Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dak Prescott

RockThatBlue

I watched him vs the Rams & I was like crap Prescott could make the Cowboys look respectable & remain competitive if Tony Romo gets injured again. 

Dak has solid pocket presence, impressive arm strength, & touch on the ball to drop it in his WRs breadbasket without forcing his teammate to stop or slow down. 

That kid looks legit. Yes, I know. The sample size is tiny. However, the NFL doesn't appear too big for him spotlight wise. 

4 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

How much of the game did he play?

Romo had the night off. Prescott played the entire 1st half & if I remember correctly, Jameill Showers played the bulk of the 3rd & 4th quarters. 

Showers had this 1 play where he looked destined to be sacked by Rams pass rushers & somehow he escapes, rolls over, lands on his feet, scrabbles, & throws for a 1st down. 

I was like Jesus I hate this football franchise to my core, but darn, even I must admit that broken play & chain moving down was impressive man. 

35 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Romo had the night off. Prescott played the entire 1st half & if I remember correctly, Jameill Showers played the bulk of the 3rd & 4th quarters. 

Showers had this 1 play where he looked destined to be sacked by Rams pass rushers & somehow he escapes, rolls over, lands on his feet, scrabbles, & throws for a 1st down. 

I was like Jesus I hate this football franchise to my core, but darn, even I must admit that broken play & chain moving down was impressive man. 

I was really impressed with him in the first game, much more than the top 2 picks.  It helps a LOT that he has an all world O-Line but so did all the guys last year.  Did Elliot play? I am looking forward to seeing how he does.  And I am with you, I was a Pittsburgh fan (and Seahawks and Bengals) growing up long before the Colt in Indy, and remember the Cowboys stood in the way of my Steelers in a couple SB's I watched and disliked them ever since.  America's team my butt!  Pittsburgh was back then with Mean Joe and the gang! My fave players were Ken Anderson of Cincy and Largent and Zorn in Seattle and all the well known Steelers.  

I can even imagine Luck behind the Dallas line.. THEN we'd see him unleashed.  Let's hope these 4 new kids on the line all stick.  But back to Prescott.. I would take him over what we have without hesitation... sure., it's preseason, but damn... he's playing better than any QB on any team so far.  

1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

Kid's looking good! Looks so calm back there! Hopefully we can get to a point where Andrew feels that calm behind our line, haha

Yup, Dak certainly gets help from his line. Makes it worlds easier when you can actually go through your progressions. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I watched him vs the Rams & I was like crap Prescott could make the Cowboys look respectable & remain competitive if Tony Romo gets injured again. 

Dak has solid pocket presence, impressive arm strength, & touch on the ball to drop it in his WRs breadbasket without forcing his teammate to stop or slow down. 

That kid looks legit. Yes, I know. The sample size is tiny. However, the NFL doesn't appear too big for him spotlight wise. 

Yup, and hes done it against #1's as well. Its not just back ups hes played well against. Dallas might have a nice successor in waiting once Romo is done.

21 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I was really impressed with him in the first game, much more than the top 2 picks.  It helps a LOT that he has an all world O-Line but so did all the guys last year.  Did Elliot play? I am looking forward to seeing how he does.  And I am with you, I was a Pittsburgh fan (and Seahawks and Bengals) growing up long before the Colt in Indy, and remember the Cowboys stood in the way of my Steelers in a couple SB's I watched and disliked them ever since.  America's team my butt!  Pittsburgh was back then with Mean Joe and the gang! My fave players were Ken Anderson of Cincy and Largent and Zorn in Seattle and all the well known Steelers.  

I can even imagine Luck behind the Dallas line.. THEN we'd see him unleashed.  Let's hope these 4 new kids on the line all stick.  But back to Prescott.. I would take him over what we have without hesitation... sure., it's preseason, but damn... he's playing better than any QB on any team so far.  

Great post JPK! Exactly, if we had Dallas's offensive line in INDY, my God. We're talking AFC Championship Game easy. Uh huh. Prescott can handle his NFL rookie baptism with pose & confidence. Jerry Jones won't be looking to sign a veteran QB backup IMO. 

I really respect your NFL game breakdowns BTW. You're very good at it JPF. 

20 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup, and hes done it against #1's as well. Its not just back ups hes played well against. Dallas might have a nice successor in waiting once Romo is done.

As much as it kills me to say this publicly, you're 100% accurate RTB. 

