Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Veteran Options

Luckynumber12

I feel like Jones' role is one that we have quite a bit of depth for.  Kerr, Hughes, Parry are pretty good fillers.  While a very different player, Anderson getting more PT out of the injury is not a bad thing either...

I think you go with the guys you have. Anderson looked good last night when he came in for Jones and yes there will be growing pains with Anderson but I think you trust your draft pick and give him an oppturtunity while maybe opening a door for someone like Pendleton to make the roster.

I think you go with the guys you have. Anderson looked good last night when he came in for Jones and yes there will be growing pains with Anderson but I think you trust your draft pick and give him an oppturtunity while maybe opening a door for someone like Pendleton to make the roster.

I agree. The depth at DL is solid, unlike the OL. Losing Jones is not good, if only because everyone has expectations that he can be an impact player if he could ever stay healthy. But another ankle injury is a concern. Because so far as a Colt, he can't stay healthy, and therefore all those expectations are just wishful thinking. Jones has just been another guy instead of the D-line stalwart the Colts thought they were getting. Anderson; Kerr; Hughes. They can play the DT slot effectively, and ultimately, perhaps better than Jones. No need to go fishing in the free agent dung pile for Jones' replacement. 

I feel like Jones' role is one that we have quite a bit of depth for. Kerr, Hughes, Parry are pretty good fillers. While a very different player, Anderson getting more PT out of the injury is not a bad thing either...

Sure we have depth. As in guys who can go on the field and play his position. But none of them are starting caliber or good enough for a team with Championship aspirations. Imo

Sure we have depth. As in guys who can go on the field and play his position. But none of them are starting caliber or good enough for a team with Championship aspirations. Imo

Hopefully Anderson will turn into that type of difference maker though. He'll get his chance if Jones is out a few weeks. Kerr could possibly develop into a solid starter too IMO.

I don't know.  I was really impressed with Kerr early in the season last year.  And Parry has certainly been impressive so far.  I'm not comfortable saying neither is starter quality; though, that certainly could be true.  I would definitely rather have Jones available, but we're worrying about a much less troublesome injury situation than the team has had to deal with in recent years.  I'm actually much more worried about the Toler injury than this...

Is Ray McDonald still in trouble? Or did he get cleared, or is it taken care of? Or what's the deal there? He's the only guy that'd be worth signing IMO. But lets just hope Jones is ok. Having Jones makes a big difference in our D-Line.

McDonald is a scumbag. He was just indicted, and he's facing 8 years in prison for rape.

http://sfo.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Grand-Jury-indicts-Ray-McDonald-charges-Ahmad-Brooks-38971544

We have the depth at the position. It will be good to get them more experience, particularly Anderson. Hopefully Jones comes back healthy by midseason at the latest. I'm remaining optimistic. It's not the same ankle he struggled with last season, so time will tell what the recovery holds in store for him.

McDonald is a scumbag. He was just indicted, and he's facing 8 years in prison for rape.

http://sfo.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Grand-Jury-indicts-Ray-McDonald-charges-Ahmad-Brooks-38971544

We have the depth at the position. It will be good to get them more experience, particularly Anderson. Hopefully Jones comes back healthy by midseason at the latest. I'm remaining optimistic. It's not the same ankle he struggled with last season, so time will tell what the recovery holds in store for him.

Ouch. Yeah I haven't seen anything about him since he got released a few months back. I didn't know if it could have been settled or maybe blown out of proportion a little. You never know with things like that.

Go with the guys we have. Henry Anderson, Keep Kelcy Quarles, and of course there is Hughes and Kerr.

That's exactly what we will do. I don't understand the grass is always greener mentality.

We have depth on the DL. The only position group that's deeper is WR. If we lost a top guy in another group it would be a bigger problem.

It sucks I loved the Langford signing and was excited about those two doing work this year. It looks like that will have to wait for a while.

well, roster cuts are coming so we should be able to fill the gap if needed. They probably will be more older players but we need that experience anyway.

You really believe that? Who do you have us cutting for this experienced D Lineman we need?

What are peoples opinions of Quarles?  I thought he did well in the first pre-season game but I haven't really noticed him since.

My thoughts are about the same. I can't say one way or the other, but I'm thinking at the least they'll keep him on the PS if anything else.  

That's exactly what we will do. I don't understand the grass is always greener mentality.

We have depth on the DL. The only position group that's deeper is WR. If we lost a top guy in another group it would be a bigger problem.

It sucks I loved the Langford signing and was excited about those two doing work this year. It looks like that will have to wait for a while.

Yeah I know.  I'm almost 95 percent sure Jones has another high ankle sprain so we probably won't be seeing him for a while.

Now I know I suggested we stick with the guys we have, but I just noticed the Titans got rid of Derrick Lott.

I'm not saying he would be some kind of saviour or anything, but I'm thinking along the lines of finding a

last minute young gem(for depth) inside of some of these cuts teams are making.

I remember a lot of people on this forum were speaking highly of Lott before the draft as a DE or either NT prospect.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Waive-10-Players-Move-Closer-to-75-Man-Limit/5734d64f-4afd-488d-a879-18d43937c782