever was a Peyton Manning & he proved me & many others wrong .

He was a prima donna & a cry baby & yes he had good moments but he ultimately sucked as a Colt .

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/4/15/2112853/indianapolis-colts-top-10-draft-busts-and-successes-in-franchise

he had some good games at Warren Central, does that count for anything.  :sarcasm:

14 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Like I said, I wasn't comparing them AS PLAYERS, merely the effects of hits, rushes, etc.

although I'd like to see Andrew have a shorter memory when bad things happen.  He lets it affect his mood more than I'd like.  A little more of "Eli syndrome" would be nice.  Haha. Like water off a ducks you know what.

I was'nt responding to you I was quoting bogie's bogus post . & I read this earlier when you responded to someone else .:hat:

3 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I was'nt responding to you I was quoting bogie's bogus post . & I read this earlier when you responded to someone else .:hat:

Its all good.  I just dont want anyone thinking i don't recognize Andrew's talent. No problem bud.

14 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

he had some good games at Warren Central, does that count for anything.  :sarcasm:

Actually it did , He won the Dial Award & He won the first Gatorade National Player of the Year which was also won by Peyton Manning , Emmit Smith ,Lebron James & Kobe Bryant 

5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its all good.  I just dont want anyone thinking i don't recognize Andrew's talent. No problem bud.

I feel ya Buddy its all good I had read your post pointing that out after my original post to Bogie , We both realize 12 has talent & look forward to seeing it provided the O-line can find a way to give him time .:hat:

On 8/26/2016 at 8:24 PM, Bogie said:

The one thing Luck and George have in common is how many fans are going to turn on him when he don't live up to the insane expectations that have been given to him as he's become the NFL's highest paid player. 

I learned something that I had'nt noticed of course I realized 12 is now making the highest salary in the NFL for 2016 & that the Texans Showed the Money to Brock Osweiler I had not realized he was number 8 highest paid player not bad for only 7 starts & 11 TD's IMO the Texans took a huge gamble & I hope it blows up in there face .