Not slamming you buddy, I'm just miserable when Dallas is dangerous & competitive. Dak gives the Cowboys hope for a very bright future. Darn it! I'll manage somehow I guess to cope with my frustrations over it. :D 

It didn't help Prescott's cause that he got a DUI about 3 weeks before the draft.

I'm guessing that knocked him down roughly one round.....     he ended up going in the 4th.     He was projected in the 3rd by many sites....

But he's looked tremendous....     certainly not like a rookie....     and more likely the eventual replacement when Romo hangs it up....

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It didn't help Prescott's cause that he got a DUI about 3 weeks before the draft.

I'm guessing that knocked him down roughly one round.....     he ended up going in the 4th.     He was projected in the 3rd by many sites....

Then the secret to drafting gems is we need to find a draft pick who takes drugs but is NOT a Johnny Manziel party animal.

For fun, I tried looking for anything nasty online about Dak Prescott and the best I could find was him and some friends getting physically assaulted by random strangers, and even then, despite Prescott getting the brunt of most of the attacks, he didn't fight back and refused to press charges.
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2015/03/10/mississippi-state-qb-dak-prescott-bottled-kicked-in-face-by-spring-break-attackers/

This guy is cleaner than Mr. Clean.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Great post JPK! Exactly, if we had Dallas's offensive line in INDY, my God. We're talking AFC Championship Game easy. Uh huh. Prescott can handle his NFL rookie baptism with pose & confidence. Jerry Jones won't be looking to sign a veteran QB backup IMO. 

I really respect your NFL game breakdowns BTW. You're very good at it JPF. 

I was going to do another but the abuse heaped by people with no clue took a lot of fun out of it.  I am friends with one of the Pro Colts reporters (he's been credentialed by them for 17 years going) and asked him if my assessment was off.. he said I was dead on (and shared some interesting insider info on the O-Line which confirmed a few things for me) and he said the trolls were as typically clueless as always.  He said people like them are why he and most of the professional reporters avoid this message board.  It's too bad really.  If you like or agree with what I am saying, I'd appreciate some support when the trolls come trawling.  I offer opinions based on facts, and it seems people can't accept either if it doesn't confirm their beliefs which are usually based on feelings, not facts.  Notice how when I supply facts that refute them, they change the subject and attack something else.  Trolls will be trolls.  I appreciate the positive nod. This is supposed to be fun. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

But he's looked tremendous....     certainly not like a rookie....     and more likely the eventual replacement when Romo hangs it up....

Yeah, leave it to the Cowboys to stumble onto another Franchise QB.  I find it hard to believe they expected this.  I enjoyed watching a first time rookie kick butt.  He didn't show this much in the SEC, but it sure seems to have made him comfortable against pro level talent.  

17 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I was going to do another but the abuse heaped by people with no clue took a lot of fun out of it.  I am friends with one of the Pro Colts reporters (he's been credentialed by them for 17 years going) and asked him if my assessment was off.. he said I was dead on (and shared some interesting insider info on the O-Line which confirmed a few things for me) and he said the trolls were as typically clueless as always.  He said people like them are why he and most of the professional reporters avoid this message board.  It's too bad really.  If you like or agree with what I am saying, I'd appreciate some support when the trolls come trawling.  I offer opinions based on facts, and it seems people can't accept either if it doesn't confirm their beliefs which are usually based on feelings, not facts.  Notice how when I supply facts that refute them, they change the subject and attack something else.  Trolls will be trolls.  I appreciate the positive nod. This is supposed to be fun. 

Most reporters don't know what they are talking about either.

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

It's nice an un named source thinks your assessments are dead on.    

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's nice an un named source thinks your assessments are dead on.    

Are you calling me a liar JVan?  I don't appreciate the suggestion you're making.  Are you willing to put up your membership on this site if you're wrong?  I mean you're quite comfortable libeling my character with absolutely ZERO on the line for you and ZERO to support your accusation, so put up or shut up.  

1 minute ago, JPFolks said:

Are you calling me a liar JVan?  I don't appreciate the suggestion you're making.  Are you willing to put up your membership on this site if you're wrong?  I mean you're quite comfortable libeling my character with absolutely ZERO on the line for you and ZERO to support your accusation, so put up or shut up.  

I didn't call you anything.   I said it's nice an un named source agrees with you.  

On 8/21/2016 at 10:03 AM, JPFolks said:

Now, English isn't my first language but I don't see how what he said is a lie. Whatsoever. Also asking someone to put up their membership on a forum, really funny   lmao

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Gotta be the first to be right about players... ya feel?

Wonder who the insider was?  Oh it's Mike Wells.  We all know how smart Wells is right?   No no wait!    It was Greg Doyel.  Encore, Encore!

8 hours ago, krunk said:

They might as well get ready for Prescott to be the QB for most of the season. Romo is not going to last.

I didn't see the game so I'm just going off stats but 17/23 and a TD looks impressive but he only threw for 116 yards, that is only 6.83 yards per completion and just over 5 yards per attempt.  You really want the yards per attempt to be at 7+ preferably 7.5+ and yards per completion to be 10.5+.

Not to say he won't be good, he very well could be, I don't know anything about him at all.

On 8/21/2016 at 10:03 AM, JPFolks said:

I find this post extremely funny.  Not that JVAN needs anyone to jump in for him but why don't you put up or shut-up?  What "insider" information did he share with you about the oline?

8 hours ago, krunk said:

They might as well get ready for Prescott to be the QB for most of the season. Romo is not going to last.

If they only had a decent D, with that O-line and potential balanced O, they could go farther in the playoffs, IMO. We could see a Kaepernick style playoff run the year he took over for Alex Smith, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I didn't see the game so I'm just going off stats but 17/23 and a TD looks impressive but he only threw for 116 yards, that is only 6.83 yards per completion and just over 5 yards per attempt.  You really want the yards per attempt to be at 7+ preferably 7.5+ and yards per completion to be 10.5+.

Not to say he won't be good, he very well could be, I don't know anything about him at all.

I'm not even talking about stats.   Romo had to leave the game with another back injury.  Although it appears it he'll be okay I think there's a very real possibility that back  is going to give him problems again this season. 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If they only had a decent D, with that O-line and potential balanced O, they could go farther in the playoffs, IMO. We could see a Kaepernick style playoff run the year he took over for Alex Smith, IMO. 

My feelings are he'll take over for Romo sooner  rather than later and it is mostly related to Romos' durability.  I just don't think Romo is going to last long.  Dak seems like he can play though .

Just now, krunk said:

My feelings are he'll take over for Romo sooner  rather than later and it is mostly related to Romos' durability.  I just don't think he's going to last long.  Dak seems like he can play though .

Yeah, I agree. Romo is more likely to join the long list of QBs that lost their starting job due to injury. 

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

A couple hard sacks is all it's going to take and we'll see Dak take over.

Exactly, I watched Prescott play against the Dolphins in the Preseason & he seemed to have nice chemistry with WR Brice Butler.

Plus, in the 2nd quarter, I saw Dak pump fake, point, & scoot in for a touchdown. Man, the kid is like a cagey vet, nothing flusters him, tremendous poise in the pocket...If I was Romo, I'd be worried too brother. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Exactly, I watch Prescott play against the Dolphins in Preseason & he seemed to have chemistry with WR Brice Butler.

Plus, in the 2nd quarter, I saw Dak pump fake, point, & scoot in for a touchdown. Man, the kid is like a cagey vet, nothing flusters him, tremendous poise in the pocket...If I was Romo, I'd be worried too brother. 

If Romo is healthy I don't think there is much to fear.  Problem is I don't think he'll remain healthy this season.  It's not going to be long before it's Dak time, and when that time comes and they win some games they might just make Dak the permanent driver. Brady took over for Bledsoe, and Romo took over for Bledsoe too I believe.  Won't be long before Dak takes over for Romo.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

If Romo is healthy I don't think there is much to fear.  Problem is I don't think he'll remain healthy this season.  It's not going to be long before it's Dak time, and when that time comes and they win some games they might just make Dak the permanent driver. Brady took over for Bledsoe, and Romo took over for Bledsoe too I believe.  Won't be long before Dak takes over for Romo.

Yeah, Tony is a good QB, but given his broken clavicle issues, age, & that it took Romo way to long to stop competing at golf tournaments until a few yrs ago, #9 needs to remember that Dak is 1 bad collision away from becoming the man in Dallas. 

I know Preseason doesn't mean crap with vanilla defenses in play, but Dak has "it" man. He can make every throw, he can get turnovers removed [Miami Dolphins game joke], he doesn't panic when the pocket collapses, & he looks like he has command of the huddle. 

Under Prescott the Cowboys might even be dangerous...Crap! Son of a... :D